Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,093 members, 7,821,784 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? - Family (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? (12042 Views)

Ese Oruru's Parents House In Yenagoa, Bayelsa (photos) / Abducted Bayelsa Ese: I'm 17 Yrs, I'm Here To Be A Muslim, Don't Want To Go Back / Married Men And Women: Is It A Must You Take Dinner With Your Spouses? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by tpia5: 3:40pm On Nov 21, 2013
The full meaning is ifatoyinbo.
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by ckkris: 3:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by soulglo: 4:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
tpia@:
The full meaning is ifatoyinbo.

Thanks. Can you translate it to English. Oyibo means a white person or is there another meaning to it besides that.
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by tpia5: 4:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
what's your own understanding of the name?

one has to know that first before proceeding.
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by dayokanu(m): 4:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Meaning Ifa - to - Oyinbo

When white people(Oyinbos) first came with their gadget people thought they were special gods

The Fatoyinbo name means Ifa is equal to Oyinbo, Or Ifa can equally perform the magic/miracle that Oyinbo does

Or Oyinbo is not superior to Ifa
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by coogar: 4:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
dayokanu: Meaning Ifa - to - Oyinbo

When white people(Oyinbos) first came with their gadget people thought they were special gods

The Fatoyinbo name means Ifa is equal to Oyinbo, Or Ifa can equally perform the magic/miracle that Oyinbo does

i thought it was "fat oyinbo" - a morbidly obese caucasian. grin
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by tpia5: 5:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
perhaps ese is offended by the name?

she thought the pastor is abusing white people?

as per the name (separate from this ese walters blah), the pastor might not realize the oyinbo there could also be referring to christianity, not just foreign gadgets.
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by soulglo: 8:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
coogar:

i thought it was "fat oyinbo" - a morbidly obese caucasian. grin

rotflmao. I was thinking that but I thought that would just be insane

tpia@:
what's your own understanding of the name?

one has to know that first before proceeding.

I thought what Coogar thought. I just assumed his father might have been fat and albino so they nicknamed him Fat Oyibo so it became a family name

dayokanu: Meaning Ifa - to - Oyinbo

Interesting. Makes sense. Not sure why they took out the "I" then
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by tpia5: 8:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
^ you're not yoruba?
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by soulglo: 8:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
tpia@:
^ you're not yoruba?

No I am not
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by tpia5: 9:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
Well, some things get lost in translation, thats why you ascribed that kind of meaning to the name. If you said something like that to an average yoruba person, they might think you've lost it and are just rambling.

The name isnt that unusual, ifa and fa mean the same thing.

Most likely the original ancestor/s bearing the name, may have been native priests or powerful spiritual leaders.

However, after the abolition of the slave trade, the meaning wouldnt be given much thought per se.
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by dayokanu(m): 10:32pm On Nov 21, 2013
Fashola was originally Ifashola

Ifa created wealth
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by soulglo: 11:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
I did not even know that oyinbo was a Yoruba word. I thought it was pidgin english. I love how Nigerian names always have meanings and most times even a story to go with the name.

tpia@:
Well, some things get lost in translation, thats why you ascribed that kind of meaning to the name. If you said something like that to an average yoruba person, they might think you've lost it and are just rambling.

The name isnt that unusual, ifa and fa mean the same thing.

Most likely the original ancestor/s bearing the name, may have been native priests or powerful spiritual leaders.

However, after the abolition of the slave trade, the meaning wouldnt be given much thought per se.

dayokanu: Fashola was originally Ifashola

Ifa created wealth

Do you think Christianity had something to do with dropping the Ifa and going with Fa?
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by dayokanu(m): 12:24am On Nov 22, 2013
soul_glo: Do you think Christianity had something to do with dropping the Ifa and going with Fa?

Nope. Fashola is a Moslem,

Also some cases names with prefix of Ola is shortened to just La

E.g Olanipekun or Oladipupo shortened to Lanipekun or Ladipo

Or Yeyewande Yeyetunde shortened to Yewande and Yetunde

1 Like

Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by tpia5: 2:42am On Nov 22, 2013
soul_glo: I did not even know that oyinbo was a Yoruba word. I thought it was pidgin english. I love how Nigerian names always have meanings and most times even a story to go with the name.

Do you think Christianity had something to do with dropping the Ifa and going with Fa?

are you a trouble maker?

and, why is your profile hidden from the public?
Re: What Is Is With Ese Walters And Married Men? by soulglo: 3:35am On Nov 22, 2013
tpia@:

are you a trouble maker?

and, why is your profile hidden from the public?

tpia Go and sleep

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Why Do Some Women Hate And Maltreat Their Househelps? / Describe Your Mom In One Word / Ideal Age Difference Between A Couple

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.