Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

Ask A Russian Guy Anything. - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ask A Russian Guy Anything. (30459 Views)

Who Is Watching Head 2 Head Aljazeera, Mehdi Hassan Slaying A Russian MP, Nataly / Ask A Ghanaian Anything. / Let's Have Your Questions Here: Ask A Cameroonian? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by LadyH(f): 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
This is one educative hilarious thread. grin
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by bootlegaz: 10:26pm On Dec 01, 2013
fellis:

Abeg both of you should go and rest jor! Ars* kissers. Majority of people on this thread were very polite and some even praised OP's intelligence and thanked him for taking time to answer questions but una no see those ones, instead you came here to insult Nigerians and blacks because a few people poked jibes at OP.
Fact is that, you cannot get the same opinion or behaviour from every single poster in a thread with more than 150 posts, some people will appreciate, some will make fun and some will oppose OP's points, that's the way it is. We cannot all have the same opinions as humans and it doesn't mean Nigerians exibit stupidity or that blacks are gorrillas.

Stop kissing ars* and have some self esteem for god's sake.
You two should try starting a topic like this (as a Nigerian) on foreign websites like 4chan or reddit and see if you would get even half the courtesy we have been showing the Russian guy on this thread.
When a female Monkey exhibit similar intelligence as humans, her handler throws her a Banana for a job well done.I just sent you a Banana for attempting to sound intelligent
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:40pm On Dec 01, 2013
How loud was the sound the last time i farted?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Dec 01, 2013
Chinese are really weird, they always spit on the ground
everywhere, talk loud

yes, agree with you. on this. always. when l go to Togo, Lome to buy goods those guys keep spitting on the tiled floor right in their office

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Gdjay(m): 10:56pm On Dec 01, 2013
Bravoosii: Please what's the name of the book?
Its "charm school". It was written by Nelson Demille. Im not sure how 'touching' the book is, I think the book is almost crappy.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 11:05pm On Dec 01, 2013
Gdjay:
Its "charm school". It was written by Nelson Demille. Im not sure how 'touching' the book is, I think the book is almost crappy.

You're right about the title, I don't know how I have totally forgotten the title.

How can you say that book is crappy? What's crappy about it?
That book is very good and I got emotional reading some part of it.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 01, 2013
bootlegaz:
When a female Monkey exhibit similar intelligence as humans, her handler throws her a Banana for a job well done.I just sent you a Banana for attempting to sound intelligent
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Tbken: 11:20pm On Dec 01, 2013
Ok end of discussion...ON december 1st 2013 23:19 GMT +1 MR TBKEN was here
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by adminlo: 11:39pm On Dec 01, 2013
Hi my good russian friend , can you direct to a good and excellent programmer ? My email is flasurvey@gmail.com .

Besisdes send me your details . As pen pals, i couldd visit moscow soon .
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 11:53pm On Dec 01, 2013
This guy (Op) has left the thread. Come back & continue the discussion you started o!
@someusernames
It's very unusual for a foreigner on Nairaland to post a thread like this. Are you conducting a research or what?
I v doubts about your mission here. But if you are here on your free will with good intentions, you are welcome. I also commend you for taking your time to answer several questions.
Last Bullet:
* Why is Putin supporting Assad when it seems like Syria's killing her own people with chemical weapon?
* What's the crime of USA against Russia?
* Do you believe in African voodooism? If yes, do you know that you can be knacked with otumokpo, juju & you ll dry within 3 days if your mission on this site is evil?
Be WARNED!!!

2 Likes

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by babseg(m): 12:29am On Dec 02, 2013
E be like say KGB don arrest some username for giving out too much info abt abt Russia.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Caracta(f): 12:49am On Dec 02, 2013
Wow! I read from the first page. Funny thread.

I have questions for you OP. I just hope you'll be back soon.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 12:56am On Dec 02, 2013

I really love the OP's sense of humour.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by prettyboi1(m): 1:16am On Dec 02, 2013
bootlegaz:
I think you need to come out of your own skin to look back at yourself & see how silly you are & how much inferiority complex you're suffering from. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 1:35am On Dec 02, 2013
Why did the Russian guy nail his balls to the ground?
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 1:37am On Dec 02, 2013
densel: Chinese are really weird, they always spit on the ground
everywhere, talk loud

yes, agree with you. on this. always. when l go to Togo, Lome to buy goods those guys keep spitting on the tiled floor right in their office
They also eat anything that has 4 legs except tables, and everything that flies except airplanes! F**kin wierdos
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by eruudy(m): 2:30am On Dec 02, 2013
By far , one of the best topics on Nairaland ...

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 4:11am On Dec 02, 2013
Jade William:
So d Mr Higher than Average; Where's al this confidence comin frm?U think u'r smarter than Nigerians or what?Frm ur posts,ur English is whack&ur punctutions' re apology yet u claim 2hav knowledge of English. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
by far and large, your the dullest in this thread!!

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 5:48am On Dec 02, 2013
;DLMAO @ Muscovite...it's a name of a mineral amongst geologists.. buh err ehm...@op you do know and are interested in a lot of russian and european history for someone your age, also your english as you said is above the average russian almost like a native speaker, my take and many here is that you are a russian s*y lipsrsealed (at least still undergoin training) and you have been sent s*y on and infiltrate the nigerian youth...my question to you is what would the summary of your report look like(you do have to submit one, right?)
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by okoolomu: 7:29am On Dec 02, 2013
some username:
Nobody here understands it either.
From the first look it seems like tensions between national republics started to rise and Gorbachev decided to reform USSR into another union, less solid and with bigger responsibilities of national governments. But after USSR was disbanded and CIS was created Yeltsin suddenly usurped power in Russia, overthrew communists and banned communist party. Similar things happened in other republics except for Belarus and Belarus is the only country who is in CIS now except for Russia of course.

But if you dig deeper it seems like either Gorbachev himself or Yeltsin or both of them were either controlled by USA or were just outright CIA agents because what they did was pure traitory - they made it possible for our resources and scientific developments to be bought cheaply by Europe and US. The economy lay in ruins, people fled the country, starved, took drugs, forced each other into prostitution or mafia rings. As one of the ministers from that time said "We had no time to care about anything - we only had to destroy industry so that communists would never rise again".
People were overwhelmingly against USSR dissolution,yet Gorbachev allowed it to happen. Some strange snipers without uniforms were shooting and killing both supporters of Yeltsin, supporters of Parliament and even neutral military forces who tried to make opposing forces to negotiate. Thanks god it didn't slide into full-scale civil war.

Putin seems even a bigger mystery to everyone. He was appointed by Yeltsin and yet he basically saved Russia during the Chechen wars. He works perfectly in foreign politics but cannot make those corrupt asses to work good domestically. He is friends with some corrupt oligarchs and opposes other corrupt oligarchs. Nobody of common people knows what's going on there on top but at least Russia still exists and seems to be doing pretty well compared to 90s.

You are either a dreamer or a young person without any knowledge of the way communism as practiced in the Soviet Union worked. You said Belarus and Rossja are the only countries remaining in the CIS, have you asked yourself why? Even the useless British Commonwealth where no wealth is common has gained new members, but not the Rossian dominated CIS. It says a lot about the politics of your Government. It is really cheap to blame the West not? Anyway, the best and only thing I like about Rossja is their women. They know how to take care of men, though a lot of them are Animashaun.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by okoolomu: 7:44am On Dec 02, 2013
imperiouxx:

Blame it on our failed education system. This is always the consequence whenever a country careless about education. When a silly government and a silly committee believe that indefinite strike is the only thing that befits these able youths roaming the street and/or exhibiting their foolishness online.

Most with childish questions can't even differentiate between the year Nigeria got independence and the year it became a republic without checking online or successfully say the Nigerian national anthem without blabbing, let alone answering correctly how that territory got the name Nigeria.

I am an elderly person, and I can't say the Nigerian anthem. It is not knowledge to be able to recite the anthem and the pledge off head. More important I believe is to live the messages of those POEMS. How many people are faithful, loyal, and especially HONEST in Nigeria of today? Very few...
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Michyeddy(f): 7:53am On Dec 02, 2013
@Op,if you were feeling sleepy or you wanted going off,courtsey demands you inform us..stop disappearing like a "winch"(they exist incase you didn't know)
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by okoolomu: 7:55am On Dec 02, 2013
bootlegaz:

Between you and the person you are giving the banana to, judging from your utterances, you are definitely not the handler, but the monkey.

1 Like

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by dadicvila(m): 7:59am On Dec 02, 2013
Gdjay:
NELSON DEMILLE DOES NOT WRITE CRAP
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by okoolomu: 8:01am On Dec 02, 2013
5points:
by far and large, your the dullest in this thread!!

Indeed, he is really dull. He thinks Russians are colonial mentalist like himself/herself who think they're wise when they speak English.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by someusername: 8:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Holy shit, this thread has doubled in size overnight. What's happened?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 02, 2013
So d Mr Higher than Average; Where's al this confidence comin
frm?U think u'r smarter than Nigerians or what?Frm ur posts,ur
English is whack&ur punctutions' re apology yet u claim 2hav
knowledge of English.

@ Jade Williams... when he said this country, he was referring to Russia, so has higher the average knowledge of English than most Russians
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 02, 2013
some username: Holy shit, this thread has doubled in size overnight. What's happened?

While you were sleeping the rest of us were online. Welcome back.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by kaybee3(m): 9:04am On Dec 02, 2013
okoolomu:

You are either a dreamer or a young person without any knowledge of the way communism as practiced in the Soviet Union worked. You said Belarus and Rossja are the only countries remaining in the CIS, have you asked yourself why? Even the useless British Commonwealth where no wealth is common has gained new members, but not the Rossian dominated CIS. It says a lot about the politics of your Government. It is really cheap to blame the West not? Anyway, the best and only thing I like about Rossja is their women. They know how to take care of men, though a lot of them are Animashaun.
First of all, must we (Nigerians) start any conversation on here by dismissing the other party "You are either a dreamer or a young person without any knowledge of the way communism as practiced in the Soviet Union worked". I think it portrays how matured and intelligent you are if u just point out places you disagree with him, than calling names. Secondly, you should understand that every form of government has its good and bad. You may not like it, but USSR during their hay days was very advanced technologically, the military was to be reckoned with, although their ordinary citizens were not on par with those outside the Union (if you know what I mean). But if you take a look at China today, you can't tell me that theIr form of government isn't working for them. Thirdly, I don't think he was blaming the "west". What he said was how he disliked is own country men playing into the hands of the perceived rival to betray their own country. The "west" never went into USSR, so why will anyone accuse them of destroying it. That is just my take!
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by prettyboi1(m): 9:08am On Dec 02, 2013
some username:
Hear this name for the first time so sorry, also I am too young to remember 1994. I bet he lives in Moscow or Petersburg since he is (or was) a world class sportsman and Moscow is about 5000 km away from here so I doubt I'll meet him anytime soon.

I doubt anyone including that classmate of yours really thinks that ALL Africans are poor, in every country no matter how rich or poor it is there are always some very poor and some very rich people, its only a matter of proportions. Its just that in Africa all countries are poor so there are very few rich people and a lot of poor.
Why does media depicts all africans as poor and incapable of helping themselves? Probably because nobody outside of it cares what's happening there, be it wars or disasters or whatever. The only ones who care are charity organizations and they portray Africa as a hellhole full of starving children to get money from donators. Africa is like Balkans. Do you ever hear news from Bosnia or Albania other than some stories about human trafficking and poverty?
I have a justified problem with your analysis here. Firstly,you guys refer to "Africa " like it's one country. Wrong! Africa is a continent with 54 different countries. Secondly, even though I agree with you that there are rich & poor people in every of the world's countries & it's only all a matter of proportion, I still like to point out to you that NOT ALL AFRICAN COUNTRIES (as governments) ARE POOR. Just like every other continent of the world, there are rich, middle-economy & poor countries on the continent of Africa. For the most part of it though, there are more middle -economy countries in Africa than there are poor or rich. Ordinarily,this could even have been a lot better if not because of mismanagement which a lot(not all) of the governments on the continent of Africa are plagued with . Africa as a continent is POTENTIALLY supposed to be the wealthiest continent but it's this mismanagement that has cut that short. Long story cut short: not all countries in Africa (as governments) are poor.
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Ngasky(m): 9:09am On Dec 02, 2013
50calibre:

My dear Russian, you may not know this, but the highlighted is an insult not just to the people on this forum, but to Nigerians as a whole.

There are people on this forum who know so much about your beloved Russia.

Please refrain from making assumptions like this, it could be misinterpreted.
you ask a question he is frank to tell u the truth that he dont know and he only told u his perception is that a crime? You want a rerun of "oga at the top" stupidity?
When he said here he is not referring to Nigeria but Russia.(pronoun dude)
Re: Ask A Russian Guy Anything. by Inik(m): 9:11am On Dec 02, 2013
Interesting thread. This thread was pushed to the front page a bit too early, now the Op won't be able to keep up with the barrage of questions.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Iraq Court Orders Trump Arrest Over Drone Strike On Iran General / Russia Wants Ukraine War To End, The Sooner The Better - Putin / THE 50 Most Powerful Men In The World 2009!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.