Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,506 members, 7,816,207 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:40 AM

Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World - Islam for Muslims (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World (32734 Views)

Three Important Principles In The Modern Hijrah / The 'Burying' Of Muslim Women in the Modern World / 9 Great Events In Ramadan That Changed History And Shaped The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by baba11(m): 11:31pm On Nov 21, 2013
maryam8080: Their civilization then had nothing to with Islam, because Islam has not arrived in their country at the time you are quoting.
....wait a minute,all of una wey dey say after islam,na christian's invention plenty pass,ok nah,na ur own u yawn,me i wan yawn my our nw, say na jews invented pass us.Do u tink say Thomas edison,my mentor;the great albert einstein and co na christians?no,dem b jews or atheists(over 90% of dem ni o),even our own wole soyinke na atheist.If u wan talk nah,u'll say im b christian(ignorant pple,lazy pple u b,read!read!!i say read!!!).Don't just come her and be saying wetin u dont no.Do u no y america cannot fait isreal?both of dem b jews and jews+jews=jews chikena!!!So if any invention comes out of the two nw,u'll say na christian.Is christian the same thing as jew?I no even c u b4,maryam,what a beautiful name we have!are u muslim or christian??
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by arsenalwenger: 7:22am On Nov 22, 2013
vedaxcool:

You left out Rwanda, 900,000 christians in a killing spree! You guys are doing fine killing each other!

oh child, u simply have been reading with your eyes closed, have a nap and when you wake read the thread op again,here is the link https://www.nairaland.com/1522898/muslim-inventions-shaped-modern-world#19637209 replying you is like explaining quantum physics to a Fly! smiley common sense dictates that your refute a thread that shows major invention in an age the whole world including Christendom was steep in ignorance made by muslim world. if this thread is not an evidence to you then pls just leave and preserve what is left of your intellect!
U r a senior nairalander but atimes ur post is funny. Tutsis and hitus are two diffrenet ethnic groups fighting for supremacy. Its like the Igbos and the yorubas.

It has no religios link my brother.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 7:36am On Nov 22, 2013
arsenalwenger: U r a senior nairalander but atimes ur post is funny. Tutsis and hitus are two diffrenet ethnic groups fighting for supremacy. Its like the Igbos and the yorubas.

[b]Vexacool[/b]is known for indirect reference that has nothing to do with the topic at hand grin. Ask him for proof, he will tell you they are Christians.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by dyfatai(m): 7:39am On Nov 22, 2013
abbeysteph: ....... is wat u pple calld peace den I will start worshipin d lord of adolf hitler because he is d only 1 dat try 2 outdo ur horse riding warrior calld prophet thru slaughterin n blood sheds get dat into ur fukin brain assholes

The hatred in ur heart has left deep black spot dere d@ its almost impossible to cleanse. Just look @ d hate words u r divulging and compare 2 d person u quote. U hav nt made any point my friend, u av just succeeded in giving satan a good smile.

abbeysteph: Ar u saying dea ar fake hadiths in d quran or wat is d meaning of authentic hadith chai islam n madness

Ur level of ignorance is amazing. One will think u will @ least know wot u r criticizing b4 u open ur mouth. Who told u hadiths r found in d quran??

Well, u probably wldnt embrace d idea of learning, but i'll still help u curb u ignorance

www.en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hadith

U ar free 2 insult me, if it will make u sleep better.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 7:41am On Nov 22, 2013
cloudstar: vedaxcool

You are known to put your reasoning aside when it comes to scoring religious points grin. I understand your confusion, in Islam there is no distinction between politics and religion so you think the killings and massacre by Sunnis and Shiites in Syria & Iraq is the same in other non-muslim conflicts
someone is sounding frustrated!
Known by who? oh wait another heart broken individual using double ids, aliarexist is that you? Christians are doing fine killing each other in hundreds of thousands , http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24864, in Rwanda almost a million people died from such love thy neighbour christians! grin grin grin grin

cloudstar:
I am engaging you Bros, I can't refute an entire thread that I haven't even commented or posted on. If you knew how debate works, you will grasp such simple concept. All I am asking is that you give me a practical example of Islamic scientific break-through in our generation or the last 3 generations. The car you drive, the phone you use, the generator you may have, the air-plane you travel in, the internet you use and the panadol you might have taken; which Islamic scientific breakthrough or which Islamic country is pioneering any of these?

Narrowing the the parameters are we? grin grin grin grin grin oh boy I feel sorry for you, it seems you are suddenly realising that trampling on reasoning only works when you read passages like 'he devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour . matt 4:8 grin grin grin grin show us the mountain and you are addressing what contribution Christianity has made to Science, wait nothing except burning bruno and locking up Galileo. You cannot refute a thread that you haven't commented, buhahahaha, the link I gave is for this thread you are busy disgracing yourself in, I have already given you a link yet you cannot address any of them, I pity you, start with thread, refute the op,

https://www.nairaland.com/1522898/muslim-inventions-shaped-modern-world#19637209

then go on with this one
https://www.nairaland.com/1473875/islam-science-road-renewal
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 7:50am On Nov 22, 2013

The Bible don suffer oh - All I asked was that the gentleman prove Adam was 90 feet tall as stated in the Hadith. Instead of you trying to give a reasonable answer, YOU TOTALLY IGNORED THE QUESTION and started quoting the Bible you conveniently claim is corrupt. Bros, please leave the Bible out of this. Use some common sense and answer the question that was asked.

all I ask you is to show us the mountain which you totally Ignored , yet you have jettison common sense and hastily hide behind the words of the Prophet pbuh, a man you have repeatedly condemn. I have only quoted 2 verses from the Bible, use some brain to answer questions asked, the same right you have to ask question is the same rights I have to ask question, if you can't answer just say PASS! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 8:01am On Nov 22, 2013
arsenalwenger: U r a senior nairalander but atimes ur post is funny. Tutsis and hitus are two diffrenet ethnic groups fighting for supremacy. Its like the Igbos and the yorubas.

I forgot, an Igbo cease to christian becasue he is Igbo, a Yoruba too, hence the Tutsi had no religio nor the Hutus have any religion, they simply were atheist, in fact when some tutsi ran into a church seeking protection they mistook it for a parking garage and the pastor - they mistook for a gatekeeper- became furious and reported them to the men that was chasing them, which made them burn the church sorry was it a parking garage? to the ground killing everyone in it, yet the pastor was really not a pastor he, had no religion, "Junior" Nairalander, sometimes Juniors are better silent when seniors are speaking!

Many converts say they chose Islam because of the role that some Catholic and Protestant leaders played in the genocide. Human rights groups have documented several incidents in which Christian clerics allowed Tutsis to seek refuge in churches, then surrendered them to Hutu death squads, as well as instances of Hutu priests and ministers encouraging their congregations to kill Tutsis. Today some churches serve as memorials to the many people slaughtered among their pews.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A53018-2002Sep22.html
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Kcxee(m): 9:07am On Nov 22, 2013
Then y is boko haram an islamic sect pls this just a question.
Y is dat northern we islam is being practised well is nt developed.
Y is dat is just of recent dey began goin to skul.
Y is dat is of recent dey started goin into music.
Y is dat is of recent dey nw use microphones in d mosque.
and u say modernisation is brought by islam.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 9:43am On Nov 22, 2013
Kcxee: Then y is boko haram an islamic sect pls this just a question.
Y is dat northern we islam is being practised well is nt developed.
Y is dat is just of recent dey began goin to skul.
Y is dat is of recent dey started goin into music.
Y is dat is of recent dey nw use microphones in d mosque.
and u say modernisation is brought by islam.

lol are just waking up? grin grin grin grin this comical, maybe you should restrict your post to the Romance section, it is less intellectually straining!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maryam8080: 10:05am On Nov 22, 2013
saly kely:

Young man why not research the role Islam played in these invention. I posted a link credited to the US President where he linked these invensions to Islam. Those Scientist were not secular they were grounded in Islamic theology for which they authored many books along that of science. Moreover, their schools and centre of learning were located inside and around the Mosque where they lead prayers.
People like u will argue endlessly that terrorist are inspired by Islam because they claim to be muslims. The other time ur people rejected a system of banking just bc the word "Islamic" is attach to it and not bc of its principles. Tomorrow ur generation would argue that it was the arabs that laid the fundation for such bank and nt Islam. My appeal to u is that u go back to history and search why western historians use the word "muslim invension" or "Islamic scientific innovations".
To we Muslims I hope u see the hatred these people carry in their heart.
You can't attribut such invension to christianity because of its history of brutal repression of science that is well documented and acknowlleged by all except CAN http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/04/us/politics/04obama.text.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0
I am not holding brief or leaning on the fence for any one. However, I want u to answer these questions What do you think that inspired Indians to invent all that has been accredited to them? The Hindu Religion I guess and if you answer is yes... then you have to starting honoring the Hindu god. Then all the Jewish scientist that invented things were inspired by their Jewish religion? Well if your answer is yes you should start honoring the Jewish God. And what about the Christians? So it was their Christ that told them to start inventing things, again if your answer is yes... you should start honoring their Christ before you use anything produce by Christians. According to Koran as a Muslim, you have only one God to serve. Will you agree with me that whenever u are using anything not made/invented by a Muslim you are indirectly honoring their gods. This is contrary you know. What I'm trying to communicate with you is that we should grow up and stop attaching religion in everything, some few months ago it was "Muslim beauty pageant and now it Muslim Inventions" why all these? Nobody is taking about how man's dignity and betterment can be upgraded. Nobody is talking about the war in the Middle east how it can come to an end and human beings can enjoy peace. Saudi Arabia is very angry that US did not attack Syria, a nation that is suppose to push and encourage peace is inducing war in the Islamic region. All I'm saying is that lets us that are in this part of the world especially Nigeria dress our beds very well so that we can sleep on it peacefully. My religion is my private business chikina!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maryam8080: 10:41am On Nov 22, 2013
baba11: ....wait a minute,all of una wey dey say after islam,na christian's invention plenty pass,ok nah,na ur own u yawn,me i wan yawn my our nw, say na jews invented pass us.Do u tink say Thomas edison,my mentor;the great albert einstein and co na christians?no,dem b jews or atheists(over 90% of dem ni o),even our own wole soyinke na atheist.If u wan talk nah,u'll say im b christian(ignorant pple,lazy pple u b,read!read!!i say read!!!).Don't just come her and be saying wetin u dont no.Do u no y america cannot fait isreal?both of dem b jews and jews+jews=jews chikena!!!So if any invention comes out of the two nw,u'll say na christian.Is christian the same thing as jew?I no even c u b4,maryam,what a beautiful name we have!are u muslim or christian??
So how come my name is a problem to you are we discussing my name or invention? All am saying is that we should remove religion from inventions. Invention is a product of necessity chikena!!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by maryam8080: 10:50am On Nov 22, 2013
bankyman:

The situation in Nigeria differs from this other places, the OP if i may guess is only trying to enlightened some people about the beauty of Islam and the place where it ought to be not to spite others (what have they got to show for it now). The purpose should have been to remind the Muslim populace the position of Islam on education and inventions so as to motivate the Nigerian Islamic generation on the need to harness the bounties that lie therein in its religion. Some of the pertinent issues raised by you can would be of no issue if most of the populace knew what you knew. Some of the youth just need this motivation and kindly look at things from this angle and not condemn the OP. I guess he meant well.
Theology cannot motivate invention rather necessity. if there is need to be met people are moved to see what they can do to ameliorate the situation and possibly find a solution to it. Hitler made the German engineers to come up with a vehicle that does not need water to operate because he wanted to cross the desert and presently scientist all over the world are working hard to see that they come up with a solution that will stop AIDS and HIV some of them are having sleepless night in the laboratories, just because there is a need to be met.

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Mamid: 12:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
How the hell did a few intentions whether true or false involve religion? Even if they were invented by muslims so what? How about inventions like the automobile, clothing, telephone, electricity. Talking about education, it has always been prominent in many cultures! How can such nonsense make a forum?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by Rahgafola: 12:58pm On Nov 22, 2013
Cubeet: I thought they said Education is a Sin.How come were they the first to invent or start or introduce a University
dats a misconception from d boko haram stuff. Note dat islam doesnt preach knowledge is sin. In fact d first 5 verse of Quran emphasised d importance of knowledge. I also want u to know dat if a portion of christian is corrupt dat doesnt mean d christianity itself is corrupt. Islam in its pure teaching is a religion of peace. because som grp claim to be muslim and cause voilence does make d religion or oda pple in it bad. What do u say abt all d christians around d world dat hav comitted one or d oda bad act, did dat mean dats wat christianity is all abt. Or no christian has ever don anythg wrong. Try to respect oda pple religions. It is better to know a religion point of view on a matter b4 judging dem wt wat 'some ppl' of dat religion do.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by bankyman(m): 4:35pm On Nov 22, 2013
maryam8080: Theology cannot motivate invention rather necessity. if there is need to be met people are moved to see what they can do to ameliorate the situation and possibly find a solution to it. Hitler made the German engineers to come up with a vehicle that does not need water to operate because he wanted to cross the desert and presently scientist all over the world are working hard to see that they come up with a solution that will stop AIDS and HIV some of them are having sleepless night in the laboratories, just because there is a need to be met.
books to find answers.
I never said Religion was their motivation, rather they sought to religious. Thats all!!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by golpen(m): 5:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
mckemsoc: Muslims and their way of thinking... Always doing everything possible (both true & false) to package, repackage and sell their Religion of peace to us. Why not say (if its true) they were Arabian/persian inventions? Must it be tagged Muslim? After all they were 1st Arabian b4 becoming Muslim and their invention has nothing to do with their Religious affiliation.

Should we then call all Western, Indian & Chinese inventions' Christians', Hindus' and Budhist's inventions respectively just because they are the majority? SMH for you Muslims, alwz trying so hard...

I just hope I won't have a problem in trying to educate you, that is if you are willing to learn. Now listen and read clearly;

They are islamic inventions and not arab inventions, because the inspiration of those inventions came from the practice of islam. An example is the 'algebra' which has been a major centre here. It was inspired when the inventor read through the passage of the qur'an which speaks of sharing of inheritance.
Ibn sina's 'cannon of medicine' which was a book used in the medical world for centuries was inspired by the prophetic medicine, authored by Muhammad (saw).

If you read books of science that have constructively made references to the qur'an, you'll see that these science analysis have been proven in the qur'an. No invention has been biblically recorded, so we can never have christianity inventions.

A word is enough for the wise. Just go make your research and findings before coming here...
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 6:21pm On Nov 22, 2013
vedaxcool

someone is sounding frustrated!
Known by who? oh wait another heart broken individual using double ids, aliarexist is that you? Christians are doing fine killing each other in hundreds of thousands , http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-24864, in Rwanda almost a million people died from such love thy neighbour christians! grin grin grin grin

Your stance is simple vexacool, you ALWAYS ignore the topic at hand and try to compare non related events as if it PROVES anything. In all your wisdom, can you tell us the motive behind the tribal killings in Rwanda. What caused the war, why did they fight?

Narrowing the the parameters are we? grin grin grin grin grin oh boy I feel sorry for you, it seems you are suddenly realising that trampling on reasoning only works when you read passages like 'he devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendour . matt 4:8 grin grin grin grin show us the mountain and you are addressing what contribution Christianity has made to Science, wait nothing except burning bruno and locking up Galileo. You cannot refute a thread that you haven't commented, buhahahaha, the link I gave is for this thread you are busy disgracing yourself in, I have already given you a link yet you cannot address any of them, I pity you, start with thread, refute the op,

Again, you TOTALLY SIDE STEPPED MY QUESTION. We are talking about Islam scientific advancement; HOW DID JESUS CHRIST come in the picture? It'a almost as if you have multiple attention deficiency. The topic at hand isn't about Christians contributing to Science, not at all. It's about Islam contribution in the last 3 generations. I HAVE CONCLUDED THAT TO AVOID QUESTIONS, you throw blame on others. It's typical for people that give excuses, never taking responsibility to be HONEST smiley. You fit that profile perfectly. I asked you, the car you drive, where was it made? The phone you used, where was it made? I won't be surprised if you totally ignore the questions smiley
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 6:28pm On Nov 22, 2013
vedaxcool

all I ask you is to show us the mountain which you totally Ignored , yet you have jettison common sense and hastily hide behind the words of the Prophet pbuh, a man you have repeatedly condemn. I have only quoted 2 verses from the Bible, use some brain to answer questions asked, the same right you have to ask question is the same rights I have to ask question, if you can't answer just say PASS! grin grin grin grin grin

If you can read well, your muslim brother ASKED me to show him anywhere in the Quran or Hadith where either text contradicts science. I DID - How can you explain Adam was 90 feet tall? I never condemned your prophet; I left the question to muslims to educate us on Adams height. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN A CLAIM IN YOUR HOLY TEXT WITHOUT BRINGING THE BIBLE INTO IT VEXACOOL.

You have no right vexacool, it is out of courtesy and common sense that we engage others. Communication works both ways, in this context - your muslim brother was to respond, he hasn't. So, while you can ask me a question; common sense suggest that you clear the floor on the original question first. If you can't and you don't want to, that's fine. I expect nothing else from someone that haphazardly jumps around the whole place.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by novicali: 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
golpen:

I just hope I won't have a problem in trying to educate you, that is if you are willing to learn. Now listen and read clearly;

They are islamic inventions and not arab inventions, because the inspiration of those inventions came from the practice of islam. An example is the 'algebra' which has been a major centre here. It was inspired when the inventor read through the passage of the qur'an which speaks of sharing of inheritance.
Ibn sina's 'cannon of medicine' which was a book used in the medical world for centuries was inspired by the prophetic medicine, authored by Muhammad (saw).

If you read books of science that have constructively made references to the qur'an, you'll see that these science analysis have been proven in the qur'an. No invention has been biblically recorded, so we can never have christianity inventions.

A word is enough for the wise. Just go make your research and findings before coming here...
Bezalel and Oholiab

31 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, 3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills— 4 to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, 5 to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts. 6 Moreover, I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, to help him. Also I have given ability to all the skilled workers to make everything I have commanded you: 7 the tent of meeting, the ark of the covenant law with the atonement cover on it, and all the other furnishings of the tent— 8 the table and its articles, the pure gold lampstand and all its accessories, the altar of incense, 9 the altar of burnt offering and all its utensils, the basin with its stand— 10 and also the woven garments, both the sacred garments for Aaron the priest and the garments for his sons when they serve as priests, 11 and the anointing oil and fragrant incense for the Holy Place. They are to make them just as I commanded you.”
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by golpen(m): 8:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
novicali:
Bezalel and Oholiab

31 Then the Lord said to Moses, 2 “See, I have chosen Bezalel son of Uri, the son of Hur, of the tribe of Judah, 3 and I have filled him with the Spirit of God, with wisdom, with understanding, with knowledge and with all kinds of skills— 4 to make artistic designs for work in gold, silver and bronze, 5 to cut and set stones, to work in wood, and to engage in all kinds of crafts. 6 Moreover, I have appointed Oholiab son of Ahisamak, of the tribe of Dan, to help him. Also I have given ability to all the skilled workers to make everything I have commanded you: 7 the tent of meeting, the ark of the covenant law with the atonement cover on it, and all the other furnishings of the tent— 8 the table and its articles, the pure gold lampstand and all its accessories, the altar of incense, 9 the altar of burnt offering and all its utensils, the basin with its stand— 10 and also the woven garments, both the sacred garments for Aaron the priest and the garments for his sons when they serve as priests, 11 and the anointing oil and fragrant incense for the Holy Place. They are to make them just as I commanded you.”

Pls let's have your stance before I burst your skull.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by baba11(m): 10:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
maryam8080: So how come my name is a problem to you are we discussing my name or invention? All am saying is that we should remove religion from inventions. Invention is a product of necessity chikena!!
....If you are a muslim,you will not say d@!!!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by baba11(m): 10:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
@cloudstar and vedaxcool:You are on your own....
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 11:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
baba11: @cloudstar and vedaxcool:You are on your own....

Na so now
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 4:47am On Nov 23, 2013
cloudstar: saly kely

You asked that I quote the Quran or any authentic Hadith and I just did smiley. The BURDEN of PROOF to establish that Adam was 90 feet tall is not on science or on me, it's on Mohammed and the Hadith since it was the Hadith that made the claim smiley

i think u are wrong here. the Noble Prophet told us and we believe in him... so we have no burden to start proven Him right,we know He speaks the Truth. the Burden is on u unbelievers to proof by way of science that he is wrong and not by speculation.
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by cloudstar: 5:13am On Nov 23, 2013
saly kely:

i think u are wrong here. the Noble Prophet told us and we believe in him... so we have no burden to start proven Him right,we know He speaks the Truth. the Burden is on u unbelievers to proof by way of science that he is wrong and not by speculation.

Bros, this na simple matter. If indeed Adam was 90 feet tall, please prove it; if you CAN'T; All you have to do is say so. I understand most muslims refuse to be objective when it comes to matter of their faith. Your cheap excuse of dis-engaging the subject is not new; if you had an answer, you would have provided one.

If Adam was 90 feet, how tall was Eve and their kids? Is there any fossil of any known human that is 90 feet tall?
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by salykely(m): 5:19am On Nov 23, 2013
maryam8080: I am not holding brief or leaning on the fence for any one. However, I want u to answer these questions What do you think that inspired Indians to invent all that has been accredited to them? The Hindu Religion I guess and if you answer is yes... then you have to starting honoring the Hindu god. Then all the Jewish scientist that invented things were inspired by their Jewish religion? Well if your answer is yes you should start honoring the Jewish God. And what about the Christians? So it was their Christ that told them to start inventing things, again if your answer is yes... you should start honoring their Christ before you use anything produce by Christians. According to Koran as a Muslim, you have only one God to serve. Will you agree with me that whenever u are using anything not made/invented by a Muslim you are indirectly honoring their gods. This is contrary you know. What I'm trying to communicate with you is that we should grow up and stop attaching religion in everything, some few months ago it was "Muslim beauty pageant and now it Muslim Inventions" why all these? Nobody is taking about how man's dignity and betterment can be upgraded. Nobody is talking about the war in the Middle east how it can come to an end and human beings can enjoy peace. Saudi Arabia is very angry that US did not attack Syria, a nation that is suppose to push and encourage peace is inducing war in the Islamic region. All I'm saying is that lets us that are in this part of the world especially Nigeria dress our beds very well so that we can sleep on it peacefully. My religion is my private business chikina!

Have u check the link i posted in my comment? I think you av nt. now why do u think the president of the united state and other historians attributed such to Islam? i understand ur argument, but it is simply untenable. Islam is very unlike other religions. till date scientific facts are still mentioned in the Quran what do u have to say about that? All Historians attributed it to Islam because of of the Islamic factors. Do u know that the Arabs were the most backward of all people till they embrace Islam, and in less than 50 years they conquered the two most powerful empires, i.e Byzantine and Persians. do u know that areas like syria, lebanon, palestine, egypt turkey (i.e Constantinople ) were all christians. what brought about their Islamization. in fact Constantinople was the capital of the then eastern church while Rome was the capital of the western church. this innovations are so reffered because while Islam was spreading round the globe especially in europe through Spain, this innovations were brought by the conquering muslims in line with the dictate of their religion. you will be traducing history if you deny Islam the credit of this innovation. i just ask my friend who studied history about from Ife about muslims and their innovations she told me the same thing that they were so referred. so plz if u still have any problem with muslim innovations go query Historians or even the US President, i will qoute him again
[b]"As a student of history, I also know civilization's debt to Islam. It was Islam – at places like Al-Azhar University – that carried the light of learning through so many centuries, paving the way for Europe's Renaissance and Enlightenment. It was innovation in Muslim communities that developed the order of algebra; our magnetic compass and tools of navigation; our mastery of pens and printing; our understanding of how disease spreads and how it can be healed. Islamic culture has given us majestic arches and soaring spires; timeless poetry and cherished music; elegant calligraphy and places of peaceful contemplation. And throughout history, Islam has demonstrated through words and deeds the possibilities of religious tolerance and racial equality.
I know, too, that Islam has always been a part of America's story. The first nation to recognize my country was Morocco. In signing the Treaty of Tripoli in 1796, our second President John Adams wrote, "The United States has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion or tranquility of Muslims."[/b]
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by baba11(m): 7:36am On Nov 23, 2013
cloudstar:

Na so now
...then why are you on your own?are you an island of knowledge as my signature connotes?Don't be an islander,come out!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by golpen(m): 7:46am On Nov 23, 2013
cloudstar:

Bros, this na simple matter. If indeed Adam was 90 feet tall, please prove it; if you CAN'T; All you have to do is say so. I understand most muslims refuse to be objective when it comes to matter of their faith. Your cheap excuse of dis-engaging the subject is not new; if you had an answer, you would have provided one.

If Adam was 90 feet, how tall was Eve and their kids? Is there any fossil of any known human that is 90 feet tall?

Funny enough you had to agree with your biology teacher back then in school that your ancestors were apes just because you so much needed to pass biology, but you haven't seen any fossil record yourself and you have not been able to prove it.

See, muslims are always objective on issues, but it is you who are beclouded with hate that fail to see the objectivity. If the prophet (saw) said Adam (as) was 90 feet tall, then you science must have proven him right ¡y coming up with what they call 'mutation'. But in you hate filled skull, you believe that apes could turn human due to changes, but men couldn't have measured shorter due to the same influence. Think!

1 Like

Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 8:49am On Nov 23, 2013

Your stance is simple vexacool, you ALWAYS ignore the topic at hand and try to compare non related events as if it PROVES anything. In all your wisdom, can you tell us the motive behind the tribal killings in Rwanda. What caused the war, why did they fight?

Liaraxis, you ALWAYS ignore the topic at hand and try to compare unrelated events, was the thread ever about violence? NO, clearly it was about Muslims inventions, So how did we get here,simply YOUR BLIND FANATICISM you are Learning from SPENCE, as usual push to ask irrelevant question when responded to you to you cry courtesy! smiley

cloudstar:
Again, you TOTALLY SIDE STEPPED MY QUESTION. We are talking about Islam scientific advancement; HOW DID JESUS CHRIST come in the picture? It'a almost as if you have multiple attention deficiency. The topic at hand isn't about Christians contributing to Science, not at all. It's about Islam contribution in the last 3 generations. I HAVE CONCLUDED THAT TO AVOID QUESTIONS, you throw blame on others. It's typical for people that give excuses, never taking responsibility to be HONEST smiley. You fit that profile perfectly. I asked you, the car you drive, where was it made? The phone you used, where was it made? I won't be surprised if you totally ignore the questions smiley

SO did you, TOTALLY SIDE Stepping THE QUESTION, how did the Hadith of the holy prophet pbuh became part of the op? which YOU nor any of you EVANGELIST by LIES have attempted refuting? I am very sorry that you cannot fathom where to look for the mountain spoked about in the bible, but as simple Human ethics demand if you have no answer to a question, say PASS I understand this might be ADHD! cheesy very funny I have only quoted 2 verses in the bible and you are already sermonizing like this!
Re: Muslim Inventions That Shaped The Modern World by vedaxcool(m): 9:15am On Nov 23, 2013

If you can read well, your muslim brother ASKED me to show him anywhere in the Quran or Hadith where either text contradicts science. I DID - How can you explain Adam was 90 feet tall? I never condemned your prophet; I left the question to muslims to educate us on Adams height. YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO EXPLAIN A CLAIM IN YOUR HOLY TEXT WITHOUT BRINGING THE BIBLE INTO IT VEXACOOL

You have no right vexacool, it is out of courtesy and common sense that we engage others. Communication works both ways, in this context - your muslim brother was to respond, he hasn't. So, while you can ask me a question; common sense suggest that you clear the floor on the original question first. If you can't and you don't want to, that's fine. I expect nothing else from someone that haphazardly jumps around the whole place.

If you can read well, I asked YOU to show me the mountain that was spoken about in the bible and how can a camel ever pass thru the eye of a needle, I am hardly interested in answering your question since i was not the originator of it, the brother has answered u. so because you are positioning yourself as an authority in science, you should be ready to answer questions when asked, I have very right to ask you question, common sense suggest that since i did not ask you the question in view, I am not expected to clear any floor, I know even to your 10th generation can answer the simple question I asked, where is the mountain satan carried Jesus too? how can a camel ever pass thru the eye of a needle?, that he was able to see all the kingdoms in their splendour? I do not expect anything from a Christian whose own co-religionist labels a liar! wink

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

What Islam Says On Masturbation. / Ramadan Kareem To Every Muslim / Ramadan: Kano Hisbah Arrests Three Males, Eight Females For Not Fasting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 117
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.