Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,141 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:19 AM

Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire (16751 Views)

Malpractices In Kogi, Bayelsa Elections Unfortunate, Says Buhari / J Martins Alleges Threat To Life For Exposing Election Malpractices In Abia / List Of States With Electoral Malpractices In 2011 Polls - Is Your State Among? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Rhea(f): 1:17pm On Mar 14, 2007
Exam cheats cannot succeed without the help of their lecturers. If the teachers and lecturers would make up their minds to put an end to exam malpractice, they will succeed. What they lack is the zeal, committment and conviction to do so. Not when a student could give nothing less than N10000 per course to scale through exams.

If teachers are made to reap what they sow, then they would have more at stake. What happens when you deny a teacher/lecturer a new job simply because he/she last taught in a school/department where exam malpractice is the order of the day.

As an undergrad, I had a particular lecturer who has received countless death threats simply because you CANNOT cheat in his exams. However, while he never advocated for expulsion, he would make sure such a candidate repeats an entire session. Once you hear him tell anyone to GO HOME during an exam, that's the end of the story. Even a State Commissioner's son was not exempted. The man knew no fear, and made as many friends as enemies. But his integrity remained intact until he retired.

I would readily advocate the following as a minimum for exam malpratice irrespective of the level of education:

Student: Repeat that class until he/she can pass the exam without cheating. Expulsion from the school after two unsuccessful attempts.

Teacher/Lecturer: Sack. He/she should never dream of any future as an academician.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Beline(f): 2:00pm On Mar 14, 2007
If a student that cheat in exam should be condemned to death, i wonder what will be the penalty for those that false their certificate. Don't forget that sometime ago, it is a minister or a senator was got with fake result and was sentence to 1yr imprisonment with a fine option of N500 which he paid the fine and few months latter he was given presidential pardon.

So, Seun don't bring up this idea because it's only the poor that it will binds
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by alabiyemmy(m): 2:05pm On Mar 14, 2007
supported. Why should others sweat to make it and other go to cheat? an eye for an eye. if u cheat, be prepared to face whatever consequences.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by largie(f): 6:01pm On Mar 14, 2007
why kill an ant with a sledge hammer?if the punishment for exam malpractice is death then what happens to those looting our treasury?to those peddling drugs?i mean this country sickens me,why not let's start by killing all our looters,all the drug barons and all the bad eggs in our country and see if there will still be a student that will look over his or her shoulder during a class quiz
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by spoilt(f): 6:36pm On Mar 14, 2007
seun e never reach like that oh! shocked shocked shocked cool down!!
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Seun(m): 6:42pm On Mar 14, 2007
The fact that some people are taking this seriously shows how much we need to learn in this country. lipsrsealed
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by kellorah: 6:44pm On Mar 14, 2007
Seun, sorry ohh if it was supposed to be a joke, grin
just that i can't tell the difference between when you're jokin and when you're not lipsrsealed wink
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Seun(m): 6:53pm On Mar 14, 2007
I believe in living and letting others live. If I express an opinion that's the opposite of that, then I'm joking.

Also, if I say "alright, it was a joke" in my second post, then it's probably a joke. wink
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by kellorah: 7:02pm On Mar 14, 2007
i'm glad it was a  joke

imagine u being the president of Nigeria, with death panalty (for any crime whatsoever)  grin
you'd have to live there ALONE  shocked lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by tola4fame(m): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2007
No!try think of some other measures.if you will reason with me,malpractise is the aftermath of corruption and bad governance.The whole system is sick.Besides,THOU SHALL NOT KILL!
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by tola4fame(m): 9:58pm On Mar 14, 2007
No!try think of some other measures.if you will reason with me,malpractise is the aftermath of corruption and bad governance.The whole system is sick.Besides,THOU SHALL NOT KILL!
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by mandi: 4:20am On Mar 15, 2007
Sorry to break it to you but we are no longer in the Dark Ages so exam malpractices cannot be punishable by death.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by krysto(m): 1:10pm On Mar 15, 2007
As a matter of fact,how many people can beat their chest $ say they never cheated in any form in any exam even u, frm pri. to unv. level?am not siding malpractice but death penalty for exam malpractice is not a solution. let d govt $ all of us come out and address educational system.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by segedoo(m): 4:12pm On Mar 15, 2007
Na wa for u o Seun. Death penalty?!!

you no even talk 21 yrs imprisonment with hard labour.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Nobody: 4:54pm On Mar 15, 2007
I quite appreciate your concern, but that would be making fun of our legal system.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by cheavroi(m): 6:01pm On Mar 15, 2007
I wonder y we talking of dealth sentence for Mal practice when we leave those that steal billions of naira and get away with it by being sentence to Six-months sentence or those that left Nigeria cos of catarrh for treatment abroad wen they ought to fix our health system here .Pity!!!
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by angelchi(f): 6:27pm On Mar 15, 2007
na wa 4 person way post this topic o.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by kellorah: 1:07am On Mar 16, 2007
he jokes, he jokes grin
he kids, he kids grin
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by ukoma(m): 6:04am On Mar 16, 2007
maybe we should see this as a serious joke.
seun must have changed his mind because of the reactions by members of this forum.
I suggest no one should post things like this again.
I almost hammered on him,before I realized he said it was "serious" joke.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Seun(m): 9:35am On Mar 16, 2007
Why are people so slow? It's obviously a work of satire. I don't even believe in the death penalty for armed robbery. The willingness of people to believe that I would propose the exact opposite of what I believe in scares me. Because it means that if someone claims that I did something I could never do, you would believe that person.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by st1(m): 2:16pm On Mar 16, 2007
Kolomenta!!!!!

The originator of this idea must be a very wicked and mean hearted fellow or how on earth can someperson have such thought as death penalty for exam cheat for as little as primary school pupil!

Haba! spear me the blabladash.

Seun, if this is your idea, it is very foolish.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by scribe(m): 3:36pm On Mar 16, 2007
'Na wa ooooooooooo'
'The guy say na joke, yet people kept on shouting crucify him, crucify him '

Well, here is my own joke.

I wonder if heaven were to show a video clip of each of the exam every nairalander have sat for, how many of us will be GUITLESS of EXAM MALPRACTICE grin grin grin

Hey wait, don't dash for your weapons of vengeance, I pre-informed you that it is only a joke! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by stellose(f): 2:02am On Mar 17, 2007
malpractice is here to stay in this country as long as our leaders refuses to change or better still ask
ALAMIEYESIEHA FORMER BAYELSA STATE GOVERNOR. WHAT A WOMAN CAN DO , A MAN CAN STILL TIE WRAPPER AND BIG BLOSE MORE THAN A WOMAN. grin
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Seun(m): 12:44pm On Mar 17, 2007
I composed an exquisite work of satire and ******************* to appreciate it. Shame on Nigeria. angry
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by sirc(m): 5:32pm On Mar 17, 2007
shu na wa 4 n u ooooo.u wan kill everybody 4 nija.make u take ti ooooooo.find anodatin talk
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by faketeeth(m): 1:55pm On Mar 20, 2007
from my opinion, i think if death sentence is d answer, if we are to be sincere, seun u should be the first to be killed. Because there's no way u can tell us that u've never cheated in your life time. lipsrsealed so i think if u can surrender your life, i'll now decide whether i'll surrender mine.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by babasin(m): 6:04pm On Mar 20, 2007
death penalty for exam cheating!!! This is joke right?
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by MP007(m): 1:22am On Mar 21, 2007
grin grin grin grin ki la gbe ki le ju.
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by MP007(m): 1:23am On Mar 21, 2007
grin grin grin grin ki la gbe ki le ju.

no be only death penality .make dem include death free kick .kolomenatlist
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by segoye2(m): 8:41pm On Mar 21, 2007
Well, Seun you are right. I mean, not the death bonnaza, I propose if anyone is catched malpracticing, His parents should br flogged, and if na old man, his old papa should, because charity should come from home.

If na teacher pickin, ticher should be flogged, principal pikin, him papa should be flogged on assebly ground, if na minister pikin, him papa should be flogged, if na OBJ pikin self, him papa should be flogged, if u can't flog him, bring him to me, I swear, I will lash him real good.

If u pass death sentence to any offence in Nigeria, na innocent people go remove, because with 700 million, like can be there! grin
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Kinsh(f): 1:39am On Mar 22, 2007
Can't stop laughing. Plssszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Death Sentence??  lol cheesy Seun your hilarious
Re: Death Penalty For Exam Malpractices In Nigeria? - Satire by Seun(m): 12:19am On Jan 01, 2008
Thanks. cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Xmas Day Bombing: How Kabiru Sokoto Was Rearrested / Kaduna, Enugu, Lagos, Abia, Anambra Top Reformed States In 2018 / LASG Set To Auction Vehicles Impounded For Violation Of Traffic Law

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.