Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,071 members, 7,818,201 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. (5149 Views)

Many Relationships Will End Tonight In Nigeria If U Take Away This PHRASE (pics) / So Many Ladies Over The Age Of 30, Please What Is The Problem!!!? / Women Are Not Always The Problem In Relationships (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by mykejones(m): 9:19am On Nov 15, 2013
I'l be going on a date later this evening with a girl I very, very much fancy. And going to the cinema to see a movie is supposed to be the pinacle of our outing.
The problem is, I have big issues with going to one. I've only ever been to the cinema on 3 occasions. And on the three occassions, I dozed off in less than 15 minutes only to wake up after the movie had ended. On those three occassions, I went with a close friend, so the fact that I slept off on her wasn't much of a big deal to her. The scenario is different this time around as this is a girl I'm so so interested in and dozing off on her (which I'm almost certain I'l do) is not a great way to kick off.

How do I go about this please? How do I stay awake the whole freaking two hours or more? Exactly what do I do?
Do I just cancel it on the pretence that I was too tired from today's work?
Biko, how do I not mess up myself with this girl I'm trying so hard to impress?

If I could comfortably doze off watching the Die Hard triology by Bruce Willis with all the actions, guns and explosions failing to keep me awake, what other movie would keep me wide eyed the whole hours??

I need honest and sincere tips please. Help a brother here!
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 15, 2013
Well, sleeping while on a date is a serious crime angry

If you know you can't comfortably go to the movies without sleeping off, then try something else for the date.

I don't know your kind of person, neither do i know the girl, or how far you have gone : if not i would have suggested buying all you are gonna eat, drink and getting some real nice, clean movies and both of you sit in and watch. If you watch movies this way, i bet you are not gonna sleep. And i think its much fun watching movies this way, IMO though, i hate going to the cinema.

Find out what she likes and find another location for the date. tongue
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Wizdray: 9:31am On Nov 15, 2013
Take along Aboniki, whenever you want to sleep like this just take part of it and rub it 0n your face especialy 0n your eyes side. Quickly your eyes g0nna be widely open. Hope this help?
Or you should take along water and rinsing your face every 2 minutes.
Goodluck

6 Likes

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by demelza: 9:40am On Nov 15, 2013
Wizdray: Take along Aboniki, whenever you want to sleep like this just take part of it and rub it 0n your face especialy 0n your eyes side. Quickly your eyes g0nna be widely open. Hope this help?
Goodluck
grin Washing face inside cinema? Wetin I no go see for Naija!
@Op, you could get busy with your phone, just browsing or playing games.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Wizdray: 9:48am On Nov 15, 2013
demelza: grin Washing face inside cinema?.
Actualy, it may n0t be inside the cinema. He may just excuse himself and go outside. Dont take it pers0nal bro
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by cycline404(m): 9:53am On Nov 15, 2013
At the end of this one, you will be like this....
Cos the babe no go wake u up!

10 Likes

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by demelza: 9:54am On Nov 15, 2013
Wizdray:
Actualy, it may n0t be inside the cinema. He may just excuse himself and go outside. Dont take it pers0nal bro
Its not personal, I find it very funny.
You said he should rinse his face every 2mins. If he takes that advice, he would just be a nuisance and distraction to other viewers.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by homesteady(m): 9:58am On Nov 15, 2013
This your problem is serious oh! grin
I think chewing gum will help!
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by freecocoa(f): 10:01am On Nov 15, 2013
OP drink lots of coffee(not decaf) and take plenty gworo(kolanut) to go with.

Make sure you keep chewing till the movie's over.

Or you could just ditch work and go take a long nap till its time for your date.

3 Likes

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nobody: 10:05am On Nov 15, 2013
where the cinema dey? and which side the babe go sidon angry angry

1 Like

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by freecocoa(f): 10:05am On Nov 15, 2013
Wizdray: Take along Aboniki, whenever you want to sleep like this just take part of it and rub it 0n your face especialy 0n your eyes side. Quickly your eyes g0nna be widely open. Hope this help?
Goodluck
You are a genius cos this is really great advice, he can take the water along in a water bottle and a handky, use the handkerchief to get water from the bottle and dab his face every two minutes, that way he won't even have to excuse himself to go do that in the bathroom.grin

1 Like

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by ikeno(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2013
When you know that you always doze off,why did u decide 2 take her there? As for me I wld suggest u tak her somewhere else so as nt to embarrass yourself.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Vivly(f): 10:22am On Nov 15, 2013
Lmao @ comments.
You could glue your eyelids to your eyebrows with cellotape. That way, even while you are asleep, your eyes would be wide open

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by demelza: 10:23am On Nov 15, 2013
illitrate: where the cinema dey? and which side the babe go sidon angry angry
grin Sharp guy! We know una way.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Vivly(f): 10:32am On Nov 15, 2013
illitrate: where the cinema dey? and which side the babe go sidon angry angry
Right hand side na. Don't ask me why
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Wizdray: 10:46am On Nov 15, 2013
freecocoa:
Chewing doesnt stop some0ne from sleeping. It may worst to the extent that the gum can fall from Op m0uth.
That's the end of the date cos i trust Naija girls. She ll luk hm wit dz kinda eyes
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Babamide(m): 10:50am On Nov 15, 2013
freecocoa: OP drink lots of coffee(not decaf) and take plenty gworo(kolanut) to go with.

Or you could just ditch work and go take a long nap till its time for your date.
Would u kiss ur date if u know he has been eating kolanut??
At op, pick a movie u'll enjoy now shikena.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Dannylux: 11:35am On Nov 15, 2013
just two hours? angry
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Coldfaya(m): 12:07pm On Nov 15, 2013
freecocoa: OP drink lots of coffee(not decaf) and take plenty gworo(kolanut) to go with.

I'm just imagining d guy inside silverbird chewing gworo while chatting with his date. Or d gworo eventually falling from his mouth. Lol #classic.

OP just bone d movie thing, look for alternatives until wen u v finally gotten her, den u can take her to d cinema n sleep on her shoulders.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by mykejones(m): 12:15pm On Nov 15, 2013
And I can't just call off the date cry. I may not get another chance if I dare miss this oppurtunitycheesy.

Chewing gums doesn't help either. I've once tried it, it didn't work. I have also tried the "minding my phone syndrom", that's another easy way for me to reach wonderland in record speed. Facing a big screen generally does that to me cry.

But today o, this date o, I must go ni
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Idowuogbo(f): 12:20pm On Nov 15, 2013
Lmao! Awww... Jones, pele o!

If na me o, I'll b honest with my date . I'll let him in on my mini-syndrome. He can laugh it off and help me stay up all through, or leave me dere hanging. Either way, I don tell am! So it's up to him to show me how interested he is in making our lil thingy work. Never say never cus even with d remedy and action plan wey u dey rehearse, better sleep fit catch u if d movie no make sense. So u better off letting her know d Koko. Wish u well... Btwn, come dat side come give me d full download. wink

2 Likes

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by baralatie(m): 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
@op!tel ur date to pinch u if u go to sleep!or u can tel her to giv a slap or she can giv a shock terapi.
She wil enjoy doin this than watching movie.u wil be no1 on her mind.

1 Like

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 15, 2013
Na wah o,na by force make you go cinema,go to a nice eatery,i don't even fancy a date you won't be able to chat with your babe,aniwaiz,i can offer to go along with you if you are still bent on taking her to the cinema,in that way,she won't be lonely if you doze off.........
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by freecocoa(f): 12:36pm On Nov 15, 2013
Wizdray: Chewing doesnt stop some0ne from sleeping. It may worst to the extent that the gum can fall from Op m0uth.
That's the end of the date cos i trust Naija girls. She ll luk hm wit dz kinda eyes
Where did I say he should chew gum?
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by ivyy(f): 12:37pm On Nov 15, 2013
demelza: grin Washing face inside cinema? Wetin I no go see for Naija!
@Op, you could get busy with your phone, just browsing or playing games.

Am not sure I'd like it either. Won't like it if my date is busy with his fone. I think the best way out is to engage in small talks with her. Or just tell her upfront your weaknes. I bet shed just find itt funy.
Coz I will. Wld love see how he looks while sleeping sef cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by freecocoa(f): 12:39pm On Nov 15, 2013
Babamide:
Would u kiss ur date if u know he has been eating kolanut??
At op, pick a movie u'll enjoy now shikena.
The topic says how to stay awake not how to get a kiss.

No be must say them go kiss.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Ymodulus: 12:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by crackhaus: 12:53pm On Nov 15, 2013
-----
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Danhumprey: 1:18pm On Nov 15, 2013
Wizdray:
And while excusing himself to go outside,he would be engaged in exercise(walking) and that can help kill the sleep. But mind you,if they are sitting in front or at the middle instead of at the back,his frequent excuse to go out could be annoying and distracting. grin
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Danhumprey: 1:19pm On Nov 15, 2013
homesteady: This your problem is serious oh! grin
I think chewing gum will help!
grin
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by Danhumprey: 1:22pm On Nov 15, 2013

Exactly what I wanted to say. If not that you are engaged with work,I would have suggested you get some sleep before the date. It help.
Re: I Have A Date Tonight. But Here's The Problem. by jaybee3(m): 1:23pm On Nov 15, 2013
Sleep during the day

Stay away from films > 90 minutes

Stay away from certain genres

Get involved with the touchy touchy business with your date (This should get your body and soul engaged)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How I Mistaken Slept With My Friend / This 2 Girls Are So Silly!! See What They Are Doing (viewer Discretion Pictures) / Scared Of Making Love With Her, Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.