Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,597 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU (15977 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Fynestboi: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
boay: Please respond adequately to your punctured arguments Dr Amanda and Epaul
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Fynestboi: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism:

Mister Epaul, that is a grammatical blunder there! Use I'm next time instead of am
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Fynestboi: 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism:

Mister Epaul, that is a grammatical blunder there! Use I'm next time instead of am
leave that to the judges kindly response to the rebuttal...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul: don't we still have this same issue in post utme? It is a known fact that Candidates and kids of well-to-do parents still bribe their way through post utme. Prove to me that since the institution of post utme that universities now admit better candidates! Why do we still have students who can not write a complete a essay, who sort lecturers in our universities? Go to any university admission office and see how admission is being carried out. It is clear that post ume has failed in achieving its aim and such should be cancelled. Go and score 400 in post utme without long legs so to say and let me score 200 but have an uncle who is a friend to the VC of the university. Let's see who they will admit first.

Did you say scoring 400 marks in post utme won't grant a student his/her admission? That's a big lie! Well, maybe you can give us examples of such cases. We're eager to see such institutions.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:06pm On Nov 29, 2013
DR. AMANDA:
concerning the issue about students falling into fraudsters on net.
Do you want to tell me that universities don't have their sites whereby they make announcements about their ADMISSION PROCESS.? And also students who fall victims of this fraudsters clearly shows that those students are the one that cheated in JAMB. If you didn't cheat in JAMB while would you be afraid of Post Utme. And this has clearly shown that students fear POST JAMB than JAMB because there's no examination malpractice in JAMB and they also new that if they don't pass POST JAMB no admission...but if students are sure of themselves, they would just go and write the postjamb exam because postjamb is more easier than JAMB exams[whereby JAMB set 250 questions] and postjamb question are less than that...

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by DrAmanda(f): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
aysuccess99: @DR. AMANDA, do you want to tell me that there's no examination malpractices in JAMB examination?
and secondly, why would you say that universities conduct POST UTME to make money? don't you know that the money charged are used for the arrangement and processing of the exam, why then do you say that POST UTME is now turn to a business venture?
@aysuccess99, I'm not saying that there are no examination malpractices in JAMB but you'd agree with me that the rate of it in Post UTME is higher than that of JAMB.
To your second question, why will schools sell out more forms than their carrying capacity? Isn't it to gain more money? During the processing and arrangement that the money is spent on, don't you think they have their own commission from it?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul: don't we still have this same issue in post utme? It is a known fact that Candidates and kids of well-to-do parents still bribe their way through post utme. Prove to me that since the institution of post utme that universities now admit better candidates! Why do we still have students who can not write a complete a essay, who sort lecturers in our universities? Go to any university admission office and see how admission is being carried out. It is clear that post ume has failed in achieving its aim and such should be cancelled. Go and score 400 in post utme without long legs so to say and let me score 200 but have an uncle who is a friend to the VC of the university. Let's see who they will admit first.
there's something you must know that there's no exam malpractice in POSTJAMB.It's what you score that would determine your admission. If you say that there's exam malpractice, that shows that you did exam malpractice before you were admitted
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul please respond to your punctured arguments
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 2:13pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul:
Candidates no longer regard JAMB as an exam worthy to be taken
seriously because they feel without Post UTME their JAMB results are
but a miserable piece of paper.

Any JAMB candidates who thinks his JAMB result is miserable piece of paper because of the post utme must be one of the cowards and cheats who thinks passing JAMB is through exam malpractice. I don't see any reason any hardworking student won't be able to defend his/her JAMB result in the post utme if the candidate actually did the JAMB by himself unless the candidates is holding one of those ghost results.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dr. Amanda:

@aysuccess99, I'm not saying that there are no examination malpractices in JAMB but you'd agree with me that the rate of it in Post UTME is higher than that of JAMB.
To your second question, why will schools sell out more forms than their carrying capacity? Isn't it to gain more money? During the processing and arrangement that the money is spent on, don't you think they have their own commission from it?
i can prove to you that there are more exam malpractices in JAMB, if there no exam malpractice in JAMB, why do students who pass jamb fail postutme? it's because of the fact that they cheated in JAMB and when they don't have the chance to cheat in POST JAMB, they end up failing. Also, let's take for instance, UNILAG whereby it's one student with a computer system, how can their be cheating? Also, in other universities, students are distributed randomly whereby your partner is applying for a course that's different from yours.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Some people might argue that the various tertiary institutions who conduct the Post-UME also get involve in examination malpractice but I will say any of such institutions is doing that to its own detriment. Such schools are only digging their own grave! Admitting dull students in the name of favouritism or failure to implement strong measures to fight examination malpractice during the Post-UME will only tarnish the good name of such school in the nearest future; that is if they had any in the first place. You know how bad it is to walk naked in the public! And as a proverb said "good name is better than riches".
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Omolola1(f): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism: Should Post-UTME be conducted in Nigeria Universities?

Secondly, conduction of Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination will help many candidates to obtain educational independent and make personal academic achievement(s).

Educational Independence? Explain this further because I'm lost.
Also, if post utme helps candidates gain this 'independence', are you saying other examinations do not?
Personal Academic Achievements, now what does this mean?
Kindly expantiate.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Less than 10 minutes for puncturing arguments to be over
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by DrAmanda(f): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=aysuccess99][color=#006600] Do you want to tell me that universities don't have their sites whereby they make announcements about their ADMISSION PROCESS.? And also students who fall victims of this fraudsters clearly shows that those students are the one that cheated in JAMB. If you didn't cheat in JAMB while would you be afraid of Post Utme. And this has clearly shown that students fear POST JAMB than JAMB because there's no examination malpractice in JAMB and they also new that if they do
Some students are so desperate and they'll do literally anything possible to get admitted.
Most students are scared of UTME than Post UTME because it's nearly impossible to bribe JAMB. JAMB is also aware of how people cheat in their examinations that they've deviced a means to curb that. JAMB has changed their style/method of setting exam questions , more reason why students get scared of UTME than Post UTME, where one can easily pay the Vice Chancellor and Lecturers, and just like magic, the student is admitted.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism:

The disadvantages of not conducting the Post Unified Tertiary Matriculations Examination because of the so called "exorbitant fees" for post utme overweighs the little satisfaction of keeping your money that would have been used to register for the Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination(s). For instance, students who cheated in the previous examination(s) and through their fantastic result(s) without the post-utme gained admission will surely suffered the consequences in the future. If at the end, the student find it very difficult to cope in the course he/she chose and later change to a simpler course or he/she is forced by appropriate authorities to change the course, who lose or who is to blame? Of course, the student concerned! He/She must had pay the tuition, accommodation fee, feeding, waste lot of money in practicals and other such things and most painful, his/her precious time, which would at least be one year! Did you just say 'what a waste of resources'. This won't even be the last. Such student will felt so ashamed and have a life-long regretful story to tell his/her generation. All this wouldn't have happen if the post utme had been done. Just as Derek Bok said, "if you think education is expensive, try ignorance."

Now, I want to ask you a question. Between the cost a student incur during the post utme and the latter "consequences" of not doing the post utme because of the "huge cost" for this examination, which do you think is more expensive?
on the contrary, post utme has not justified the exorbitant cost candidates incur writing it. It is an open secret that most candidates after spending such amount of money, scored high in post utme and beat the stipulated cut off are rejected whereas candidates who burn the candle at both ends, who didn't reach the cut off mark are admitted because they have long legs. Let me ask you is it every student in university of Ibadan that merited their admission? The answer to that question is a big No. So tell me how has post utme justified the cost incurred by an assidious candidate whose admission slot was taken by a rather indolent candidate who bribed his way through? If post utme can not justified the cost candidates incur then there's no need for such cost
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
Judges you can now ask debaters questions. You have 20 minutes for this
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Omolola1(f): 2:24pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism: Should Post-UTME be conducted in Nigeria Universities?

This is because this examination enable each school to scrutinize all its aspirants thoroughly on a one-to-one basis. [/color]

Mr. Damitism, could you explain the above?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
No more puncturing arguments or responding to counter-arguments by debaters, you only need to respond to questions by the judges
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
No more puncturing arguments or responding to counter-arguments by debaters, you only need to respond to questions by the judges. You have less than 20mimutes
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dr. Amanda:

@aysuccess99,
i would tell you that the answer to this your question is NO. Why would they sell out form more than their carrying capacities? it's not possible. Every students who pass the JAMB cut-off for different school is eligible to buy the form for POST JAMB examination and there are given the free advantage to fight for admission slot and when you pass the exam you are sure of admission. But it is because of the fact that students fail postutme that's why we do say that the school sells form more than their carrying capacity.
And do you want to tell me that JAMB doesn't sell forms more than the number of students that would be admitted?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by DrAmanda(f): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
[quote author=aysuccess99][color=#006600]i can prove to you that there are more exam malpractices in JAMB, if there no exam malpractice in JAMB, why do students who pass jamb fail postutme? it's because of the fact that they cheated in JAMB and when they don't have the chance to cheat in POST JAMB, they end up failing. Also, let's take for instance, UNILAG whereby it's one student with a computer system, how can their be cheating? Also, in other universities, students are distributed randomly whereby your

What about a situation whereby the student didn't pass JAMB but passed Post UTME and that student was admitted just because he/she used his/her long legs?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism:

Did you say scoring 400 marks in post utme won't grant a student his/her admission? That's a big lie! Well, maybe you can give us examples of such cases. We're eager to see such institutions.
the question was not whether or not you will not be given admission. The question was who will be given admission first?.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
aysuccess, Dr Amanda and Epaul please play by the rule. You can only respond to questions by judges
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Omolola1(f): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
aysuccess99: i can prove to you that there are more exam malpractices in JAMB, if there no exam malpractice in JAMB, why do students who pass jamb fail postutme? it's because of the fact that they cheated in JAMB and when they don't have the chance to cheat in POST JAMB, they end up failing. Also, let's take for instance, UNILAG whereby it's one student with a computer system, how can their be cheating? Also, in other universities, students are distributed randomly whereby your partner is applying for a course that's different from yours.

And how do candidates who fail Post Utme get admitted into the university?
Now, I ask you, what makes post utme different from jamb when it comes to cheating? Apart from the random distribution and computer-based test. .
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Omolola1:

Educational Independence? Explain this further because I'm lost.
Also, if post utme helps candidates gain this 'independence', are you saying other examinations do not?
Personal Academic Achievements, now what does this mean?
Kindly expantiate.

Educational independence in this case means the student will be free from "examination malpractice slavery". A student who failed the post utme because he/she had been previous helped in the JAMB exams will not want that to occur again in the future. He/she will then trained herself/himself academically" thereby setting herself/himself free from "examinations helpers or whatsoever" which means he/she is now independent.
Other examination bodies like west africa examination council (waec), JAMB etc don't permit this because they don't do their exam on a one-to-one basis. This then enable the student to continue to depend on others for exam help.
Passing a post utme is an achievement any student can boast of anywhere unlike jamb which is fill with cheats. Thanks!!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
aysuccess99: there's something you must know that there's no exam malpractice in POSTJAMB.It's what you score that would determine your admission. If you say that there's exam malpractice, that shows that you did exam malpractice before you were admitted
so what about the malpractice in UNN in 2012? Was that not malpractice?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul: so what about the malpractice in UNN in 2012? Was that not malpractice?
YOU ARE WARNED ! !! !!!
You can only answer questions by the judges. You didnt respond to your counter-argument on time when you should
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Omolola1:

Mr. Damitism, could you explain the above?
This means the post utme allow each universities to test all the aspirants on their own before they give them admission. Other exams bodies do not allow the universities to do this
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Judges, please ask the debaters questions

Debaters, please respond to judges' questions
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 2:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
Omolola1:

And how do candidates who fail Post Utme get admitted into the university?
Now, I ask you, what makes post utme different from jamb when it comes to cheating? Apart from the random distribution and computer-based test. .
It's so true that there's more exam malpractice in JAMB than in POSTJAMB. About the fact that those who fail POST JAMB are given admission, any institution or university that normally do that do it at their own risk and also such students are those that don't have their certificates or they are denied their certificate because the admission given to them would be fake and sooner or later when cross checking of results is done, they would be reprimanded and moreover, I can clearly beat my chest that it's not all institution that does that act e.g UI, I could remember when the daughter of the VC of UI failed POST JAMB,she was denied admission and she had to retake the exam.

2 Likes

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 2:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
aysuccess you have a question unanswered by Omolola1
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Omolola1(f): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism:
This means the post utme allow each universities to test all the aspirants on their own before they give them admission. Other exams bodies do not allow the universities to do this

And educational independence?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekpoma Indigenes Protest In AAU Over Sack Of Security Officers, Cleaners (Photo) / Nigerian Students Top Indian University In Accountancy And Physcology / Which Of These Punishment Did You Hate Most During Your High School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.