Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,299 members, 7,839,466 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:55 PM

Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate (12411 Views)

Problems Encountered By The Introduction Of The New Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit / Vehicle Tinted Glass Permit Now Free-nigerian Police. / My Truck Impounded Today because Of Tinted Permit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by tellwisdom: 10:14am On Nov 22, 2013
donphilopus: Those coloured(dark) glasses wey U o go 4 fit C D person wey dey inside motor

Aaah. Better person. I get now cool. Car cover abi??
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by donphilopus: 10:16am On Nov 22, 2013
tellwisdom:

grin

1 Like

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Exponental(m): 10:16am On Nov 22, 2013
Police n military are d no 1 culprits. Even their vehicles dont have valid licences.
On d oda hand, dis is money making 4 d police.
Police- can i see ur tinted permit
motorist- here is it
p- dis is fake, there is no signature, d stamp is not clear
m- i got it from ur hq
p- hope u know ur fine, N50,000 n jail term, but i can help u wit d jail term if u pay N100,000.
M- i dont av any money to pay, it's original
p- (walks away), wen u are ready, u come up.
This christmas go rossy for police 4 sure.

1 Like

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Rexceedo: 10:18am On Nov 22, 2013
Yoshi-Master:
Sometimes all these laws in Nigeria just make me laugh.

What is the original purpose of a tint, isn't it to filter some of the suns rays, thereby keeping you cooler?

In saner climes, they have a tint value not to be exceeded, but here look what we have. Keep in mind that Nigeria is one hot muthafuc....

So clap for dummies, one again they have excelled in stupidity. No scientific approach whatsoever, they just say ban them all.

Now there is jail time, just imagine being in a cell with like hardened guys, and every body is telling their war stories.
"Hey what u in for?", "stealing",
"u?", "I killed someone, but I regret it"
"u?", "I stole a car"
"What about you, new guy?", "me?", "well I was driving a tinted car."

Expect a ban on sunglasses soon, police officers need to be able to see ur eyes, so they can know if you're looking at them funny.
na im, Nigerians likes boosting without finding d actual use of d thing they boost with

1 Like

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by mooregan(m): 10:19am On Nov 22, 2013
Okija_juju: Oya Law makers, Arrest una selfs first as I can bet my last card say over 50% of una dey use Tinted glass cars with Mopol..

This law should be ammended to vehicles that are artificially tinted.. angry
Did u say 50%?? 99.99% of dem use tinted glass.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Exponental(m): 10:24am On Nov 22, 2013
mooregan:
Did u say 50%?? 99.99% of dem use tinted glass.
u don vex........ So ur 0.01% is for d front windscreen abii?
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by YoshiMaster: 10:26am On Nov 22, 2013
Rexceedo: na im, Nigerians likes boosting without finding d actual use of d thing they boost with

Really pathetic!
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Caprison(m): 10:30am On Nov 22, 2013
waleadex: It is ok. It is going to help in reducing common crimes associated to automobiles.
'ABIA'.....

1 Like

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Gabassin: 10:34am On Nov 22, 2013
wht abt bullion van?
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 22, 2013
Burger01: The senates should define what 'tinted' is and type of tinted vehicle. There are some vehicles with all round tinted and there are some with windscreens, passenger and drivers glasses untinted and which of course the security could see the driver and passenger clearly. Senate should also come out clearly what amount we are expected to pay for tinted permits. Currently I heard the amount is 15k. Is this amount not exorbitant?

My point exactly, let's have full answers and complete details.

So that one knows how to handle those blokes in black should they bring their wahala.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by taigee: 10:51am On Nov 22, 2013
We don't make any, we only make laws against the ones made by other. smh cry
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Reptyle(m): 11:03am On Nov 22, 2013
Burger01: The senates should define what 'tinted' is and type of tinted vehicle. There are some vehicles with all round tinted and there are some with windscreens, passenger and drivers glasses untinted and which of course the security could see the driver and passenger clearly. Senate should also come out clearly what amount we are expected to pay for tinted permits. Currently I heard the amount is 15k. Is this amount not exorbitant?

So in essence, what these jobless senators are saying is that for 15k, a kidnapper or terrorist can get permit for tinted glass and carry on with his "good job."

Hmmm! Issorait! grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Reptyle(m): 11:07am On Nov 22, 2013
taigee: We don't make any, we only make laws against the ones made by other. smh cry

Na so we dey see am for this country o!!!

I'm sure the real question in the mind of these senators is: "How dare these "common Nigerians" use tinted glasses like us?"

6 Likes

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by khattab02: 11:07am On Nov 22, 2013
yomalex: including themselves ?
Lol.. Themselves ke? For where, It is for the average and poor Nigerian.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Reptyle(m): 11:11am On Nov 22, 2013
Yoshi-Master:

Expect a ban on sunglasses soon, police officers need to be able to see ur eyes, so they can know if you're looking at them funny.

Well they already banned t-shirts with "POLICE" inscribed on it and I was wondering then if they would also ban sunglasses by POLICE grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by khattab02: 11:15am On Nov 22, 2013
Reptyle:

Na so we dey see am for this country o!!!

I'm sure the real question in the mind of these senators is: "How dare these "common Nigerians" use tinted glasses like us?"
Gbaam! U korrect man.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Afolabs101: 11:21am On Nov 22, 2013
[b]The law is and always has been, the use of factory fitted tinted windows is allowed with a permit

Officially, the idea of the permit is to keep a record of people using tinted windows, so that if you use your tinted window to engage in criminal acts, it should be easier to trace you.

Unofficially, this is the Senate's endorsement or legal backing for what is essentially revenue generator for the NPF.

My advice to you:

1- If your tinted windows are NOT factory fitted, whether you have a licence or not, you are breaking the law! Permits are given for "factory fitted tinted windows" and NOT. Drive with non-factory fitted tints at your own peril. Because even now, a police or FRSC officer can impound your vehicle and prosecute you.

2- If you drive a jeep with factory fitted tinted windows at the rear, go to the nearest NPF Force Headquarters Annexe (in Lagos go to Kam Salem House at Obalende) and get a permit for factory fitted tinted windows. The police say its free but it should cost between N15-20k. If you get a permit from the Local Government or other police stations and you are stopped while driving, it is likely they will hold you. [/b]
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Afrok(m): 11:22am On Nov 22, 2013
Ok... It seems dis doesn't concern me coz my car no even get glass (don't ask for d model)grin not to mention tinted @ d back of d glass. Well not a bad development sha, but obeying laws in Nigeria na something else coz d enforcers will still violate d law.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by khattab02: 11:23am On Nov 22, 2013
Chei! Police don Rich!! They will make alot from it eh!. This one no ''I abeg sir'' show me your permit or risk 50k and jail term or you know na, roger 10k with serious begging. NPF I hail thee!
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by lekkie073(m): 11:36am On Nov 22, 2013
OK....I will remove it cool
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 22, 2013
Since when did tinted glasd become such a magnomous issue as to be passed into law.... Lol Nigeria is a funny Country......

1 Like

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by paulworld(m): 11:48am On Nov 22, 2013
Sometimes It's so annoying to be a Nigerian, imagine all this r$r just for the citizens
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by jajajaja828: 12:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
Thank God i have a tinted permit for my highlander. i hope Nigeria Police on the road will understand the law very well.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by condralbede(m): 12:42pm On Nov 22, 2013
tellwisdom:

yes u fit dey straf person no go see u evn.that's y our politicians dey like use am wel wel.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Originalsly: 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2013
Help me understand this "law". It says the law requests that you SHOULD...not must....should change from tinted to transparent within 14 days of import/purchase. Then it says you SHOULD...not must...should apply for tint permit within 90 days of import/purchase. This means I can be driving with tints on day 88 on the excuse that I am applying for tint permit.....according to the law. They need to flex with tints....especially factory tints.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by delegiwa(m): 12:52pm On Nov 22, 2013

Pally, N15k is too cheap. A colleague did hers for N25k @ the Trans Amadi Police Station.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Nobody: 1:14pm On Nov 22, 2013
gboss4sure: Till the day the lawmakers passes a bill against corruption, that will be the day i will start taking them serious. They should make the punishment for corruption a death penalty.
Ur comment clearly shows that u don't understand the meaning of corruption.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Testerfuze(m): 2:01pm On Nov 22, 2013
Pyrrho:
Ur comment clearly shows that u don't understand the meaning of corruption.
And wats d meanin of corruption

*grab my pen nd paper*
Oya talk naw

1 Like

Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 22, 2013
truth_bastille: We really underestimate the stup1d.ity of some so called lawmakers. A country like Nigeria that has very hot climate and scorching sun, it's doesn't require moderate I.Q to know u.v protection is needed. THESE GLASSES ARE COLOURED TO PROTECT THE INTERIOR OF THE CAR AND IT'S OCCUPANTS. GOSH!!!!!

Don't mind the useless people. If they have 10cars, all of them are tinted ...

No legislation on tackling the canker worm, divisive, destructive force called CORRUPTION which all of them are basking n soaked in. Dirty politicians that will always disguise personal ambition as public concern.
Re: Users Of Tinted Glass Risk N50,000 Fine, 6-Month Jail Term —Senate by festcool(m): 2:23pm On Nov 22, 2013
15k that one na big lie,I did mine for 25k in zone 5 in Benin,they said 20k was for the IG and 5k for the paper work.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Fashola: Bad Roads Not Cause Of Accidents On Highways / Pls Help Code P0773 Shift Solenoid "E" Malfunction. / Stop, Car Too Low - Error On Mercedes Benz Cls 500 - Sienna - Any Idea?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.