Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,950 members, 7,956,579 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 02:32 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (159318 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 12:38am On Jan 28, 2018
Comeandcollect:
Please is it possible to buy a Range Rover body and put a sound Toyota Engine on it, I want to have a customized Range/Toyota SUV.

What could be the disadvantage of this move?
I believe with a good team of electricians we can set this up and eliminate common problems of Range Rover in Nigeria such as poor fuel, air bag faults, frequent engine services etc.

. Yes is possible if it can be done on discovery the it can on the range sports check ou the Toyota 1uz-fe engine 4wd automatic in land rover discovery on youtube by the germans

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 11:59pm On Jan 28, 2018
dehavillandboy:
. Yes is possible if it can be done on discovery the it can on the range sports check ou the Toyota 1uz-fe engine 4wd automatic in land rover discovery on youtube by the germans

Those are Russians, and if you watched the video, you can clearly see it's an LR3, it can take as much abuse as possible.

LR3 has a V6 variant, the Range Rover or Range Rover Sport dont have a V6 variant. Go figure.....

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 12:12am On Jan 29, 2018
Is it because of the cost of engine that the conversion is needed? Is it by force to drive a range rover?

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 3:10pm On Jan 29, 2018
See those engines the russians put are v8 see its simple and accept it LR3 cant share the same platform with range sports and if the can put toyota v8 in lr3 they can also put it in the range sports see the video u see the engine pulls very well. The same russians put the 1uz and 3uz in a porche cayenne and i wont even know its not a porsche engine bcuz it pulls so well

quote author=LeJeun3 post=64597788]

Those are Russians, and if you watched the video, you can clearly see it's an LR3, it can take as much abuse as possible.

LR3 has a V6 variant, the Range Rover or Range Rover Sport dont have a V6 variant. Go figure.....

[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 3:13pm On Jan 29, 2018
Yes its bcuz in my country Cameron the cost of the range engine is twice the price of the engine in naija, here the engine is sold for not less than 1.8m naira without gearbox mine and u dnt seenthe engine anywhere here u must order it from the Naija, dubai, europe or the US.

helpishere:
Is it because of the cost of engine that the conversion is needed? Is it by force to drive a range rover?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 3:16pm On Jan 29, 2018
[
Yes its by force i.must drive a range a lot of ranges are abandoned in lagos so many all those owners will be more than happy to have the toyota v8, the diesel engine is not as powerful as the Toyota petrol v8 yet it pulls the body of the range so u can imagine when u put the toyota v8 petrol.
author=helpishere post=64598011]Is it because of the cost of engine that the conversion is needed? Is it by force to drive a range rover?[/quote]
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:35pm On Jan 29, 2018
The difference between the price in Cameroon and Nigeria is just 500k. We always advice the owners to get good ones from the US. At 3400usd, it is even cheaper in the US. I was once being towed recently in a 1982 range rover with a Toyota engine and the fuel tank is linked to a Jerry can by the driver's side. That will be the end of the modified version.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 9:43pm On Jan 29, 2018
See sir u dnt know what ur saying abt 500k difference i live in this country here Nigerian spare part dealers sell engines at least 4 times the price in naija and im gonna experiment bcuz the russian did an impressively good job and the car pulls like a supercharged. Inshort i will badge mine a supercharged. And will male sure no one will open my engine to see the real deal.

sooperrescue:
The difference between the price in Cameroon and Nigeria is just 500k. We always advice the owners to get good ones from the US. At 3400usd, it is even cheaper in the US. I was once being towed recently in a 1982 range rover with a Toyota engine and the fuel tank is linked to a Jerry can by the driver's side. That will be the end of the modified version.

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:17am On Jan 30, 2018
If they sell engines for 1.8m in Cameroon and in Lagos, they sell it at 1.3m, what is the difference? No one disputes the fact that the Toyota engine will not work but how long will it serve before it gives up the ghost.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2018

You seem not to understand a few things about engine transplants, the weight of the Range Rover Sport or Range Rover full body is more than the LR3....

Quote me, no Toyota V8 engine will mate to the 6HP transmission ....

dehavillandboy:
See those engines the russians put are v8 see its simple and accept it LR3 cant share the same platform with range sports and if the can put toyota v8 in lr3 they can also put it in the range sports see the video u see the engine pulls very well. The same russians put the 1uz and 3uz in a porche cayenne and i wont even know its not a porsche engine bcuz it pulls so well

quote author=LeJeun3 post=64597788]

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 9:44pm On Jan 30, 2018

You are looking at the cost of the engine alone......

ECU remap??

Transmission

Auxiliary??

BCU downgrade??

Suspension??

Just buy a Toyota

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 12:12am On Jan 31, 2018
He must drive a range rover but he want to put toyota engine, is that one range rover?

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 12:28am On Jan 31, 2018
You guys will not kill me the toyata engines first of all are by far more reliable than the range rover engines that and unguys know that even americans put Chevrolet engines into range rovers they are more performant and no one cars whats under ur hood they just wanna see ur car pass and they admire it. You talking y does range rover not make their own gearboxes they rely on the German ZF to make for them

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 12:33am On Jan 31, 2018
Be dreaming that's what u think its jot expensive if u dnt know the most difficult parts are getting the engine and gearbox n harness and ecu the rest is just childs play

LeJeun3:

You are looking at the cost of the engine alone......

ECU remap??

Transmission

Auxiliary??

BCU downgrade??

Suspension??

Just buy a Toyota

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 6:43am On Jan 31, 2018
So in the end you have a chevrolet engine inside a range rover and then you remember that there is even no parts for the smaller chevrolets in Africa, so where will you now get replacement parts for the chevrolet 4.8 engine? In the long run you will spend more than the amount it will take you to buy a good used range rover engine. I can send you the link for buying good engines in the Us. Www.Swengines.com. Like Sooperrescue once stated, Range rovers are for directors and not managers

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 10:49am On Jan 31, 2018
Lol directors may not be as rich as managers do ur homework
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:49pm On Jan 31, 2018
dehavillandboy:
Lol directors may not be as rich as managers do ur homework

I have never met a director is very rich. They want the best for their cars so they go for the best. They are the same people that uses Castrol Edge on their cars without bating a lid. Managers manage oils, used parts instead of new and so will cut corners. Let us ask anyone on the forum if their engines died because they were using Castrol? Can you also tell us the oil that you used to service the range that knocked. There are lr4 in the market without an engine selling for 2.4m. Oil is the key. And only directors use the right oil

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 12:59pm On Jan 31, 2018
Ok bcuz most of those directors dont use their hard earned cash so try to understand.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by ejadadi(m): 6:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
Oga @sooperescue. Kindly call me. Left a few messages for you. This is Femi. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by LeJeun3: 10:34pm On Jan 31, 2018
dehavillandboy:
You guys will not kill me the toyata engines first of all are by far more reliable than the range rover engines that and unguys know that even americans put Chevrolet engines into range rovers they are more performant and no one cars whats under ur hood they just wanna see ur car pass and they admire it. You talking y does range rover not make their own gearboxes they rely on the German ZF to make for them

You just here making mouth, the swap kit you are showing us, how many people have bought it?

What's the customer review??

Advice: Prove us wrong, buy and successfully install the Chevrolet engine, then buy XHP and be using inside.

The same way you couldn't maintain a Range Rover engine, same way the Chevy will give way.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 10:37pm On Jan 31, 2018
dehavillandboy:
YOu have'nt got a clue have you? you are talking add ons,

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:09pm On Jan 31, 2018
LeJeun3:

You just here making mouth, the swap kit you are showing us, how many people have bought it?

What's the customer review??

Advice: Prove us wrong, buy and successfully install the Chevrolet engine, then buy XHP and be using inside.

The same way you couldn't maintain a Range Rover engine, same way the Chevy will give way.

Bros gently gently. This guy will buy the engine. He is determined. We know where all the muranos went to when they converted to Toyota engines, all the freelanders. And all those that converted their air suspension to springs. Na owode get them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2018
sooperrescue:
Bros gently gently. This guy will buy the engine. He is determined. We know where all the muranos went to when they converted to Toyota engines, all the freelanders. And all those that converted their air suspension to springs. Na owode get them

4 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 1:28pm On Feb 01, 2018
See there are still many cars who ran on the swapped engines for years and if the muranos n freelanders failed again it was bcuz the guys did not maintain them the same way they didnt maintain the original and many have learned from their mistakes ok, im a car guy who has learned over the years and if u guys lived in Cameroon u would not be running ur mouth to me, bcuz parts and labour in naija are 3 times cheaper than Cameroon come here and u will surely park ur Range rovers even if they dnt knock fuel here is x3 ur value.
Our realities are far different from yours thats why most of us cut corners even the car guys like us.
sooperrescue:

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 2:44pm On Feb 01, 2018
Monsieur, écoute moi bien, c'est pas grave si tu peux pas maintient ta voiture, L'huile pour cette voiture c'est cher et si tu n'arrive pas à trouver la bas, c'est dommage. If the parts are cheaper here in Nigeria and we also say parts are expensive here, buy from the US. The people who turned to Toyota engines as last resort will only sell the cars as scrap. But meanwhile visiting the mechanic is a daily affair for them.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Comeandcollect: 7:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
Great, i'm currently exploring this option. Everything is possible with an experienced team who can put an engine in place and other requirements.

Last year december, a friend of mine who owns a 2013 Range rover wept in front of me after his Range rover developed unknown faults. He had to park the machine and start entering toyota. All the mechanics we called came and tried but none could fix it, at some point they were using the Range rover to learn work. We had to abandon the Range and wait two weeks for the available expert.

I would really like to do this conversion to enjoy the ride better, it will not only save money, it will last longer if done well. Americans do it as you may see on pimpp my ride.

When you pull up your car, nobody knows what's in the engine and even if they know they neither won't believe it nor they won't be concerned. At the end of the day it works for the car owner.

dehavillandboy:
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2018
Comeandcollect:
Great, i'm currently exploring this option. Everything is possible with an experienced team who can put an engine in place and other requirements.

Last year december, a friend of mine who owns a 2013 Range rover wept in front of me after his Range rover developed unknown faults. He had to park the machine and start entering toyota. All the mechanics we called came and tried but none could fix it, at some point they were using the Range rover to learn work. We had to abandon the Range and wait two weeks for the available expert.

I would really like to do this conversion to enjoy the ride better, it will not only save money, it will last longer if done well. Americans do it as you may see on pimpp my ride.

When you pull up your car, nobody knows what's in the engine and even if they know they neither won't believe it nor they won't be concerned. At the end of the day it works for the car owner.

quick question, why not buy a toyota in the 1st instance, beside, there is nothing like unknown fault in an Engine, worse seenerio, U buy a new Engine.If we ask you friend waht Engine Oil he was using now Im sure we all will fall down laughing.

2 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
erico2k2:

quick question, why not buy a toyota in teh 1st instance, beside, there is nothing like unknown fault in an Engine, worse seenerio, U buy a new Engine.If we ask you friend waht Engine Oil he was using now Im sure we all will fall down laughing.
You have given the answer. Did he ever use 0w20 or his mechanic used Oando for him. Let anyone who knows anyone with a chevrolet suv tell us how they have been enjoying their ride in Nigeria. Then we will think of the possibility of a successful engine transplant.. Watch my show on autoexpat on sunday at 7pm on mitv on dstv chan 255 where we are giving little info on oils. If your car manufacturer says use a particular oil, please do so.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by erico2k2(m): 11:32pm On Feb 01, 2018
sooperrescue:
You have given the answer. Did he ever use 0w20 or his mechanic used Oando for him. Let anyone who knows anyone with a chevrolet suv tell us how they have been enjoying their ride in Nigeria. Then we will think of the possibility of a successful engine transplant.. Watch my show on autoexpat on sunday at 7pm on mitv on dstv chan 255 where we are giving little info on oils. If your car manufacturer says use a particular oil, please do so.
They wont hear,, they will buy oil inside bottle to top up.Imagine taking ur car for service and the guy under the cars is using same oil for all cars cheesy cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by dehavillandboy: 11:47pm On Feb 01, 2018
Guys u are all interesting but we shall put the toyota engines in our range babes and they will pull with so much power dnt mind.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by helpishere(m): 12:02am On Feb 02, 2018
I want to be there on behalf of the forum to record events. Pls use better oil for the Toyota engine

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by MrHenri: 7:49am On Mar 06, 2018
Hello house, please can someone give me a good auto shop contact for range rover sport. I live in delta state and I need a mechanic within delta, Benin and anambra state.

If there is none, Then I will go to lagos but I still don't have idea on where to go in Lagos. sad

Problem: I noticed one morning that one of my rear tyre was swollen. So I went to change it buy purchasing a tokunbo tyre (75, 40 / 20R). During the change of the tyre, the mechanic said he will balance all tyres which he did. But since then I have had issues with the car vibration at high speed from 100km/hour and above.

I have done all I could to stop this vibration at high speed but no solution. I even returned the tyre that I bought and changed it but still the same issue. I don't know if the mechanic has done something wrong during the balancing because I saw him adjusting something under the car front and rear. I have asked him several times but he said that's not the cause of the vibration. Now I am helpless as he couldn't even fix this issue. We even changed brake pads but still thesame issue. sad

The car is runing fine at low speed and I have never noticed any strange altitude from the car except this vibration at high speed. Please someone should help because I am really stressed with this issue since January. I need to check if this is a mechanical issue or balancing issue. sad

Lately, my mechanic told me to change all 4 rims and tyres. But there is no evidence of bad rim and tyres in the car except the one that was recently changed. Please I need a very good auto shop to fix this issue. Thanks everyone and God bless you all.

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (50) (Reply)

Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War) / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.