Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,602 members, 7,955,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:46 PM

'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members (38966 Views)

NYSC Introduces Self-deployment For Prospective Corps Members / 2014 Batch C Corps Members Posted To Imo State / Okorocha Begins Payment Of N10,000 Alawi To Imo Corpers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by mencade6: 8:31pm On Nov 20, 2013
booqee: kai! Mencade you're a bad boy o! [s]So dats what you'll be doing to me whenever i'm not by ur side?? [/s]
booqee my dear, i cant do that to you na. Have i ever lied to you before? Trust me.

On a more serious note, send me a message to my email we need to talk,, include ur fone number too. Mencade5@gmail.com

point of warning to scammers and 419 people, you wont get me cause am smarter than you. Drop d idea
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Abagworo(m): 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2013
booqee: i knew he wasn't going to be consistent in the payment when i heard he's now paying them 10k. But you guys are still lucky.. Oshiomole is not paying us a dime in edo state. Its so annoying esp for me where my ppa is also not not paying me a kobo. After their one year of serving in his state, the batch c dat just passed out were given an alert of #1,500 on their POP day. imagine! For one year?! And to think he promised the outgone batch B before them 25K on their POP, and they're yet to get nothing till tomorrow. At least the batch c were lucky though...with 1500. undecided
Politricks! Hopefully, by the time it gets to my turn next year on POP, the 'yearly' allowee will be increased to #2000! Rubbish! angry

I feel bad when corpers write like they expect to earn money when actually they are meant to serve and manage what they get. No State goverment is mandated to pay Corpers. NYSC has a budget and States are not given any allocation for corpers allowance. The Governors that pay it, just do it as a kind gesture and hence the reason for its inconsistency.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 8:42pm On Nov 20, 2013
Okija_juju:

Its called corper passing out appreciation Allowee in Rivers State.. grin

But I thought Rochas was the Model Governor?! What about the Primary school and Secondary school children wey never use eye see their allowee since the first batch wey Rochas share by ehnself?! Whould they also be paid when they pass out?!

What about the Kerosene that Rochas lined up the entire Imo State inside stadium to share?! When will they get the next kerosene?! When they 'Pass-out' from waiting?!

SO if Rivers State is doing bad thing, it makes it okay for Nigerias No1 Golden Governor to do bad?!

mba nu!!

In 2005, Things were different.. grin Rochas was still in Ugwu Hausa training Nama and Nairaland didnt exist.. Plus you were broke and couldnt afford internet that year on your 4500 naira allowee. grin

SO what you are telling the corpers of Imo State that they should suffer it, afterall Rivers State is worse... grin grin grin
on point!

1 Like

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Abagworo(m): 8:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
booqee: i knew he wasn't going to be consistent in the payment when i heard he's now paying them 10k. But you guys are still lucky.. Oshiomole is not paying us a dime in edo state. Its so annoying esp for me where my ppa is also not not paying me a kobo. After their one year of serving in his state, the batch c dat just passed out were given an alert of #1,500 on their POP day. imagine! For one year?! And to think he promised the outgone batch B before them 25K on their POP, and they're yet to get nothing till tomorrow. At least the batch c were lucky though...with 1500. undecided
Politricks! Hopefully, by the time it gets to my turn next year on POP, the 'yearly' allowee will be increased to #2000! Rubbish! angry

I feel bad when corpers write like they expect to earn money when actually they are meant to serve and manage what they get. No State goverment is mandated to pay Corpers. NYSC has a budget and States are not given any allocation for corpers allowance. The Governors that pay it, just do it as a kind gesture and hence the reason for its inconsistency.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by santakris(m): 8:53pm On Nov 20, 2013
rafoid: Don't ur place of assignment pay u,
. Whaaat? Gbagaun
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by kcpumping(m): 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2013
Meaning??
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Ronkeleads: 9:09pm On Nov 20, 2013
[quote
author=submarine1]If you are still a serving corper, which am sure u
are, y nt comfirm frm past corpers who served in d state if dey had
similar experience b4 posting[/quote]
Dont mind Okorocha,his making national glory on things i doesnt d. I served in Imo last year,after all d heavy promise of heaven and earth he made to us b/4 his election, he won d man no remember corper again.
No state allawi in Imo o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o o. God pass u. Allah ya yisa. Olorun nbe o o o
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by betfair(m): 9:11pm On Nov 20, 2013
berem: Do you know the worst about Rivers State? Instead of paying the money directly into your account,they rather tell the corpers to come all the way down to portharcout to collect their accumulated alawi after they pass out. They give only 2 days for the payment. If you fail to show up,the money don enter voice mail. Some don't even get the info when the money is being paid. If not that my cousin had a friend on BB who usually gave her updates,she would have missed her money. Someone else cannot even collect on your behalf. Just imagine I reside in the north,that means I have to travel down to ph to collect my alawi. Isn't that wicked and callous? Many corpers who served in rivers state have lost their alawi because of this.

Now,tell me if this is not sheer wickedness on the part of the Rivers State Government?

My friend shutup. And pls tell your brother Okorocha to pay the corpers, afterall NO one forced him to make that promise. I wonder how much he pays you as his SPECIAL ADVISER ON NL ISSUES grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by hillaryokpe: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
hahahaha soqy 2 al doz dat have nt know Okorocha. Dat man na guy man, he is vry curny/ trickish even more dan tortoise o. Is beta tortoise trick u dan him.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 20, 2013
Abagworo:

excuse me, na oshiomole carry him two left legs come orientation camp and PROMISED, i repeat, PROMISED the 2013 batch A corp members in d camp dat he will start paying all edo state corpers #10,000. Nobody put a gun to his head b4 he made the promise. And dat was february dis year, till date no corp member has been paid anything not even one month like imo state. That was the same way he promised the batch B that passed out this june dat in a week time, they'll recieve an alert of #25k, fast forward to five month later, none of them has been paid. I know states are not mandated to pay corp members but a situation whereby you're making empty promises keeping the hopes of the people high and dashing those hopes in the end is sheer wickedness and corruption.

3 Likes

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by mencade6: 9:33pm On Nov 20, 2013
booqee: excuse me, na oshiomole carry him two left legs come orientation camp and PROMISED, i repeat, PROMISED the 2013 batch A corp members in d camp dat he will start paying all edo state corpers #10,000. Nobody put a gun to his head b4 he made the promise. And dat was february dis year, till date no corp member has been paid anything not even one month like imo state. That was the same way he promised the batch B that passed out this june dat in a week time, they'll recieve an alert of #25k, fast forward to five month later, none of them has been paid. I know states are not mandated to pay corp members but a situation whereby you're making empty promises keeping the hopes of the people high and dashing those hopes in the end is sheer wickedness and corruption.
my angel you just spoke d truth. I will always support u, front and back. Reply my message.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by ChinoElectz: 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
Okorosha is the biggest clown I have seen. To even think that the same clueless gov has borrowed over 200billion within 3yrs with nothing on the ground to show for it is quite disheartening. Imo state graduates run to the neighboring states for economic survival upon graduation. Most roads in the state are bad, contractors are owed, few projects he started are abandoned for 2yrs now, nothing is working in the state. Meanwhile the gov is busy talking and hyping himself. Imo state has been so unlucky with govs since 1999. Hope they get it right in 2015.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Ryda(m): 9:37pm On Nov 20, 2013
In summary the man dey fvck up
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Niseamaka(m): 9:40pm On Nov 20, 2013
Buoyantic: My grin grin grin Fiancee and I....who cares

Baby big boy
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 20, 2013
olabukola: To God all mighty Ibo people will rubbish APC, for APC to make a headway, close door fro Ibo people.

You were always so rational, but today, what happened?

1 Like

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Easy1401(m): 9:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Nndo! Our Own Great Ochendo is taking Good care of Us in Abia state ooo! Am proud 2 serv in Abia state!
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by millionaireman: 10:03pm On Nov 20, 2013
Pls help:. No single major road in Orlu town is navigable, contractors excavated all of them long ago. Let someone help tell Gov. Okorocha to ask contractors to asphalt the roads excavated in Orlu. The town is worst hit. Hardship is becoming unbearable for inhabitants. Pls, pls, politics apart, do this now.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Onyegecha(f): 10:07pm On Nov 20, 2013
No segment of Imo society is spared the evil wind called Rochanomics, Rochanization, Rochacraziness. I have always said that Imo people need urgent rescue from this fake rescue mission.

2 Likes

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by crisycent: 10:17pm On Nov 20, 2013
I'm serving in imo, tho still on orientation stuff. If dis governor no pay d 10k wen hin promise, I go give 10,000 imo girls belle and I no go pay pride price. grin
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Okijajuju1(m): 10:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
booqee: excuse me, na oshiomole carry him two left legs come orientation camp and PROMISED, i repeat, PROMISED the 2013 batch A corp members in d camp dat he will start paying all edo state corpers #10,000. Nobody put a gun to his head b4 he made the promise. And dat was february dis year, till date no corp member has been paid anything not even one month like imo state. That was the same way he promised the batch B that passed out this june dat in a week time, they'll recieve an alert of #25k, fast forward to five month later, none of them has been paid. I know states are not mandated to pay corp members but a situation whereby you're making empty promises keeping the hopes of the people high and dashing those hopes in the end is sheer wickedness and corruption.

According to abagworo, it's not corruption or wickedness, it's "you should be grateful you even saw 10'k".... grin
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by larkz(m): 10:30pm On Nov 20, 2013
Didn't receive a kobo from Rochas.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by FlyboyZee: 10:32pm On Nov 20, 2013
Buoyantic: My grin grin grin Fiancee and I....who cares

I swear, I don fire that babe like 10 times. Fiance indeed...
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by uyplus(m): 10:38pm On Nov 20, 2013
berem: So its because of one month arrears of allowance that made the poster to open this thread? He also had to display his account details to score a point? Rivers state is even worse. My cousin served in Rivers last year and they weren't paid until the passed out. It has been a trend in rivers state not to pay their corpers until they pass out. How they survived throughout the year is by God's grace. Only one month and the op is making noise. Abeg make I hear word! I also served in 2005 and was owed allowance for 4 months, I no come open thread for nairaland. At the end I was still paid before I passed out.

Mad man. I redlopyd frm imo state to fct wen I ws serving. Rochas went arnd sayg he pays corps health proffesnls da highest in ngr. At da end of da day we discoverd dey wer lies n 90% of da docs n pharmacist redlopyd to detrimnt of da state.dey state govt tried to block our redplymnt buh God nor gree em..
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by CharliParker: 10:41pm On Nov 20, 2013
Imo state dont know what the have, Owelle is a very nice man kudos to u my Govnor, best Govnor so far
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by CharliParker: 10:46pm On Nov 20, 2013
Onyegecha: No segment of Imo society is spared the evil wind called Rochanomics, Rochanization, Rochacraziness. I have always said that Imo people need urgent rescue from this fake rescue mission.
Bad thank God good thank God, it left for you to pray hard I know Owelle will pay you in full
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by danjalingo: 10:50pm On Nov 20, 2013
Mellin: that man na thief....am a student of imsu...he claims we r on free education whereas we pay 30k ..building roundabouts up n down owerri axis ....infact he is a devil sent

at 30k, it is still 'very free' my guy. ask those st LASU how much the best governor collects from them, you go bless God.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Nobody: 10:52pm On Nov 20, 2013
Flyboy Zee:

I swear, I don fire that babe like 10 times. Fiance indeed...
if i hear
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by chidinwachukwu(m): 10:57pm On Nov 20, 2013
Almost all APC governors were once Product of PDP,at Least Ngige and Rochas are good Examples,and what a snake gives birth to Must be Long.I don't kno why People are expecting these Men to be different from the wood from which they were Carved From.Do not be Deceived all Nigerian Politicians are the same why Some are doing well is Because the Have Much more Money to work with.Lagos,RIvers and Akwaibom.I rest my case

1 Like

Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by danjalingo: 11:10pm On Nov 20, 2013
django1:

You were always so rational, but today, what happened?

how much does APC governors in the S/W pay 'corpers'
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by paschalndidi(m): 11:15pm On Nov 20, 2013
The man started well as a governor but i dont know what went wrong. He's become over ambitious politically. Maybe its the party he joined that influenced him
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by Onyejiuwaokoh: 11:19pm On Nov 20, 2013
When Rochas promised to build African tallest building in Imo state in 2011, people nearly stoned me when i described it as malaria dream but i have been justified by what is on ground. If the man should use the money he spends in advertisement for Imo people, i think Imo should have been the most developed state in Nigeria. Rochas, the more you look at his governance the less you see.
Re: 'okorocha Tricked Us' -imo Corps Members by kudoxs(m): 11:24pm On Nov 20, 2013
No b okorocha? Na 2day. Abeg gimme ota piapia make I spray 4 rum b4 sleepin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NYSC: A Litmus Test For A Faithful Wife/girlfriend / 74-Year-Old Grandma Rocks NYSC Outfit (Photo) / Steer Clear Of Relationship(s) In NYSC Camp And During Service Year

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.