Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:03 AM

List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well (58961 Views)

Staff Welfare At Kaduna Electric / Funny Pics Of How Some Management Treat Their Employees / Letter To Zenith Bank Gmd,Godwin Emefiele---Poor Staff Welfare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by heyihola: 12:39am On Nov 19, 2013
What of Federal Road Safety Corps where u can hang one pip for 7 years as a fresh graduate.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Monimatic(m): 12:47am On Nov 19, 2013
NIGERIAN BREWERIES STAFF WELFARE PACKAGE IS BY FAR BETTER THAN GUINESS.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 1:04am On Nov 19, 2013
enoks: hehehehe...I owe my 1st laughter of 2day to u..u funny abeg.

IF THE OWNER OF THE CONPANY NO WANT REJECT ME THEN I WILL REJECT MYSELF.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by wiseman2: 1:44am On Nov 19, 2013
Dana Staff: Guys, please allow me apologise in advance because when I'm done talking about my company and how they treat staff, it most definitely will leave a sour taste in your earlier excited taste buds...
I work for Dana Airlines and as we speak, it is the least paid local Airline in Nigeria despite and the most staff insensitive too.

First, there is no such thing as Medicare in Dana Airlines! You are absolutely on your own if you or any of your dependants take ill. As if that is not enough, they deduct medicals from your take home and claim to pay it back at the end of the year (and call it 13th month )...the "13th month" of 2012 is yet to be paid in November, 2013.

Since January 2013, Dana Airlines hasn't paid salaries as at when due. They pay salaries of the previous month by the 21st of a new month...imagine putting the lives of unsuspecting Nigerians in the hands of hungry staff, just anything can happen.

Pensions and taxes haven't been remitted on behalf of any staff since April, 2012 yet deductions are still being made from staff salaries that come 3weeks late.

Now, after staff stood by management throughout the crash/crisis period, they stopped salaries since August and verbally put staff on what they call leave without pay (LWOP) which completely negates the terms and conditions of service as contained in staff offer letter and staff hand book.

Trainings are never done. If any is organised in house, original certificates are retained by HR and only photocopies are handed over to course participants.

We do business in aviation but our family members, even wives and children, cannot travel FOC! As a staff, you are only entitled to one free ticket when one is on annual leave and you annual leave is unpaid, but the reverse is what's written in the offer letter.

In a nutshell, going by the ratings of this conversation, I can authoritatively state that Dana Airlines is one of the most unhealthy place to work because they treat Nigerian staff like slaves in their own country.

Don't get it twisted, they make a lot of money! In the last quarter, Dana made well over a billion naira, yet they are owing staff September and October Salary without any plans to pay. As the Managing Director, Jacky Hathiramani, and his many Indian minions will say, Nigerians will be severely punished for what their Government is doing to us by grounding our operations.
The Indians pay themselves and deny Nigerian staff, that has put in his sweat and blood to serve...the joy of collecting his wages...Nigerians save our soulllll
Arik air is worse..infact the worst place to work on earth
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by deebsman1(m): 1:52am On Nov 19, 2013
Petrobras
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by pharmow: 2:27am On Nov 19, 2013
olawumia:

Which nestle branch sir? Ilupeju, Ota,agbara or flower gate?

I worked @ Agbara

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by dipillu65: 3:01am On Nov 19, 2013
What about Unilever?
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 3:44am On Nov 19, 2013
Ask AASU
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 19, 2013
powersunny: I have asked this question before and i hope someone would be able to provide me an answer now. The richest men in the US own apple, microsoft, walmart ,exxonmobil etc and these are the top companies graduates will die to work for, employers of choice, if you like.

Why are Dangote's company not the ones Nigerians will prefer to work for, despite his being the richest man in africa from the profits of his conglomerates.Same for other nigerians in the forbes list? Can anyone help with the root cause? Is there more to it than one can reason?

[b]Simple but a blunt answer. "ILLITERACY"

An illiterate does not know the benefit of research.

An illiterate does not understand the meaning of the word "Efficiency", they'll rather stick to the old manual labour rather than invest in high-tech automated machines.

An illiterate does not know the benefit of training his employees.

An illiterate does not understand the psychology of employee's welfare or safety.

An illiterate does not know how to run a modern day business (Leverage, Outsourcing, Contract purchases, etc) so they stick to the old buying and selling kind of trade.

An illiterate does not know the benefit of employees relationship / customer services.

An illiterate sees competition as a threat rather than healthy so they do anything to monopolise the market.

An illiterate does not know how to maximise profit without monopoly.

I can go on and on... Youths never drop out of school, education is incumbent and an important tool for human development.

My2Naira
[/b]

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ATMC(f): 4:07am On Nov 19, 2013
Néstle...quite good

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ATMC(f): 4:14am On Nov 19, 2013
most agro-based coys are good when it comes to salary payment and staff management...Néstle and Nigerian brewery especially

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by olly4life: 5:58am On Nov 19, 2013
Omooba77:
Why? I learnt before Intercontinental was taken from Akingbola it was one of the best run banks.................

You are damn right. Salary paid when due. Bonuses are also paid. Welfare cool. Performance bonuses are also paid, even to the drivers, non full staff. Men this government just mess up the economy wit SLS been d arrow head. Nemesis will catch up with all of them. Team Intercontinental.

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by econome(m): 6:21am On Nov 19, 2013
Ade pure water
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by adeizamusty: 6:34am On Nov 19, 2013
that true!!!
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Robertbob: 6:34am On Nov 19, 2013
FCMB Plc, most staff focused Bank.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 19, 2013
Cold blooded: Nairaland; I heard they pay dia mods well, that is why a humanbeing will ban a fellow humanbeing from Oct 2013 to 2019 undecided undecided
Shaves off ma b*lls grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Nobody: 6:57am On Nov 19, 2013
I don't think so many people on NL understands what Staff Welfare is all about. See as almost everyone is shouting about food and drink abi na so una de hungry reach?
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Christianos: 7:12am On Nov 19, 2013
hardbody:

My company pays on the 25th every month. Where the 25th falls on a weekend or pub hols they pay on the day earlier say 24th. Your official car becomes yours after 4 years and another is bought for u. When u become a senior manager you are sent to LBS and off shore training, too many benefits hence we don't or hardly leave the company. Our name.....I won't give it out. Sorry.

ASCON Oil! It's now an open secret... grin

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by jasperkrekre(m): 7:18am On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Aboki:

Tufiakwa!!!

Nigerdock wey stingy die.. angry

When I hear Staff Welfare, it must include the following

Includes;

1. Pension
2. Healthcare (for spouse and atleast 3 - 4 dependants)
3. Housing loan
4. Car loan
5. Welfare loan
6. Christmas Bonus
7. Leave Bonus
8. Employee relevant Trainings (For career growth)
9. Spouse allowance
10. Life Assurance policies
11. Workmans Compensation Insurance
12. Emphasis of HSE
13. Lunch Meals/allowance

e.t.c..

Some companies pay nonsense with great welfare packages... However, the best remains permanent staff of Multi-national companies..
so far, u are d only enlightened person i'v seen on dis thread. Dunno why pple link staff welfare to lunch and some other funny stuffs.

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by Sennard(m): 7:27am On Nov 19, 2013
[quote author=crystalballs]All mentioned are foreign coy.

what of Dangote group, Globacom, conoil, Bua sugar, okomu oil, Aiico insurance, Nicon Hilton Hotels etc.... You can give it a trial go and work in dangote may be u will last up to 1 week der dangote wetin concern dem concern ur welfare
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by gospelamaechi: 7:35am On Nov 19, 2013
PDP
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by NaLaugh: 7:55am On Nov 19, 2013
^^

3 Likes

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by deb(m): 7:59am On Nov 19, 2013

When I hear Staff Welfare, it must include the following

Includes;

1. Pension
2. Healthcare (for spouse and atleast 3 - 4 dependants)
3. Housing loan
4. Car loan
5. Welfare loan
6. Christmas Bonus
7. Leave Bonus
8. Employee relevant Trainings (For career growth)
9. Spouse allowance
10. Life Assurance policies
11. Workmans Compensation Insurance
12. Emphasis of HSE
13. Lunch Meals/allowance

e.t.c..

MULTICHOICE NIGERIA owners of DSTV, MNet, Africa magic, Supersports and GOTV pay all the above and more.
Including 13th Salary which is seperate from christmas bonus and all the food stuff that you take home in Decemeber.
They also provide daily transportation fully Air Conditioned. There are other benefits in terms of cooperative society, company shares and others benefits that I cannot just remember to mention all

The South African company rocks and knows how to take care of their own. They are contributing a lot to the economy of Nigeria with massive employment of Nigerians too

1 Like 1 Share

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by akdjr(m): 8:32am On Nov 19, 2013
Mr Biggs
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ada58: 8:39am On Nov 19, 2013
NDDC

1 Like

Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by immortaliceberg(m): 8:45am On Nov 19, 2013
NEPA grin
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by chukyjones(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2013
CBN
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by ttts(m): 8:46am On Nov 19, 2013
hardbody:

My company pays on the 25th every month. Where the 25th falls on a weekend or pub hols they pay on the day earlier say 24th. Your official car becomes yours after 4 years and another is bought for u. When u become a senior manager you are sent to LBS and off shore training, too many benefits hence we don't or hardly leave the company. Our name.....I won't give it out. Sorry.

MTN wink
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by adamawa: 8:53am On Nov 19, 2013
If not for Sanusi, OCEANIC BANK would have top the list.May God continue to bless Mama Cecilia Ibru. I know some of you will be surprised but that used to be the Best Bank in Nigeria. SLS came with his agenda and he has achieved it by taking Nigeria 20yrs back, there is nothing and I repeat nothing Mama Ibru did that other MDs did not do......name them, Aig,Jim, Tony but they belong to the right clique. God bless Nigeria, we shall never have someone like SLS again in CBN
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by charleff512(m): 8:54am On Nov 19, 2013
yuzedo: Baba Gbajabiamila and sons but no daughters Nigeria Limited 1 Silifatu Majekodumi Street, Off Iya Ewa Agoyin Road, Opposite Seun Mud "Ouse", Ota, Ogun State. Motto - Tin ba Make e, ninu Aiye e, e pemi BASCAD!! angry angry angry Supplier of hair conditioner, helectric hayon, hee-tc, hee-tc

I beg you IJN dis are a real company. Mod bro plis don't hide my poast or die for natin!! angry

You sure have a sense of humour.
Re: List of Companies That Promote Staff Welfare And Treat Them Well by kurocyte(m): 8:59am On Nov 19, 2013
cryWAEC and Police

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How Much Does Shoprite Pay Its Employees? / Nigerians React To The Hijab-Wearing Law Graduate Who Wasn't Called To Bar / Inner Galaxy Steel Company, Abia: Modern Day Slavery In The Hands Of The Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.