Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,269 members, 7,826,034 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:51 AM

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (30488 Views)

Who Is Watching Head 2 Head Aljazeera, Mehdi Hassan Slaying A Russian MP, Nataly / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:36am On Nov 20, 2013
Where was the name 'RUSSIA' gotten from?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 10:37am On Nov 20, 2013
Nomski0: I didnt know you were Russian, I'm sorry. I just thought you were a Nigerian who knew a lot about Russia.
I mentioned it in the first post.

Elliotwiz1: You're russian? Was thinking You're a Nigerian who lives these, how did you know about Nairaland?
Don't worry, I'm neither from 4chan, nor Stormfront.

Nomski0: Do you guys have multiple time zones?
And the international date line is close to Russia, have you ever crossed it?
Yes, for example my parents live 4 hours forward compared to me.
No, never crossed, I've never been to americas.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 20, 2013
What brought you to this forum ?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nomski0(f): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2013
I once read that in Russia, the young dont take properly of their old.
How true is this?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nomski0(f): 10:41am On Nov 20, 2013
I once read that in Russia, the young dont take proper care of their old.
How true is this?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 10:45am On Nov 20, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Where was the name 'RUSSIA' gotten from?
Well, old name for easter slavic state was «Rus» pronounced kinda like «Roos'». That name somehow evolved into our modern name «Rossiya». How did Englishmen manage to get our name wrong is unknown to me though I suspect it was because of some wrong spelling of Rossiya somewhere in middle ages by some european traveller or maybe because they heard that name from Germans who heard it from Poles who heard it firsthand. At least «Russia» resembles «Rossiya» somewhat, for example Chinese call China «Zhongguo» and themselves «Zhongguoren» which doesn't resemble «China» and «Chinese» even remotely.

3 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 10:50am On Nov 20, 2013
adaobi123: What brought you to this forum ?

One guy posted link here like a year ago in a thread about Africa. I was browsing through my bookmarks today and found it. Also found that facebook clone of yours called fancyarena but it appears to be dead. And I decided to make a thread here too for no reason.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 20, 2013
Ok. . . Has there ever been conflicts among different people because of the part of russia they come from?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:57am On Nov 20, 2013
Have you ever been to the part of siberia which was struck by meteorites? How does it look? Is the place recovering from the explosion?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Swaggot00(m): 11:03am On Nov 20, 2013
what your people did when i was in your country was to insult niggas and call us monkeys cos we gettin attention from your ladies... can u imagine one dude calling me over to ask if i love bananas' knew wat he meant i jst ignore d shit outta him. but your girls tho' they re fit bedically cool ...
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:08am On Nov 20, 2013
Nomski0: I once read that in Russia, the young dont take properly of their old.
How true is this?

Don't know about general situation but among my relatives people try to support each other as much as possible. Though sometimes its hard, for example my grandmother refuses to quit her job, she says that he hates being a parasite. She even got back to it after she broke her arm and almost had it amputated. What everyone is worried about is that she insists on working in her garden almost every day with her still healing arm (despite that 2 years have passed) and proceeds to tell everyone how bad and tired she feels after doing that. My other grandmother lives with her other relatives and although not working she helps with house and kids to them. As for grandfathers, one died from cancer and another is still working and full of energy despite being almost 70. My parents aren't even that old (they are in their 40s) to worry about.

There are of course examples of families where old people are treated as servants and if they cannot they get beaten, but that's usually in ultra poor families with alcoholic men present which is pretty rare nowadays.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:14am On Nov 20, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Ok. . . Has there ever been conflicts among different people because of the part of russia they come from?

Everyone hates chechens and dagestanis. They are muslims, they have wild accents and they are usually rude towards women and easily get angry even at jokes. Also many organized criminal organizations consists of them and they are known for their corrupt ways and family ties with which they illegally gain benefits.

Also everyone hates Muscovites and Petersburgers because they are considered arrogant assholes who think of themselves as of "best russians in Russia" (which is actually true) and expect everyone to treat them like important people when they visit small towns. Also the only cities in Russia where its considered cool to be pro-western liberal fighter for gay rights.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:16am On Nov 20, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Have you ever been to the part of siberia which was struck by meteorites? How does it look? Is the place recovering from the explosion?

No, but Chelyabinks isn't even in Siberia, that is Ural which is in between Sibera and Central Russia. The only place which was destroyed was some abandoned factory nobody cared about and lots of windows which were replaced in a few weeks. Not a big deal.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2013
The chechens and muscovites are they names of tribes?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 20, 2013
some username:

No, but Chelyabinks isn't even in Siberia, that is Ural which is in between Sibera and Central Russia. The only place which was destroyed was some abandoned factory nobody cared about and lots of windows which were replaced in a few weeks. Not a big deal.
hmmm it seems I've read something wrong, i read about an outer space rock which struck a part of russia which is now known as the siberian wasteland. This happened decades ago, i saw pictures of fallen trees and not a factory. Hmmm are we talking of the same incident?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 11:27am On Nov 20, 2013
homesteady:
undecided undecided You just ended up displaying your silliness! grin the guy couldn't even comprehend what you wrote grin 5 po^rn
honey, must u always be angry? Pun was intended sweetie
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:39am On Nov 20, 2013
Swaggot00: what your people did when i was in your country was to insult niggas and call us monkeys cos we gettin attention from your ladies... can u imagine one dude calling me over to ask if i love bananas' knew wat he meant i jst ignore d shit outta him. but your girls tho' they re fit bedically cool ...

You see, calling someone a niggеr isn't considered insulting here. The usual word for blacks here is «negr», and niggеr is a pretty new word which has same meaning but is also easier to pronounce. It has only recently that people started to know that its actually considered an insult in america and europe for some reason (though its just "black" in Latin).
As for bananas... well, get used to it. We constantly tease each other here, in school we teased ukrainian kid (though I am half ukrainian myself) because there is a stereotype that ukrainians love salo, then we teased a korean exchange student for eating dogs and chinese tourists for eating insects and eggs boiled in piss. When I moved from Far East to Siberia and started attending uni I and my fellow Far Easterners called local Siberians western barbarians while they called us rice gobbling cunt-eyeds. Don't know what about the rest of the world but here its considered fun to tease people based on their stereotypes (finns and estonians are slow, chinese are many and eat everything, japanese love being cool and suicide, caucasians are violent hairy muslim barbarians from mountains who love to copulate with sheep, blacks are cannibals and love bananas, chukchas are stupid and naive but honest, russians are miserable self-hating stupid drunkards, ukrainians are stupid russian-hating salo-loving peasants, etc).

People will chase anyone they find foreign or exotic. Since you are black, you cannot get even more exotic. If you are a black girl you'll be chased by guys, if a black guy by girls. Not mongoloids like chinese though, we have enough of our own mongoloids and they are considered normal.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:46am On Nov 20, 2013
Elliotwiz1: The chechens and muscovites are they names of tribes?

Chechens - native people of Chechnya - a Muslim region on the very south of Russia. There were rebellions there during the 90s in which Russia was very close to further dissolution, the shameful first Chechen war and a lot better second Chechen war. In the end, almost all ethnic russian civilian population of Chechnya was either killed or expunged from it, many Chechens died, western media blamed Russia for killing its own civilians in an attempt to deny them freedom of religion.

Muscovites - common english name for citizens of Moscow - the capital of Russia. Petersburgers - citizens of St. Petersburg - previous capital of Russia and second biggest city, famous for its museums, old buildings and its hipsters.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 11:48am On Nov 20, 2013
Elliotwiz1: hmmm it seems I've read something wrong, i read about an outer space rock which struck a part of russia which is now known as the siberian wasteland. This happened decades ago, i saw pictures of fallen trees and not a factory. Hmmm are we talking of the same incident?

That's probably Tunguskan meteorite which has fallen more than 100 years ago deep in the forest. It was forest then and is still forest now.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:04pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nice one. . I really laughed when i read about the chinese guy who eats eggs boiled in piss. Lmao. . But eating dogs is also common in some part of Nigeria, some people even eat snakes. Lol
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2013
"Hey MR russian, I want an SU-35 and an S400 missile defence system" undecidedundecided.

5 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
Henry120: "Hey MR russian, I want an SU-35 and an S400 missile defence system" undecidedundecided.
lol are you terrorist? Boko haram alert!

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2013
Elliotwiz1: Nice one. . I really laughed when i read about the chinese guy who eats eggs boiled in piss. Lmao. . But eating dogs is also common in some part of Nigeria, some people even eat snakes. Lol

There might be no chinese guy who ate piss-boiled eggs, its just that some chinese do it, so we could tease all those tourists about that.
Chinese are really weird, they always spit on the ground everywhere, talk loud and for some reason like to take photos of themselves with russian kids, especially with blonde ones. Also they poach our wildlife for their traditional medicine, kill our endangered tigers, pick our endangered herbs, poison and eat our pigeons and sparrows.
But on the other hand they spend their tourist money here and their food which doesn't include piss, worms or fetuses is actually very tasty and they don't get mad when you exchange jokes so its ok.

5 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 12:14pm On Nov 20, 2013
Henry120: "Hey MR russian, I want an SU-35 and an S400 missile defence system" undecidedundecided.

Pay a billion of dollars and we may talk.

6 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
I think say na only Nigerians dey do mumu things o, chinese people are crazy too. Can't stop laughing grin

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Nov 20, 2013
did your grandfather overdose on vodka?

are you a communist pig?

it gets really cold over there, are there any virgins left in Russia?

is your uncle in the KGB?

can you play Russian roulette?

are there comedians in Russia..why is everybody so serious over there?

are you a Nigerian student.......I read what you said...just asking again?

are you very sure of your answer to the above question?

do you know anyone whose name doesnt end with -ski or -rov

do you wish you were American?

is it snowing outside?...does it ever stop?

do you need a refrigerator in Russia?

what did you do with the body of the American that taught you English?....don't tell me you didn't kill him/her....the dirty capitalist

are Russian girls cold towards foreigners or is it the weather?

lastly..

do you think I am a spy?

24 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 12:43pm On Nov 20, 2013
rigormortis: did your grandfather overdose on vodka?
No, on cigarettes.
rigormortis:
are you a communist pig?
No.
rigormortis:
Average age of losing virginity in Russia is 18.
rigormortis:
No. KGB only remains in Belarus now, we have FSB here.
rigormortis:
Everybody can do it.
rigormortis:
We are not serious, we just are so good in comedy that we can joke about anything with straight faces.
rigormortis:
No.
rigormortis:
Yes.
rigormortis:
I don't know anyone who has such name, but know one guy with -rov ending family name. Also -ski is west slavic (aka polish) ending of family name and not russian while -rov is only when something ending with «r» gets -ov ending. I have -ov ending but not -rov.
rigormortis:
No.
rigormortis:
Yes, it will stop in April or May.
rigormortis:
Yes, but many people have underground storage in the garages where they store potato or other crops because the temperature there is always below zero thanks to permafrost.
rigormortis:
what did you do with the body of the American that thought you English?....don't tell me you didn't kill him/her....the dirty capitalist
I left him live his miserable NEET life, so that he would proceed to masturbate to cartoons and store his piss in bottles.
rigormortis:
Russian girls love foreigners especially rich ones.
rigormortis:
lastly..

do you think I am a spy?
No, spy would have known all that and wouldn't waste his time in this forsaken place.

77 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:45pm On Nov 20, 2013
Elliotwiz1: lol are you terrorist? Boko haram alert!

Lmao....... No be small boko-haram alert.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by since1914(m): 12:49pm On Nov 20, 2013
Dannylux: How long would it take a non Russian (Nigerian, precisely ) to learn to speak Russian?

I think it depends on your level commitment and the intensity of the language program you are taking. I once took a 9-month intensive Russian language program in Kiev, and today, I do not only speak intermediate Russian but also read and write in Russian (even though, I was just an average student then). On the other hand, I casually took Italian classes while living in Italy for a couple of years, yet my Russian language skills is still twice better than my Italian skills.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
rigormortis: did your grandfather overdose on vodka?

are you a communist pig?

what did you do with the body of the American that thought you English?....don't tell me you didn't kill him/her....the dirty capitalist

lastly..

do you think I am a spy?

What the hell man? You are very funny oh.

I'd also like to know if there are any russian comedians? Everyone looks too serious over there.......... Look at vladimir putin.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:58pm On Nov 20, 2013
some username: No, spy would have known all that and wouldn't waste his time in this forsaken place.
You're so funny, What's your age range? If you don't think It's too impertinent*
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by since1914(m): 1:08pm On Nov 20, 2013
There seem to be a lot of anti-Russian sentiments amongst the countries of the old Soviet Union. As can be seen from the on-going bitter debate in some of these countries over the propriety of Russian language as an official language or even as a language of instruction in schools. Do you think their reservations towards Russia are unfounded? What does the average Russian think about people from these countries?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!! / Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Coup Rumors In Zimbabwe, Tanks Head To Harare Over Mugabe's Row With Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.