Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,309 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:39 AM

List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well (58963 Views)

Staff Welfare At Kaduna Electric / Funny Pics Of How Some Management Treat Their Employees / Letter To Zenith Bank Gmd,Godwin Emefiele---Poor Staff Welfare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by dradoyi(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2013
The establishment with the worst staff welfare..= Federal Medical centres.
May God help resident Doctors.

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by lymelyte(m): 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2013
nbc
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 10:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
pharmow: Good list. I could say of Nestle because I used to work there for about 3 years before leaving Naija..........They really try when it comes to Staff welfare. The lunch is so rich that U will forget about the stress you might be having at work for the 30 minutes of lunch break grin. The one that is even more desiring is the staff pack we receive every month . The staff pack evaluation runs into thousands of Naira worth of Milo, Golden Morn, Nescafe etc every month cheesy. Come see as I dey stock my fridge with the goodies that year cheesy grin cheesy. For Chevron, I have a friend that works there. The day I went to their recreational facility in Gbagada was when I knew that people dey enjoy for Naija.

Honestly speaking, most multinational companies in Nigeria dey try.
U 2 LIKE FOOD

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by bigx(m): 10:24pm On Nov 18, 2013
powersunny: I have asked this question before and i hope someone would be able to provide me an answer now. The richest men in the US own apple, microsoft, walmart ,exxonmobil etc and these are the top companies graduates will die to work for, employers of choice, if you like.

Why are Dangote's company not the ones Nigerians will prefer to work for, despite his being the richest man in africa from the profits of his conglomerates.Same for other nigerians in the forbes list? Can anyone help with the root cause? Is there more to it than one can reason?

Walmart staff are poorly paid.
Google it
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by blink(f): 10:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Scoa nig plc
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by LordMecuzy(m): 10:37pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 18, 2013
Eneze1: IITA
Well.........Fair sah but no Job security
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Gabrielsylar(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nairaland also treats it staff well...at least they will raise money for sexkills introduction and engagement

2 Likes

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by olawumia(m): 10:41pm On Nov 18, 2013
pharmow: Good list. I could say of Nestle because I used to work there for about 3 years before leaving Naija..........They really try when it comes to Staff welfare. The lunch is so rich that U will forget about the stress you might be having at work for the 30 minutes of lunch break grin. The one that is even more desiring is the staff pack we receive every month . The staff pack evaluation runs into thousands of Naira worth of Milo, Golden Morn, Nescafe etc every month cheesy. Come see as I dey stock my fridge with the goodies that year cheesy grin cheesy. For Chevron, I have a friend that works there. The day I went to their recreational facility in Gbagada was when I knew that people dey enjoy for Naija.

Honestly speaking, most multinational companies in Nigeria dey try.

Which nestle branch sir? Ilupeju, Ota,agbara or flower gate?

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 10:47pm On Nov 18, 2013
NNPC noni

hardbody:

My company pays on the 25th every month. Where the 25th falls on a weekend or pub hols they pay on the day earlier say 24th. Your official car becomes yours after 4 years and another is bought for u. When u become a senior manager you are sent to LBS and off shore training, too many benefits hence we don't or hardly leave the company. Our name.....I won't give it out. Sorry.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by eluquenson(m): 10:50pm On Nov 18, 2013
UBA PLC cheesy
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by immunno(m): 10:55pm On Nov 18, 2013
Wellness Homes
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by eluquenson(m): 11:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
mfm04622: First Bank. For real staff sha.

Is there a fake staff in First Bank? undecided
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2013
Lafarge
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ULQUIORRA: 11:14pm On Nov 18, 2013
scobaba: GUINESS.

They pay u....u krase.

They train u....u mad.

U sick, they take care of u.....guy, u die!

Guiness too much!
wat are u talking about
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ULQUIORRA: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2013
hardbody:

My company pays on the 25th every month. Where the 25th falls on a weekend or pub hols they pay on the day earlier say 24th. Your official car becomes yours after 4 years and another is bought for u. When u become a senior manager you are sent to LBS and off shore training, too many benefits hence we don't or hardly leave the company. Our name.....I won't give it out. Sorry.
den why say all these.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: Baba Gbajabiamila and sons but no daughters Nigeria Limited 1 Silifatu Majekodumi Street, Off Iya Ewa Agoyin Road, Opposite Seun Mud "Ouse", Ota, Ogun State. Motto - Tin ba Make e, ninu Aiye e, e pemi BASCAD!! angry angry angry Supplier of hair conditioner, helectric hayon, hee-tc, hee-tc

I beg you IJN dis are a real company. Mod bro plis don't hide my poast or die for natin!! angry
falls off mountain...I give up!
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 11:26pm On Nov 18, 2013
bampet: Lafarge
If I hear angry
I did my Industrial Training at their Sagamu plant. Although Safety issues are taken very seriously(Like you could get quarried for not using a mere earmuffs). And the have a crazy health insurance scheme for their staffs and family
What else are they doing right?
The food part too will make you forget about the overwhelming workload.
A very good company to work.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

What do I now have against them?
Nawa oo
Oh, I haf remember
WORK WORK WORK
The work there will literally make you break down and cry
Trust me
You'll need drugs. Hard drugs to keep up.

And that is grossly caused by the ancient plant. What do you expect from a 1967/8 plant. You go work until the doctors work on you.

Bottom line is that Lafarge is a great company to work, but please stay off Sagamu or Ewekoro 1 plant oo.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ojj(m): 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2013
yuzedo: Baba Gbajabiamila and sons but no daughters Nigeria Limited 1 Silifatu Majekodumi Street, Off Iya Ewa Agoyin Road, Opposite Seun Mud "Ouse", Ota, Ogun State. Motto - Tin ba Make e, ninu Aiye e, e pemi BASCAD!! angry angry angry Supplier of hair conditioner, helectric hayon, hee-tc, hee-tc

I beg you IJN dis are a real company. Mod bro plis don't hide my poast or die for natin!! angry
Yuzedo abeg if dem don dey employ let me know cus d kompany make sense die.lol
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 11:29pm On Nov 18, 2013
Still on lafarge

My earlier post applies only to the engineers oo. They are the one that do all the HARD WORK
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Capableben(m): 11:33pm On Nov 18, 2013
ikenna58: How about Unilever Nigeria? Any idea how they treat their staffs and how much they pay fresh graduate please? Pls. Pls

oga me, staff doesnt have a plural form as ''staffs''
Are u a graduate
its either ''staff'' or ''members of staff''
nwanne kee way gi
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by oladapolif: 11:39pm On Nov 18, 2013
okada association
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by smartg(m): 11:40pm On Nov 18, 2013
Odionpete: All d coy are ok, i do not xpect any chinese or india coy to make dis list at all.
yes you're right, Chinese nd India are the worst investors we have here in Nigeria especially d INDIA companies, unfortunately our Government cherish them most . All what they do is to troop in their illiterate brothers in dozens evry year and call them engineers when they cannot even spell their names, they use them as an uportunity to export our money(millions of naira) to their own country nd we are here crying for unemployment. The worse thing is that the illiterate brothers do not know what they're employed to do. they end up learning the job nd how to read and write from the Nigerian workers and keep parading themselves as the engineers and treating their teachers(workers) as slaves in their father's land.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by DanaStaff: 11:45pm On Nov 18, 2013
Guys, please allow me apologise in advance because when I'm done talking about my company and how they treat staff, it most definitely will leave a sour taste in your earlier excited taste buds...
I work for Dana Airlines and as we speak, it is the least paid local Airline in Nigeria despite and the most staff insensitive too.

First, there is no such thing as Medicare in Dana Airlines! You are absolutely on your own if you or any of your dependants take ill. As if that is not enough, they deduct medicals from your take home and claim to pay it back at the end of the year (and call it 13th month )...the "13th month" of 2012 is yet to be paid in November, 2013.

Since January 2013, Dana Airlines hasn't paid salaries as at when due. They pay salaries of the previous month by the 21st of a new month...imagine putting the lives of unsuspecting Nigerians in the hands of hungry staff, just anything can happen.

Pensions and taxes haven't been remitted on behalf of any staff since April, 2012 yet deductions are still being made from staff salaries that come 3weeks late.

Now, after staff stood by management throughout the crash/crisis period, they stopped salaries since August and verbally put staff on what they call leave without pay (LWOP) which completely negates the terms and conditions of service as contained in staff offer letter and staff hand book.

Trainings are never done. If any is organised in house, original certificates are retained by HR and only photocopies are handed over to course participants.

We do business in aviation but our family members, even wives and children, cannot travel FOC! As a staff, you are only entitled to one free ticket when one is on annual leave and you annual leave is unpaid, but the reverse is what's written in the offer letter.

In a nutshell, going by the ratings of this conversation, I can authoritatively state that Dana Airlines is one of the most unhealthy place to work because they treat Nigerian staff like slaves in their own country.

Don't get it twisted, they make a lot of money! In the last quarter, Dana made well over a billion naira, yet they are owing staff September and October Salary without any plans to pay. As the Managing Director, Jacky Hathiramani, and his many Indian minions will say, Nigerians will be severely punished for what their Government is doing to us by grounding our operations.
The Indians pay themselves and deny Nigerian staff, that has put in his sweat and blood to serve...the joy of collecting his wages...Nigerians save our soulllll

2 Likes

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by DanaStaff: 11:54pm On Nov 18, 2013
smartg :

yes you're right, Chinese nd India are the worst investors we have here in Nigeria especially d INDIA companies, unfortunately our Government cherish them most . All what they do is to troop in their illiterate brothers in dozens evry year and call them engineers when they cannot even spell their names, they use them as an uportunity to export our money(millions of naira) to their own country nd we are here crying for unemployment. The worse thing is that the illiterate brothers do not know what they're employed to do. they end up learning the job nd how to read and write from the Nigerian workers and keep parading themselves as the engineers and treating their teachers(workers) as slaves in their father's land.

You are most correct. Dana Airlines is a perfect example of the point you just made. 80% of the Indians in Dana are either illiterates or perverts. They don't have stay/ work permits but they have all authority to do as they please
.Thanks to Nigerian Immigration
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 11:57pm On Nov 18, 2013
Na wa oh!
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by scobaba: 12:07am On Nov 19, 2013
ULQUIORRA: wat are u talking about

Meaning....they treat their staff very well as per pay package, trainings and healthcare.

Now u get? wink
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ritze(m): 12:14am On Nov 19, 2013
I no wan hear MTN here o
Which kain EmpTN
Get to level 2 and start praying to baba God to give you another job
Even the take home pay cannot take you to anywhere(those network engineers dey gbadun sha after dey don do overtime like craze)
You can be on a spot till jesus come...MTN ko
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by okus1: 12:39am On Nov 19, 2013
femi4: Nitel
why ar you like.dis

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does Shoprite Pay Its Employees? / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar / Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.