Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:42 AM

How Was Last ICAN November Diet? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How Was Last ICAN November Diet? (14477 Views)

ICAN November 2023 Diet Exam - Let's Meet Here / ICAN November Diet 2014 (new Syllabus) / ICAN Intermediate 2013 November Diet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by gbengress1: 5:38pm On Nov 21, 2013
Fellow ICAN students, let's hear your view about last November Diet exam.
As for me, my exam centre was Ibadan and I wrote PE 1. The AA and IT was not that friendly..
Let's hear your own side of the story

2 Likes

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
wrote sfm, it was easy cheesy, aca loading
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 1:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
BCRM was something else. I wrote in benin center. About 80% fresh questions and 20% indirect questions. And when I say fresh questions- I mean as fresh as tomatoes. I know God will no fail me. PE 1 loading wink wink by his Grace I have conquered it.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by olabert: 5:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
@Eddyjibs

SFM question (3), No cost of capital in the question.... and we need to calculate NPV.
the example of similar question i have in my SFM textbook has Cost of capital.. i assumed 10% DCF.

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 22, 2013
olabert: @Eddyjibs

SFM question (3), No cost of capital in the question.... and we need to calculate NPV.
the example of similar question i have in my SFM textbook has Cost of capital.. i assumed 10% DCF.
10 percent also, I also have dat text book hehehehehe, evertin was inside, for dat question 1, sales will increase from 300 to 1100, I ignore it Did u
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 22, 2013
oh boy, I goofed that no 3 question in sfm. I mistakenly did not assume any cost of capital and instead just deducted the calculated contribution from the initial outlay. O boy, fear don dey catch after I realize my mistake. Hopefully, Ican wont fail me coz I really need this ACA to get a job. And dat question easy oo.... Chai
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by lincolnj88: 6:25pm On Nov 22, 2013
. grin walahi dis thread is not for me oh.....
but I gbaduu.acct , I am gud at it........
Let me find an apc vs pdp thread jor... grin

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by rahamAllah: 6:36pm On Nov 22, 2013
I will be writing the next diet (in sha Allah).
And will not write a diet twice.(In sha Allah)
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by miteolu(m): 6:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
olabert: @Eddyjibs

Yes, you are right. I assumed 10% for NPV. ICAN always compensate such with 5marks if are able to attemp the question with ur right assumption
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
rahamAllah: I will be writing the next diet (in sha Allah).
And will not write a diet twice.(In sha Allah)
my guy, no be by prayer alone o. A lot of effort, time and money goes into it as well....... So if u know u will be writing next diet, Start reading now!! Especially if u are starting 4rm PE1. A lot of textbooks and other materials to cover.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by komek(m): 6:50pm On Nov 22, 2013
Paroman:
my guy, no be by prayer alone o. A lot of effort, time and money goes into it as well....... So if u know u will be writing next diet, Start reading now!! Especially if u are starting 4rm PE1. A lot of textbooks and other materials to cover.

So for those who wants to start from the scratch, shey na foundation una dey call am sef, when shud dey start ?
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 6:59pm On Nov 22, 2013
komek:

So for those who wants to start from the scratch, shey na foundation una dey call am sef, when shud dey start ?
depends on the number of papers u are writing at the foundation level. If it is just 2, then u prolly still have the luxury to start reading next year but if u are going to write 3 papers and u are not gonna use a tuition centre, I'd rather advise u to start now. May diets are not always dat easy o.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by ajanaku2(m): 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
It feels good being a Chartered Accountant!

I wish you Guys success! E no easy!

3 Likes

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Nov 22, 2013
Paroman: oh boy, I goofed that no 3 question in sfm. I mistakenly did not assume any cost of capital and instead just deducted the calculated contribution from the initial outlay. O boy, fear don dey catch after I realize my mistake. Hopefully, Ican wont fail me coz I really need this ACA to get a job. And dat question easy oo.... Chai
number one nko, d sales will be increase from 300 to 1100, I no use am at all, used 40 nd 34 , arbitage own after d calculations I made, der was no gain in switching ( I confuse o), dividend easy
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by seuneniola(m): 7:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pls don't scare intending candidates for next year may diet. It might interest u to know that more people qualified in may than d November diet judging from past records. Am a living testimony of May diet.
Wishing all of u a brilliant success wen result is out.
Oluwaseun ACA.

Paroman:
depends on the number of papers u are writing at the foundation level. If it is just 2, then u prolly still have the luxury to start reading next year but if u are going to write 3 papers and u are not gonna use a tuition centre, I'd rather advise u to start now. May diets are not always dat easy o.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by JustZoe(m): 7:16pm On Nov 22, 2013
Good to see this thread. I have some queations to ask hoping somebody wil answer me. I want to write ICAN and will like to know when d registration will start, how much it will cost, and how many months it will cost me. Im a graduate. Pls ur urgent response is appreciated. Thank you.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by eluquenson(m): 7:20pm On Nov 22, 2013
So people still they write this exam undecided
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Onyiip(f): 7:24pm On Nov 22, 2013
goodluck to all who sat for the november diet

i would be sitting for may and would like to know the recommended textbooks
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 7:26pm On Nov 22, 2013
seuneniola: Pls don't scare intending candidates for next year may diet. It might interest u to know that more people qualified in may than d November diet judging from past records. Am a living testimony of May diet.
Wishing all of u a brilliant success wen result is out.
Oluwaseun ACA.

Errrrrr..... I am not actually trying to scare anyone..... And really? U mean people do pass May diets than November diets? I have always found May diet past questions more difficult to solve and it seems to me the failure rate is higher with may diets compared to November diet. I might be wrong though..... .
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by LordMecuzy(m): 7:34pm On Nov 22, 2013
Me Na May Diet Things Aswear, am so scared of it, its my First Time . But God Dey sha,
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by lovejo(m): 7:37pm On Nov 22, 2013
I'm writing ACCA P7 on Dec2, only paper I need to pass and become an affiliate. Wish me goodluck.

1 Like

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by sniperwolf(m): 7:39pm On Nov 22, 2013
The BCRM was something else. I was skeptical about that Chi-Square question, I couldn't wahala fathom which data was the observed and expected.

ICAN should just make it clear that they DON'T set questions according to their syllabus
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
eddyjibs: number one nko, d sales will be increase from 300 to 1100, I no use am at all, used 40 nd 34 , arbitage own after d calculations I made, der was no gain in switching ( I confuse o), dividend easy
Omo, I did the same thing u did o. I ignored the increase in sales since I felt it had no direct correlation with the calculation of cash inflows to be attributed to the project. And I also got 40 million and 34 million except that I ended up getting a negative amount as my NPV. Omo dat no 3 mistake still dey pain me.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by tinatona25: 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
As for me, my exam centre was Ibadan and I wrote PE 1. The AA and IT was not that friendly..
shocked
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by tinatona25: 8:07pm On Nov 22, 2013
cheesy
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by heyihola: 8:08pm On Nov 22, 2013
It seems this is the right time I will start writing ICAN exams again
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by LaRochelle(f): 8:09pm On Nov 22, 2013
I did mine in UNILAG. The BCRM was crazy. When I saw the questions, I was like shocked. I don't know how an examiner can pack only research questions in multiple choice, and pack communication questions in SAQ. SAQ was not friendly. The theory ehn, I just messed up question 5. The chi square question, I don't know if what I did the correct thing but I rejected the null hypothesis. All in all sha, ICAN should better take time. Na only one paper I write, I have to pass it.

@ PE 1 students, how was your MA? The man that sat beside me did not write anything tangible. No ask me how I take know. He was just staring at his question paper. One of my friends was like we should reserve space for him, that he knows he'd write MA again.

2 Likes

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by librangyps(f): 8:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
wrote PE 1, d audit and IT was something else. God abeg o!
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by UjSizzle(f): 8:13pm On Nov 22, 2013
I realised November diet's quite easier than May undecided

Just my observation on the average, i may be wrong.
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by librangyps(f): 8:15pm On Nov 22, 2013
funny enough, MA was d only paper i found cheap, though messed up d case study, but d other three questions i chose, saq and obj just perfect. very optimistic bout MA
La Rochelle:

@ PE 1 students, how was your MA? The man that sat beside me did not write anything tangible. No ask me how I take know. He was just staring at his question paper. One of my friends was like we should reserve space for him, that he knows he'd write MA again.

Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by sueto471: 8:17pm On Nov 22, 2013
gbengress1: Fellow ICAN students, let's hear your view about last November Diet exam.
I wrote FA for the second time but I'm believing God for success this time. It is well Bro.....
Re: How Was Last ICAN November Diet? by pharez08: 8:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
I wrote FRE and itz beta than d may diet..wishing all success. Any1 who wants to write ICAN will start frm foundation except d person has HND or Bsc Accounting dat he/she will start frm PE1.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What Was Your Childhood Ambition And Which Work Are You Doing Now? (Pic) / Six (6) Steps With Which You Can Kick Start Your Career As A Freshman In The Uni / A Nairalander Needs You To Proffer Solutions Regarding Her Career Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.