Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,771 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well (58967 Views)

Staff Welfare At Kaduna Electric / Funny Pics Of How Some Management Treat Their Employees / Letter To Zenith Bank Gmd,Godwin Emefiele---Poor Staff Welfare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by kolatidoma(m): 9:02am On Nov 19, 2013
Sofos pal digital production company is good when it comes to staff welfare, if you work there eeeeh...chai...you will know that work dey sweat o!
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ibezimernest(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2013
Please does anybody know about First Foundation Medical Engineering at Opebi Ikeja. Pleasseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee somebody who knows about this Company should talk to me fast.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Dee60: 9:13am On Nov 19, 2013
Dana Staff: Guys, please allow me apologise in advance because when I'm done talking about my company and how they treat staff, it most definitely will leave a sour taste in your earlier excited taste buds...
I work for Dana Airlines and as we speak, it is the least paid local Airline in Nigeria despite and the most staff insensitive too.

First, there is no such thing as Medicare in Dana Airlines! You are absolutely on your own if you or any of your dependants take ill. As if that is not enough, they deduct medicals from your take home and claim to pay it back at the end of the year (and call it 13th month )...the "13th month" of 2012 is yet to be paid in November, 2013.

Since January 2013, Dana Airlines hasn't paid salaries as at when due. They pay salaries of the previous month by the 21st of a new month...imagine putting the lives of unsuspecting Nigerians in the hands of hungry staff, just anything can happen.

Pensions and taxes haven't been remitted on behalf of any staff since April, 2012 yet deductions are still being made from staff salaries that come 3weeks late.

Now, after staff stood by management throughout the crash/crisis period, they stopped salaries since August and verbally put staff on what they call leave without pay (LWOP) which completely negates the terms and conditions of service as contained in staff offer letter and staff hand book.

Trainings are never done. If any is organised in house, original certificates are retained by HR and only photocopies are handed over to course participants.

We do business in aviation but our family members, even wives and children, cannot travel FOC! As a staff, you are only entitled to one free ticket when one is on annual leave and you annual leave is unpaid, but the reverse is what's written in the offer letter.

In a nutshell, going by the ratings of this conversation, I can authoritatively state that Dana Airlines is one of the most unhealthy place to work because they treat Nigerian staff like slaves in their own country.

Don't get it twisted, they make a lot of money! In the last quarter, Dana made well over a billion naira, yet they are owing staff September and October Salary without any plans to pay. As the Managing Director, Jacky Hathiramani, and his many Indian minions will say, Nigerians will be severely punished for what their Government is doing to us by grounding our operations.
The Indians pay themselves and deny Nigerian staff, that has put in his sweat and blood to serve...the joy of collecting his wages...Nigerians save our soulllll

Similar to several Indian companies but there must be some exceptions.

It all amounts to impunity!

Like our president - They do not really give a damn! If you like you may complain till tomorrow. Their answer remains: I dont give a damn!
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Orikinla(m): 9:13am On Nov 19, 2013
MTN is still number 1, followed by the Nigeria LNG Limited and Shell.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by MrAboki: 9:15am On Nov 19, 2013
Orikinla: MTN is still number 1, followed by the Nigeria LNG Limited and Shell.

Total E&P bro... grin

Shell... Hmmmm!!!! Not really! Their union is dead + Shell is slowly but surely closing shop in Nigeria.

Agip.. Worst of all IOC's. Only Management level dey groove for that company.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 19, 2013
Please, which Architectural company is the best in terms of staff welfare here in Nigeria?
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by jinha(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2013
crystalballs: All mentioned are foreign coy.

what of Dangote group, Globacom, conoil, Bua sugar, okomu oil, Aiico insurance, Nicon Hilton Hotels etc....
i can say of Aiico insurance... Staf3 welfare is at it peak.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by seniorklop: 10:15am On Nov 19, 2013
so flour mill of nigeria no make d list?
anyways there's this private company......small but fantastic. dipo fakorede & co! incentives include all expenses oversea holiday trip.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ddjay: 10:16am On Nov 19, 2013
angry angry i will strike anybody with thunder dat includes one telecom or bank coy.no say i no warn u o
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Emmy0203: 10:46am On Nov 19, 2013
Whr is CRUSADER STERLING PENSION in all dz?
Se pple way refuse 2open PENSION ACCT 4dir junior staff
Dey r only gud @ forcin dir customers 2dance 2dir own tune n even d so call regulated body (CUSTODIAN) can not do anytiN abt it. Shikena shocked shocked shocked
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ritze(m): 10:59am On Nov 19, 2013
dd_jay: angry angry i will strike anybody with thunder dat includes one telecom or bank coy.no say i no warn u o

God bless u
Na vex i take comot
So disappointing sector(telecoms)
But some bank still dey try nah
I know of 1st bank for sure..they dont sack anyhow and the pay is quite handsome
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by stupor(m): 11:10am On Nov 19, 2013
Why Nigerian breweries welfare package no go good,when it is estimated that Nigerians drink more than 600 bottles of star every year !
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by helphelp: 11:18am On Nov 19, 2013
"Their staffs" not "there staff"

Omooba77: It is not all about negativity; there are companies that are treating there staff very well................................
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Reptyle(m): 11:22am On Nov 19, 2013
MTN Nigeria is super when it comes to staff welfare. They should be in the top three in Nigeria when it comes to staff welfare; if not number 1.

Their effort around staff welfare recently received international recognition as they became one of the first companies in Nigeria to bag the Investment in People (IIP) accreditation from the IIP organization. (UK)
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by NosoChic: 11:34am On Nov 19, 2013
The average understanding of staff welfare as displayed on this thread is indeed shocking. The provision of staff meals is a smart tax aversion technique.

I also am aware that product packs are classified as non monetary benefits plus they will comprise of some products that cannot be sold to the public as they are either close to expiry or dented/damaged packaging from wholesalers returns claim.

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Abmarshalo(m): 11:45am On Nov 19, 2013
Zenith Bank PLC. Best bank in terms of staff welfare in Africa

meetgaya:
Yea!
and almost all the commercial banks in term of salary when due. lol
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by philos(m): 11:48am On Nov 19, 2013
Are academic institutions included?
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by CrazyMan(m): 12:02pm On Nov 19, 2013
eluquenson:

Is there a fake staff in First Bank? undecided
What he meant was full staff cos banks also employ contract staffs, and their salaries and welfare packages are nothing compared to that of the full staffs.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by lipstick1(f): 12:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
UNICEM,CALABAR
2nd largest cement manufacturer in West africa
This is a place to work,just keep your hands clean and be innovative.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by darajo: 12:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
mopson pharm at isolo pay well too and take good care of their staff
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Hummingbird: 1:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
Nigerian breweries...
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Titay(f): 1:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
Abmarshalo: Zenith Bank PLC. Best bank in terms of staff welfare in Africa

Zenith bank ke? Which africa, do you work there better get ur facts straight.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by npn001(f): 1:48pm On Nov 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by npn001(f): 1:49pm On Nov 19, 2013

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by IGBOSON1: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
alekside: Shell

^^^You're right! And they don't joke with safety either.

I remember when i first went into their senior staff estate at Rumukurushi in Port Harcourt. Nna mehn......i thought i had entered paradise!

Staff like the quality of life and security there so much that they don't wanna leave; so the company gives grants to enable staff build their own homes, and help free up space.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by bunchyproject(m): 4:03pm On Nov 19, 2013
Bunchy project,we pay well!
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 4:15pm On Nov 19, 2013
Please does anybody know of Briscoe properties? How good is the company in remuneration?
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Shugajay(m): 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
NLNG
Baker Hughes
Exxon Mobile
MTN
Nestle
First Bank

#dz re d ones I can remember..

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Pattey(m): 5:49pm On Nov 19, 2013
chrisxxx: I hear Redeemed Christian Church of God, Living Faith Church and Christ Embassy pay very well.

False. I know a pastor there (an in-law of mine), the church stopped their salaries under the guise of 'They are working for God'. . . After years of transferring them from one place to the other, barely allowing them settle with their kids esp as per School things
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by aflag: 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
generaliy07: There's a company here in Ogun state(name withheld for obvious reasons),the only place on earth where Corpers work 8-6pm daily,saturday inclusive...doing all manners of odd jobs(peel cassava,press garri,wash fish pond)...if you survive your service year there,you go come NL come shout a FP-making Hallellujah!!!
Ota farms i guess.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by tutaboi(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thumb up to Nigerian Breweries plc. they still doing very good. i must confess
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by tutaboi(m): 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Thumb up to Nigerian Breweries plc. they still doing very good. i must confess .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does Shoprite Pay Its Employees? / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar / Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.