Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,832 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. - Foreign Affairs (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (30441 Views)

Who Is Watching Head 2 Head Aljazeera, Mehdi Hassan Slaying A Russian MP, Nataly / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Occurstaem(m): 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Thanks,'some username'.I have been following this thread right from page 1 up to
this page.

All i can say is that 'a million vodka for you'.With the
manner you answer the questions,A1(highest grade) is your score.

Please,is there any site that i can learn Russian online?

Can you please shed more light about what caused the breakdown of the
USSR?

How many countries did she(USSR) splitted into? Name them with their
official languages.

Is/Are there other language(s) in Russia apart from Russian?

What about ethnics/tribes ,is there any?

How is your music industry? Name your top class musicians.

Tell me about the banking sector? I want to know about currency denomination and their content(be it coins or notes;their colours,signs.e.t.c)

Do you like football? Name your favourite club? Who is your favourite
football player? Who do you think will win this year FIFA ballon d'or?

And last but not the least,is there anything like money ritual in Russia?(i'm just joking)
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by JesusDWay(m): 8:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
@ Some Username, What can you say about Leo Tolstoy and what remembrance does Russians still have of him?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by yarcs(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Since when have you been in nigeria? And which part of nigeria are you staying?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Bravoosii: 9:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
yarcs: Since when have you been in nigeria? And which part of nigeria are you staying?
Did he tell you he was in Nigeria?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by DrTony1(m): 9:51pm On Dec 02, 2013
logica: I don't know why some people are asking questions on politics if indeed this dude is 22; because if he is, he was born after the fall of the Iron Curtain and never experienced life in the USSR. All he has are "The Good Ol' Days" stories from those who have quickly forgotten. (The grass is always greener on the other side...)
Oga its not a matter of your years of living but your zeal to know gather knowledge, i bet u a Nigerian same his age can tell you a complete history of not only her country but other countries, but only few who really bother to know, so the chap is brilliant give it to him and quit criticizing Sir
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by munex007(m): 9:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
Thanks for the insighful answers..

What's your view about Roman Abramovich?...? Hero or Zero

What's the main source of his Wealth?

Do you see Russian Regaining world power soon?

US vs China(War)
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by PhysicsQED(m): 10:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
Unfortunately, it seems the spam bot is hiding some more of his posts and banning him again.

A mod should un-hide that last post of his and any previous ones, and also keep up with this thread to keep the spam bot in check. It seems like it's banning lots of posts in this thread for no reason.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
logica: I don't know why some people are asking questions on politics if indeed this dude is 22; because if he is, he was born after the fall of the Iron Curtain and never experienced life in the USSR. All he has are "The Good Ol' Days" stories from those who have quickly forgotten. (The grass is always greener on the other side...)
Asked me anything about Biafra war n I will answer gringrin
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by UyiIredia(m): 10:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
JesusDWay: @ Some Username, What can you say about Leo Tolstoy and what remembrance does Russians still have of him?

I've heard of that name attimes. It seems he had more influence than CS Lewis. I once read Gandhi specifically decided to adopt nonviolent resistance after reading a book by Tolstoy. "Peace or War' I think.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 5thNOTE: 11:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
bootlegaz: Nigerians continue to exhibit stupidity. The young Russian lad kept his cool while some Nigerians act like silver back gorillas in a Banana Plantation.
Geez, the guy is great. Just 22yrs old. I have never seen such decorum on niaraland or if nt even in nigeria. Discussion are never serious and straight forward. Sm ppl always take squabbling as next strategy when they beaten to it in a situation, instead of humbling urself learn. Thats what all u trying to finds with him are in this forum.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Tbken: 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Ngasky:
thats for putin to answer.
Why is your president so ugly and incapable of achieving anything in gov.? Or why is hippopatient's english grammer so poor?
What are you trying to say?? This thread was nôt created for you to insult the Great NIGERIA my nation or itz president ok....Good or bad itz mine
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 11:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wonder what happened with the hidden posts above. Anyways @someusername I will repost my question from above because it seems like you didn't see it the first time.
What do you think about PussyRiot and what Putin did to them?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 5thNOTE: 11:50pm On Dec 02, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Nicholas II was the last Tsar/Czar of Russia before he was gruesomely executed along with members of his immediate family on 17th July 1918 by the Bolshevik forces.At the time of his death his net worth was $900 million, which is the inflation adjusted equivalent to $300 billion in 2013 dollars, thus making him one of the richest monarchs in human history.

What were the sources of his gargantuan wealth?
ask him question relevant to his age period. This question is too far back even though every one is expected to have D knwledge of his country history. U that is asking him irrelevancies u cant tell anything offhand abt 1900 of ur country.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 03, 2013
@someusername, refrain from posting in Russian alphabets, the spambot interprets it as spam, that's why your previous post was hidden
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 8:54am On Dec 03, 2013
@ some username

I dunno if this question has been previously answered.

What was russia's interest in the Biafra war? Was it the oil?

Many Nigerians would really like to hear a Russian's opinion on the Nigeria-Biafra war in which Russian played a significant part.

I know you are 22, you can find out from your Professors.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by BekeeBuAgbara: 9:13am On Dec 03, 2013
very interesting
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by 5alive(m): 9:46am On Dec 03, 2013
I know nigerians will ruin everytin.

@some username...
Pls why is in*cest so rampant in ur country
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by bioye(m): 9:51am On Dec 03, 2013
Are you a programmer? Are you a topcoder?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by logica(m): 9:52am On Dec 03, 2013
Dr.Tony:

Oga its not a matter of your years of living but your zeal to know gather knowledge, i bet u a Nigerian same his age can tell you a complete history of not only her country but other countries, but only few who really bother to know, so the chap is brilliant give it to him and quit criticizing Sir
I don't know what the problem of some of you are. Actually I do, but I won't delve into it here.

In any case, all what the dude stated in the quote below is no different from what a 22 year old from the Southeast would say when asked about the Biafran war: subjective stories he heard from his older ones and around him.

some username:
Nobody here understands it either.
From the first look it seems like tensions between national republics started to rise and Gorbachev decided to reform USSR into another union, less solid and with bigger responsibilities of national governments. But after USSR was disbanded and CIS was created Yeltsin suddenly usurped power in Russia, overthrew communists and banned communist party. Similar things happened in other republics except for Belarus and Belarus is the only country who is in CIS now except for Russia of course.

But if you dig deeper it seems like either Gorbachev himself or Yeltsin or both of them were either controlled by USA or were just outright CIA agents because what they did was pure traitory - they made it possible for our resources and scientific developments to be bought cheaply by Europe and US. The economy lay in ruins, people fled the country, starved, took drugs, forced each other into prostitution or mafia rings. As one of the ministers from that time said "We had no time to care about anything - we only had to destroy industry so that communists would never rise again".
People were overwhelmingly against USSR dissolution,yet Gorbachev allowed it to happen.

I know enough about goings on in the USSR to be aware that it was ready to fall as far back as the 70s (as highlighted by the mutiny on the ship Storozhevoy) and the Afghanistan disaster of the 80s further underscores that point.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by pinnochio(m): 10:01am On Dec 03, 2013
MAYOWAAK: Nicholas II was the last Tsar/Czar of Russia before he was gruesomely executed along with members of his immediate family on 17th July 1918 by the Bolshevik forces.At the time of his death his net worth was $900 million, which is the inflation adjusted equivalent to $300 billion in 2013 dollars, thus making him one of the richest monarchs in human history.

rash47:

Mr user, pls tell us ur real name and are u sure u r 22 yrs of age?

Why is it dat russia don't produce luxury goods?

Is yeltsin and gorbachev still alive?

Why did u guys allow d german's to advance in to stalingrad (the then capital if am correct) without any defence and killing 1.5 million of ur countrymen within a few days?

Thanks!

dozzybaba:

@ some username

I dunno if this question has been previously answered.

What was russia's interest in the Biafra war? Was it the oil?

Many Nigerians would really like to hear a Russian's opinion on the Nigeria-Biafra war.

Many Nigerians would really like to know.

Omo.......see heavy jamb questions o! grin grin grin
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Lucentbeauty(f): 10:54am On Dec 03, 2013
After reading everything here,I realised you have earned my respect. You are just 22,truthful I can't say I know everything about my country but that will soon be sloved. I know you dont believe in God but I ask Him to bless you. Am not that curious about Rossiya but I enjoy reading your replies. And please do post those pictures you promised. Have a marvelous day.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by PurestBoy(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2013
Can't Seun or any of the moderators ban the spambot for banning our Russian friend? I'm tired of the way we do things in this country
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by spikesC(m): 12:30pm On Dec 03, 2013
PurestBoy: Can't Seun or any of the moderators ban the spambot for banning our Russian friend? I'm tired of the way we do things in this country

you must be very stupld

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by makahlj2: 12:52pm On Dec 03, 2013
logica:
I know enough about goings on in the USSR to be aware that it was ready to fall as far back as the 70s (as highlighted by the mutiny on the ship Storozhevoy) and the Afghanistan disaster of the 80s further underscores that point.
Nope, such events cannot topple a Totalitarian state. Most Russians hadn't even heard about Storozhevoy, for example. The regime controlled all information exchange.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by makahlj2: 12:59pm On Dec 03, 2013

Tsarist Russia was a fabulously rich country. And this guy (and his ancestors) practically were its owners. What else would you expect?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by PurestBoy(m): 1:36pm On Dec 03, 2013
spikes C:

you must be very stupld

Just like your father, so no hard feeling.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by logica(m): 1:46pm On Dec 03, 2013
makahlj2: Nope, such events cannot topple a Totalitarian state. Most Russians hadn't even heard about Storozhevoy, for example. The regime controlled all information exchange.
Did I say anything about the state being toppled? Yes, I am aware most Russians never heard about Storozhevoy because it became public knowledge only after the fall of the Iron Curtain; but the incident echoed the prevalent state of mind in the entire state: that of low morale and disillusionment which became even more obvious in Afghanistan.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 1:59pm On Dec 03, 2013
angry Bloody hell, all of my posts were hidden by anti-spam bot and I was banned for a day. What the heck. How do I post anything without gettin banned yet again?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by logica(m): 2:17pm On Dec 03, 2013
makahlj2: Tsarist Russia was a fabulously rich country. And this guy (and his ancestors) practically were its owners. What else would you expect?
I wonder. It's like asking how the Sultan of Brunei or the Saudi Royal Family became fabulously rich.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 03, 2013
See as ars* kissers boku for dis topic, Nairalanders jus dey behave like say dem neva follo foreigner yan for their life before.

Because of only one person naim una dey call ur papa and mama gorrillas and monkeys and falling over themselves to get his attention grin Only god know wetin una go do if dem come plenty pass one.
And nor be say d answer wen him dey give dem nor de for google.

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by prettyboi1(m): 3:39pm On Dec 03, 2013
spikes C:

you must be very stupld
I think I support you bro,that guy just sounded silly....no offence.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by prettyboi1(m): 3:42pm On Dec 03, 2013
PurestBoy: Can't Seun or any of the moderators ban the spambot for banning our Russian friend? I'm tired of the way we do things in this country
No offence to you man, but what the f does how we do things relate to this. If the spambot blocks or bans a poster,it just means the poster violated some rules even if it wasn't intentional. What's the "trying to impress" act about bro?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Robot Co-Hosts Census Ceremony Alongside South African President (Photos) / THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!! / Hunter Biden Helped Finance A US Military Bioweapons Research Program In Ukraine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.