Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,442 members, 7,819,633 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:37 PM

Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU (15978 Views)

LASU Vs IBADAN POLY : Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: IBADAN POLY / UNILORIN--FUNAAB: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: FUNAAB / OAU--ABU ZARIA: Nairaland Interschool Debate: WINNER: OAU (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 3:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
Let the question-and -answer continue
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 3:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
boay:

Our well esteemed judges, you can send the result to vdhammey@gmail.com after the compilation
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 29, 2013
snoopy:

in as much as the post utme is not entirely fool-proof, one cannot remove the fact that it has helped to a certain degree in admitting more qualified candidates. In post utme, the logistics, man-power and general organisation are not as complex as that of jamb where exams are taken simultaneously across different centres around the country as against post utme where exams are taken at different dates according to a schedule and with the adoption of the computer-based testing. dont you think this in itself helps to contain malpractices to a minimal level and increases the credibility of the exams at least better than what obtains at jamb?
although malpractice in post utme is minimal it still has not curb malpractice inherent in the admission process. He that offends in one has offend in all. Malpractice is malpractice. As a matter of fact the rot in the university admission has increased even more than it was. You would agree with me that most Students admitted in our universities were not worthy of admission. If universities feel they have the manpower to curb malpractice, what's wrong if then join hands with jamb as one body to stem the tide of malpractice?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by snoopy(m): 3:39pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul: although malpractice in post utme is minimal it still has not curb malpractice inherent in the admission process. He that offends in one has offend in all. Malpractice is malpractice. As a matter of fact the rot in the university admission has increased even more than it was. You would agree with me that most Students admitted in our universities were not worthy of admission. If universities feel they the manpower to curb, what's wrong if then join hands with jamb as one body to stem the tide of malpractice?

my question wasn't about whether or not there's malpractice at post utme level or at the admission process, we all know they are both susceptible to being compromised at varying degrees. my question was that given the circumstances at which post utme is held and in which malpractices are usually minimal as you have agreed, doesn't it suggest that it actually helps to a certain measure in admitting the most qualified candidates which is the ultimate objective and therefore cannot be ruled out as irrelevant?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 3:40pm On Nov 29, 2013
Omolola1: What about a situation whereby the student didn't pass JAMB but passed Post UTME and that student was admitted just because he/she used his/her long legs?
If I'm not mistaken, dr. Amanda, made the above statement...

How can a student fail jamb and then go ahead to write post utme?
Epaul and Dr Amanda have you replied this?
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
maclatunji: @Epaul, provide evidence that Post-UTME is mandatory in schools, Dr. Amanda says EBSU did not hold one in a certain year.
it is a universal truth that all universities conduct post utme. However high your Jamb score you will not be offer admission if you don't sit for their post ume. That makes it mandatory. It means you can not by-pass it. As to the issue of EBSU Not conducting post utme. You must understand that for the fact that taking post utme is mandatory, universities still have power to decide not to conduct it.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 3:47pm On Nov 29, 2013
All debaters can give their submission as we expect the result
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by maclatunji: 3:49pm On Nov 29, 2013
Epaul: it is a universal truth that all universities conduct post utme. However high your Jamb score you will not be offer admission if you don't sit for their post ume. That makes it mandatory. It means you can not by-pass it. As to the issue of EBSU Not conducting post utme. You must understand that for the fact that taking post utme is mandatory, universities still have power to decide not to conduct it.

Oh dear!

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 3:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
boay:

Our well esteemed judges, you can send the result to vdhammey@gmail.com after the compilation
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by maclatunji: 3:53pm On Nov 29, 2013
^

Check your mail O.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by agrovick(m): 3:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
Result loading.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 3:56pm On Nov 29, 2013

Conclusively, it is expendient to inform us that POST UTME test has a correlation with excellent and quality academic output. For instance, UI has produced more First Class graduates occasioned by the best than before the test was introduced. Prior to the introduction of the test, UI produced 234 First Class graduates but after its introduction UI produced 320 First Class graduates and even more in the years ahead. Observable improvement is clearly discernible for all to perceive unless there's a resort to the ostrich's self delusion of burring one's head to the sand.
With all these facts, I hope that we can see reasons why POSTJAMB must be conducted in Nigeria Universities. Thank You.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 3:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
boay:
Epaul and Dr Amanda have you replied this?
what we meant what was that a student who scored very low in Jamb say 180 (of course even though 180 is the cut off for state university, you and I know that 180 over 400 is a fail mark), ends up scoring high in post utme. Such turn in events raises ones eye-brow. If a candidate can not score 200 in an examination of 400 marks with much time, how could the same candidate score so high in post ume that affords candidates little time to answer question? you can sing the I believe in miracle song for all i care. Such occurrence is not unconnected to the fact that post ume has copious achilles heels
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 4:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Oga, kindly put this result in a grid form and use Judge 1 and 2 for each debater. I assume this is the average score from both judges but a breakdown would help everybody.
My fellow will do that. Thanks
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 4:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
I will be glad to know how you arrived at those scores! I wasn't surprised at all considering how omotola was attacking me! It was like she was bent on seeing UI fall. Imagining asking the same questions umpteen times! Thanks to her, delsu won! I can now go on and enjoy my sleep after I waste my resources!
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Fynestboi: 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
maclatunji:

Oga, kindly put this result in a grid form and use Judge 1 and 2 for each debater. I assume this is the average score from both judges but a breakdown would help everybody.
that was a mistake and not the right score.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 4:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, debaters, judges and organisers thanks for being a part of this. God bless you.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Omolola1(f): 4:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism: I will be glad to know how you arrived at those scores! I wasn't surprised at all considering how omotola was attacking me! It was like she was bent on seeing UI fall. Imagining asking the same questions umpteen times! Thanks to her, delsu won! I can now go on and enjoy my sleep after I waste my resources!

Why am I not surprised?
You need to be taught a lesson or two on manners.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fynestboi: that was a mistake and not the right score.
please what's the right score....@damitism, am sorry for all what happened.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by snoopy(m): 4:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
Damitism: I will be glad to know how you arrived at those scores! I wasn't surprised at all considering how omotola was attacking me! It was like she was bent on seeing UI fall. Imagining asking the same questions umpteen times! Thanks to her, delsu won! I can now go on and enjoy my sleep after I waste my resources!

lol @ bolded. i can imagine how tough it can be when judges persistently focus on you grin grin
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 29, 2013
yeah, i concur. Dr.Amanda didn't answer any question and ran away, how can she scored the high mark.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by agrovick(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
From the Judges desk
UNIBADAN ended up with a grand total of 73 marks out of the available 100 while DELSU ends up with 78/100.
Going by this result, I hereby declare DELSU the winner of this debate

NB: i will post the breakdown as soon as possible
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
wait for the break down.....
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Fynestboi: 4:15pm On Nov 29, 2013
FrancisTony: yeah, i concur. Dr.Amanda didn't answer any question and ran away, how can she scored the high mark.
amanda was off but the first speaker was around and remember the score are joint to get the total...
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fynestboi: that was a mistake and not the right score.

1 Like

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by Damitism: 4:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Fynestboi: amanda was off but the first speaker was around and remember the score are joint to get the total...
Holy Jesus! And you said it is only a debater who the question is directed to that can answer it! What a .......! What a waste of my time, never again, never! It has been a while i felt so cheated. *stands up, shake head, and walks out by unfollowing the thread thinking something is fishy about the result*
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by AbuMikey(m): 4:24pm On Nov 29, 2013

Easy Man!!!

Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
@ Damitism
The question by the judges is only for clarification, it is different from those by other debaters. If the judges dont need any clarification about your essay they wont ask you any question. If your main essay is convincing enough to the judges, you may escape questions from them.

Remember you are in the gathering of intellectuals.
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by olalerey(m): 4:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
Am not susprised at dis result at al! since omolola has been asking DAMITISM several qusetions without asking frm d other side(delsu) ,i will be glad to knw d breakdown of d result.......I REMAIN TEAMUITES
Re: Nairaland Interschool Debate::Winner:DELSU by boay(m): 4:27pm On Nov 29, 2013
olalerey: Am not susprised at dis result at al! since omolola has been asking DAMITISM several qusetions without asking frm d other side(delsu) ,i will be glad to knw d breakdown of d result.......I REMAIN TEAMUITES
The question by the judges is only for clarification, it is different from those by other debaters. If the judges dont need any clarification about your essay they wont ask you any question. If your main essay is convincing enough to the judges, you may escape questions from them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerian Students Top Indian University In Accountancy And Physcology / Ekpoma Indigenes Protest In AAU Over Sack Of Security Officers, Cleaners (Photo) / Which Of These Punishment Did You Hate Most During Your High School Days?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.