Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" (7866 Views)

Ibrahim Magu: Fight Against Corruption Has Just Started And Corruption Knows It. / Dino Melaye: Screening Of Ministerial Nominees Will Be Thorough / Buhari Warns Family Members Against Corruption (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by BabaEleko(m): 10:39am On Nov 23, 2013
Dino is at least letting it be known that the fight against corruption is well and alive. Except Dino I don't know anyone else that's publicly fighting corruption on the street. And tha zombie posting pix of Dino's car, when you get our own money na wheelbarrows make you use your money buy.

1 Like

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by ritux: 10:39am On Nov 23, 2013
I will like to see the other part of this video which talking about the allowances of the national assembly. I want to hear what Dino said about it because he was there.

@OP can u get it for us?
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by maasoap(m): 10:41am On Nov 23, 2013
Except that we couldn't see you guys who serious on the street? Useless question.
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by omoiyalayi(m): 10:53am On Nov 23, 2013
Dino is a sincere anticorruption crusader if u follow him
4rm While he was in d national assembly even as a pdp
Member he stood against all ilegalities & corruption in
D house then if u can recall he was d one dat expose
Bamikole's over inflated touch light & oda tins in d house
Then. So we should all join him 2 fight dis scourge no nation grow under
Corruption. How many other anticorruption is as active as
Dino melaye group ?

1 Like

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by free2ryhme: 11:02am On Nov 23, 2013
What is wrng with what he is saying
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2013
ritux: I will like to see the other part of this video which talking about the allowances of the national assembly. I want to hear what Dino said about it because he was there.

@OP can u get it for us?

here we go...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVrBtf3Ov6s
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by iamidris: 11:08am On Nov 23, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Persin wey get buggatti veronica
Na your papa money e take buy am. Oya answer me now or else...
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 23, 2013
Please what is the name of this presenter? I would be extremely surprised if he is not an ibo man. The guy should go and become the lawyer of stella oduah.
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by obailala(m): 11:21am On Nov 23, 2013
Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" ?

The answer to this question can neither be a YES or a NO. The most important thing Nigerians need to look out for is if the ISSUES he raises are JUST or UNJUST or TRUE or FALSE.

We live in a society which is crumbling at an alarming rate an no one seems to speak out.
A lot of people are afraid of speaking out, a lot of people are scared of coming out to protest.
We fear that if we speak out we will be arrested and victimized.
We fear that if we protest we will be shot at by our trigger happy policemen.
At the end, the nation has a perfect description in the Asa song, "There is fire on the mountain but nobody seems to be on the run."

In the present state of our nation, ANYONE WHO IS ABLE TO COME OUT AND SPEAK UP SHOULD BE CELEBRATED AS A HERO. The only thing we should be mindful of is if the cause he fights is just or not.

Everyone has a voice but there's no doubt that some have a louder voice than others. If I speak up against an injustice in Nigeria today, my voice will most definitely not be heard. If public figures (past or present leaders, celebrities, pastors or other ministers of religion) speak up, their voices would definitely be heard more that mine. Therefore we need these categories of people to be at the forefront of any revolution we pray for in our nation.

In like manner, if I protest in Nigeria, I will most likely be shot at or arrested by the government. However, if the protest is led by a public figure, the police will be careful with their trigger. A typical example was when subsidy protesters were arrested in Abuja for 'disturbing public peace.' The protesters were quickly released for a very simple reason, a public figure (Dino) was involved in the protest.

It is unfortunate that the only people whose voices can make an impact in Nigeria are already all tainted (or perceived to be tainted) with some form of corruption or misconduct but that is not to say we as Nigerians should then fold our arms and wait for a Saint or Jesus himself to come and speak for us. We must learn to use whatever we have to fight for what we need; we are left with no option but to fight fire with fire.

I don't care about the personality of Dino Melaye, I don't care if he has impregnated 100 campus girls like some quarters would want to distract us with. All I care about is that there is something he has in his CV which is needed in Nigeria if we must move forward; if only Nigeria had about a hundred Dino Melayes.
undecided

4 Likes

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Nobody: 11:28am On Nov 23, 2013
obailala: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" ?

The answer to this question can neither be a YES or a NO. The most important thing Nigerians need to look out for is if the ISSUES he raises are JUST or UNJUST or TRUE or FALSE.

We live in a society which is crumbling at an alarming rate an no one seems to speak out.
A lot of people are afraid of speaking out, a lot of people are scared of coming out to protest.
At the end, the nation has a perfect description in the Asa song, "There is fire on the mountain but nobody seems to be on the run."

In the present state of our nation, ANYONE WHO IS ABLE TO COME OUT AND SPEAK UP SHOULD BE CELEBRATED AS A HERO. The only thing we should be mindful of is if the cause he fights is just or not.

Everyone has a voice but there's no doubt that some have a louder voice than others. If I speak up against an injustice in Nigeria today, my voice will most definitely not be heard. If public figures (past or present leaders, celebrities, pastors or other ministers of religion) speak up, their voices would definitely be heard more that mine. Therefore we need these categories of people to be at the forefront of any revolution we pray for in our nation.

In like manner, if I protest in Nigeria, I will most likely be shot at or arrested by the government. However, if the protest is led by a public figure, the police will be careful with their trigger. A typical example was when subsidy protesters were arrested in Abuja for 'disturbing public peace.' The protesters were quickly released for a very simple reason, a public figure (Dino) was involved in the protest.

It is unfortunate that the only people whose voices can make an impact in Nigeria are already all tainted (or perceived to be tainted) with some form of corruption or misconduct but that is not to say we as Nigerians should then fold our arms and wait for a Saint or Jesus himself to come and speak for us. We must learn to use whatever we have to fight for what we need; we are left with no option but to fight fire with fire.

I don't care about the personality of Dino Melaye, I don't care if he has impregnated 100 campus girls like some quarters would want to make us believe. All I care about is that there is something he has in his CV which is needed in Nigeria if we must move forward; if only Nigeria had about a hundred Dino Melayes.
undecided

WORD! Everything I couldn't find words for have been expressed in your post.

There are some people that play the politics of "killing the messenger" and leaving the message.
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Darejyde(m): 11:28am On Nov 23, 2013
mekula: The guy is nothing but a crook seeking political relevance for his sinking and diminishing career. Thief talking from both sides of his mouth. Fighting corruption and going about impregnating women. SMH. What businesses does he own and how much tax does he pay that he owns a fleet of luxury cars valued at billions of naira?
benson81: he was in the N/A and made a lot of money there.He never once said that the money they received was too much let it be reduced.he fought for patricia Etteh when she was accused of corruption.he was alway against Bankole because their group pushed etteh out.after he was refused a ticket with Pdp,he joined opposition to castigate every pdp move.he is not genuine like most of our politicians.They are all waiting for an oppurtinity to chop!
Una don talk am finish, this guy the annoy M̶̲̥̅Ƹ gan. And na ♍γ̲̣̣̥ tribal man that rep ed us wit nofin 2show Fø̲̣̣я̅ it.
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by akereconfi: 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
phtemie: We Nigerians need to support this man in his anti-corruption crusade..Even if he used to be corrupt,let's give him the chance..Who knows,he might have turned a new leaf..Let's collectively gear him up for now,in the long run we'll know if he's serious with it or not.

This is a man doing what others cannot even dare..Let's appreciate him.

How can he turn a new leaf when he smoked the whole damm tree

1 Like

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by guiddoti: 12:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
Dont mind the guy, he is fighting for popularity and office. Lets Gej gives him one position u no go hear em voice again.
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 23, 2013
Reptyle:

U assume he is a thief because he owns a collection of luxury cars?

Tell us the honest work dino did to this point in his life to have amassed such wealth. The guy is a crook,...no doubt abt it

1 Like

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by MrAboki: 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
Dino should go and swear that he has never benefitted from corruption in Nigeria.. angry
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by obailala(m): 12:15pm On Nov 23, 2013
Mr Aboki: Dino should go and swear that he has never benefitted from corruption in Nigeria.. angry
guiddoti: [size=13pt]Dont mind the guy[/size], he is fighting for popularity and office. Lets Gej gives him one position u no go hear em voice again.

A simple question for Nigerians like yourselves,

If we don't mind this guy, who should we mind?...
Should we keep waiting until Jesus comes before we do something about our nation?

Remember, he is doing what no one dares to do. If u say he's simply poli-tricking, what about other politicians (past and present)?..why can't they also adopt this style of politics by exposing the rot in the system?... don't u think Nigeria would be better if just a few more politicians try to act like this man?

1 Like

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by seangy4konji: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
which work hin deh do to buy all dis carsi nor hear about his campaign against da Stella thieve of a woman...dont don buy hin mouth...wETIN dem deh talk about dat Stella thieveBunch of idiots and thieves.
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by akereconfi: 12:25pm On Nov 23, 2013
][size=50pt]He without sin should cast the first STONE[/size]

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by MomohLawal: 1:00pm On Nov 23, 2013
Reptyle:

U assume he is a thief because he owns a collection of luxury cars?

Yes, I can now call him thief from the picture above. Someone who live in opulence is fighting corruption, will it work?
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 23, 2013
theoctopus: How can a thief be fighting against corruption. What a contradiction!
Buddha Palm: Mofo is a criminal! grin

So una when be st peters, wetin una don do... na to sitdon, drink shekpe begin spit trash. He has been arrested several times over his stance, when he was in the House, we saw how he fought valiantly against those corrupt representa[b]thieves [/b]. So shut d f**k up and contribute ur own quota
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by benson81(m): 1:10pm On Nov 23, 2013
theoctopus: How can a thief be fighting against corruption. What a contradiction!
he was in the N/A and made a lot of money there.He never once said that the money they received was too much let it be reduced.he fought for patricia Etteh when she was accused of corruption.he was alway against Bankole because their group pushed etteh out.after he was refused a ticket with Pdp,he joined opposition to castigate every pdp move.he is not genuine like most of our politicians.They are all waiting for an oppurtinity to chop!

2 Likes

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by mko2005: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
obailala: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" ?

I don't care about the personality of Dino Melaye, I don't care if he has impregnated 100 campus girls like some quarters would want to distract us with. All I care about is that there is something he has in his CV which is needed in Nigeria if we must move forward; if only Nigeria had about a hundred Dino Melayes.
undecided
If it was to be the case of pastor's messages and his actions,the world will shout''DO WHAT YOU PREACH'' I'm glad that in this one,everyone want's to retain the MESSAGE irrespective of the PERSONALITY passing the message !
Nigerians learn and don't stop learning !

God help us
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by mko2005: 1:23pm On Nov 23, 2013
If it was to be the case of pastor's messages and his actions,the world will shout''DO WHAT YOU PREACH'' I'm glad that in this one,everyone want's to retain the MESSAGE irrespective of the PERSONALITY passing the message !
Nigerians learn and don't stop learning !

God help us
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by moodswing(m): 1:36pm On Nov 23, 2013
Hon. SuQ Ma'DIQ:
Its simple!
All Nigerians in and around OFFICE or FAVOR are always corrupt.
All Nigerians out of OFFICE and FAVOR are either People's liberation, Civil right, Human right and Anti-corruption crusaders.
It all only depend on the side of the fence you are.
Check history.......the ones(in power PREVIOUSLY) we accused yesterday are the ones accusing the present govt today e.g El'rufai, oby ezekwesili, Fani kayode, Donald duke etc.
Bottom line is that we are all hypocritical in all areas of our life as Nigerians!

I wish everyone understands like you do. Only people without a min of their own align with dubious characters outside the government alway crying wolf.

I seriously don't take then serious, I am not with the mentality of "Govt is bad as long as me or my party isn't in it"
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 23, 2013
The guy is nothing but a crook seeking political relevance for his sinking and diminishing career. Thief talking from both sides of his mouth. Fighting corruption and going about impregnating women. SMH. What businesses does he own and how much tax does he pay that he owns a fleet of luxury cars valued at billions of naira?
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Ryda(m): 1:46pm On Nov 23, 2013
Baskard u wanna change our opinion so we can think u are better than the rest of your pot bellied politicians...enter office mke u do rubish firzt
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Imagod(m): 2:12pm On Nov 23, 2013
he was a member of the house for yearsdon't you think he should be able to afford a very good car? Don't let your poverty make u think all his monies are stolen.
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by Amazondepth(m): 3:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
Those of us that went to ABU with him can tell u categorically that Dino is just a Criminal and a rogue.

1 Like

Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by obayaya(m): 3:32pm On Nov 23, 2013
I have just one question?

who's Dino?

what's his occupation?

how good is he at this his occupation?

until someone answers these questions, no body should ask me about anti corruption Crusade by this man.

you can't just wake up one day and become an anti corruption crusader..
Re: Is Melaye Serious With His "Fight Against Corruption" by confusion247(m): 4:33pm On Nov 23, 2013
benson81: he was in the N/A and made a lot of money there.He never once said that the money they received was too much let it be reduced.he fought for patricia Etteh when she was accused of corruption.he was alway against Bankole because their group pushed etteh out.after he was refused a ticket with Pdp,he joined opposition to castigate every pdp move.he is not genuine like most of our politicians.They are all waiting for an oppurtinity to chop!
I think I will go with you on this. Haven't you noticed that even el-rufai the twitter parrot is also condemning corruption and if care is not taken he will also become another Dino. Drug addict like fani kayode is also in this group of hypocrites.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Heart Touching Post On Ex President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan's Facebook Wall / Ondo: PDP Crisis Deepens As Court Panel Withdraws / Abia Pensioners Protest In Umuahia Over Unpaid Pensions.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.