Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,638 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO (20134 Views)

#BayelsaDecides: APC Kicks Against INEC’s Cancellation Of Elections / Buhari & Ojukwu Protesting Against Obasanjo's Govt (throwback Pic) / Disabled Men And Women Protesting In PH Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by MayorofLagos(m): 2:48pm On Nov 18, 2013
Voters registration data contain quantitative knots that can reveal useful information needed to qualify the status of a community.

The voters turn out reveal even more; from the numbers you can instantly see the manpower on the ground.

In a state like Anambra, the flagstaff and standard bearer of Alaigbo, I would expect voters count in an important election to be in the millions at their respective LGs.

Look at the numbers below..Im forced to conclude that Alaba alone in Lagos has more Ibo population on the ground than entire Anambra State. So where is the federal allocation to Ibo Governors going, where is the population to spend the money on The entire Anambra State has 1,764,000 voters, where are their citizens

Obiano polled 174,710 votes to come first, the first runner-up, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) candidate Comrade Tony Nwoye polled 94,956 votes to place second, while the Dr. Chris Ngige of APC had 92300.

Because the difference in the figures between the first two candidates, which is 79,754 is less than the cancelled votes, which 113,113, the commission could not declare anybody the winner.

A total of 1,763,751 voters were registered for the election, while 451,826 were accredited. Total valid votes was 413,005, while total number of rejected votes was 16,544.Total votes cast was 429,549.

Out of the cancelled votes, 89,997 were from Idemili North Local Government Area alone, and additional 636 from two units in Idemili South.APGA won in 16 of the 21 local government areas, APC won in two, PDP won in two, while LP won one.

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Asabeq(f): 3:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
Educated and sophisticated people being ruled by an illiterate 419 tout alhaji okorosha!!
Noisemakers!!

Abagworo:

Imo is a developed State and has no time for your crap. Imo is the only Southeast State to have ever been governed by a candidate of their choice. We are educated and sophisticated. PDP can never ever rule Imo again because we'll just kill all the riggers mercilessly.

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Boll2010: 3:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
Otenestbestyaho: My condolence goes 2 alhaji musa chris ngige, tifnibu,foolshola,Buhari n el-lucifer,as a mata of fact,hausa/yoruba party (apc aka islamic party) wil nt and can nt enta ss/se.this is how jonathan wil win 2015 presidential election and buharia wil continue wit his BOMBINGS! As 4 we in benue,we wil giv jonathan 100% votes,apc die die die die die die die die die die,buhari satan is calling u in d grave yard
u said benue? God ur gals are everywhr doing "omo odo" n landlord pikin dey nyansh dem......how can u generalised the whole benue?u took a survey? But ur state is known for cowardice.....I was shocked when I heard DAVID MARK is from benue and has been there since 16yrs .my question is?in the whole of benue,are there not eligible,gallant men who can run for this post? And I heard most of you are given okada,grinding pepper machine,and all those junks,then you keep quiet to let him run again......I won't be suprise if david mark impose his son to you people!!!! BENUE STATE BORN TO SERVE DAVID MARK#just my view then write yours with no grievance also.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by olatiler(m): 3:59pm On Nov 18, 2013
I was highly ashamed of my self after my room mate who noticed my frequent visit to NL and stumble to NL herself to go through what am monitoring on NL and latter see some ppl comments on what is happening in anambra election result and also visit most of our daily newspaper, hummmmmmm am gonna remain silent for few days based on what she call many ppl who are in support of the outcome cos of their poor mentality and fo#lish sentiment
But am gonna officially say this, shame on whoever that support this anambra Result

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by chukwudi3(m): 5:15pm On Nov 18, 2013
olatiler: I was highly ashamed of my self after my room mate who noticed my frequent visit to NL and stumble to NL herself to go through what am monitoring on NL and latter see some ppl comments on what is happening in anambra election result and also visit most of our daily newspaper, hummmmmmm am gonna remain silent for few days based on what she call many ppl who are in support of the outcome cos of their poor mentality and fo#lish sentiment
But am gonna officially say this, shame on whoever that support this anambra Result
nw u are awake.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by chukwudi3(m): 5:21pm On Nov 18, 2013
Iceman296:
Yea Right, The issue here is that The Number of Voters were Collated While these women Claim they didn't Vote. Who voted then?? I Seriously Think that's the aim of their Protest!
Even if its true, tell me in this country where we hav had free nd fair election before? So those dat paid these women are just wastin dia tym nd moni.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Martinboy41(m): 6:20pm On Nov 18, 2013
This is fraudulent and pure day light rigging. Nigeria have pass this type of riging . How can inec disfranchise this woman. People are in church and INEC foolishly conduct election. This women must vote, so this election must be cancel until this woman excercise there right to vote for who they like. Thank you all
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by adaide1: 6:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
Why so much tears for us. Most have lamented our course for us and we have noted your agonies. Its time to move on. U can't just be ashamed of anambra alone, you should be ashamed of all the states with the exception of Akwa ibom,Cross river and Lagos. We voted obiano, he might achieve something he might not but he is our choice let's leave it at that. Ngige performed during his time esp in my LGA (idemili) but not in anambra east or west. He is not an all anambra favorite and he has to deal with that. We gave him a chance when he did not win an election, it is time to also give obiano the same benefit of doubt. Election in Nigeria is not about the best man but about the most intelligent rigger. As apga is being accused of bribery , APC did the same. If thesame inec gave him a senatorial sit y is he crying foul with the same inec just because he was outwitted or he outwitted himself. He should go to court, as usual (that is the trademark of every election lost) . That said , is it just me or are those women in the second picture sitting on the ground 'Laughing'

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Asabeq(f): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
You and your room mate are shameless pple!
How can a boy and a girl be room mates? Abi una be gay?

olatiler: I was highly ashamed of my self after my room mate who noticed my frequent visit to NL and stumble to NL herself to go through what am monitoring on NL and latter see some ppl comments on what is happening in anambra election result and also visit most of our daily newspaper, hummmmmmm am gonna remain silent for few days based on what she call many ppl who are in support of the outcome cos of their poor mentality and fo#lish sentiment

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by acidiczuzzee: 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Akshow: See moving proud Igbo women demanding their right where the shameless pdp urchins here on nairaland are jubilating pdp's win. Its more disappointing that d pdp urchins on nairaland are igbo boys. Shame. I doff my hat for this proud Igbo women!!! All hope is not lost in this country. Some of us can still fight for our right and voice our displeasure against corruption and electoral mis-practice.
at least the igbo boys re better than the yoruba cowards ewu

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Asabeq(f): 7:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
You people are a million times better than them!!!

Sai pdp!!

Say no to Alaye People's community,the party built on propaganda!

acidiczuzzee: at least the igbo boys re better than the yoruba cowards ewu
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by vital: 8:22pm On Nov 18, 2013
[how much were they given?hmm,APC forces.quote author=Eze Promoe]
Hundreds of women on Sunday marched through major streets in Awka to protest against the Nov. 16 governorship election in the state.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the women who gathered at Arroma Junction marched through Alex Ekwueme Square to the INEC office in the state capital.
A member of the group who declined to identify herself said they would not accept the result of the election because there was no voting in most parts of the state.
She said the women in the state were disappointed with the conduct of the election and called on INEC to organise a fresh one.
“We want to tell the world that we are not happy with the Anambra election and we were not allowed to vote due to the lapses.
“We were disenfranchised and at the end of the day, results will be announced to us.This election should be cancelled because it is beyond Idemili North,’’ she said in reference to an area where the ballot was rescheduled for Sunday.
Meanwhile, security personnel at the INEC office stopped the women from entering the premises.
There were complaints by the electorate over cases of disenfranchisement in the election.
Mr Tony Nwonye, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and members of his family could not vote as their names did not appear on the voters’ register.
Sen. Chris Ngige of the APC also alleged that most voters in Anambra Central could not vote due to late and non-arrival of poll officials and materials.
INEC rescheduled voting in 65 polling units in Obosi, Idemili North local government, for Sunday. (NAN)

http://dailypost.com.ng/2013/11/18/women-protest-against-anambra-election/[/quote]
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
Abagworo:

Imo is a developed State and has no time for your crap. Imo is the only Southeast State to have ever been governed by a candidate of their choice. We are educated and sophisticated. PDP can never ever rule Imo again because we'll just kill all the riggers mercilessly.

I biakwa

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by MayorofLagos(m): 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
Vital, the guy in police uniform look like GEJ. shocked
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Ifyjemila(f): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
hardeyincah: i too know, we beg u make u tell us?
No bi small thing hahahaha.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by biafranqueen: 10:34pm On Nov 18, 2013
If it was rigging, which we as a Nigerians all have expert knowledge in, then INEC would have called a winner without even changing moving it to Sunday

So you can protest on Sunday but not vote undecided

Everyone deserves to vote so they should take time and those areas that were disenfranchised should vote again. You guys are making a big deal of nothing, google Florida 2000 disenfranchisement when big brother Bush stole the election for his baby brother open and shut case of voter fraud. When they admit they made a mistake it is just that a mess up not rigging some people are just over emotional for nothing.

BTW even if they go ahead and do it over APC will still lose and the PDP candidate has a better chance at winning this election with his two weeks campaign then Ngige. So APC cheerleaders should just go and sit down on the bench with Labor party and keep quite they are out the game any way you look at it kiss
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by lagcity(m): 12:30am On Nov 19, 2013
ngozievergreen:

As am writing this, There are more igbos in sch than yorubas, male or female

biko, which school? kidnapping school or baby factory school?
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by redsun(m): 12:35am On Nov 19, 2013
Her we go again.We are all in the same mess,yet we dey yab each other.School na yeye for naija,it doesn't matter whether you be igbo,hausa or yoruba.

It is unproductive and zombie like.Schooled,but not educated.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by frederal(m): 1:12am On Nov 19, 2013
Who paid them to do this? No to APC in Igboland.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Onlytruth(m): 1:29am On Nov 19, 2013
me_for_you: inconclusive. it's just because of APC irregularities in obosi. obiano has won and won clean and clear. ngige will end up having only 3 LGAs and still be in the 3rd place. Tony Nwoye will still assist deplete ngige's votes and remain 2nd. And APGA will still have their 16 LGAs and highest number of votes and will still be declared winner.
And ngige will go to courts and lose.
and in 2015 ngige will lose his senate as well. good riddance to bad rubbish.
and those of us from imo state will chase alhaji okorocha big time. and send him packing.
and that's the end of apc in the SE. just 2015, and the name apc wount be in any igbo dictionary again.
and so have we dealt the yorubas a heavy blow in tribal politiking introduced by late awolowo.

Site na ike nke Chineke. Amen. cool
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by EzePromoe: 2:05am On Nov 19, 2013
Abagworo:

If Rochas wanted to test his political strenght why didn't he contest under the party ACN?
Come 2015, the electorates will be able to convince you that you are in the minority in Igbo politics.
APC rejected by Igbos!

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by EzePromoe: 2:12am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos: Voters registration data contain quantitative knots that can reveal useful information needed to qualify the status of a community.

The voters turn out reveal even more; from the numbers you can instantly see the manpower on the ground.

In a state like Anambra, the flagstaff and standard bearer of Alaigbo, I would expect voters count in an important election to be in the millions at their respective LGs.

Look at the numbers below..Im forced to conclude that Alaba alone in Lagos has more Ibo population on the ground than entire Anambra State. So where is the federal allocation to Ibo Governors going, where is the population to spend the money on The entire Anambra State has 1,764,000 voters, where are their citizens

How expensive is a terrestrial antenna that you can't even watch NTA. Didn't you heard that some slots were cancelled and some didn't see their name in the registeration list? Did every single person, including children not up to 18 and old men/women, registered to vote?
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by EzePromoe: 2:18am On Nov 19, 2013
lagcity:

Oh you think its only Awolowo osho free education that is worth to be called a school, abi?
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by agbameta: 2:46am On Nov 19, 2013
Eze Promoe:
How expensive is a terrestrial antenna that you can't even watch NTA. Didn't you heard that some slots were cancelled and some didn't see their name in the registeration list? Did every single person, including children not up to 18 and old men/women, registered to vote?

Even with the canceled votes @ 131, 000, what difference does it make? 451,826 INEC recognized electorates remains abysmal and grossly pathetic...
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by MayorofLagos(m): 5:29am On Nov 19, 2013
agbameta:

Even with the canceled votes @ 131, 000, what difference does it make? 451,826 INEC recognized electorates remains abysmal and grossly pathetic...

Let's add a million population to cushion the margin of error, it will bring the total to 2.764M adults of voting age for the whole state.

Obi has built hotels and megamall outside Alaigbo. Why? Because he does not trust his own people not to ruin his properties and business. From leadership to citizen, everyone is abandoning Alaigbo on an exodus.

I can pull 3M voting age adults out of Ikeja alone.

Agbameta, keep this data, new information to have in the back pocket when we need it.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 6:51am On Nov 19, 2013
Mayor_of_Lagos:

Let's add a million population to cushion the margin of error, it will bring the total to 2.764M adults of voting age for the whole state.

Obi has built hotels and megamall outside Alaigbo. Why? Because he does not trust his own people not to ruin his properties and business. From leadership to citizen, everyone is abandoning Alaigbo on an exodus.

I can pull 3M voting age adults out of Ikeja alone.

Agbameta, keep this data, new information to have in the back pocket when we need it.
THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE VOTERS IN ALIMOSHO LOCAL GOVERNMENT ALONE IS LARGER THAN THE ENTIRE POPULATION IN IBOLAND. WHY IS IBOLAND DESOLATED? WHY IS EVERYONE RUNNING AWAY FROM ALAIBO?

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by warrior01: 7:24am On Nov 19, 2013
lagcity:

She's right.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Awkaluv(m): 7:54am On Nov 19, 2013
These women r paid 4 dis and they r not Awka market women cos my auty is head of d Awka market women union n she is not aware of d protest. So d story is nt true.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 19, 2013
Asabeq: Educated and sophisticated people being ruled by an illiterate 419 tout alhaji okorosha!!
Noisemakers!!

Abagworo said wrong tnz but rochas Is not illiterate
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 19, 2013
lagcity:

U know what I mean.
we are in 2013 not 1974.
Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by MayorofLagos(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2013
KIRIJI: THE NUMBER OF ELIGIBLE VOTERS IN ALIMOSHO LOCAL GOVERNMENT ALONE IS LARGER THAN THE ENTIRE POPULATION IN IBOLAND. WHY IS IBOLAND DESOLATED? WHY IS EVERYONE RUNNING AWAY FROM ALAIBO?

Well said!!

1 Like

Re: Awka Market Women Protesting Against INEC - PHOTO by carrybreeze: 9:07am On Nov 19, 2013
i am so loving the igbo mummies ....u mommas rock!!! i am so so proud of u babes. mummies! learn to always say no to injustice.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lagos To Build West Africa's Largest Tech Hub In Yaba / Full List Of All The States That Shared N388.304 Billion / Ganduje: All Nigerians Must Be Born Again

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.