Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,815 members, 7,817,364 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:01 AM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (34655 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
Thanks smiley smiley
bukatyne:

Hi babe, how are you

You are pretty; saw your thread on Nairaland beauties cheesy
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Dunexxx(m): 5:05pm On Nov 13, 2013
Xsolutions:
Hehe...hurt?? I REPEAT...YOU ARE NOTHING!!!

No dey follow woman dey warn na. Bros
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 13, 2013
Dunexxx:

No dey follow woman dey warn na. Bros
I don't see her as a woman...
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: My dear, in as much as I respect your opinion on this...let's face the truth here- most women tend to lack respect for their husband or boyfriend when they are the breadwinner of the home or when they earn more than their spouse or boyfriend, reason you hardly or rarely see rich single ladies dating guys they are richer than- very rare, and most times, they don't behave well towards the guy, still give him some snobbish attitudes....

The trend continues.....women hardly date down....they want someone higher than them- age-wise, financial-wise, height-wise, intelligence-wise, in fact, everything wise...and if a guy mistakenly marry a lady richer and maybe more educated than him, he is in for trouble and mess....

Naturally in Nigeria, women expect more from a man- they expect their husbands to foot at least 80% of the house bills if not 90%, and when their husband isn't meeting up to that expectation, with time, the woman's respect for him will start witnessing a dwindle.

Men don't care if their wife comes from a wretched family....what they care most from their wife is respect, humility, submission and emotional support. But women care more about their hubby's financial support, emotional support and ability to provide and fend for the family, and it is a natural trait.

That's why men don't misbehave or mistreat/maltreat their wife when they are the ones earning higher or providing everything. But its always different when the woman is earning higher or is the breadwinner.

Maybe it may change in the future...but I would advice any young man wishing to marry in Nigeria to please strive and pray to have a good means of income, and also save for the rainy day cos most women don't wanna know that you were once comfortable....most care about the present and current situation cos their memories are mostly short lived.

So OP should try and figure out the root cause of his wife's action to avoid it from reoccurring and not just dwell on retaliating.

There should be a change because it women will continue to earn same and higher than their husbands.

I also believe you are generalizing. Some men too are very egoistic when they earn lower than their wives and every cough of the wife becomes a sign of disrespect.

Every young man should strive to marry a woman who loves him for who he is...

No condition is permanent; a 'high' earner today can be sacked tomorrow...

What will he do? hang himself?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Flygeriansteve: 5:07pm On Nov 13, 2013
Amaaskia: Hahaha OP confess. What did you do to her?

She is not a mad woman to just sit down and get angry like that.

Confess ooooo
It's really sad that time and again womenfolk try to defend acts of violence like this against men by somehow trying to still make their gender appear the victim. Going by your logic, one can say a man can beat his wife black and blue if he has a REASON to do so? Why would a sane woman test the limits of her husband's tolerance--someone who is more likely than not physically stronger and capable of inflicting damage on you if he retaliates--by slapping him? Even in the streets, ppl know the only valid ground for hitting sb is if they hit you first.

@OP. You did right by not slapping your wife who hit you. You showed your own superior maturity by that but you seriously need to ponder on the relationship that exists btw you both because if she slapped you, I bet you, there's no guarantee she won't do it again.

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by iamdsam: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
@op Was there any grieviance between both of you before because I believe there is which has warrantened this slap. I will advice you to go and settle with your wife. Nairalanders can't run your family for you. You and your wife should.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Amaaskia:

Hahaha aww. Did I hurt you?

Is your heart bleeding?

Aww. So sorry! I didn't mean to hurt your feelings, I'm simply stating reality:

You are a "foolish" man.
she-beast

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
troy20:
dailynews my man i like the way you take your time to write.
Thanks, and I like the way you find time to read smiley

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:08pm On Nov 13, 2013
Dunexxx:

Lmao. Damn! Ama u have mouth mehnnnn. Lucky u gats looks with that mouth eh

LOL. Like wah yu see? grin wink
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 5:11pm On Nov 13, 2013
coogar:

madam aluta has already exposed the double standard. if the roles were reversed, 90% of the females would advise the wife to move out of the house cos the hubby is a beast, monster, coward, tout, uncultured, unruly, ungentlemanly and any other adjective you can add......

should this husband also move out of the house?

Except she is a witch or mind reader, she did not expose any double standard.

The proof will be to pull out my posts in a similar suitation where the woman was the victim and compare to my response here.

If I don't like someone's opinions or mindset, I sometimes waka pass or ask questions like 'what will you tell your wife to do' etc. than read minds except if they had expressly stated their opinions in similar situations on a previous thread

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 5:12pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Someone says I should ask you what breed is your mother smiley

I am hardly a hypocrite. My mother is not much different from any other girl, but it was not up to me to deal with that, it was up to the father and he did a splendid job at that.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 13, 2013
nna_bu_ike: Additionally, after delivering the 24 lashes with my belt buckle, then using pliers
I will slowly tear out pieces of her skin and flesh and make her eat it!!
sociopath/psycopath on the loose
Run for your lives.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Thanks smiley smiley

You are welcome cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Dunexxx(m): 5:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
Amaaskia:

LOL. Like wah yu see? grin ;P

Hehe I luv wat I'm seeing mami wink

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

I am hardly a hypocrite. My mother is not much different from any other girl, but it was not up to me to deal with that, it was up to the father and he did a splendid job at that.
Awesome reply...very matured...

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by coogar: 5:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:
Except she is a witch or mind reader, she did not expose any double standard.

The proof will be to pull out my posts in a similar suitation where the woman was the victim and compare to my response here.

don't take this ish personal........
madam aluta was spot-on with her analysis. you were soliciting a second chance with this abusive wife but if it was the husband that dished the slap, your response would have been different. you would have probably advised her to get him arrested.

If I don't like someone's opinions or mindset, I sometimes waka pass or ask questions like 'what will you tell your wife to do' etc. than read minds except if they had expressly stated their opinions in similar situations on a previous thread

are you sure about this?

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

There should be a change because it women will continue to earn same and higher than their husbands.

I also believe you are generalizing. Some men too are very egoistic when they earn lower than their wives and every cough of the wife becomes a sign of disrespect.

Every young man should strive to marry a woman who loves him for who he is...

No condition is permanent; a 'high' earner today can be sacked tomorrow...

What will he do? hang himself?
The best way a man can maintain the lovely environment between him and his girlfriend or wife is to strive and pray to be in charge financially. Yes, you are right that some men are egoistic...but my dear, there are few men who maltreat their wives or girlfriends because they earn more than her or because they are richer than her, when compared to the number of women who disrespect and disregard their boyfriends and husbands just because they are richer than him or are earning higher than the man.

Anyway, I really don't pray to marry a woman who is richer than I am...yes...I pray to be in charge of my family financially and if my wife must bring in her money, let it be for fun and for the sake of one family and not because I need any from her...cos I still believe in the old ways of marriage- man should take of the family financially while the woman takes care of the kids and making sure the home is in order food-wise, etc...thats it.

So many Nigerian guys don't really care about how much a woman has or brings....in fact, most men don't even want their woman to be earning too much....so single ladies should better chill and re-direct their efforts towards acquiring good home skills and manner rather than chasing after money and career when actually most real guys don't care, aside few failed guys and the gold-digging guys looking for a woman to take charge of their responsibilities
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Thanks for clearing that up smiley
nna_bu_ike:

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 5:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
carlinks: For those saying the story might not be true,I've seen worse happen over lesser issues..a friend was hungry and he didn't have money so his gf went to buy food for him with her money..he was yet to start eating when his girlfriend told him sometinz that hurt him so he said he wasn't gona eat anymore.

Then he asked that I give him food so I gave him some noodles to prepare and while he was at it,his girlfriend went to meet him in d kitchen and asked why he wasted her money..before you could say bingo,she slapped him thrice..I was shocked..this was a guy that when he starts fighting here,he beats 4 guys together at a time..I had to take him away lest he kills the babe and he confided in me that wasn't the first time it was happening..

Some ladies are just naturally violent and quick to physically assault their bf or husband

Hahhahhaah...I'm having a laugh...so she knows her BF is spartacus and gannicus in one and still goes ahead to slap him thrice Even a man would not have the boldness to do that not to mention a woman...you must be confusing a jim iyke movie with what you thought you saw
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by KraticKratus: 5:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
op, the gods are angry with you.
low bride price tinz
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
coogar:

don't take this ish personal........
madam aluta was spot-on with her analysis. you were soliciting a second chance with this abusive but if it was the husband that dished the slap, your response would have been different. you would have probably advised her to get him arrested.

are you sure about this?

This is the second time and she quoted my post

I do not know another definition of personal

This is the first time the wife slapped the husband; it is not a continuous stuff?

I said the second time, he should report her to her parents for re-training

Can you post a proof that I told a woman to leave her home after the first slap?

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by IFELEKE(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
OP,
Do not hit your wife back!
She is your wife&if you truly know each other,you should be wise enough to know she's in a foul mood.Take time off to reflect on how to assert yourself rightly.
Tips:-
Your wife is obviously hot tempered so avoid being suck in when it rises,calmly retreat.
There is always a calm after storm,use yours to have a frank talk with her.Tell her-in plain terms-your mind,apologise for your wrong doings that have triggered the reaction,let her know that her reaction is over the board&you will no longer condone it.
Both of you should strive to maintain a balance.(you:stop offending her&she'll stop slapping you)

You married her for better/worse,you've had better times now deal with the worse.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by nnabuike1(m): 5:19pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: Thanks for clearing that up smiley

I am happy that you have now come to understand that women must be put in their place. They are beneath men and sometimes they seem to forget this. Now most people do not enjoy violence, but like drinking bitter medicine it is sometimes necessary.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 5:20pm On Nov 13, 2013
DailyNews: The best way a man can maintain the lovely environment between him and his girlfriend or wife is to strive and pray to be in charge financially. Yes, you are right that some men are egoistic...but my dear, there are few men who maltreat their wives or girlfriends because they earn more than her or because they are richer than her, when compared to the number of women who disrespect and disregard their boyfriends and husbands just because they are richer than him or are earning higher than the man.

Anyway, I really don't pray to marry a woman who is richer than I am...yes...I pray to be in charge of my family financially and if my wife must bring in her money, let it be for fun and for the sake of one family and not because I need any from her...cos I still believe in the old ways of marriage- man should take of the family financially while the woman takes care of the kids and making sure the home is in order food-wise, etc...thats it.

So many Nigerian guys don't really care about how much a woman has or brings....in fact, most men don't even want their woman to be earning too much....so single ladies should better chill and re-direct their efforts towards acquiring good home skills and manner rather than chasing after money and career when actually most real guys don't care, aside few failed guys and the gold-digging guys looking for a woman to take charge of their responsibilities

The bolded ends the discuss

You have been projecting your desires all along

Don't worry, God will give you the desires of your heart
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

EH...if I hear!!..u dey reply in english?? Well you be gentleman sha...@loretta..the sister, GF, female cousins and aunt are acceptable but next time please don't go near the mother...it hurts deeply
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
nna_bu_ike:

I am happy that you have now come to understand that women must be put in their place. They are beneath men and sometimes they seem to forget this. Now most people do not enjoy violence, but like drinking bitter medicine it is sometimes necessary.
See guy...violence in marriage whether from the women or men should should not be condoned but for you to say women are beneath men is wrong!!!This is not true.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by kolidave: 5:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
Flygeriansteve: It's really sad that time and again womenfolk try to defend acts of violence like this against men by somehow trying to still make their gender appear the victim. Going by your logic, one can say a man can beat his wife black and blue if he has a REASON to do so? Why would a sane woman test the limits of her husband's tolerance--someone who is more likely than not physically stronger and capable of inflicting damage on you if he retaliates--by slapping him? Even in the streets, ppl know the only valid ground for hitting sb is if they hit you first.

@OP. You did right by not slapping your wife who hit you. You showed your own superior maturity by that but you seriously need to ponder on the relationship that exists btw you both because if she slapped you, I bet you, there's no guarantee she won't do it again.
how u sure say op never beat hell commot her body and sent her packing
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:27pm On Nov 13, 2013
IFELEKE: OP,
Do not hit your wife back!
She is your wife&if you truly know each other,you should be wise enough to know she's in a foul mood.Take time off to reflect on how to assert yourself rightly.
Tips:-
Your wife is obviously hot tempered so avoid being suck in when it rises,calmly retreat.
There is always a calm after storm,use yours to have a frank talk with her.Tell her-in plain terms-your mind,apologise for your wrong doings that have triggered the reaction,let her know that her reaction is over the board&you will no longer condone it.
Both of you should strive to maintain a balance.(you:stop offending her&she'll stop slapping you)

You married her for better/worse,you've had better times now deal with the worse.

LMAO at grown men apologizing for their wrongdoing....to the woman that slapped them. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Dunexxx(m): 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
lorretta u: sociopath/psycopath on the loose
Run for your lives.

Hehehe
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

The bolded ends the discuss

You have been projecting your desires all along

Don't worry, God will give you the desires of your heart
Sure, He will...all I need from a woman is respect, humility, submission and being able to take care of the house and kids....every other thing is secondary.

Don't worry...its mostly boys that fantasize about marrying a rich lady...grown up men with wisdom understand better smiley
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by boladonas(m): 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
Do Nothing!
U will still receive more slaps joyfully
Take your shirt and walk out till u re calm
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
.[b]Dailynews:[/b]so single ladies should better chill and re-direct their efforts towards acquiring good home skills and manner rather than chasing after money and career when actually most real guys don't care,
Well if you must know,many women these days don't live to land the 'real man'
Not saying a woman who wants to marry shouldn't learn home-making skills. I encourage that, but it shouldn't be the first thing in her achievement list.
We have lives too you know.
For me,I don't know for others,nothing is going to hamper my academic dreams.
Doesn't mean I won't be a good mom or wife.
Advising women the way you're doing is like telling them to not bother about career and achievements just because the real man they hope to meet will be making enough to finance the family.
Who says she can't learn to be a good wifey n mommy alongside her achieving her goals and dreams?
Being a woman isn't easy we know. But with determination I believe a lady can have her home,her marriage, and her career
As long as you the husband doesn't try to rein her in and subdue her.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Father Gives His Daughter Valentine's Day Advice About Not Losing Her Virginity / My Wife Constantly Denies Me Sex / Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.