Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! (24121 Views)

Nigerian Among The Top 10 People With The Highest IQ In The World / Nigeria Drops To 103rd Happiest People In The World - Study / The Average IQ Of Nigeria Is 69 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by redsun(m): 11:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
daz_york:
...And here is another member of the African self immolation brigade.

It takes high IQ to build a nuclear weapon? Really? Please indulge me - how so?

How much IQ do you need to steal existing knowledge - some of it thousands of years old - from around the world and join it together?

How much IQ do you need to want to develop a weapon whose entire value lies in it never being used?

How much IQ do you need to illegally occupy Southern Africa and steal Uranium from there to use as nuclear fuel?

How much IQ do you need to start and engage in a "World War" which can end all human life as we know it for the sake of empire building? Does that sound rational or intelligent?

The thing is you have swallowed European propaganda and now believe that the smartest person is the one who can create the loudest boom, cause the most destruction, exterminate the most people, take the most slaves, rape the most women, steal the most resources, create the most unsustainable exonomy - that is the European standard of what constitutes "intelligence".
And like a true kaffir bootlicker, you have accepted this warped, insane definition of what constitutes "intelligence". Even the very concept of "IQ", where does it originate from? What does an IQ test measure? What is it based on? What assumptions does it make? Does an IQ test in reality actually measure "intelligence"? Or does it in actual fact measure the ability to score on an IQ test? Is it in actual fact a meaningless, sounding loop created by a dominant culture as a way of attempting to codify its fleeting dominance in hard science?

Always try to think deeply and analyse critically before jumping to conclusions which have been prepared for you.

I don't gisoro oyinbo at all,but i appreciate their efforts to forge ahead and maintain some human dignity in their own rights.Their ability to inquire,explore,find,persevere and innovate is something we need at the barest minimum to solve our basic problems that keeps making us the sore of the world,even though we have it all naturally.

We need to start thinking.The brain is like muscles,the more you push it,the more it expands.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by mykhaels: 12:09am On Nov 17, 2013
poor reasoning
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by ZinoFego: 12:25am On Nov 17, 2013
@Mod: Please this should hit the front page....there is a whole lot to learn!
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Tochi3(m): 1:54am On Nov 17, 2013
I am humbled by the comments here. It gives me some hope that one day we will appreciate the need to take time to learn and understand our history .
The so called IQ test is the biggest fraud perpetrated by insecure racists ever to walk the face of the planet. The human race have always been intelligent for the fact that we have been able to adapt to our natural environment for thousands of years. Adaptation is the oldest form of intelligence known to mankind and every race possess it.
My point is that such test should be totally ignored.
It's of no use.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:00am On Nov 17, 2013
People can post all they want about ancient Egyptian civilization thousands of years ago. The fact remains since the turn of the post-AD era, Africa and the black race are several generations behind the rest of the world. We're a conquered, colonized people who were feeble in the face of European and Arab conquest. They arrived here with barely a few footsoldiers with blazing guns and we capitulated to their might and even sold our people to slavery. Western culture is a dynamic one that always looks to evolve and improve itself. Always looking to explore. Always looking to innovate. African culture is a stagnant, naive, insular culture. It's why the colonial powers caught us napping in our mud huts, oblivious to the rest of the world - unable to even explore the world with our dug canoes. All we can do is cry about how the evil Europeans subdued and subjugated us. Even though we're just as evil. We just lacked their firepower, ingenuity, resourcefullness and boundless ambition.

I don't have all the facts as to who is smarter. It also isn't that important to me cos ultimately, every human being is an individual unto himself. There are smart and dumb people in every race. But you do have to ask yourself why every single white nation on earth all across the globe is more advanced in every measurable indices of development and living than the black nations all around the world from Africa to Haiti. And why the few decent black nations have a white economic and industrial ruling class.

And as a matter of fact, all around Europe and America, standardized IQ tests ALWAYS show the same trends. Asians (especially Japanese, Koreans and Chinese) tend to narrowly edge the Whites with Blacks always being at the bottom (below Latinos, South East Asians, Native Americans etc). I don't believe it's some kind of conspiracy. Afterall, Asians rather than Caucasians usually top the list when the Caucasians could have put themselves top.

Many would call my ramblings "inferiority complex" but I choose not to be in denial. Their being smarter or not smarter ultimately affects little whether you agree or not cos individually, it makes no difference to how smart you are.

3 Likes

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 3:00am On Nov 17, 2013
No iq test is reliable..the fact that most are conducted in English..why won't people that have English as first language sound smarter... there is no standard criteria to measure the whole world iq.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:01am On Nov 17, 2013
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by edoyad(m): 3:09am On Nov 17, 2013
daz_york:
Your sort of intellectual laziness is a bigger issue. So the attitudes and habits of African leaders define "Africans" - all 1 billion+ of us?

Is Africa already over a billion in population ? Then we really need to be more worried than we are. Earlier on , someone posited that the ability to indulge in an argument without resorting to insults is indeed a measure of intelligence. I don't know how accurate this is but I do find it a valuable point.
How can you separate the actions of African leaders from the societies they spring out from ? If you say it's intellectual laziness to see a bit of sense in the claims that Africa lags behind in intelligence(at this point in history), then what do you call resistance to these claims without a willingness to even consider them? This type of religious like dogma is even a bigger issue

I hate this sort of reductive, lazy reasoning so much. The plural of "anecdote" is not "evidence".
If you put forward an opinion or position, put forward facts, statistics, figures, credible surveys, research, peer-reviewed academic papers to support this position. Don't tell me "Look at this politician who stole xyz Naira...therefore Africans are unintelligent."
What sort of foo.lishness is this?
I could equally tell you to put up evidence as to why a people, thousands of years after "building pyramids" , cannot perform a very basic function like , provide food for themselves ?

You also need to learn about your own history, economics and politics before concluding that the actions of those in power in Africa are somehow representative of "Africans" or even that such actions are of their own volition.

The same white people coming on here to post junk "research" and psedo-science supposedly proving your inferiority (and their imaginary superiority) are the ones who select the leaders on the African continent and ensure that they serve everyone else's interests but their own.
Please go read "Confessions of an Economic Hitman" and understand why certain things around you are as they are. Go read up on what happened to decent nationalist African leaders like Patrice Lumumba and Murtala Mohammed who put their people first instead of western commercial interests.

The CIA staged a coup in Congo and had Lumumba dragged into the jungle, hacked into pieces and dissolved in sulphuric acid so that there would be no remains to be buried and so even in death, he could not serve as a rallying point for patriotic Congolese nationalists who wanted their country to develop. Thus Congo, the world's richest country by resources (est $24 trillion) is one of its poorest by GDP with millions of Congolese running to places like France and Belgium. Someone like you will then say that the reason Congo is in a terrible state and Congolese run to Europe is because "Africans lack common sense" neh?
Here we go again, Africa is backward because the rest of the world la la la. While I won't play down the effects of foreign civilisations on our continent, you can't honestly expect me to take that that story hook, line and sinker.
Are we the first slaves in history ? If indeed we built the pyramids, who did it for us, willing neighbours ? May be you should do some reading yourself and see what your beloved Africa did to others in the past ? There's virtually no people on earth who haven't suffered this fate at one point or the other. This is 2013 for heaven's sake.

The trouble with a lot of Africans is lack of information. You can see only the men who rule you. You cannot see the men who rule those men. Without this knowledge, you are only seeing a small (and insignificant) part of the picture, and a little knowledge is a dangerous thing.

Educate yourself first. Its essential to your survival.
I really don't have time for conspiracy theories at the moment. It takes a wily fellow to conjure another though.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by edoyad(m): 3:20am On Nov 17, 2013
Obi1kenobi: People can post all they want about ancient Egyptian civilization thousands of years ago. The fact remains since the turn of the post-AD era, Africa and the black race are several generations behind the rest of the world. We're a conquered, colonized people who were feeble in the face of European and Arab conquest. They arrived here with barely a few footsoldiers with blazing guns and we capitulated to their might and even sold our people to slavery. Western culture is a dynamic one that always looks to evolve and improve itself. Always looking to explore. Always looking to innovate. African culture is a stagnant, naive, insular culture. It's why the colonial powers caught us napping in our mud huts, oblivious to the rest of the world - unable to even explore the world with our dug canoes. All we can do is cry about how the evil Europeans subdued and subjugated us. Even though we're just as evil. We just lacked their firepower, ingenuity, resourcefullness and boundless ambition.

I don't have all the facts as to who is smarter. It also isn't that important to me cos ultimately, every human being is an individual unto himself. There are smart and dumb people in every race. But you do have to ask yourself why every single white nation on earth all across the globe is more advanced in every measurable indices of development and living than the black nations all around the world from Africa to Haiti. And why the few decent black nations have a white economic and industrial ruling class.

And as a matter of fact, all around Europe and America, standardized IQ tests ALWAYS show the same trends. Asians (especially Japanese, Koreans and Chinese) tend to narrowly edge the Whites with Blacks always being at the bottom (below Latinos, South East Asians, Native Americans etc). I don't believe it's some kind of conspiracy. Afterall, Asians rather than Caucasians usually top the list when the Caucasians could have put themselves top.

Many would call my ramblings "inferiority complex" but I choose not to be in denial. Their being smarter or not smarter ultimately affects little whether you agree or not cos individually, it makes no difference to how smart you are.
What more can I say ? undecided

Toaskarity: No iq test is reliable..the fact that most are conducted in English..why won't people that have English as first language sound smarter... there is no standard criteria to measure the whole world iq.
Okay, China and Japan are Anglophone countries.

An aside grin....

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by kmariko: 3:48am On Nov 17, 2013
We have heard it a million times; Africans ( meaning sub-saharan ) are lazy, unintelligent, stagnant, insular, ugly, no culture, stupid, apes, monkeys and all the names you can imagine.,., But the question I ask everytime is WHY THE HELL CANT YOU LEAVE US ALONE.,.,

You came to us we did not come to you, - yet you can't stand us.,.,
Yes you have told us that you are superior in every way, - we agree with you - yet you have to kill, maim and divide us to force it on us. why do you need to kill, enslave me to prove your superiority - Do you have a complex that we are unaware.
Yes I have a low IQ but please leave me the hell alone to develop at my own pace... If you dont like my presence on earth there are a billion planetary bodies out there you can call home with your superior technology.
Please we are very Happy here on our corner of the planetary body called earth... JUST BACK OFF AND LEAVE US THE HELL ALONE

3 Likes

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by tpia5: 3:54am On Nov 17, 2013
Not sure what we're supposed to do with the information.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 10:44am On Nov 17, 2013
edoyad:
What more can I say ? undecided

Okay, China and Japan are Anglophone countries.

An aside grin....

One otapiapia drinker agreeing with another..qu'elle surprise.

Btw if you think your inferiority complex affects the direction of things, dream on.

Your European massuhs are going down and you are going with them. Talk all the rubbish you want, I've heard it all before. It won't make a damn bit of difference.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by revolt(m): 11:28am On Nov 17, 2013
kmariko: We have heard it a million times; Africans ( meaning sub-saharan ) are lazy, unintelligent, stagnant, insular, ugly, no culture, stupid, apes, monkeys and all the names you can imagine.,., But the question I ask everytime is WHY THE HELL CANT YOU LEAVE US ALONE.,.,

Yes you have told us that you are superior in every way, - we agree with you - yet you have to kill, maim and divide us to force it on us. why do you need to kill, enslave me to prove your superiority - Do you have a complex that we are unaware.
Yes I have a low IQ but please leave me the hell alone to develop at my own pace... If you dont like my presence on earth there are a billion planetary bodies out there you can call home with your superior technology.
Please we are very Happy here on our corner of the planetary body called earth... JUST BACK OFF AND LEAVE US THE HELL ALONE
retrogressive post! Thts xactly y blackmans still cave man bound! Its irks me so bad wen I fink of the fact tht our forefathers couldn't evn documnt our history or nvr developed a form of writing! No single legacy!

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by revolt(m): 11:35am On Nov 17, 2013
kmariko: We have heard it a million times; Africans ( meaning sub-saharan ) are lazy, unintelligent, stagnant, insular, ugly, no culture, stupid, apes, monkeys and all the names you can imagine.,., But the question I ask everytime is WHY THE HELL CANT YOU LEAVE US ALONE.,.,

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Boss13: 11:44am On Nov 17, 2013
ba7man: We're saying the same thing. What's different??

They can adopt and modify your invention till it turns into something else.

We need to start showing signs of this in Africa.

Don't say WE, say YOU need to start showing signs. Because many Africans are developing things now and I don't fall for this IQ bull*shit. All a gimmick to make the European feel superior. That is what they did to their Africa-American society. We all have the same brain.

2 Likes

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Boss13: 11:51am On Nov 17, 2013

Wow I must confess I like your post. Europeans are yet to apologize to Africa for the economic deprivation and human exploitation they caused our beloved continent. If the African continent was allowed to grow without the force political amalgations placed on us by the Europeans. I don't think we would experience the backwardness they themselves can only explain. Asia is a testimony. So they have no reason to judge us or criticize us but to let us grow at our own pace. A 100 years of exploitation is enough to kill off an entire continent. The poverty of Africa is created by the Europeans. Why can't they just leave us alone.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Nov 17, 2013
revolt: retrogressive post! Thts xactly y blackmans still cave man bound! Its irks me so bad wen I fink of the fact tht our forefathers couldn't evn documnt our history or nvr developed a form of writing! No single legacy!
Ignoramus.
Where did the first written languages originate?
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
Obi1kenobi: People can post all they want about ancient Egyptian civilization thousands of years ago. The fact remains since the turn of the post-AD era, Africa and the black race are several generations behind the rest of the world. We're a conquered, colonized people who were feeble in the face of European and Arab conquest. They arrived here with barely a few footsoldiers with blazing guns and we capitulated to their might and even sold our people to slavery. Western culture is a dynamic one that always looks to evolve and improve itself. Always looking to explore. Always looking to innovate. African culture is a stagnant, naive, insular culture. It's why the colonial powers caught us napping in our mud huts, oblivious to the rest of the world - unable to even explore the world with our dug canoes. All we can do is cry about how the evil Europeans subdued and subjugated us. Even though we're just as evil. We just lacked their firepower, ingenuity, resourcefullness and boundless ambition.

Shut up and go and get an education. You're an illiterate to be bandying discredited, pseudo-scientific garbage by racists and passing it off as common sense. Who conducts all the so called IQ tests using the "standardised methods" you are talking about? Is it not the same whites and Asians? Was any African involved in setting the "standards"? And you are naive enough to accept that it must be accurate because whites did not always place themselves as no 1. Are you that easily fooled? Fact is you have a stinking inferiority complex whether you wish to acknowledge it or not, and you lack the balls to confront your disease. Talking rubbish about how "we were conquered". Were whites never conquered? Do you have any idea how often black nations conquered white nations in the past? Asians? Does that mean one is smarter than the other? Go and study history so you learn to think like an educated person, not an ignorant self loather. And no. Not every single white nation on earth is more advanced in every measurable indices than every black nation, and those black nations doing well do not necessarily have a white ruling class. So that is a blatant lie. Botswana and Jamaica have no white ruling class. Their standard of living is higher than that of Albania, Kazakstan, Azerbaijan etc. so your points are worthless and borne of ignorance and lack of research. Also many black nations have higher living standards than Asian nations. Ghana has far higher living standards than Bangladesh. Senegal hardly experiences power cuts yet it is a daily occurrence in India. Gabon is a paradise on earth compared to Sri Lanka. Jamaica is heaven compared to Pakistan. Togo is 100 times more stable and productive than Afghanistan. Trinidad is far more advanced than Nepal. Nigeria is far more advanced than Burma. Kenya is heaven compared to Cambodia. Zambia is more advanced than Bhutan. Tanzania is more developed than Yemen. Angola is more advanced than Papua New Guinea. Namibia is heaven compared to Tajikistan. Indians as a whole have been rated poorer than Africans by the latest research. So explain all this in light of your stinking IQ tests.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by UyiIredia(m): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2013
@ ROSSIKE: living on past glory as you mention shpuld not let us deny the present reality and hamper future endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ ROSSIKE: living on past glory as you mention shpuld not let us deny the present reality and hamper future endeavours.
The "present reality" is that 6 of the word's 10 fastest growing economies are on the African continent. The present reality is that Africa is the second largest growing economic region on earth after Asia. The present reality is that the African middle class is now at least as large as China's and larger than India 's according to the latest research. The present reality is that rather than you wastrels to concentrate on contributing your quota to the African renaissance, you would rather play Kuna Kinte the inferior slave, wallowing in self debasement and colour complex. Get rid of your mental disease, called racial inferiority complex. That is what you need to do. It is ALL you need to do, to reach for the stars. So long as you think yourself inferior to other races, you will NEVER achieve anything worthwhile. So the first step is to get rid of your disease.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by UyiIredia(m): 12:56pm On Nov 17, 2013
@ ROSSIKE: I am a proud black man. I like the acheivements of my people, the Edos, other Nigerians and blacks as a whole, believe it or not I even like our shortcomings or what it's believed to be, our backwardness, for one. But the fact is we are NOT as developed as even Eastern, or Middle-Eastern, talkless of Western nations. Growing economies are words on paper to many folks who still strughle for their daily bread. In our past, white folks would have placed us very low GDP wise. All vanity. Then the average man could eat his pounded yamn and soup, wash it down with sweet palm wine, enjoy lush fields and clean rural air and sleep tight. Our development now is stunted. We, and I, can't help if you think words on paper translate to growth in the real sector.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 1:06pm On Nov 17, 2013
Uyi Iredia: @ ROSSIKE: I am a proud black man. I like the acheivements of my people, the Edos, other Nigerians and blacks as a whole, believe it or not I even like our shortcomings or what it's believed to be, our backwardness, for one. But the fact is we are NOT as developed as even Eastern, or Middle-Eastern, talkless of Western nations. Growing economies are words on paper to many folks who still strughle for their daily bread. In our past, white folks would have placed us very low GDP wise. All vanity. Then the average man could eat his pounded yamn and soup, wash it down with sweet palm wine, enjoy lush fields and clean rural air and sleep tight. Our development now is stunted. We, and I, can't help if you think words on paper translate to growth in the real sector.
Words on paper indeed. You can NOT know how well or badly Africans are progressing if you do not use research. That is why you were educated. You cannot sit in your front yard to assess the African economy. You must study empirical research. If you are going to play the self hating, anti-knowledge, beer parlour analyst, say so, then we can equate you with motor park touts. But if you are going to debate like an educated person, you must rely on research, facts, and statistics. Afterall you were happy enough to read the "IQ chart" which called you a natural dunce. Is it only anti-African research you like? As for saying "we" are not as developed as eastern blah bah blah, save that ignorant rubbish. Who are "we"? Is Africa one country? Are all black nations in Africa? Just because CNN presents all Africa as one state does not mean you should play their game. Some African states are more developed than some eastern, Asian, and middle eastern states. Some are not. There is no "we" and "they" unless in your CNN influenced head.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by revolt(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
daz_york:
Ignoramus.
Where did the first written languages originate?
I never knew Egyptians were blck!! Even aS a bible scholar by now u shud knw who built most of their wonders!! Cos eeryfin went in slow motion after the exodus!!!! Mention one Negro achievmnt!

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Nov 17, 2013
revolt: I never knew Egyptians were blck!! Even aS a bible scholar by now u shud knw who built most of their wonders!! Cos eeryfin went in slow motion after the exodus!!!! Mention one Negro achievmnt!
Oh I see, a bible head.

I leave this one to who can be bothered.
I can't.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by UyiIredia(m): 1:36pm On Nov 17, 2013
revolt: I never knew Egyptians were blck!! Even aS a bible scholar by now u shud knw who built most of their wonders!! Cos eeryfin went in slow motion after the exodus!!!! Mention one Negro achievmnt!

Egyptians had black folk. Not just Kenyan or Somali kind of black. Typical konk West African Negro blacks.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2013
Very impressed by your contributions daz York. Well done.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 17, 2013
There are smart and dumb people in every race. Africans are not less intelligent than any other race, we are just disadvantaged.
The invention of the gun changed everything for Africans, it allowed Africa to be subjugated and exploited for over 400 years.
That is 400 years of free labour and resources for some of the most advanced countries in the world today.

Disadvantaged yes, dumb not by a long shot. One thing that is really holding Africa back is our lukewarm attitude to science and technology. We should embrace it and do away with mysticism and always asking God to solve problems we can solve ourselves.

Nigeria for example wants to become and industrialized country. But our investment in science education is meagre. We've just started to invest in power plants as if we can run an industrialized economy on lanterns.

These are what people see and misconstrued as lack of intelligence, there are smart people everywhere. The people who made the US great for example are from all over the world, including Africans.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:14pm On Nov 17, 2013
ROSSIKE: Shut up and go and get an education. You're an illiterate to be bandying discredited, pseudo-scientific garbage by racists and passing it off as common sense. Who conducts all the so called IQ tests using the "standardised methods" you are talking about? Is it not the same whites and Asians? Was any African involved in setting the "standards"? And you are naive enough to accept that it must be accurate because whites did not always place themselves as no 1. Are you that easily fooled? Fact is you have a stinking inferiority complex whether you wish to acknowledge it or not, and you lack the balls to confront your disease. Talking rubbish about how "we were conquered". Were whites never conquered? Do you have any idea how often black nations conquered white nations in the past? Asians? Does that mean one is smarter than the other? Go and study history so you learn to think like an educated person, not an ignorant self loather. And no. Not every single white nation on earth is more advanced in every measurable indices than every black nation, and those black nations doing well do not necessarily have a white ruling class. So that is a blatant lie. Botswana and Jamaica have no white ruling class. Their standard of living is higher than that of Albania, Kazakstan, Azerbaijan etc. so your points are worthless and borne of ignorance and lack of research. Also many black nations have higher living standards than Asian nations. Ghana has far higher living standards than Bangladesh. Senegal hardly experiences power cuts yet it is a daily occurrence in India. Gabon is a paradise on earth compared to Sri Lanka. Jamaica is heaven compared to Pakistan. Togo is 100 times more stable and productive than Afghanistan. Trinidad is far more advanced than Nepal. Nigeria is far more advanced than Burma. Kenya is heaven compared to Cambodia. Zambia is more advanced than Bhutan. Tanzania is more developed than Yemen. Angola is more advanced than Papua New Guinea. Namibia is heaven compared to Tajikistan. Indians as a whole have been rated poorer than Africans by the latest research. So explain all this in light of your stinking IQ tests.
Low IQ alert! So, it's pseudo-science cos it doesn't conform to your blinkered illusions, abi? Discredited by who? So only the dissenters deserve a voice in the scientific community? I don't know why you're listing all those Asian nations as if I told you they were all better than the black/African nations. I only spoke of the white nations. You obviously don't have much of a clue if you think Jamaica and Botswana don't have a white, elite economic class. They're little different from South Africa. Jamaica as recently as the 90's had a white Prime Minister. Botswana has had a significant white minority since the Afrikaner/Boer invasion in the 19th century.

You keep talking about "inferiority complex" but your rabid anti-Western posts shows someone with deeply etched insecurities. The study doesn't make me feel inferior because it doesn't account for the individual but rather for the collective. I know there are tons of white people smarter and dumber than me. Makes no difference to me if I can exploit my own qualities. People like you quickly dismiss the study with every irrelevant fact out there as a counter.
"oh, but Egypt invented writing.....blah, blah, blah...". Nevermind that your ancestors couldn't read, write or document their history. And many sold their people to slavery for trinkets, mirrors and schnapps. "Egypt did this. The Moors did that....blah, blah". Why the hell then was pre-colonial sub-Saharan Africa several centuries behind Europe in development. Did Europeans moving all over the world from North America to South America to Australia and Southern Africa stop them from flowering and developing wherever they found themselves? Why then was the African continent - who can't stop talking about Egyptian glory - so stagnant. Infact, Egypt of 2000 BC was a greater civilization than most subsaharan African civilizations in the pre-colonial era over 3 millenia later. Can you explain this?

Keep raving about your insecurities. If living in denial and burying your head in the sand rocks your boat, well more power to you.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2013
@Obi
Pre colonial Europe was no paradise my friend. There was ignorance, poverty and disease there on a massive scale. I believe the harsh environment they lived in probably jolted them into embracing science more than Africans.
And when the opportunity came to use superior force to subjugate vast lands and exploit them they took it.
Africans were caught napping like a home owner in the middle of an armed robbery.
The effect is still there till today. An example is this obviously racist statistics. We need to take our destiny in our own hands.
Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2013
Aigbofa: There are smart and dumb people in every race. Africans are not less intelligent than any other race, we are just disadvantaged.
The invention of the gun changed everything for Africans, it allowed Africa to be subjugated and exploited for over 400 years.
That is 400 years of free labour and resources for some of the most advanced countries in the world today.

Disadvantaged yes, dumb not by a long shot. One thing that is really holding Africa back is our lukewarm attitude to science and technology. We should embrace it and do away with mysticism and always asking God to solve problems we can solve ourselves.

Nigeria for example wants to become and industrialized country. But our investment in science education is meagre. We've just started to invest in power plants as if we can run an industrialized economy on lanterns.

These are what people see and misconstrued as lack of intelligence, there are smart people everywhere. The people who made the US great for example are from all over the world, including Africans.
While I agree with much of these, I do believe we have a culture of intellectual laziness. Our leaders lack the vision and will to create the change but the people are complicit in the ineptitude of the leaders. I'm a strong believer that people deserve the leaders they get. Ours get away with their impunity, gross incompetence and corruption because we tolerate it and don't expect better. I don't believe it's all about guns. A trip through Florence, Venice, Rome etc would give you fascinating insight into the creativity of the human mind even centuries ago. They didn't need guns to accomplish all that. Just vision. Even conceptualizing the industrial revolution didn't require guns. The guns only come into play when labour and raw materials from foreign lands were needed to fuel and drive the vision. It's no different from Egypt using slaves thousands of years ago.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2013
Aigbofa: @Obi
Pre colonial Europe was no paradise my friend. There was ignorance, poverty and disease there on a massive scale. I believe the harsh environment they lived in probably jolted them into embracing science more than Africans.
And when the opportunity came to use superior force to subjugate vast lands and exploit them they took it.
Africans were caught napping like a home owner in the middle of an armed robbery.
The effect is still there till today. An example is this obviously racist statistics. We need to take our destiny in our own hands.
Of course it wasn't a paradise. The industrial revolution led to condensed, filthy, disease ridden urban environments like London at the time. So they simply moved outward, crossing vast seas and were resourceful enough to start anew and create prosperity wherever the went - whether the Spanish and Portuguese to Latin America, or the British to North America and Australia, or Dutch settlers to Southern Africa, or Scandinavians to America etc. It's the culture of problem solving, adventure and continuous evolution.

It is frankly a culture we aren't blessed with. At least, clearly not as much as they are.

1 Like

Re: Africa With The Lowest Average IQ In The World - Study (picture Map)!!! by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 17, 2013
Obi1kenobi:
Of course it wasn't a paradise. The industrial revolution led to condensed, filthy, disease ridden urban environments like London at the time. So they simply moved outward, crossing vast seas and were resourceful enough to start anew and create prosperity wherever the went - whether the Spanish and Portuguese to Latin America, or the British to North America and Australia, or Dutch settlers to Southern Africa, or Scandinavians to America etc. It's the culture of problem solving, adventure and continuous evolution.

It is frankly a culture we aren't blessed with. At least, clearly not as much as they are.

It is not a matter of being blessed or not. These are people who have about six months of good weather in a year. It was quite easy for most of them to starve, and they did. That alone is an incentive to be resourceful. Contrast that with Africans who can farm and even sleep outside all months of the year.
Environment played a big part. It is true that necessity is the mother on invention. They did what they have to do in order to survive, and unfortunately Africans was part of the collateral damage.
They shouldn't rub it in with racist statistics, we know how the game of survival is played now, having gone through slavery and colonization.
The tools are there for us, we are not stupid only our politicians are.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Primate Ayodele: Buhari Will Dump Tinubu In 2023 / ABC Nwosu: Peter Obi's Frugality Is Legendary, Some Say He Is Annoyingly Stingy / Herdsmen Attack Governor Ortom's Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.