Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,496 members, 7,826,871 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:01 PM

Range Rover Sports Club - Car Talk (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Range Rover Sports Club (154742 Views)

Check Out The Chinese Version Of Range Rover, So Cute! (Photos) / The 2014 Range Rover Sports - Big Boy Toy / Leaked Images Of the 2014 Range Rover Sport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (50) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by YoungDaddyB: 9:58pm On Sep 08, 2015
sooperrescue:

You have done a good research and we don't have premium unleaded fuel in Nigeria hence the resort to octane boosters. The range rovers that you find with engine issues are those that never knew that they had choices as regards the fuel they use on their Range Rovers. I have been using octane boosters since 2009 in response to my passat 2005 and Mercedes e class that all died because of the fuel in Nigeria. In an interview with Ppmc top officials in Abuja in 2007, they told me that anyone driving cars that are not using our fuel are on their own. In 2008, I began researching on boosters and we had already began test samples using toluene, kero and atf and later settled for Johnsens octane boosters. There are over six brands of octane boosters currently in Nigeria. Stp, abro, nulon, Johnsens and dyno tabs. We have been selling Johnsens since 2009 and until 2017, when dangote start selling high grade fuel, we'll still be supplying all our loyal clients. Welcome to the new thrills your RRS will give you but get a booster.
Thanks sooperrescue , really appreciate man,
Ordering my RRS h s e 09 na na , I just overjoy.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 10:10pm On Sep 08, 2015
Edgetech injector cleaners might work for your RRS but there is no harm in trying it. From my experience, if your tank is always half full and your injectors are not clogged, then you dont have any need for it. But if you sometimes allow a dtc code to say misfire occurred due to low fuel, you might use it to dissolve all the dirts from the fuel tank.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by jaybee3(m): 4:40am On Sep 09, 2015
sooperrescue:
Edgetech injector cleaners might work for your RRS but there is no harm in trying it. From my experience, if your tank is always half full and your injectors are not clogged, then you dont have any need for it. But if you sometimes allow a dtc code to say misfire occurred due to low fuel, you might use it to dissolve all the dirts from the fuel tank.

Thanks for the explanation but does it serve the same purpose as a fuel booster?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:57pm On Oct 07, 2015
No. It is not in the same category just like the foto below
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by YoungDaddyB: 6:56am On Oct 09, 2015
sooperrescue:
No. It is not in the same category just like the foto below

Whatsup , please is it advisable to buy from coscharis? Cost ,warranty and reliablitiy wise.
Has your range rover sports given you too much wahala? Thanks sorry again for too much questions
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:37pm On Oct 09, 2015
YoungDaddyB:

Whatsup , please is it advisable to buy from coscharis? Cost ,warranty and reliablitiy wise.
Has your range rover sports given you too much wahala? Thanks sorry again for too much questions

I know that Coscharis claimed that their cars are tropicalised for Nigerian roads and fuel type but after seeing the BMWs sold to the Nigerian Police and the Customs top shots and the connivance with unscrupulous public servants, then they dont have any integrity.. That said, order from any source and do not depend on their after sales service because it is zero and a conduit pipe. There are many good range rover garages around and those that know themselves as such will never exploit the RR owners. Reliability is sure as it will take you from Lagos to Kano in grand style. My Range Rover Sport has not given me issues that are extraordinary. I have changed my gasket twice when it overheats instead of changing the engine, I have changed a balloon just once in four years, I service my gear every year, my engine, twice a year, and all in all, the range rover sport is still on the road and ready to go anywhere.

5 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by tkovie2002(m): 2:12am On Oct 17, 2015
sooperrescue:

I know that Coscharis claimed that their cars are tropicalised for Nigerian roads and fuel type but after seeing the BMWs sold to the Nigerian Police and the Customs top shots and the connivance with unscrupulous public servants, then they dont have any integrity.. That said, order from any source and do not depend on their after sales service because it is zero and a conduit pipe. There are many good range rover garages around and those that know themselves as such will never exploit the RR owners. Reliability is sure as it will take you from Lagos to Kano in grand style. My Range Rover Sport has not given me issues that are extraordinary. I have changed my gasket twice when it overheats instead of changing the engine, I have changed a balloon just once in four years, I service my gear every year, my engine, twice a year, and all in all, the range rover sport is still on the road and ready to go anywhere.

Boss you're one of the people I respect on this forum due to your honesty and clear explanation of auto problems and solutions. I would like you to give a simple breakdown of your routine maintenance for your range rover sport being that you are a careful user (my opinion). Please just list the basic running costs of a Range rover sport for a year; Parts and maintenance and other misc. As for fuel consumption (which I know shouldn't be an issue for anyone who really wants the RR), you can just give an estimate of how long a full tank takes you in heavy and mid driving conditions respectively. Please be as detailed as possible. I'm ooking to buy a Range Rover Sport any moment from now. Thank you very much.

3 Likes

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:04pm On Oct 18, 2015
I have not been fortunate to be stuck in city traffic since I got the Range Sport as I have always commuted from my residence to workshop, a 5 to 10 minutes distance. But I have travelled with the Range to Kaduna, Abuja, Bauchi, Enugu, Makurdi and Lafia. I spend N12000 fuel to Abuja and from Ojodu Berger to Akure NNPC, it is 306kms and it cost me 4000 @97 to fill up. So it was in the range of 12 to 14 litres per 100km irrespective of cruising at 160kms per hour which is the normal cruising speed for a Range. Transmission fluid change is recommended every 15k miles or once a year. Forget the lifetime oil that Land Rover claims, they never figured Nigeria in their research and claims, and ensure that you change the Engine oil and air filter every 6 months or 6000 miles. The bushings and ball joints are a recurring expense if you travel regularly with the Range or your neighbourhood is in need of an upgrade, road wise. The battery is to be at 12.5 volts or yawa go gas and a blown bulb coupled with a failing battery can trigger suspension fault and transmission fault. And many unsuspecting garages can give a wrong report of suspension failure which now entails expensive expenditure. Dont look at buying, just buy it and enjoy the thrills. If you follow the service pattern and rectify a fault once it comes up, you wont spend more than N150,000 on annual routine maintenance. We have an extended warranty package of N500,000 a year that removes all unnecessary anxieties from every proud owner of a Range Rover. Powertrain, transmission, air suspension and bushings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by tkovie2002(m): 8:26pm On Oct 18, 2015
sooperrescue:
I have not been fortunate to be stuck in city traffic since I got the Range Sport as I have always commuted from my residence to workshop, a 5 to 10 minutes distance. But I have travelled with the Range to Kaduna, Abuja, Bauchi, Enugu, Makurdi and Lafia. I spend N12000 fuel to Abuja and from Ojodu Berger to Akure NNPC, it is 306kms and it cost me 4000 @97 to fill up. So it was in the range of 12 to 14 litres per 100km irrespective of cruising at 160kms per hour which is the normal cruising speed for a Range. Transmission fluid change is recommended every 15k miles or once a year. Forget the lifetime oil that Land Rover claims, they never figured Nigeria in their research and claims, and ensure that you change the Engine oil and air filter every 6 months or 6000 miles. The bushings and ball joints are a recurring expense if you travel regularly with the Range or your neighbourhood is in need of an upgrade, road wise. The battery is to be at 12.5 volts or yawa go gas and a blown bulb coupled with a failing battery can trigger suspension fault and transmission fault. And many unsuspecting garages can give a wrong report of suspension failure which now entails expensive expenditure. Dont look at buying, just buy it and enjoy the thrills. If you follow the service pattern and rectify a fault once it comes up, you wont use N150,000 on routine maintenance. We have an extended warranty package of N500,000 a year that removes all unnecessary anxieties from every proud owner of a Range Rover.

Thank you very much for the explanation and advice. I will call you as soon as I get one. And if I happen to buy from lagos, is it possible to call you for a pre-purchase check?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:30pm On Oct 18, 2015
tkovie2002:

Thank you very much for the explanation and advice. I will call you as soon as I get one. And if I happen to buy from lagos, is it possible to call you for a pre-purchase check?

Of course
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:05am On Oct 28, 2015
Reverse camera is now a available on all range rover sport 06-09 using the original screen.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by nkemmsom: 12:28pm On Oct 28, 2015
With reference to the fuel issue you mentioned; which year model will you advise one to buy?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by keziah123: 1:41pm On Oct 29, 2015
sooperrescue:
Reverse camera is now a available on all range rover sport 06-09 using the original screen.
Oga sooperrescue, how about LR3 2006.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:47pm On Oct 29, 2015
If u have the screen on your lr3

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2015
nkemmsom:
With reference to the fuel issue you mentioned; which year model will you advise one to buy?
They are all using premium unleaded fuel. Even the new model has no tolerance for regular unleaded fuel. Buying one, get octane boosters too
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 1:00pm On Nov 01, 2015
Upgrade is now possible from the past to the future with reverse camera incorporated. Range rover sport, lr3 and the range rover hse

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Sanchase: 6:51pm On Nov 01, 2015
sooperrescue:
Upgrade is now possible from the past to the future with reverse camera incorporated. Range rover sport, lr3 and the range rover hse
The Silver coloured Range is nice, please do you have an idea how much the Silver Range in the picture can be purchased and specification?
This Range dey hungry me everyday and i can't wait to lay my hands on it.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:17pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hmmm, the silver coloured RRS was upgraded from the water the black RRS looks to the current look there is one that is going for 4.5my that is almost in the same state with the silver RRS. no need to wait any longer. . Get in touch. 08098534267
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:19pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hmmm, the silver coloured RRS was upgraded from the way the black RRS looks to the current look there is one that is going for 4.5m that is almost in the same state with the silver RRS. no need to wait any longer. . Get in touch. 08098534267
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:46pm On Nov 22, 2015
Christmas rush repairs. Bring in your Range Rovers in for check ups before the December rush as we shall only be available to our top subscribers during the holidays. Remember to get ur octane booster before travelling si that there will not be fuel issues on your way
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 9:51pm On Nov 22, 2015
2012 upgrade

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by rhames(m): 3:16pm On Dec 06, 2015
I am new to Range Rover brand. followed your thread for quite a while. I don't want to buy a new one but want to learn its workings with an old one precisely the sport. Which earlier editions will you recommend for a starter with a working budget N3 Million?

what are the things I should watch out for in that particular model and your advise will come in handy. Thanks.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 7:23pm On Dec 06, 2015
The 2006-2009 models, tested and trusted. You can get one for that budget and like I stated in the other post, the battery is the very important thing in the car, it must be functional and then nip any issue in the bud before it becomes a major problem which may cost you a lot to fix and then the misconception of how expensive it is to maintain now comes to play. I once advised a client to manage his air compressor for sometime but he should quickly change the filter. He managed the filter until the pump went berserk and the new pump was now required. He complained that I told him to use it for sometime and I told him that sometime is not three months. A new pump AMK cost N170k but still cheaper than Infinity QX56 air compressor pump.
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by Chaskodee: 1:33pm On Dec 07, 2015
Auto Mechanic of The Year 2015! Nominations have started! http://partboyz.com/forum
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by eDriiz: 3:53pm On Dec 11, 2015
hello @sooperrescue I have been following your thread and I must commend you for the good work you are doing, you have really allayed our fear of buying range rover cars. I am looking at getting a range rover next year, and they are loads of questions I would like to ask. Please can I have your contact so communicating with you would be swifter. + is it advisable to buy a Nigerian used 2005 RR vogue?
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2015
08098534267, yes you can buy it as far as the gear, engine and air suspension are ok, every other thing is secondary

1 Like

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by atunbi1(m): 9:34pm On Dec 14, 2015
I have been enlightened. Range Rover cars are actually a lot cheaper than the Lexus and Mercedes counterparts in the Nigerian used markets but I no dey near them from fear of problems. Sir please do you offer a service where you can help check an error before it is bought. You know how people go with a mechanic to view. Car. Would really appreciate a response. Many thanks
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 11:43pm On Dec 15, 2015
Sure, when you are ready, call
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by redcliff: 2:03am On Dec 22, 2015
Readonee35L:
Commercial octane boosters are a scam.

For example, if one says it'll raise your octane by 7 points. This is what they mean:

87 Octane + 7 Point Octane Boost = 87.7 Octane.

NOT 94 Octane.

oh trust me, even worse!!
read them again...
most of addtive says "up to 5 points", "up to 10 points", or "up to 20 points"
what does that mean?

it means it goes up anywhere from 0 to 20 points,
so u might get only 1 points after all....who knows?

87+0.1=87.1
wow....how sad~

From my experiences, add a bottle to a full tank.
u wouldn't feel any difference....
and it actually reduce the gas mileage for that tank of gas with booster.
what I mean is:
a reguler tank of gas: 36 mpg
tank of gas with oct boost: 30~32mpg

they do help clean up ur fuel injecters though,
so it's not bad to use it once a while.

anyway, I wouldn't recommand to use them on old cars,
cause the alcohol from the booster tend to destory or aging
fuel lines made of rubber, gaskets.....etc.

source http://www.automotiveforums.com/t458390-do_quot_octane_boosters_quot_work_.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKxJfXfD6mg

STP products. my dad was the sole distributor for this company in the whole of Nigeria..
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 3:08pm On Dec 22, 2015
Till now or the fake stp have taken over
Re: Range Rover Sports Club by lomaxbien(m): 6:09pm On Dec 22, 2015
My upgraded RRS

Re: Range Rover Sports Club by sooperrescue(m): 12:50am On Dec 23, 2015
Who want to be a millionaire, that is what the key is asking us

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (50) (Reply)

Is It Good To Remove Thermostat To Stop Overheating? / Thread For Toyota Users And Lovers / Honda Vs Toyota: Which Is Better? (Office Total War)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.