Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,440 members, 7,954,742 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:20 AM

No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man (3836 Views)

No Shame In Their Game (photo) / No Shame? The Chairman Of This Wedding Is Having S*x With The Lady Getting Marri / When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 7:51am On Nov 25, 2013
So after all my rants and rejection of "Nigerian" men, I finally broke down and became seriously involved with one who is a US citizen. All I can say is bless the woman who trained him for me because he is a Big Boy in the pockets and the pants. cool
However I do have a question. He has been a Christian for many years, but I wonder if his conversion was out of necessity due to his career. He attends Catholic church, but when I talk to him about religion, I can tell he is still a Muslim in his heart. Have you known any Hausa men who converted to Christianity, then went back to practicing the Muslim faith later in life? I ask because I see where this relationship is going and I'm not trying to be wife number one out of four.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Alikaxon(m): 8:18am On Nov 25, 2013
Correct ur topic "no shame dating an hausa man" not "a hausa man" d "h" is a consonant bt silent. Cheers! I wil modify nd remove dis my correctn later after u've done xo, so d thread cn flow. Cheers!!!

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 8:23am On Nov 25, 2013
Alikaxon: Correct ur topic "no shame dating an hausa man" not "a hausa man" d "h" is a consonant bt silent. Cheers! I wil modify nd remove dis my correctn later after u've done xo, so d thread cn flow. Cheers!!!

When you correct all the grammatical errors in your sentence, I will "correct" my title wink.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Alikaxon(m): 8:55am On Nov 25, 2013
FlowerPower:

When you correct all the grammatical errors in your sentence, I will "correct" my title wink.
ewo! Hahahaha. Laughing things, what a daft she goat you are; you even quoted me to make matters worse, you 've just made the public see how I corrected your imperfect tense. You know your problem? It's "pride" don't be suprised I just fathomed it. I was even trying to be humble and assist you, and you are being too proud of your frivolous tenses, a philosopher once said; "proud people don't learn, they don't take correction". Your issue even amazed me even as I tried to overlook it. What will you gain from covering your shame? Fool. As if you didn't attend primary school to know when to use "an" on a vowel. Dumb head woman, this was what a nairalander complained about; poor english constrution. Why don't you point out your so called acclaimed flaws in my tenses? Those were mere abbreviations. You idiot.

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by SugaryBelle(f): 9:06am On Nov 25, 2013
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by SugaryBelle(f): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2013
These 2 posters in this thread dey crase o,lmao,husband and wife.

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Iaz93: 9:09am On Nov 25, 2013
undecidedundecided

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Bigcake: 9:11am On Nov 25, 2013
Alikaxon: ewo! Hahahaha. Laughing things, what a daft she goat you are; you even quoted me to make matters worse, you 've just made the public see how I corrected your imperfect tense. You know your problem? It's "pride" don't be suprised I just fathomed it. I was even trying to be humble and assist you, and you are being too proud of your frivolous tenses, a philosopher once said; "proud people don't learn, they don't take correction". Your issue even amazed me even as I tried to overlook it. What will you gain from covering your shame? Fool. As if you didn't attend primary school to know when to use "an" on a vowel. Dumb head woman, this was what a nairalander complained about; poor english constrution. Why don't you point out your so called acclaimed flaws in my tenses? Those were mere abbreviations. You idiot.
must u let everyone know u r just 17yrs old?

2 Likes

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by virago(f): 9:14am On Nov 25, 2013
Alikaxon: ewo! Hahahaha. Laughing things, what a daft she goat you are; you even quoted me to make matters worse, you 've just made the public see how I corrected your imperfect tense. You know your problem? It's "pride" don't be suprised I just fathomed it. I was even trying to be humble and assist you, and you are being too proud of your frivolous tenses, a philosopher once said; "proud people don't learn, they don't take correction". Your issue even amazed me even as I tried to overlook it. What will you gain from covering your shame? Fool. As if you didn't attend primary school to know when to use "an" on a vowel. Dumb head women, this was what a nairalander complained about; poor english constrution. Why don't you point out your so called acclaimed flaws in my tenses? Those were mere abbreviations. You idiot.

The one with pride here is you , you take offence to someone correcting you as well. look at your initial post and tell me if you'll get any score for correct use of English.

2 Likes

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by virago(f): 9:28am On Nov 25, 2013
Alikaxon: ewo! Hahahaha. Laughing things, what a daft she goat you are; you even quoted me to make matters worse, you 've just made the public see how I corrected your imperfect tense. You know your problem? It's "pride" don't be suprised I just fathomed it. I was even trying to be humble and assist you, and you are being too proud of your frivolous tenses, a philosopher once said; "proud people don't learn, they don't take correction". Your issue even amazed me even as I tried to overlook it. What will you gain from covering your shame? Fool. As if you didn't attend primary school to know when to use "an" on a vowel. Dumb head woman, this was what a nairalander complained about; poor english constrution. Why don't you point out your so called acclaimed flaws in my tenses? Those were mere abbreviations. You idiot.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Alikaxon(m): 9:31am On Nov 25, 2013
virago:

The one with pride here is you , you take offence to someone correcting you as well. look at your initial post and tell me if you'll get any score for correct use of English.
my dear, It was a mere abbrev. Abi person nr dy use slangs again? It's better to use slangs than to be speaking wrong correct english. I humbly corrected her, and instead of her to appreciate, she resorted to attacking me. Don't get me wrong.

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Alikaxon(m): 9:33am On Nov 25, 2013
Bigcake: must u let everyone know u r just 17yrs old?
who is this thing? I don't think I have your time.

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by mspee(f): 9:39am On Nov 25, 2013
Grammatical Errors correction thread. . .

undecided undecided
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 25, 2013
Thread officially derailed

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by passionate88: 10:56am On Nov 25, 2013
Alikaxon: my dear, It was a mere abbrev. Abi person nr dy use slangs again? It's better to use slangs than to be speaking wrong correct english. I humbly corrected her, and instead of her to appreciate, she resorted to attacking me. Don't get me wrong.
Which 1 b "wrong correct english" again?

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by lawrence7: 11:21am On Nov 25, 2013
Alikaxon: Correct ur topic "no shame dating an hausa man" not "a hausa man" d "h" is a consonant bt silent. Cheers! I wil modify nd remove dis my correctn later after u've done xo, so d thread cn flow. Cheers!!!

The 'H' is not silent. You are wrong.

4 Likes

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by HisRib(f): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2013

You are something else. Lol!
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Enegod(m): 12:25pm On Nov 25, 2013
what's going on here? you all deserve to be banned angry
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by HisRib(f): 12:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
FlowerPower: So after all my rants and rejection of "Nigerian" men, I finally broke down and became seriously involved with one who is a US citizen. All I can say is bless the woman who trained him for me because he is a Big Boy in the pockets and the pants. cool
However I do have a question. He has been a Christian for many years, but I wonder if his conversion was out of necessity due to his career. He attends Catholic church, but when I talk to him about religion, I can tell he is still a Muslim in his heart. Have you known any Hausa men who converted to Christianity, then went back to practicing the Muslim faith later in life? I ask because I see where this relationship is going and I'm not trying to be wife number one out of four.

If I understood correstly, potentially being one of many wives is your only concern about him being Muslim? If he reassures you he won't pick another wife, you will go ahead with the marriage?

How about, how will you raise your children? Are you okay with your children being raised as Muslims?

How will you pray together as a family unit?

What religion will lead the home? Remember, two cannot walk together unless they agree.

I'm a big supporter of interracial marriages, but interregilious marriages I'm not quite sure. I have watched many interreligious marriages break apart because the couple cannot decide how to raise the children.

If he remains a Christian, that's okay. If he returns a devout Muslim during the marriage, what will you do?
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Cashio(m): 1:41pm On Nov 25, 2013
There has never been more legalised way of derailing a thread than the correction feud between the poster and that imposter
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Cashio(m): 1:42pm On Nov 25, 2013
There has never been more legalised way of derailing a thread than the correction feud between the poster and that imposter.
@poster,create another topic cos this thread ish derailed!!
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 25, 2013
HisRib:

If I understood correstly, potentially being one of many wives is your only concern about him being Muslim? If he reassures you he won't pick another wife, you will go ahead with the marriage?

How about, how will you raise your children? Are you okay with your children being raised as Muslims?

How will you pray together as a family unit?

What religion will lead the home? Remember, two cannot walk together unless they agree.

I'm a big supporter of interracial marriages, but interregilious marriages I'm not quite sure. I have watched many interreligious marriages break apart because the couple cannot decide how to raise the children.

If he remains a Christian, that's okay. If he returns a devout Muslim during the marriage, what will you do?

Being in a multi-wife marriage is not my only concern, however it is a great concern. He knows that I am Christian and that will not change. He is a "good" person, but he once said religion is flexible (for him). If we talk about religious topics long enough, he eventually speaks on Muslim practices. I'm afraid this wonderful man is going to switch religions on me when he is old.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by HisRib(f): 4:05pm On Nov 25, 2013
FlowerPower:

Being in a multi-wife marriage is not my only concern, however it is a great concern. He knows that I am Christian and that will not change. He is a "good" person, but he once said religion is flexible (for him). If we talk about religious topics long enough, he eventually speaks on Muslim practices. I'm afraid this wonderful man is going to switch religions on me when he is old.

If he still speaks of Muslim practices, that means he still holds on to his religion and will most likely reconvert.

If you are okay with potentially marrying a Muslim and raising your kids as Muslims, by all means go for it.

If you want to have a Christian home, you might want to think long and hard before you marry this man.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 25, 2013
HisRib:

If he still speaks of Muslim practices, that means he still holds on to his religion and will most likely reconvert.

If you are okay with potentially marrying a Muslim and raising your kids as Muslims, by all means go for it.

If you want to have a Christian home, you might want to think long and hard before you marry this man.

I am really torn. I feel he is avoiding my pastor because he knows their conversation may not go in his favor.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
OP, were you able to find another girl for your Nigerian friend? LOL. Did it bother you that he wasn't a u.s citizen? Just curious. You mentioned his visa was expiring in a year and in this thread you mentioned this new guy is a u.s citizen. Is it important that your potential spouse be a citizen like you, because you're worried about being used for papers? I'm just curious.

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Alikaxon(m): 7:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
FlowerPower: So after all my rants and rejection of "Nigerian" men, I finally broke down and became seriously involved with one who is a US citizen. All I can say is bless the woman who trained him for me because he is a Big Boy in the pockets and the pants. cool
you really need to observe him more, sit and talk with him, voice out your fears about his possibility of marrying other wives in the near future, and be bold to take proactive decision in direction with his reaction to your questions. If he assures you; go ahead and marry him, but if he sounds double minded; don't hesitate to live the relationship. I believe you can study this guy and, thus able to predict your future together based on your findings. Cheers!!!
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by tpia5: 8:03pm On Nov 25, 2013
I dont get the point of the thread.

Is it to let us know you're dating?
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 1:06am On Nov 26, 2013
Alikaxon: you really need to observe him more, sit and talk with him, voice out your fears about his possibility of marrying other wives in the near future, and be bold to take proactive decision in direction with his reaction to your questions. If he assures you; go ahead and marry him, but if he sounds double minded; don't hesitate to live the relationship. I believe you can study this guy and, thus able to predict your future together based on your findings. Cheers!!!

I have expressed my concerns to him and he assures me that he would not marry more than one woman. I do know that if he wanted to be with many women, he could easily do so. However from my observation is a faithful man. I think I will just take more time with him to make sure he has truly converted.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by mystery001(m): 2:45am On Nov 26, 2013
Well Islamically, a muslim can marry a christian but in Hausa culture which predominantly comprises of muslims, it is still not well accepted. Well, religion is given more priority in the culture but you can never underestimate the influence of culture.
Are you marrying him alone or with his family? Can you live with any expected hostilities?
Your boyfriend needs to openly make up his mind by deeds and actions that he's converting to a Christian. It is a difficult thing to do if he is only acting christian because he is in the west where you can easily drift to even a person without a practising religion.
Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by HisRib(f): 3:40am On Nov 26, 2013
FlowerPower:

I have expressed my concerns to him and he assures me that he would not marry more than one woman. I do know that if he wanted to be with many women, he could easily do so. However from my observation is a faithful man. I think I will just take more time with him to make sure he has truly converted.

I hope you understand in his religion/culture, having more than one wife isn't considered being unfaithful. Didn't you hear what Akon, Senegalese-American Muslim singer, said about monogamy? Although he was born and raised in the U.S, he still holds strong religious views and suggested that America adopt polygamy. In Islam, it's not considered "being unfaithful." It's the norm.

1 Like

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 4:14am On Nov 26, 2013
Yield: OP, were you able to find another girl for your Nigerian friend? LOL. Did it bother you that he wasn't a u.s citizen? Just curious. You mentioned his visa was expiring in a year and in this thread you mentioned this new guy is a u.s citizen. Is it important that your potential spouse be a citizen like you, because you're worried about being used for papers? I'm just curious.

My good friend has not found a lady yet, but it is because he is not trying. There are plenty of women who would gladly date him. He is a great guy, but my reason for not seriously dating him is because, he is not a US citizen. I would never want to think residency status was the reason someone married me.

2 Likes

Re: No Shame In Dating A Hausa Man by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 26, 2013
HisRib:

I hope you understand in his religion/culture, having more than one wife isn't considered being unfaithful. Didn't you hear what Akon, Senegalese-American Muslim singer, said about monogamy? Although he was born and raised in the U.S, he still holds strong religious views and suggested that America adopt polygamy. In Islam, it's not considered "being unfaithful." It's the norm.

I am quite aware of this viewpoint, which is why I created the thread. I want to hear feedback, so that I do not mislead myself about his long term plans. I have discussed the issue with him and he denies that he would ever take on more than one wife. He is a practicing Christian, but I am concerned he may return to his "roots" as he ages.

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Am Tired! Tired! Tired! Tired! / Help! Cant Approach A Girl. Advice Pls. / Which Of The Tribes In Nigeria Do You Think Love Money The Most?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.