Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,154 members, 7,953,584 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:50 PM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (35077 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by pickabeau1: 7:55am On Nov 15, 2013
dude phillips.. u are some dude mehn,,,

i just read what you wrote properly..

And the lesson "No one has a monopoly of violence" grin grin grin
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 1:10pm On Nov 15, 2013
Chomzy19: As in Eehcheesy His talents no b here oo cheesy, he shld be winning awards if he decides to utilize it
Lol!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Nov 15, 2013
troy20:
ah! A feminist...this one.how long have you been fighting the course?

'This one' means what exactly? Why refer to me as 'this one'?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dhabrio: 5:12pm On Nov 15, 2013
bukatyne:

I seem NOT to understand these posts.

Does who win the 'bread' matter in this case?

Would you like if your hubby slaps you because he is the one winning the bread?

I also do not understand this village mentality of 'my pot', 'my kitchen' etc. where does the hubby own?

@OP:

If you are certain that this is all that happened and you have not slapped or done similar before, please WARN her sternly never to try such with you again and mean it. Also tell her that there is nothing like 'her pot' or whatever. You have become one and relate as such Also do internal check to see where you went wrong (I am NOT saying that there is a justification for the slap) and try to adjust.

Physical violence should be discouraged in marriage from either party and curbed.

If she tries it again, report her to her parents and tell them to train her on how to discuss with you like a rational human being because I am sure she doesn't slap people who offend her outside

This is not a 'assert yourself as the man' advice, I will give the same if it were a woman.

i love ur post except that u should report her to her parents coz "to every area-boy/girl there must be an area-father/mother" Just be prayerful and ask God to change her. She might be influenced by friends. being the breadwinner or not ur hubby is ur hubby.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by juman(m): 5:17pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sit her down and talk to her brain.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 5:22pm On Nov 15, 2013
dhabrio:

i love ur post except that u should report her to her parents coz "to every area-boy/girl there must be an area-father/mother" Just be prayerful and ask God to change her. She might be influenced by friends. being the breadwinner or not ur hubby is ur hubby.

Lol!

It's not necessarily so all times
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 10:23am On Nov 16, 2013
De Beauvoir:

'This one' means what exactly? Why refer to me as 'this one'?

a tigress too! You can retract your claws back sister.the brother is armless.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by ejanla12: 1:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
just beat the hell out of that bitch
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
troy20:
a tigress too! You can retract your claws back sister.the brother is armless.

*harmless
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 12:32am On Nov 18, 2013
For ur wife to slap is a very big offence&a bad behaviour but as a man,,just take your shirt&go out....there are so many ways to deal with a woman without touching a strand of her hair..She would calm down to realize what she did,by then U can now be in charge
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by eggheaders(m): 4:13am On Nov 28, 2013
bukatyne:

Why did you ask?

Just curious.....
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by itzme2020: 3:02pm On Jul 24, 2020
Don't answer her just dish the food and go and eat, you can even watch a movie �

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

View Point: Feminism Threatens Marriage And Family Values. / After 46 Years Of Marriage, 84-year-old Man Pays His Wife Dowry (Photos) / Baby Falls Off Mum’s Back On Okada, Crushed By Truck

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.