Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,197 members, 7,818,656 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 PM

. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / . (4048 Views)

Is Gej The Worst President That Has Ruled Nigeria Amongst Others? / CNN-Isha Sesay: Disrespecful To Nigerian President / How Much Does The Nigerian President Gets As Salary ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Nobody: 6:14am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by ObiOkpor(m): 6:17am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: Thats why other countries dont take Nigeria seriously.you have a president wearing cowboy hat and gown from 18century ,the soccer players jerseys are extra large and obstructs flexibility,the police uniforms are extra large for the skinny officers,Most Nigerian police officers have very bad body odour.
Until africa get our poo right we will continue to be laughing stock of the world. Lets face it and stop deceiving ourselves :most of the traditional nigerian culture except the food are backward and incompatible with modern advanced and progressive society.do you see japanese wearing robes? are greeks still wearing robes? only africans are backward like this,we did not even explore beyond our villages .thank God for progressive cultures such as English,portuguese and japanese we would still be living in mud huts.
nigeria doesn't even have to invent anything all nigeria has to do is implement what has already been invented.
as an official language ,English,suit and tie is a universal language and dress code. majority of the streets and cities should be named in english after the geography and features. like Calabar,Port Harcourt , cross river state, ,Allen Avenue ,Talltree Road,Hillside Avenue,Uphill Road etc those names sound more appealing and non tribal.

nigeria also needs well planned and organized suburbs,buy all the lands,demolish everything and build modern homes and apartment buildings neatly. demolish all villages and move them to the cities.use the lands for commercial agriculture and wind turbines.

change the Naira to Nigerian Dollars
minister of national planning,u do well.

1 Like

Re: . by pendusky(m): 7:55am On Nov 19, 2013
De-Hero:
I never knew those ar d qualities of a Good President... even suit and neck-rope follow join.
grin grin grin funny you. i think op is talking about the dress sense and the physique, notwithstanding i dont support the motion, if we dont promote our culture, who will?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by lagcity(m): 8:08am On Nov 19, 2013
Onlytruth: Tell the North that if they want to produce a Nigerian president in this century, they should look carefully at Dangote and his suit and tie. cheesy
"Agbada" (though African and Nigerian) reminds us of corrupt and "ba komi" leadership of the past that cares little about future.
The only man that wears Agbada that I know -who claims incorruptibility- is too skinny, with a long neck, so he won't fit into a suit. cheesy

You must not have seen skinny Paul Kagame. Dude fits perfectly in a suit.
Re: . by ba7man(m): 8:17am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: Sadly our culture is backward and not worth promoting into the future they are however worth being in the history museum as a reminder of past mistakes and lessons learned.
we must now bow our head in humbleness and shame and go back to the drawing board.
I don't want my child to wear agbada or efik bangles or speak ijaw . i am telling outright ,our ancestors unfortunately lacked the zeal to explore and thats why Everyone in a country like Sweden speaks swedish but in africa we have different tribes and languages on every street,its all because of our selfish uncooperative mentality..
we must now move on to greater heights and pave the way for future generations.for once dont think about yourself,think about the coming generations and your society.Invest billions into education sector and mental awareness.

Slow down.........I'm also of the same school of thot that our traditions held us back but you're taking yours too far.
Re: . by Nobody: 8:18am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by adorable29(f): 8:29am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: People need tough Love .Entire cities ,villages and towns have to be demolished but the end result will be good.

Entire cities, villages and towns destroyed....... Guy, you watch too many American movies!
Re: . by nerodenero: 8:52am On Nov 19, 2013
It is good that you are passionate about the people and the Country. As I have said before, I agree with some of your points about instituting changes where needed but there are some areas I totally disagree with you.
fatwallet: this is 21st century and there's nothing to gain by holding on to such repressive ,Restrictive and backward cultures which encourages tribalism and bigotry. we should only read them in history books
I agree with the fact that ethnic bigotry is one of the challenges that has brought us to this level.In fact, it has reduced our national growth.
fatwallet: our new culture is suit and tie and English
This is one area I totally disagree with you. Why dump your own culture calling it names like "repressive ,Restrictive and backward cultures" while celebrating the white man's culture? Do you think the white man will take it easy if you call what they believe repressive, restrictive and backward?For crying out loud, do you think a white man will have this kind of mentality of yours, dumping his suit,tie and his language for our own babariga/agbada or ewu ati buba and embracing our local dialect? As I have said, we are on the same page based on some issues but some I totally disagree.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by jhidey08(m): 9:17am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: Thats why other countries dont take Nigeria seriously.you have a president wearing cowboy hat and gown from 18century ,the soccer players jerseys are extra large and obstructs flexibility,the police uniforms are extra large for the skinny officers,Most Nigerian police officers have very bad body odour.
Until africa get our poo right we will continue to be laughing stock of the world. Lets face it and stop deceiving ourselves :most of the traditional nigerian culture except the food are backward and incompatible with modern advanced and progressive society.do you see japanese wearing robes? are greeks still wearing robes? only africans are backward like this,we did not even explore beyond our villages .thank God for progressive cultures such as English,portuguese and japanese we would still be living in mud huts.
nigeria doesn't even have to invent anything all nigeria has to do is implement what has already been invented.
as an official language ,English,suit and tie is a universal language and dress code. majority of the streets and cities should be named in english after the geography and features. like Calabar,Port Harcourt , cross river state, ,Allen Avenue ,Talltree Road,Hillside Avenue,Uphill Road etc those names sound more appealing and non tribal.

nigeria also needs well planned and organized suburbs,buy all the lands,demolish everything and build modern homes and apartment buildings neatly. demolish all villages and move them to the cities.use the lands for commercial agriculture and wind turbines.

y must we imitate dem? We av our own culture in Africa derefore we must keep practising dem. U 4 even advise Nigerians 2b celebrating Hallowen festivals instead of argungu festival. Y can't dis oyinbo pple imitate us. U jst av dis crazy sense of reasoning. Use ur head na
Re: . by Nobody: 9:20am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by jhidey08(m): 9:22am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: but why would you want to resist English,suit and tie? its because of our stubborn selfish behaviour we are here today,we need to change our behaviour be more calm,humble and reasonable.
I really admire the japanese the way they behave,they only copy the good western innovation while still maintaining a clean culture,they're very calm but intelligent and progressive.japanese do not even migrate to other countries ,they dont give anyone the opportunity to be racist towards them.even when they migrate they often form nice communities and live in peace.only black people complain all the time instead of doing something worthwhile.
instead of us to shut up and use the bloody oil money for betterment of society we are messing around . Nigeria will never be wealthier than it is today.what will happen when oil runs out? in fact demand is rapidly declining and we are fooling around with our generations future..
Some morons will start accusing me of inferiority complex,do you see japanese complaining ?only black people love to complain ,make up egyptian stories and clinge on to our backward culture.yes i said it! our cultures are backward and tribalistic.we need to embrace progressive modern culture.
as mumu-ish as u aя̩̥̊ε̲̣̣̣̥, u've 4gotten dat suit wearing in dier land is as a result of dier weather, y would I wear suit insyd sun? Isn't dat madness? Use ur brain na, guy!
Re: . by Nobody: 9:25am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by jhidey08(m): 9:25am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: i did not say we should celebrate halloween. do the japanese celebrate halloween?which parts of the culture did japanese copy and made their own? lets do that too.
no1 is holding u na, u can start doin all doze things by impossing it on ur immediate family. No offences pls#
Re: . by jhidey08(m): 9:29am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: Portuga,spain and greece have subtropical climates.
youngman, portugan and greece r totally different 4rm Nigeria. We've copied d copiable things 4rm dem, bt as far as dressing is concerned, we no fit change am. @least I've had contacts wit so many British, Indian and American lecturers in my skul, I've neva seen dem on suit, dey wear shirt and trousers only. When u're in Rome, u behave lyk Romans
Re: . by chaplin4u: 9:52am On Nov 19, 2013

I wonder for the above person. Must you loose your personality as a nation just because you think that is what will make Nigeria belong in the committee of nations? Our good old traditional values are dear and hold water. Our President wears native attire demonstrating culture. I love Nigeria and if you are sick of it, renounce your citizenship.
Re: . by gerald09(m): 9:56am On Nov 19, 2013

Dude like Seriously!! Why don't we just change our name to the United states of America African branch, so we dress, act and walk like dem. Please tell me how wearing proper African attire makes one primitive, people like u leave d shores of african and presume dat US has it ryt. Yes africa have big, massive issues but changing our culture aint our problem, heck dats our straight, check out india, dere culture is what makes dem stronger. U come here to show how lost u are and expect us to support ur ignorance. Dat is y each time africans make a move everyone ask if the US or UK did it dat way. Wearing African cloths don't make 1 corrupt it makes u proud of ur culture, I leave in d UK and I wear my traditional to Uni as much as I can n everybody loves it n most of my friends both from Africa n beyond try to wear dere own cultural cloths. So stop spilling BS.
Re: . by Nobody: 10:00am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by jhidey08(m): 10:07am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: I'm Ignorant?you are an I.diot to say the least,just go jump off the London bridge with your s.tupid traditional wear or look for an empty cold alley and stab yourself with a rusty knife.
jst accept d truth he jst told u.

Re: . by Nobody: 10:13am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by jhidey08(m): 10:36am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: I'm not gay so I cant F.uck you gay piece of S.hit. but I wish you freeze in your cold lonely small london apartment.
do u av problem in understanding English or wot? God punish ur English teacher
Re: . by Nobody: 10:45am On Nov 19, 2013

Clap for yourself.mu+mu I wonder if your type will remember the road to your village if incidentally you secure a visa to...

Malawi undecided
Re: . by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by nerodenero: 11:39am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: I'm Ignorant?you are an I.diot to say the least,just go jump off the London bridge with your s.tupid traditional wear or look for an empty cold alley and stab yourself with a rusty knife.
The dude you just told you the obvious.We are Africans and Nigerians at that.We are smart despite all our challenges.We might have succumbed to the white's man bullshit in the past, but we have identity and we know what is best for us.Your views dont represent the general feeling of the majority.I suggest you align accordingly with ours.
Re: . by jhidey08(m): 11:49am On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: IF I EVER BECAME THE PRESIDENT IDIOTS LIKE YOU WOULD BE KILLED BY FIRING SQUAD,IT WILL NOT BE A SECRET,I WOULD PULL THE TRIGGER LIVE ON TV TO SEND A MESSAGE TO OTHER COWARDS LIKE YOU.
YOU ARE A HINDRANCE TO PROGRESS,YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF A PROGRESSIVE STATE AND YOU WILL BE DESTROYED WEARING YOUR STUPID TRADITIONAL CLOTH.WHAT TRIBE ARE YOU FROM?IF YOUR ANSWER IS NOT "NIGERIA" YOU ARE GONE
and dat's y u'll neva smell councillorship nt 2 tlk of Presidency. U lack simple thinking ability. U mean dat ur big head (32gb) is jst big 4 nothing, it is as empty as a dead man's skull. Smh 4u
Re: . by Nobody: 3:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: IF I EVER BECAME THE PRESIDENT IDIOTS LIKE YOU WOULD BE KILLED BY FIRING SQUAD,IT WILL NOT BE A SECRET,I WOULD PULL THE TRIGGER LIVE ON TV TO SEND A MESSAGE TO OTHER COWARDS LIKE YOU.
YOU ARE A HINDRANCE TO PROGRESS,YOU ARE AN ENEMY OF A PROGRESSIVE STATE AND YOU WILL BE DESTROYED WEARING YOUR STUPID TRADITIONAL CLOTH.WHAT TRIBE ARE YOU FROM?IF YOUR ANSWER IS NOT "NIGERIA" YOU ARE GONE
be guided my dear wink

Re: . by eaglechild: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
fatwallet: I'm sorry but these cultures below are backward and belong in African history Museum .those guys dont look like they'll be going to the moon soon .this is 21st century and there's nothing to gain by holding on to such repressive ,Restrictive and backward cultures which encourages tribalism and bigotry. we should only read them in history books .
our new culture is suit and tie and English,Japan's new culture is also suit and tie.there are even lots of american and British teachers teaching English in Japan,phillipines ,China and Malaysia now .I love and admire the Japanese people so much,you have to take a visit to Hokkaido to understand .
Tell me why are igbos deported from lagos and yoruba from akwaibom despite the fact they were born and raised there? yet the white man gives you citizenship for his country he built,thats to show you how the wicked heart of a Nigerian operates,If God had bestowed on the black man the knowledge he gave to the white man we would have done more evil in the world.
You are a scum product of neocolonialism.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: . by Nobody: 9:57pm On Nov 19, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zakzaky Identifies Soldier Who Shot His 3 Sons / Gov Oshiomhole: “we Found Nothing Incriminating Against President Jonathan... / Peter Obi Left Anambra Wallowing In Muds & Dirts- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.