Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,177 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:52 AM

How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? (34654 Views)

What Will You Do If Your Spouse Slaps You In Public? / How Would You React If Your Newly Married Wife Told You This / Hilarious Nigeria: What If Your Wife SLAPS Your Mum? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by troy20(m): 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
DECOtech: Hey!!! ...he has not asked him to hit his wife back. Or are u saying he shld brood in hunger? ...what's ur point exactly?
am not in support of physical retaliation either.just that if my WIFE...the only woman i possibly would've bared all to can find the courage to reach for my chin, then what else would be left of me worth respect.if his story is real, i pity him
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by betterbest: 3:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
kensto: I was having an argument with my wife over an issue which she was at fault. I angryly left the house to cool temper. I later came back and asked for my food ,she ignored me. I went to the kitchen to take my food, opened the pot to take the food. She came from where she was staying walked to the kitchen and closed the pot and then slapped me saying "how dare you touch my pot". I just stood there for some minutes wondering what i would do to her. Please tell me what to do.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
First of all, I'll like to commend you for not hitting her back. That was a very good decision.
You're the head of the home and even if she is the bread winner like some peeps here insinuated.. You're still the head of the home and you have to show her that by handling this issue like matured and reasonable man. Not by beating or silent treatment.
Now, kindly calm down if you're still upset and probably take a drive somewhere to cool off and get your thoughts together.
When you return, if she is still being aggressive or if she ignores you, leave her alone. Just let it be till she cools down. Which she will eventually, when she has..depending on the type of woman you marry, she may come and beg you. Sit her down and talk it out. Mince no words. Tell her no matter how upset she get, she should never ever lay her finger on you again. Do this with calmness and firmness. Don't argue, don't raise your voice at her..but be very firm. Express your disappointment and shock.
On the other hand, if she is still forming badoo for you then it won't be a bad idea to report her to her parents or anyone she respects.
Also if she is truly the bread winner, my brother abeg get somethings doing..no matter how small...you are a man. Look for something to do. Don't leave her to do everything alone else disrespect is inevitable.
My 2cents.
Good luck.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 3:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: . It his wrong for the wife to be d sole provider in a family,very wrong. Its d husbands duty and right to provide and takia of his family. The instance he stops doing that he looses respect both from the wife and people around him. Now I'm not saying he has the right to do so wen he's the one providing buh that respect should be there and the moment the wife disagrees to respect him even wen he's d sole provider then the wife should get ready for watever consequences she mite get from the husband

This is the problem.

If a wife can't assist her hubby on his perceived 'duties', what is her usefulness? undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Jiteshell(f): 3:38pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ngokafor:

...what to do??...simply start crying,go down on your knees and beg for mercy while promising to be a good boy next time.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Iceman296: 3:41pm On Nov 13, 2013
alex1612: Cool urself down, if possible laugh over it. Whenever she stop her aggression let her know that you refused to reply her slap because of the love and respect you have for her. Ask her, Where is your own respect and love from her? Let her realize you are to protect her not endanger her life by fighting. Tell her sweet words and bring her back to that lovely woman you married. Latter if not immediately, she will apologize to you. You will get things resolve easily if you are the responsible type.
Best Advice So Far, Violence would Never Solve the Problem!
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

I wanted to say next time, he returns fire for fire but I don't want to encourage violence!

Lol at Ogun cheesy

I have realised something. Some Nigerian women like to know their limits. So a wife starts insulting her husband, and if he does nothing, she starts threathening him, and if he does nothing, he begins to push him; and if he still does nothing, she slaps him and if he does nothing, she will beat him with belt.

That is why I said the man should quickly set the boundary for her. He should make her realise that the slap will never be tolerated and he will just allow it this time because he believes it is a mistake. So the boundary has been clearly defined and she will never try it again, the consequences may be severe.

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by squaddy(m): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
shocked...C'mon people, no woman on planet earth would go that far over a minor issue as her hubby going to her "most holy pot"...she may claim onwership of the pot and rain abuses or even go as far as making sure he does not eat but to slap him? Nah I don't think so...tell us another lie OP

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by paschalndidi(m): 3:46pm On Nov 13, 2013
If she slaps me once, i will slap her twice. If she slaps me twice, i will give it to her four times. If she happens to do it three times, i will return six to her
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 3:47pm On Nov 13, 2013
Nashville:

I have realised something. Some Nigerian women like to know their limits. So a wife starts insulting her husband, and if he does nothing, she starts threathening him, and if he does nothing, he begins to push him; and if he still does nothing, she slaps him and if he does nothing, she will beat him with belt.

That is why I said the man should quickly set the boundary for her. He should make her realise that the slap will never be tolerated and he will just allow it this time because he believes it is a mistake. So the boundary has been clearly defined and she will never try it again, the consequences may be severe.

Hate to admit, but you are right angry embarassed

Some of them are as sick as the men and deserve them.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Lamasta(m): 3:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
I comment my RESERVE on this
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by okebaba: 3:55pm On Nov 13, 2013
people before your wife slap you ...hummmm... she must have been doing it in her mind (TEST ENVIRONMENT) D grin grin grin grin cheesy...... and when she eventually slap you, it is called (GO-LIVE) shocked cheesy grin cool. For me......... na avenue to know the kind woman marry grin

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by IAMBREEZY: 3:59pm On Nov 13, 2013
LoL U go wicked sha
everyday: I will beat the shit out of her
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Freiburger(m): 4:04pm On Nov 13, 2013
I have never been slapped by any woman, So i cant really tell how my adrenaline will react to that.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Ngokafor(f): 4:09pm On Nov 13, 2013
squaddy: shocked...C'mon people, no woman on planet earth would go that far over a minor issue as her hubby going to her "most holy pot"...she may claim onwership of the pot and rain abuses or even go as far as making sure he does not eat but to slap him? Nah I don't think so...tell us another lie OP

..am actually surprised people are taking the op serious...imagine the plethora of advice and suggestions over an obvious clown...really funny.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by kolidave: 4:14pm On Nov 13, 2013
bukatyne:

This is the problem.

If a wife can't assist her hubby on his perceived 'duties', what is her usefulness? undecided
thank God u said ASSIST. Assist is different from being in charge.
Assist can be wife will clothe d children and husband will pay fees bills and food. Buh wen the wife does everything is utterly wrong.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by EdDave(m): 4:15pm On Nov 13, 2013
The day she slaps me, she ll leave my house.
No violence o, jst leave cos its obvious that her actions are premeditated.
There s nothing that shouldnt be solved amicably.
These are grounds rules before we even tie the knot.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by kolidave: 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2013
Freiburger: I have never been slapped by any woman, So i cant really tell how my adrenaline will react to that.
common shush. Ur mama never slap u be4?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Kween1: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Pls don't touch her rather just ignore her, she come begging on her knees.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Amaaskia:

Hitting her back isn't gonna settle the issue but worsen it.
You're a man, you don't hit a woman- no matter what. What if you hit her and she collapses?
You can't compare the strength of a man to that of a woman!

Instead of slapping her back, ignore her and walk away. That makes you a real man.

Do you know ignoring me is worse than beating me?

Seriously, NL has too many cavemen!
You had better shut the f**k up...its women like you that make it hard for justice and equality to prevail...if as a woman you don't want to get hit by a man,then never hit anyman especially if he's your husband...jeez are you for real??

2 Likes

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Sexxymom(f): 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
Ngokafor:

...what to do??...simply start crying,go down on your knees and beg for mercy while promising to be a good boy next time.
what are u saying U derive joy joking with someone's pain.. Hmmm God help u.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by inosend: 4:17pm On Nov 13, 2013
First thing to do is report her to Human Rights Commission, and if they did not give her ,at least, five months jail term, you go to the nearest gym to prepare yourself for the fight to the death.Chikena.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 13, 2013
Wait a minute, so for real all these things do happen? A woman slaps a man? I've only been hearing abt it. I never even dated a lady that ever tried it and pray i shld never but if peradventure, be it a wife or gf, i swear i wont wait a second from tearing her like a lion. Who even gave her such guts in d 1st place? Not to a man like me cos b4 u even decide to date me, u shld know who i am.

@op, send her back to her papa house immediately even if u are a jobless man. Dont let a woman put her filthy hand ur head. Biblically and societal wise, you're d man/head of d house. Take ur position no matter what she thinks she's or next time, hot water is what u shall receive on ur body.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Duchaello(f): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: yeah it matters. Cos if he's the one that drops d money for soup and food in the house she won't have the nerve and courage to slap him and call it her pot cos she obviously knows where the money is coming from. And if he's the bread winner like I said she'll give him that respect and wouldn't lay a finger on the sole provider of the house.....
I always wonder what happen to the first love gawd cry its so saddening.Ok ,even if he doesn't drop a penny she is not....i repeat she is not....... embarassed she 's a disgrace to woman race

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Sammysammy1(m): 4:22pm On Nov 13, 2013
All of una de speak grammer me ! Wen i don beat u wel wel , u de go ur papa huz . Shikena

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Duchaello(f): 4:25pm On Nov 13, 2013
SORRY O
packman: [size=20pt]HA........ shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

HMMM....... I DON'T KNOW WHAT I WOULD DO SHA.......... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

BECAUSE AM NOT YET MARRIED NI..... embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

BUT LETS WAITS AND SEE WHEN I AM MARRIED........ cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool

I WOULD POST TO YOU THEN WHAT I WOULD DO..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/size]
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Dantedasz(m): 4:26pm On Nov 13, 2013
OP,
Stop being economical with the truth,NO Nigerian woman can be this violent without provocation.
In fact NO Nigerian woman knows how to be violent. Violence in marriage is the sole prerogative of men.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
skipo smith007: na swear I for swear for u bros, but anyway, I go live u for once,,,na fucking rubbish..nd am nt gonna retaliate, which av programmed myself not too, like u said...but I swear it am gonna deny her of MILLION TIN, to make ny revenge, if she like, she should go after anoda man, neva my business, but u know now, ladies hate been treated this way at home.....that's my view though....

That is against my biblical principles man.
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Nov 13, 2013
[quote
author=nna_bu_ike]Women are like dogs. They need to be taught manners
and that is precisely how I would have approached the situation. Tie
her to the bed and deliver 24 lashes using the buckle of the
belt!![/quote]

grin grin grin For real?
Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: Lmaoooo. Ur wife na d breadwinner be dat. U can ave ur say and retaliate wen u become d breadwinner once again
Eh yaah....you have some valid points...the life of a man without money cry cry

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by bukatyne(f): 4:32pm On Nov 13, 2013
kolidave: thank God u said ASSIST. Assist is different from being in charge.
Assist can be wife will clothe d children and husband will pay fees bills and food. Buh wen the wife does everything is utterly wrong.

What if the man losses his job? Has an accident? Earns less than the wife?

The worth or headship of a man is not tied to his paycheck or providing power

A man and woman is to provide for their home. The concept that a man is the 'sole breadwinner' is old school.

Now, women get the same/better jobs than their hubbies. If they now decide to ruin their homes because of that, goodluck to them.

1 Like

Re: How Will You React If Your Wife Slaps You? by dammytosh: 4:34pm On Nov 13, 2013
kensto: I was having an argument with my wife over an issue which she was at fault. I angryly left the house to cool temper. I later came back and asked for my food ,she ignored me. I went to the kitchen to take my food, opened the pot to take the food. She came from where she was staying walked to the kitchen and closed the pot and then slapped me saying "how dare you touch my pot". I just stood there for some minutes wondering what i would do to her. Please tell me what to do.

Her Pot ?

Is she the Bread Winner ?

Wether She is Or Not,

Warn her sternly and if she repeats it either intentionally or mistakenly reply her with a Dirty Slap. Pick your stuffs for a week and go out of the house.

She need to be aware that You are not an angel and let it be clear to her that she is not unbeateable. Let her know situations that will bring about mad beating like :

"You SLAP me I will Slap or beat you silly."
"You Lock my clothes, I will Beat you."
"You Beat my Parents or your parents, I will dismantle you."

I am a sweet Husband but don't tempt the Devil in Me. Cos inside every man there is a beast and devil only the wise woman can tame it.

-- My Opinion.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Father Gives His Daughter Valentine's Day Advice About Not Losing Her Virginity / My Wife Constantly Denies Me Sex / Men Are Afraid Of Successful Women.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.