Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,203 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:34 AM

Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World - Islam for Muslims (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World (32733 Views)

Three Important Principles In The Modern Hijrah / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / 9 Great Events In Ramadan That Changed History And Shaped The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 1:54pm On Nov 21, 2013
ngozievergreen: Amazing that Nigeria is not lucky with the crop of Muslims we inherited.

Amazing right, the crop of christians Nigerian inherited?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 1:55pm On Nov 21, 2013
vedaxcool:

Amazing right, the crop of christians Nigerian inherited?

I wonder if all Boko Haram, Ansaru, Church burners and Sharia advocates where monks - would Northern Nigeria be a little more peaceful?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by FiftyFifty(m): 2:01pm On Nov 21, 2013
grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by mikeapollo: 2:07pm On Nov 21, 2013
Whst about terrorism and bloodshed in the name of religion?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 2:09pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar:

I wonder if all Boko Haram, Ansaru, Church burners and Sharia advocates where monks - would Northern Nigeria be a little more peaceful?

I wonder if all the Ojukwus, Nzeaogus, were Good muslims would Nigeria have ever experienced a civil war?

I wonder if the pastor was a muslime would this children have ever been degraded?

http://www.africanoutlookonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1732%3Ahundreds-of-nigerian-children-accused-of-witchcraft-were-burnt-beaten-british-charity&Itemid=323

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Nobody: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
The so-called arab or islamic inventions are product of islamic conquest of byzantine empire and eqypt. Many educational materials are stole from alexandria library in eqypt.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by tbaba1234: 2:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar:

Bros, he was Persian not Arab. The same way Iranians are Persians and not Arabs. Also, not all Arabs are Muslims i.e. the Copts in Egypt, the Druze in Lebanon and Syria. Try and be objective and honest.

You can as well claim the pyramids in Egypt were built by muslims as well smiley

Read the heading, it is about muslim inventions not Arab...

And yes, he was muslim.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 2:16pm On Nov 21, 2013
mikeapollo: Whst about terrorism and bloodshed in the name of religion?

Yes bloodshed is bad, http://rekindlingthereformation.com/RTR-Articles-Papal-Rome-Timeline.html
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 2:19pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar:

While you are asking me to read stories by others. I have the Quran and Hadith that proves scientific claims made in the Quran are not correct. The Quran is the authoritative source here my friend

Please can u qout any Quranic verse or Authentic Hadith that go against any established scienific FACT? Please do oblige us with such verse in the Quran

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 3:36pm On Nov 21, 2013
vedaxcool

I wonder if all the Ojukwus, Nzeaogus, were Good muslims would Nigeria have ever experienced a civil war?

I wonder if the pastor was a muslime would this children have ever been degraded?

Hahahaha, so na Ojukwu cause the war abi? Pastors don't blow up mosques or teach people to beat their wives smiley. The fact that you didn't answer my question shows Islam has a violence issue. One of the reasons Islam hasn't experienced a scientific revolution is because it spent most of it's time subjugating non-muslims than investing in scientific exploration and research.

Why aren't the best schools, hospitals, technology and research in the Middle East? Tell us one major scientific break-through that Islam has contributed in the 21st century?

2 Likes

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 3:44pm On Nov 21, 2013
saly kely:

Please can u qout any Quranic verse or Authentic Hadith that go against any established scienific FACT? Please do oblige us with such verse in the Quran

Anytime: Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 55, Number 543:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. [snip]". There are several Islamic school of thoughts on this one and Osama Abdallah, the owner of www.answering-christianity.com has an interesting explanation. He had to go to space to explain how Adam became 90 feet tall. I am interested in your version smiley.

After that, we can discuss how a child resembles his parents based on the Hadith's (Mohammed) explanation and we will align that with scientific facts smiley
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 3:45pm On Nov 21, 2013
tbaba1234:

Read the heading, it is about muslim inventions not Arab...

And yes, he was muslim.
Unfortunately, he wasn't smiley
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by tbaba1234: 3:46pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar: Unfortunately, he wasn't smiley

grin grin

Your desperation is sad..

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by tbaba1234: 3:56pm On Nov 21, 2013
^ Easy with the hate grin grin

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 3:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
tbaba1234: ^ Easy with the hate grin grin

Where is the hate? What is "HATEFUL" in what he said?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 3:58pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar: vedaxcool

Hahahaha, so na Ojukwu cause the war abi? Pastors don't blow up mosques or teach people to beat their wives smiley. The fact that you didn't answer my question shows Islam has a violence issue. One of the reasons Islam hasn't experienced a scientific revolution is because it spent most of it's time subjugating non-muslims than investing in scientific exploration and research.

Why aren't the best schools, hospitals, technology and research in the Middle East? Tell us one major scientific break-through that Islam has contributed in the 21st century?

HEHHEHEH, Na Nzeogwu coz the war! Pastor do rape boys and girls, pastor do bucher children because they are witches (http://www.africanoutlookonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1732%3Ahundreds-of-nigerian-children-accused-of-witchcraft-were-burnt-beaten-british-charity&Itemid=323) Christians are doing well killing each other http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24864587 the fact that you are not getting the point shows Christianity has violence issues. One of the reasons Christians Nigerian inherited are not making any scientific breakthrough is simply because like you, they spend time on Nairaland lying and living their delusions about Islam as if we are in some sort of competition with them yet all they have to show for it is simply lies and no contribution to scientific contribution to account for!

Why aren't the best schools, hospital, technology and research in the area christians we inherited live in? Tell us one major scientfic breakthrough christainity contributed to teh world? since the trhead has repeatedly shown what muslims have done in the area of scientific breakthrough! Read this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/1473875/islam-science-road-renewal
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 4:05pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar:

Narrated Abu Huraira: The Prophet said, "Allah created Adam, making him 60 cubits tall. [snip]". There are several Islamic school of thoughts on this one and Osama Abdallah, the owner of www.answering-christianity.com has an interesting explanation. He had to go to space to explain how Adam became 90 feet tall. I am interested in your version smiley.

After that, we can discuss how a child resembles his parents based on the Hadith's (Mohammed) explanation and we will align that with scientific facts smiley

I read were u had ealier qouted that hadith in this thread. Is there any SCIENTIFIC FACT that has establish the contrary with respect to Adam? More over why not qoute from the Quran. On the issue of child resemblance I will get to u on that insha Allah
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
vedaxcool

HEHHEHEH, Na Nzeogwu coz the war! Pastor do rape boys and girls, pastor do bucher children because they are witches (http://www.africanoutlookonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1732%3Ahundreds-of-nigerian-children-accused-of-witchcraft-were-burnt-beaten-british-charity&Itemid=323) Christians are doing well killing each other http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24864587 the fact that you are not getting the point shows Christianity has violence issues. One of the reasons Christians Nigerian inherited are not making any scientific breakthrough is simply because like you, they spend time on Nairaland lying and living their delusions about Islam as if we are in some sort of competition with them yet all they have to show for it is simply lies and no contribution to scientific contribution to account for!

Ah, you forgot to mention the wars in Liberia, Serbia, WWII, the American civil war. By your definition, all those are Christians killing themselves too abi? smiley. Responding to you is ludacris

Why aren't the best schools, hospital, technology and research in the area christians we inherited live in? Tell us one major scientfic breakthrough christainity contributed to teh world? since the trhead has repeatedly shown what muslims have done in the area of scientific breakthrough! Read this thread, https://www.nairaland.com/1473875/islam-science-road-renewal

A thread on nairaland as the answer is not evidence of Islamic scientific breakthrough grin
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 4:06pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar:

Yes, the bible attributed to the "son" of god the following words,

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
matt 19:24

An impossible feat, unless Jesus meant everyone must die poor?

the devil took him to[b] a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendo[/b]r. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” matt 4:8

Please can you take me to the mountain I can see all this kingdom too? The Bible offers many interesting scientific impossibilities, I understand you are pastor orisejefor's pa and have to survive his hate warmongering, but loose it! he ain't watching you!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 4:12pm On Nov 21, 2013
cloudstar: vedaxcool

Ah, you forgot to mention the wars in Liberia, Serbia, WWII, the American civil war. By your definition, all those are Christians killing themselves too abi? smiley. Responding to you is ludacris

You left out Rwanda, 900,000 christians in a killing spree! You guys are doing fine killing each other!

cloudstar:
A thread on nairaland as the answer is not evidence of Islamic scientific breakthrough grin

oh child, u simply have been reading with your eyes closed, have a nap and when you wake read the thread op again,here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1522898/muslim-inventions-shaped-modern-world#19637209 replying you is like explaining quantum physics to a Fly! smiley common sense dictates that your refute a thread that shows major invention in an age the whole world including Christendom was steep in ignorance made by muslim world. if this thread is not an evidence to you then pls just leave and preserve what is left of your intellect!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 4:14pm On Nov 21, 2013
saly kely

I read were u had ealier qouted that hadith in this thread. Is there any SCIENTIFIC FACT that has establish the contrary with respect to Adam? More over why not qoute from the Quran. On the issue of child resemblance I will get to u on that insha Allah

You asked that I quote the Quran or any authentic Hadith and I just did smiley. The BURDEN of PROOF to establish that Adam was 90 feet tall is not on science or on me, it's on Mohammed and the Hadith since it was the Hadith that made the claim smiley
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 4:21pm On Nov 21, 2013
vedaxcool

You left out Rwanda, 900,000 Christians in a killing spree! You guys are doing fine killing each other!

You are known to put your reasoning aside when it comes to scoring religious points grin. I understand your confusion, in Islam there is no distinction between politics and religion so you think the killings and massacre by Sunnis and Shiites in Syria & Iraq is the same in other non-muslim conflicts

oh child, u simply have been reading with your eyes closed, have a nap and when you wake read the thread op again,here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1522898/muslim-inventions-shaped-modern-world#19637209 replying you is like explaining quantum physics to a Fly! smiley common sense dictates that your refute a thread that shows major invention in an age the whole world including Christendom was steep in ignorance made by muslim world. if this thread is not an evidence to you then pls just leave and preserve what is left of your intellect!

I am engaging you Bros, I can't refute an entire thread that I haven't even commented or posted on. If you knew how debate works, you will grasp such simple concept. All I am asking is that you give me a practical example of Islamic scientific break-through in our generation or the last 3 generations. The car you drive, the phone you use, the generator you may have, the air-plane you travel in, the internet you use and the panadol you might have taken; which Islamic scientific breakthrough or which Islamic country is pioneering any of these?

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 4:27pm On Nov 21, 2013
tbaba1234:

grin grin

Your desperation is sad..

And your lies are consistent smileysmiley
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 4:51pm On Nov 21, 2013
vedaxcool

Yes, the bible attributed to the "son" of god the following words,

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.
matt 19:24

An impossible feat, unless Jesus meant everyone must die poor?

the devil took him to[b] a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendo[/b]r. 9 “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” matt 4:8

Please can you take me to the mountain I can see all this kingdom too? The Bible offers many interesting scientific impossibilities, I understand you are pastor orisejefor's pa and have to survive his hate warmongering, but loose it! he ain't watching you!

The Bible don suffer oh - All I asked was that the gentleman prove Adam was 90 feet tall as stated in the Hadith. Instead of you trying to give a reasonable answer, YOU TOTALLY IGNORED THE QUESTION and started quoting the Bible you conveniently claim is corrupt. Bros, please leave the Bible out of this. Use some common sense and answer the question that was asked.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by wickyyolo: 6:57pm On Nov 21, 2013
Advertising your religion. Well I guess you know christians invented everything else.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Icudkill: 7:33pm On Nov 21, 2013
Goldenbrown549:
a terrorist is some that uses terror to achieve their aims and objectives, nw tel me what has this got 2do wit islam, our greedy politicians are terorists embezling our money and flaunting it to, ASUU to me is a terorist organisation, suffering the students to achieve their aim, terorism is broader term, americans were terorists in the eyes of d british when fighting 4dia independence, japanese were considered terorists during d 2nd world war when they adopt suicidal strategy called karmikazee to attack american navy.
I no wan talk since...
For you to say ASUU is a terrorist orgNisation is completely ignorant and saddistic..
ASUU is fighting for our educational system wic is utter jeopArdy..
Ar you a student?
Do you know the state of infrastructural decay in nigerian universities?
Just compare our universities wif dat of countries like SA.
ASUU is pursuing a just cause, and i respect that inspite of all political pressure mounted by on that orgAnisAtion they've stood their ground..
I know it is hard but lets support them this once and let the govt. yield
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 21, 2013
Cubeet: I thought they said Education is a Sin.How come were they the first to invent or start or introduce a University
bro islam does nt forbid education rather it encourages it tru different verses of the Holy QUran nd authentic hadith
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by emmyoha87(m): 9:26pm On Nov 21, 2013
Khalessi: Why do I get this feeling that Muslims and Christians on this forum are trying to out do each other? Am waiting for the Christian replica of this thread. undecided

In prehistoric times calendars were counted in accordance with the reign of Kings.
Now the times of the Calendar we all share keeps counting 2010,11,12,13 AD!
So tell me who's reign we are counting??
Jesus Christ of course,WHAT ELSE DO CHRISTIANS NEED AGAIN "Christ's the King"
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Logicbwoy: 10:02pm On Nov 21, 2013
sofitinted: oga sir,y d hatred?av noticed u reply mostly islam post wit minor intentn,calm down

vedaxcool:

grin grin grin

Please where did you see hatred in my comment? hy the lies? Muslims like these two are dangerous. You want to claim hatred and later call me an islamophobe abi?

Where did you see hatred in my comment below;

Logicbwoy: First of all, when CNN criticizes islam or an islamic country, it is dubbed as "Western media", "biased islamophobic media", "Jewish controlled media"......etc. Now that it is praising islam (albeit with falsehoods) you post it here like some piece of good news to be shared......smh

8. Muhammed (PBUH) did not invent the toothbrush neither was he the earliest to use a chewing stick.

4. Universities? Seriously? The first "proper" university would be the University at Bologna. If we want to stretch it, your muslim universities would have to give way to Plato

7. Music? Ironic how some schools of islam find music to be haraam. Arans ha their instruments just as Europeans had their own musical instruments. But seriously, the way muslims like to compare themselves with Europe is alarming. Asians and Africans had their own music too!! Tbaba, it is shameful that you an African, couldnt see the ethnocentrism in this....

Tbaba, you are smarter than this.

Anyhoo, my comment will be a waste because it is the truth and we know that some pained by the truth will run to Maclatunji to hide the truth undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Islam Says On Masturbation. / Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim / Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.