Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,316 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). (43050 Views)

My Experience With A Chinese Man Today In My Workplace / 8 Reasons You Should Never Take A Private School Teaching Job / "JUJU" Assistance To Get a Job (is It Possible?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Ofemini(m): 11:30pm On Jan 07, 2020
Kudos, this post is inspiring.
I sent you a message sir

akubudejud:

HMMMM! What a life,I wrote this article when I was just a classroom teacher some years ago.Today, I am heading an International school in Abuja. To God be the Glory.
akubudejud:

HMMMM! What a life,I wrote this article when I was just a classroom teacher some years ago.Today, I am heading an International school in Abuja. To God be the Glory.
akubudejud:

akubudejud:

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by gargoyle: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
akubudejud:
In 2013 I wrote an article on this platform (Nairaland) about 'Teaching Jobs Now Hot Cake and immediately after that I wrote about how you can earn salaries between N100,000-N350,000 even more working in some International schools in Nigeria.

However, some Nigerians do not believe what I tagged my VIEW AND EXPERIENCES, I really do not blame them base on what I called Individual Perspective of the matter, meanwhile those that believed in what I shared either wrote to me through their comments or mailed me for counseling and guidance on how that can be possible, some actually left with a changed mind-set, some could not cope with the truth, while many were employed based on the simple recommendations, advice and training---Please, check these linkes and read about the previous write- ups.

https://www.nairaland.com/1517304/teaching-job-now-hot-cake
https://www.nairaland.com/2176652/earn-salary-between-n100000-n350000-teacher#31259920

Basic facts about today’s Unemployment realities:
• Things are changing fast worldwide and we must change.
• Graduates from various institutions are increasing by day.
• Youth unemployment will continue in the increase.
• Companies are downsizing daily.
• Research has shown that unemployment will increase because we are in the (Robotic World Or smart Century)
• Many companies will continue to cut down staff except for very important or specialized positions.etc

Basic facts about Teaching Jobs realities in today’s world:

• The fact remains that technology cannot replace teachers.
• But teachers can be replaced if not technologically inclined or trained for the 21st century education.
• As a matter of fact education or the need for a teacher will be in the increase.
• Man cannot survive today's Robotic world without been taught.
• People will continue to seek for knowledge.
• Researchers have it that the three key JOBS that MIGHT not experience serious manpower shutdown are the educational sector, agricultural sector and ICT do your findings to also ascertain these facts.
• Why students, pupils and of cause your children and grandchildren will continue to seek for education.
• To catch up with today’s world and to teach them you will need the teachers.
• I mean the real 21st century teacher/educator.
• No matter how the unemployment bites hard in the country the teachers will be needed at all-time even if the salary is small.
• Or even start your own school business.

If I have been able to spur you a little about the teaching profession, I must quick to admit that not everyone can or will be a teacher or an educator, But the truth of the matter is that The Nigerian economy has been quite unstable for some time now. From falling oil prices to increasing naira to dollar exchange rate that have multiplier effects on the economy. Nigeria has been plagued by unemployment for a long time, the rate of unemployment has been at 23.9% since 2013 and from the way things are going, it doesn’t look like it going to be reducing anytime soon. The multiplier effects of the fall in Nigeria’s oil prices are evident in the financial report of oil and gas companies in the country.

Because of the fall in oil price from $110 to $55 in June 2014 oil & gas firms have been experiencing losses since middle of last year. Every company depends on it revenue and profit for continuous running; these companies however can no longer maximize their profits because their total cost (expenditure) no longer matches their total revenue which leads to a deficit (loss). The fact that these companies are making losses make them want to stay afloat hence the downsizing of employees.

The increase in the naira to dollar exchange rate also has the multiplier effect on unemployment. The unstable nature of the naira in comparison to the dollar has led to a rise in the price of wheat and other imported raw materials used in the production of consumer goods in Nigeria, also there has been an increase in the Value Added Tax (VAT) of these commodities.

READ THESE: COMPANIES ARE PRESENTLY EXPERIENCING LOSSES AND CUTBACKS HENCE THEIR DECISION TO LAY OFF THEIR WORKERS SO THEY CAN STAY AFLOAT.

LIST OF COMPANIES:

• Schlumberger Limited has laid off 20,000 of its employees between 2014 and 2015. This was because the lower oil prices and cutbacks in their exploration and production forced their decision.

• Shell laid off 7,000 of its employees,

• Baker Hughes – 13,000,

• Weatherford International – 14,000,

• Halliburton – 18,000.

• The Nigerian Bottling Company which is part of the Coca-Cola Hellenic group has laid off 1,800 workers because of the increasing exchange rate. The company has experienced a 14% decrease in its earnings last year and also a declining revenue growth.

• The Flour Mills of Nigeria is not left out of this trend, the unstable exchange rate led to an increase in the price of wheat and VAT which affects their production processes.

• Diamond Bank also laid of about 1000 workers this year because of restructuring of the banks operations.

• Lacasera laid off over 700 workers this year because they decided that they wanted to be part of unions that have their benefits at heart.

• Iroko TV also laid off hundreds of workers this year mostly from their marketing department of its Lagos office because they were not able to meet up with set targets.

The list can go on and on really, as we still have many businesses like Deal Dey & Jumia who also laid off hundreds if not thousands of employees.

Will the trend be ending anytime soon? Only God can tell!

While some companies have seemingly genuine reasons for laying off workers, some others may not…...
An economist says” Teaching Jobs seems to be more secure based on some facts on ground” what that simply means is that more people will go for Teaching now, and if you want to be ready for the anticipated competition ahead, you must be ready and be relevant as a 21st century educator/teacher to remain employable for Good schools.

Remember this,graduate might be looking for teaching Jobs but those already in the teaching field are changing jobs even at this time of downsizing, the difference is professionalism.There are good schools (particularly international schools)that can pay well but you must start somewhere first!!

How do I get one?

• Get Professional Advice.
• Get trained/attend Seminars.
• Be certified.
• Seek counseling
• Get the 21st Century CV
• Be updated on educational Technology.
• Learn when schools are recruiting
• Learn how to attend teaching and educational interviews etc.
• Learn about many other Jobs that are associated with Education(If you are not a Teacher) etc.
For more Information visit: peceducation@yahoo.com, Facebook page: peceducational

Am not writing to scare you, but the truth is that TEACHERS are far more becoming very relevant in today's world. THINK ABOUT IT TODAY!!

Bro, please I just sent you a PM. Looking forward to hearing from you soonest . Thanks
Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by Tochitee(m): 11:36am On Sep 05, 2021
An international school at gbaga,itamaga,Ikorodu need a maths and further maths teacher.call or chat 08074491990/08067429461

1 Like

Re: Teaching Job Is Now Hot Cake In Nigeria(My Experience). by sekzy99(m): 9:19pm On Jun 04, 2022
Hello there,

Have you always wanted to learn some coding skills, but can’t seem to find the right program and motivation. Not to worry.
You can now join our Coding Training Program, and get trained for FREE and you can earn extra income as a coding instructor.

Start Date: June 20th, 2022
Register Here: https:///macrotutor_trainthetrainer

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

In-sourcing, New Way Of Hiring Desperate Job Seekers / Welder Omoniye Lesley Faith Celebrates Her Birthday With Cute Photos / Female Soldier Shares Photos Of Her Experience At The Nigerian Army Depot.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.