Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,856 members, 7,817,535 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:55 PM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (34656 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dayokanu(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
IFELEKE: OP,
Do not hit your wife back!
She is your wife&if you truly know each other,you should be wise enough to know she's in a foul mood.Take time off to reflect on how to assert yourself rightly.
Tips:-
Your wife is obviously hot tempered so avoid being suck in when it rises,calmly retreat.
There is always a calm after storm,use yours to have a frank talk with her.Tell her-in plain terms-your mind,apologise for your wrong doings that have triggered the reaction,let her know that her reaction is over the board&you will no longer condone it.
Both of you should strive to maintain a balance.(you:stop offending her&she'll stop slapping you)

You married her for better/worse,you've had better times now deal with the worse.

Question if the man was the one who slapped the wife Would your advise still be the same?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by ajiifixing(m): 5:30pm On Nov 13, 2013
The day my wife tried it in front of her flippant mother,i waited for her for years.The mark i inflicted on her body years afterwards is still an evidence till today.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Question if the man was the one who slapped the wife Would your advise still be the same?

The guy is asking the OP to apologize for getting slapped and you're asking this question? grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
"Oh I'm so sorry dear! My face did not mean to collide with your open palm with such violence. I am so sorry my love. I wont touch your pot again"

grin grin grin

Emasculated Men angry

6 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by sluk(m): 5:35pm On Nov 13, 2013
grin

I just dey imagine say u dey my front dey talk dis thing now.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by mufutau55(m): 5:37pm On Nov 13, 2013
kensto: I was having an argument with my wife over an issue which she was at fault. I angryly left the house to cool temper. I later came back and asked for my food ,she ignored me. I went to the kitchen to take my food, opened the pot to take the food. She came from where she was staying walked to the kitchen and closed the pot and then slapped me saying "how dare you touch my pot". I just stood there for some minutes wondering what i would do to her. Please tell me what to do.

Give her six times slap back in return, instantly. She will never do it again, and if she does, send her packing.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dayokanu(m): 5:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
Female OP: My husband slapped me

I hope the below would be right

Do not hit your HUSBAND back!
He is your husband &if you truly know each other,you should be wise enough to know he's in a foul mood.Take time off to reflect on how to assert yourself rightly.
Your husband is obviously hot tempered so avoid being suck in when it rises,calmly retreat.
There is always a calm after storm,use yours to have a frank talk with him.Tell her-in plain terms-your mind,apologise for your wrong doings that have triggered the reaction,let him know that his reaction is over the board&you will no longer condone it.
Both of you should strive to maintain a balance.(you:stop offending her&he'll stop slapping you)

You married him for better/worse,you've had better times now deal with the worse.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 13, 2013
Lmao
What makes you say that?
I do not see myself as under my man
That's wrong from all perspectives.
You see I love the ' man is the head of the family' style.
What I'm used to and understand is that the parents are the leaders in the home with the husband as the executive leader.
It doesn't even put the children 'under' him
How much more the wife.
Every individual is unique and the individuality must be allowed to manifest.without suppression.
So husband wife and kids all must be put into consideration before any decision is made.
No one person's desire or wants will be put above the other's.and each decision will be made with the general well being of everyone in mind.
We are a family aren't we?
No one person lauds it over the other.
Is the concept of oneness foreign to you?.
nna_bu_ike:

I am happy that you have now come to understand that women must be put in their place. They are beneath men and sometimes they seem to forget this. Now most people do not enjoy violence, but like drinking bitter medicine it is sometimes necessary.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 5:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
Xsolutions: See guy...violence in marriage whether from the women or men should should not be condoned but for you to say women are beneath men is wrong!!!This is not true.

The necessity of occasionally drinking bitter medicine has nothing to do with ones approval. It is something that must be done for survival. So although violence may not be condoned, it is occasionally necessary.

And women **are** inferior to men.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Lmao
What makes you say that?
I do not see myself as under my man
That's wrong from all perspectives.
You see I love the ' man is the head of the family' style.
What I'm used to and understand is that the parents are the leaders in the home with the husband as the executive leader.
It doesn't even put the children 'under' him
How much more the wife.
Every individual is unique and the individuality must be allowed to manifest.without suppression.
So husband wife and kids all must be put into consideration before any decision is made.
No one person's desire or wants will be put above the other's.and each decision will be made with the general well being of everyone in mind.
We are a family aren't we?
No one person lauds it over the other.
Is the concept of oneness foreign to you?.

Typical girl. Confusing wishful thinking for reality.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 13, 2013
Is what I say too smiley
Xsolutions: See guy...violence in marriage whether from the women or men should should not be condoned but for you to say women are beneath men is wrong!!!This is not true.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Another thread that has turned into a gender battle and feminism debate undecided
Nigeria is discussing what other countries stopped discussing 50 years ago lipsrsealed
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by cannonnier(m): 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
kensto: I was having an argument with my wife over an issue which she was at fault. I angryly left the house to cool temper. I later came back and asked for my food ,she ignored me. I went to the kitchen to take my food, opened the pot to take the food. She came from where she was staying walked to the kitchen and closed the pot and then slapped me saying "how dare you touch my pot". I just stood there for some minutes wondering what i would do to her. Please tell me what to do.
i will invite her eldest brother for dinner. after that i wil challange him to wrestle, kick his ass so bad that he wont be able to walk home. she will understand the moral.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 13, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

Typical girl. Confusing wishful thinking for reality.
there are families like that for real.so it's not wishful thinking.
Sorry dear it's not our fault you grew up and learned other wise. Maybe next life,you'll be more fortunate to experience the ideal thing. #just saying#
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 5:50pm On Nov 13, 2013
would a lady be so kind to explain "my pot" to me please.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by oselenkejoor: 5:51pm On Nov 13, 2013
ledafaze: My advice...

I am not married.. but in such situations, I have programmed myself not to say anything... but to walk into my library room/corner, take a book and continue reading...

She will calm down.... You need to study her anger level... so as to know how she gets angry... at what level... and how soon she recuperates...

But give her the feeling that you really HATE what she did so she can start begging you....

And DONT deny her anything o!

What balderdash are u spewing! For God sake the bitch gave him a hot slap and u're telling him to turn her to a 4-unit course and start studying for temperament. What rubbish!!! Give her the beating of her life, u can apologize later!

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by xtiedre: 5:52pm On Nov 13, 2013
are you still standing there? waiting for advise?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
Trust some guys on NL
Anyway it's not our fault. You know nigeria is still behind in civilization.
Maybe someday dudes will accept civilization
If they don't,their sons will accept it for them
But anyho,we'll get there just like others did.
carefreewannabe: Another thread that has turned into a gender battle and feminism debate undecided
Nigeria is discussing what other countries stopped discussing 50 years ago lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
oh oh. busted! grin grin

+1

alutacontinua:

I disagree with ur last paragraph. If d op were to be a woman, you wld nt include dt part of doing internal check because nothing shld make a man hit a woman.

You wld rather tend towards telling d woman dt dis is just d beginning and she has to get herself out of arm's way before it's too late.

IMO, as a feminist (who blivs in equality), dt's d same tin u shld be telling dis man.

His wife is violent nd might av abusive tendencies, period!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Flygeriansteve: 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
Do not hit your wife back!
She is your wife&if you truly know each other,you should be wise enough to know she's in a foul mood.Take time off to reflect on how to assert yourself rightly.
Your wife is obviously hot tempered so avoid being suck in when it rises,calmly retreat.
There is always a calm after storm,use yours to have a frank talk with her.Tell her-in plain terms-your mind, apologise for your wrong doings that have triggered the reaction,let her know that her reaction is over the board&you will no longer condone it.
Both of you should strive to maintain a balance.(you: stop offending her&she'll stop slapping you)

You married her for better/worse,you've had better times now deal with the worse.
See this LEFULEFU already assuming the man somehow must have done sth to deserve the slap. How does one apologise after being physically abused? This ya psychology tire me o.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: there are families like that for real.so it's not wishful thinking.
Sorry dear it's not our fault you grew up and learned other wise. Maybe next life,you'll be more fortunate to experience the ideal thing. #just saying#

It is wishful thinking to believe that your fantasy is the "ideal thing." I do not doubt at all that there are some families like what you describe, but I notice that in such families, there are no men in them. Sure, they may look like men, but it is an insult to real men to be referring to them as such.

As to my next life that you are referring to, it is my sons that will live that life, I teach them what it means to be men. I also teach them to deal mercilessly with any woman who ever disrespects them(or anyone for that matter) and I also teach them why it is important for them to do so.

I live the "ideal life". My sons will live the "ideal life", and it will resemble nothing like that situation comedy that you previously described.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 5:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u:
Well if you must know,many women these days don't live to land the 'real man'
Not saying a woman who wants to marry shouldn't learn home-making skills. I encourage that, but it shouldn't be the first thing in her achievement list.
We have lives too you know.
For me,I don't know for others,nothing is going to hamper my academic dreams.
Doesn't mean I won't be a good mom or wife.
Advising women the way you're doing is like telling them to not bother about career and achievements just because the real man they hope to meet will be making enough to finance the family.
Who says she can't learn to be a good wifey n mommy alongside her achieving her goals and dreams?
Being a woman isn't easy we know. But with determination I believe a lady can have her home,her marriage, and her career
As long as you the husband doesn't try to rein her in and subdue her.

Dear,

You should know that everyone have different ideas and views to life.

My own is that he doesn't marry a woman keen on going far and starts to stifle her after the wedding

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 5:56pm On Nov 13, 2013
carefreewannabe: Another thread that has turned into a gender battle and feminism debate undecided
its not a gender battle.and even if it was, browse the internat its a serious situation there and they are very much deep in it right now like it just begone.we havnt even gotten started here
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by IFELEKE(m): 5:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
dayokanu:

Of course not,My advise is based on what the OP tendered.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
Most women have been trained to believe their place is in the man's bed and and the kitchen alone.
And as normal human beings,they exercise territorialism in the little niche they have come to see as all they can achieve in their lives.
Trust me,if such women had opportunities to live out their hearts dreams and achieve their childhood goals,they'd be less fanatical about 'their' kitchens
They'll obtain fulfilment from their other endeavors.
troy20: would a lady be so kind to explain "my pot" to me please.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u:
Well if you must know,many women these days don't live to land the 'real man'
Not saying a woman who wants to marry shouldn't learn home-making skills. I encourage that, but it shouldn't be the first thing in her achievement list.
We have lives too you know.
For me,I don't know for others,nothing is going to hamper my academic dreams.
Doesn't mean I won't be a good mom or wife.
Advising women the way you're doing is like telling them to not bother about career and achievements just because the real man they hope to meet will be making enough to finance the family.
Who says she can't learn to be a good wifey n mommy alongside her achieving her goals and dreams?
Being a woman isn't easy we know. But with determination I believe a lady can have her home,her marriage, and her career
As long as you the husband doesn't try to rein her in and subdue her.
My dear, desperate chase for career and money like most of women do now definitely mar a woman's chances of being homely, etc. Though there are few exceptions.

And I usually laugh when I read people talk about how white and western countries are enjoying their marriages when compared to African marriage.

See, if not that its unprofessional and forbidden for me to share my counselling sessions with foreigners here, I would have shared just 4 situations for u guys to learn from and stop hailing oyimbo marriage style cos they are in pains.

And some of them are beginning to realise that the old system of marriage which is what africans practise remains the best for any family to have peace and happiness.

Anyway, let me not sound too old-fashioned to avoid ruining the fun today women are having in their newfound career/money-chasegrin

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
GeneralShepherd:

And you say American is babylon? You are Babylon!!! Gush
I dont hit women. thats for weak men. wink
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Trust some guys on NL
Anyway it's not our fault. You know nigeria is still behind in civilization.
Maybe someday dudes will accept civilization
If they don't,their sons will accept it for them
But anyho,we'll get there just like others did.

I hope so! wink
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by cannonnier(m): 6:03pm On Nov 13, 2013
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 6:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
carefreewannabe:

Are you for real What rock are you living under? Domestic violence happens in every country FYI
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by coogar: 6:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

This is the second time and she quoted my post

I do not know another definition of personal

This is the first time the wife slapped the husband; it is not a continuous stuff?

I said the second time, he should report her to her parents for re-training

Can you post a proof that I told a woman to leave her home after the first slap?

i didn't have to dig deep.....
this was you indirectly saying ladies who have identified their spouses as potential abusers/cheats to run for their dear lives.

the key word here is potential....in your submission, the woman doesn't even have to suffer the abuse before running for her dear life. signs that the husband may be abusive(potential) is enough reason for her to flee.

Bukatyne:
A female poster opens a thread to advice ladies to avoid abusive and substandard men.

Male posters are ranting and talking about submission, competitiveness, reasons men cheat etc.

If your sister brings a man you know is a potential abuser or cheat home, will you advice her to carry on so that she will not hug her pillow at night or walk on menopause street? Will you tell her to be patient and pray or run for her dear life?

The quality of some men is really pathetic.

Just as some women are not wife materials, some men are not husband materials.

the topic of discussion here is not even talking about a potential abuser. this man's wife has already crossed the line. she abused her husband & yet you are soliciting a second chance for her.

can you now see your double standard? grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
squaddy:

Are you for real What rock are you living under? Domestic violence happens in every country FYI

I am not speaking of domestic violence!

This thread has turned into something else! Go through the answers and you'll see. It's again about who is the boss of the family, who has more to say, who is / should be the breadwinner, why women must submit and so on and so forth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Father Gives His Daughter Valentine's Day Advice About Not Losing Her Virginity / My Wife Constantly Denies Me Sex / Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.