Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,659 members, 7,816,689 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World - Islam for Muslims (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World (32735 Views)

Three Important Principles In The Modern Hijrah / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / 9 Great Events In Ramadan That Changed History And Shaped The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by AkoloPeters(m): 8:00am On Nov 21, 2013
I am only concern about d date, it's only numbers wit no specific period BC, AD or dia own. Big question mark abi?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by pmc01(m): 8:15am On Nov 21, 2013
Arcsniper: I see this as advertising of religion. I no insult anybody o or anything thing o...pleas forgive and 4get.what does religion has to do with invention. What's in ur brain is in ur brain.

What has religion got to do with terrorism? The wickedness in your heart is simply in your heart. Does that address the issue?

cool

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by mckemsoc(m): 8:24am On Nov 21, 2013
Goldenbrown549: i tot they say christianity preaches love and peace frm the comments i've read so far it is deduced xtians really harbour hatred for us, anytin relating to islam is seen as a threat to them, does islamic inventions in science stop u frm going to church if jesus were alive nw reading the coments frm his supposed followers here wld he be pleased? the work of muslims in the sciences can neva b undamined alcohol, alkaline, algebra e.t.c were discovered by muslims y'all can go fvck yaselves

Christians doesn't hate you anything...It's obvious that foundation of Modern Civilization is layed @ Middle East (Jews/Arabs/Pensians). That's where its root started and I would love to hear you say it exactly as it is not distorting some facts. Just because some of the pioneers are/were Muslims doesn't make it an Islamic root/invention.

They didn't invent what they did because of their Religious affiliations but because they were smart and with the resources @ their disposal.

"Necessity is the mother of invention" as d saying goes. It didn't say Religion is d precursor of invention. Though some Religious Dogma/believe could help foster or hinders it.

My point - just because modern Civilization foundation was layed @ Middle East and they're predominately Muslims 2day or then does'nt make it an Islamic Civilization.

MY OPINION ANYWAY! grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Anaskie(m): 8:43am On Nov 21, 2013
Logicbwoy: First of all, when CNN criticizes islam or an islamic country, it is dubbed as "Western media", "biased islamophobic media", "Jewish controlled media"......etc. Now that it is praising islam (albeit with falsehoods) you post it here like some piece of good news to be shared......smh

8. Muhammed (PBUH) did not invent the toothbrush neither was he the earliest to use a chewing stick.

4. Universities? Seriously? The first "proper" university would be the University at Bologna. If we want to stretch it, your muslim universities would have to give way to Plato

7. Music? Ironic how some schools of islam find music to be haraam. Arans ha their instruments just as Europeans had their own musical instruments. But seriously, the way muslims like to compare themselves with Europe is alarming. Asians and Africans had their own music too!! Tbaba, it is shameful that you an African, couldnt see the ethnocentrism in this....

Tbaba, you are smarter than this.

Anyhoo, my comment will be a waste because it is the truth and we know that some pained by the truth will run to Maclatunji to hide the truth undecided

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by akpanbaba: 8:44am On Nov 21, 2013
They have also invented TERRORISM that shaped the world.Infact this particular invention has destroyed whatever efforts they have made in the past.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by glb2012: 8:56am On Nov 21, 2013
Kei144: It is not Muslim, but Arab. Yemenis were non-muslim people before Islam overtook them. Islam actually slowed down the civilization of Arab countries.
Pls tell them....Not all arabs are muslims
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maryam8080: 9:33am On Nov 21, 2013
Anybody can invent anything if you are endowed you are. It shouldn’t be linked to ones religion. Most people that invented almost all the useful things we are seeing today are from the “Christian world” and I have not seen anything like “Christian invention”. The mobile phones we have today are from the “Asian world” and I have not seen them coming out to claim Hindu or Buddhist invention. Honestly, even if it were the Muslims that invented all is mentioned above it is too shabby to link it to Islamic religion. Anybody can invent anything if you are endowed you are. It shouldn't be linked to one's religion. Most people that invented almost all the useful things we are seeing today are from the “Christian world” and I have not seen anything like “Christian invention”. The mobile phones we have today are from the “Asian world” and I have not seen them coming out to claim Hindu or "Buddhist invention". Honestly, even if it were the Muslims that invented all that is mentioned above it is too shabby to link it to Islamic religion. If I may ask, "What do we gain from this? Is it going to change the situation of education in this Country called Nigeria? or is it going to stop the corruption practices raking the economy of this country? it is time we grow up and face the reality on ground. The so called Muslims, Christians and Hindu/Buddhist living in the American world or Asian world or the middle eastern world are not facing the situation you are facing here(Nigeria). They don't know that the price of a bag of rice has gone up beyond the reach of the poor, the roads that are death traps, the bomb blast from the BH killing both Muslims and Christians is not their headache! Come to think of it, these inventions were made in the past; you that posted this article what have you invented in this your country called Nigeria? What can you boast of? Let’s put our house in order and enjoy the peace we should for without peace nothing can be archived. The Syrians are living their country and crossing the Mediterranean sea to Europe countries without minding the danger because it seems that they will enjoy peaceful environment over there. They are not minding their religion or way of life. Let us think oooo!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by bankyman(m): 10:08am On Nov 21, 2013
I see sentiments and hatred everywhere here..... If you need information please go and learn about civilization, so many inventions had religious undertone to it. In the Arab world, there were sufis who from their knowledge of the Islamic scriptures delved into research and made some good discoveries and so it is with other faith. It is true and you can go find a book called Man, God and Civilization and then do some other findings with an open heart. Why condemn each other based on the fact the some people take it to themselves to murder in the name of religion. They are stupid and other attacking each other on wrong premises are using them as pedestals to act more stupidly. Religion had effect on civilization and also vice-versa the difference just lies in the timeline where either of both occurred. Patience be exercised and matters be looked into critically and harmony be sough rather than let sentiments deny us the opportunity of learning from each other. Information and Education should be the watchword.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by bankyman(m): 10:24am On Nov 21, 2013
maryam8080: Anybody can invent anything if you are endowed you are. It shouldn’t be linked to ones religion. Most people that invented almost all the useful things we are seeing today are from the “Christian world” and I have not seen anything like “Christian invention”. The mobile phones we have today are from the “Asian world” and I have not seen them coming out to claim Hindu or Buddhist invention. Honestly, even if it were the Muslims that invented all is mentioned above it is too shabby to link it to Islamic religion. Anybody can invent anything if you are endowed you are. It shouldn't be linked to one's religion. Most people that invented almost all the useful things we are seeing today are from the “Christian world” and I have not seen anything like “Christian invention”. The mobile phones we have today are from the “Asian world” and I have not seen them coming out to claim Hindu or "Buddhist invention". Honestly, even if it were the Muslims that invented all that is mentioned above it is too shabby to link it to Islamic religion. If I may ask, "What do we gain from this? Is it going to change the situation of education in this Country called Nigeria? or is it going to stop the corruption practices raking the economy of this country? it is time we grow up and face the reality on ground. The so called Muslims, Christians and Hindu/Buddhist living in the American world or Asian world or the middle eastern world are not facing the situation you are facing here(Nigeria). They don't know that the price of a bag of rice has gone up beyond the reach of the poor, the roads that are death traps, the bomb blast from the BH killing both Muslims and Christians is not their headache! Come to think of it, these inventions were made in the past; you that posted this article what have you invented in this your country called Nigeria? What can you boast of? Let’s put our house in order and enjoy the peace we should for without peace nothing can be archived. The Syrians are living their country and crossing the Mediterranean sea to Europe countries without minding the danger because it seems that they will enjoy peaceful environment over there. They are not minding their religion or way of life. Let us think oooo!

The situation in Nigeria differs from this other places, the OP if i may guess is only trying to enlightened some people about the beauty of Islam and the place where it ought to be not to spite others (what have they got to show for it now). The purpose should have been to remind the Muslim populace the position of Islam on education and inventions so as to motivate the Nigerian Islamic generation on the need to harness the bounties that lie therein in its religion. Some of the pertinent issues raised by you can would be of no issue if most of the populace knew what you knew. Some of the youth just need this motivation and kindly look at things from this angle and not condemn the OP. I guess he meant well.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by jimino(m): 10:31am On Nov 21, 2013
Y is boko haram diferent? Y r dey distroying in d name of islam?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Harbdhul(m): 11:01am On Nov 21, 2013
hotwax: Its either this was published by a muslim or CNN is trying to romance muslims.

This article is all lie

Hmm...CNN will lose credibility it they keep publishing this kind of reports. Most of the facts in this article can be challenged. Back in 1500 BC in India, Sushruta compiled "Sushruta Samhita" that described seven branches of surgery: Excision, Scarification, Puncturing, Exploration, Extraction, Evacuation, and Suturing. Several universities, including Nalanda, existed in India way before 859 AD. India is the birthplace of many mathematic concepts, including zero (invented by Aryabhatta in the 5th BC), decimal system, square and cube roots. Toothbrush popularized by Prophet Mohammed? How silly is that - chew sticks has been common in most ancient civilizations, - and the bristle toothbrush was invented in China in the 15th century.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by kalybaly: 11:11am On Nov 21, 2013
No they dont want to hear anything good about muslims. So much that they will cloud their own clear reasoning just to extinguish the light of Islam. I got something for you.. The muslims dont own islam... God does as the Quran says" We have taken it upon ourselves to the protector of Islam.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by intentional(f): 11:19am On Nov 21, 2013
eminikan soso:
Product of America.
School in america
Trained by Americans
experiment in America

And bombed America...
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by waxingmoon: 11:29am On Nov 21, 2013
Cubeet: I thought they said Education is a Sin.How come were they the first to invent or start or introduce a University

They said western education.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maryam8080: 11:31am On Nov 21, 2013
bankyman:

The situation in Nigeria differs from this other places, the OP if i may guess is only trying to enlightened some people about the beauty of Islam and the place where it ought to be not to spite others (what have they got to show for it now). The purpose should have been to remind the Muslim populace the position of Islam on education and inventions so as to motivate the Nigerian Islamic generation on the need to harness the bounties that lie therein in its religion. Some of the pertinent issues raised by you can would be of no issue if most of the populace knew what you knew. Some of the youth just need this motivation and kindly look at things from this angle and not condemn the OP. I guess he meant well.
The mistake of the OP is to link this to religion. You can see the result, the discussion now is based on religion, is no longer to educate the people as you said, presentation of issue/matter is very important. As I said before, everybody is endowed and it is left for one to use his endowment to affect the society positively and not necessarily dragging religion into it. After all, that one invented something does not in away make him/her better Muslim or christian or even Hindu as the case may be.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by baba11(m): 11:38am On Nov 21, 2013
Nehemiah459: Who invented BOMB? Cos its better I kill myself than to commit suicide.
Nobel,a christian,founder of nobel prize!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by baba11(m): 11:41am On Nov 21, 2013
jimino: Y is boko haram diferent? Y r dey distroying in d name of islam?
.....go and ask dem!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by baba11(m): 11:43am On Nov 21, 2013
......Egypt is the CRADLE of civilization which is a muslim country!!!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by waxingmoon: 11:52am On Nov 21, 2013
hotwax: Its either this was published by a muslim or CNN is trying to romance muslims.

This article is all lie

Hmm...CNN will lose credibility it they keep publishing this kind of reports. Most of the facts in this article can be challenged. Back in 1500 BC in India, Sushruta compiled "Sushruta Samhita" that described seven branches of surgery: Excision, Scarification, Puncturing, Exploration, Extraction, Evacuation, and Suturing. Several universities, including Nalanda, existed in India way before 859 AD. India is the birthplace of many mathematic concepts, including zero (invented by Aryabhatta in the 5th BC), decimal system, square and cube roots. Toothbrush popularized by Prophet Mohammed? How silly is that - chew sticks has been common in most ancient civilizations, - and the bristle toothbrush was invented in China in the 15th century.

Go and read your "history of medicine" very well.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Umarmaisalati(m): 11:57am On Nov 21, 2013
Arcsniper: I see this as advertising of religion. I no insult anybody o or anything thing o...pleas forgive and 4get.what does religion has to do with invention. What's in ur brain is in ur brain.
Did u just say advertising? I don't think the fastest growing religion in the world needs advertising. And what does religion has to do with invention? I bet u didn't know about some of those things before the post

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
maryam8080: The mistake of the OP is to link this to religion. You can see the result, the discussion now is based on religion, is no longer to educate the people as you said, presentation of issue/matter is very important. As I said before, everybody is endowed and it is left for one to use his endowment to affect the society positively and not necessarily dragging religion into it. After all, that one invented something does not in away make him/her better Muslim or christian or even Hindu as the case may be.

Young man why not research the role Islam played in these invention. I posted a link credited to the US President where he linked these invensions to Islam. Those Scientist were not secular they were grounded in Islamic theology for which they authored many books along that of science. Moreover, their schools and centre of learning were located inside and around the Mosque where they lead prayers.
People like u will argue endlessly that terrorist are inspired by Islam because they claim to be muslims. The other time ur people rejected a system of banking just bc the word "Islamic" is attach to it and not bc of its principles. Tomorrow ur generation would argue that it was the arabs that laid the fundation for such bank and nt Islam. My appeal to u is that u go back to history and search why western historians use the word "muslim invension" or "Islamic scientific innovations".
To we Muslims I hope u see the hatred these people carry in their heart.
You can't attribut such invension to christianity because of its history of brutal repression of science that is well documented and acknowlleged by all except CAN http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
Lot of broken hearts in this thread, why?

make unah take heart oh, here is a thread that explains the revival of science in the Muslim world

https://www.nairaland.com/1473875/islam-science-road-renewal
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maryam8080: 12:42pm On Nov 21, 2013
baba11: ......Egypt is the CRADLE of civilization which is a muslim country!!!
Their civilization then had nothing to with Islam, because Islam has not arrived in their country at the time you are quoting.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2013
saly kely:

Learn from the US president about Islam. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Why would I when I have the prophet himself. Does the president know Islam more than Mohammed?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 1:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
saly kely:

All historical sources point to Islam as the inspiration behind these inventions, go read or just google it.these are fact to be dealt with and not ideas to be debated on. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

read this Book THE ROOTS OF THE WEST, An introduction into European cultural Tradition BY LOUIS J. MUNOZ

While you are asking me to read stories by others. I have the Quran and Hadith that proves scientific claims made in the Quran are not correct. The Quran is the authoritative source here my friend
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 1:24pm On Nov 21, 2013
With all the inventions that we have today, can someone tell me which Islamic country makes cars that is a named brand.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by sofitinted(f): 1:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
Logicbwoy: First of all, when CNN criticizes islam or an islamic country, it is dubbed as "Western media", "biased islamophobic media", "Jewish controlled media"......etc. Now that it is praising islam (albeit with falsehoods) you post it here like some piece of good news to be shared......smh

8. Muhammed (PBUH) did not invent the toothbrush neither was he the earliest to use a chewing stick.

4. Universities? Seriously? The first "proper" university would be the University at Bologna. If we want to stretch it, your muslim universities would have to give way to Plato

7. Music? Ironic how some schools of islam find music to be haraam. Arans ha their instruments just as Europeans had their own musical instruments. But seriously, the way muslims like to compare themselves with Europe is alarming. Asians and Africans had their own music too!! Tbaba, it is shameful that you an African, couldnt see the ethnocentrism in this....

Tbaba, you are smarter than this.

Anyhoo, my comment will be a waste because it is the truth and we know that some pained by the truth will run to Maclatunji to hide the truth undecided

oga sir,y d hatred?av noticed u reply mostly islam post wit minor intentn,calm down

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
sofitinted: oga sir,y d hatred?av noticed u reply mostly islam post wit minor intentn,calm down

grin grin grin

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by fankidzei: 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
Khalessi: Why do I get this feeling that Muslims and Christians on this forum are trying to out do each other? Am waiting for the Christian replica of this thread. undecided

why would you wait for a xtian replica... xtians dont boast! our boasting is in the lord. (2 corinthians 10vs17). copy that? #smiles smiley
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 1:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
sofitinted: oga sir,y d hatred?av noticed u reply mostly islam post wit minor intentn,calm down

What is hateful about what he said?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Nobody: 1:50pm On Nov 21, 2013
Amazing that Nigeria is not lucky with the crop of Muslims we inherited.

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
ngozievergreen: Amazing that Nigeria is not lucky with the crop of Muslims we inherited.

We should ask them what they have invented smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

What Islam Says On Masturbation. / Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim / Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.