Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,772 members, 7,813,559 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:53 PM

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. - Foreign Affairs (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (30457 Views)

Who Is Watching Head 2 Head Aljazeera, Mehdi Hassan Slaying A Russian MP, Nataly / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:23am On Dec 02, 2013
sarutobie: Heard chess is inculcated into the curriculum of the schools in russia,how true is that?

No, but it is (at least was, it seems like Angry birds are more popular nowadays than chess) very popular thing and I even attended chess club in 1st and 2nd grades of school.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2013
Jade William:
Good question Jack Bauer.I was wondering too or is he an impostor?

Ok, if you are so worried about it I'll get a camera tomorrow or the day after and will provide some photos from outside.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by olupentane(m): 11:35am On Dec 02, 2013
olupentane: what course are you studying in university?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by divex(f): 11:42am On Dec 02, 2013
why is russia and america always on each other's necks ?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
some username: I am not a nigerian student or immigrant, just an average guy with a higher than average for this country knowledge of English. Ready to answer questions.

@some username, do you know anything about skolkovo institute of technology (skoltech)?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
drachii
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Chanchit: 2:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
Well I started reading from pg1 and now I'm through. @Username, we don't need to open a thread for you, you are on Nairaland already, we have many sections you can read from, but you might have problem reading our pidgin english cos' we prefer communicating with it sometimes, you can ask questions, I'm sure you would definately get a reply, but you might need a year to read Nairaland, we have over a million topics. Just start by clicking on the sections..
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by sarutobie(m): 2:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
some username:

No, but it is (at least was, it seems like Angry birds are more popular nowadays than chess) very popular thing and I even attended chess club in 1st and 2nd grades of school.
Angry birds now more popular? Are you exagerating? Lol..So what is your impression about one of Russia's favourite son(or I think he is) Garry Kasparov the former world champion cum politician..
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Numerouuuno: 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
i like this thread,one of the best in recent times here on Nairaland.
I'm definitely following this,although i don't like cold climates or regions except they've got something exceptional to offer me.
i really hope you enjoy your stay here.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by UyiIredia(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
rash47:
Mr user, pls tell us ur real name and are u sure u r 22 yrs of age?

Why is it dat russia don't produce luxury goods?

Is yeltsin and gorbachev still alive?

Why did u guys allow d german's to advance in to stalingrad (the then capital if am correct) without any defence and killing 1.5 million of ur countrymen within a few days?

Thanks!

The German army was better armed and trained than the Russian army at that time. The French army under Napoleon would have even bested Russia, and I know Russia fell to Japan at some point after WWI. German efficiency and its blitzkreig stunned its enemies cold. Taking Poland in days was no mean feat, Polish are known as brave fighters. That said, if Hitler had learnt from History and Napoleaon before him he wouldn't have bothered attacking Russia especially when Britain was not secure. That said, the German army then couldn't capture Stalingrad because of poor (cold) Russian weather, guerrila tactic of the Russians which involved quick 'raids' and razing village crops so the German supplies ran short, and a long-drawn defense of Stalingrad, which though a stalemate was a crucial loss for Germany because it turned the tides of the war.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by alpacino003(m): 5:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
I heard russia dont give work permit 2 international student how true is dat
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by DrTony1(m): 5:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
Nice educative information some username.
Why does Russia hate capitalism,
Is it just because america practise it?
What connected lennin to karl max's marxism
Honestly tell me, how much mean are russians? Cos I ve always consideres russian mean and very physically brutal from james bond movies to vladimir putin who killed that kgb agent back some years ago in london
How many nuclear weapons do you people really have grin
Why do you have so much consonants in your languages words grin
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by makahlj2: 5:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
some username: For example here in Siberia we have lots of native mongoloids (mostly yakuts and buryats) and nobody even thinks about discriminating against them. I have never heard of a single ethnic fight between russians and natives here.

Are Russians racist against the citizens of their own country, who happen to look different? These poor girls' only crime was that they were from a minority ethnic group, colonized, oppressed and abused by the Tsarist and Soviet regimes.

"On 27 February 2004, about fifteen skinheads attacked and beat archers - athletes from Chita and Buryatia, so that one young woman had to be hospitalized with serious injuries."
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by logica(m): 5:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
I don't know why some people are asking questions on politics if indeed this dude is 22; because if he is, he was born after the fall of the Iron Curtain and never experienced life in the USSR. All he has are "The Good Ol' Days" stories from those who have quickly forgotten. (The grass is always greener on the other side...)
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by iamnoel(m): 6:40pm On Dec 02, 2013
tell me about KSMU-(Kursk State Med. Uni.) whats the standard of education in that university
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by zinaunreal(m): 7:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
logica: I don't know why some people are asking questions on politics if indeed this dude is 22; because if he is, he was born after the fall of the Iron Curtain and never experienced life in the USSR. All he has are "The Good Ol' Days" stories from those who have quickly forgotten. (The grass is always greener on the other side...)

Whoever he is, he has proved that he is learned. Now he is respected.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Russia Wants Ukraine War To End, The Sooner The Better - Putin / THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.