Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,021 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:46 PM

Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed (8007 Views)

Ojukwu Being Welcomed At A Village Hospital By Igbo Ladies / Amaechi Welcomed At Calabar Carnival In A Warm Manner / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 9:40am On Nov 25, 2013
Anytime am discussing with ma dad or mom on the crises rocking our lovely country nigeria, you see the sadness in their faces when they speak out with passion but i also notice one thing similar to both of them,at the end of their statement they each say NIGERIA will b better soon.. i want to get people's view on this. Do you see nigeria changing anytime soon?.. will we be one of the first world nations soon?.. ur views are always appreciated
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 9:51am On Nov 25, 2013
to me sincerely i dont see nigeria getting anywhere soon.. our leaders are corrupt and these is nt sumthing that is even affecting our leaders alone, youths, people in power at one place or the other, they are all corrupt. let me site an example, just an election for a department in one of the federal universities in nigeria which i witnessed, these election was rigged by people we call leaders of tomorrow, so wat are we now saying. there is corruption in companies, offices, universities, schools, state level, federal level.. there is corruption everywhere. we mostly blame our leaders but wat abt us.. just ask yourself this question. wat will b ur major motive wen you are made the president today.. most people it is money.. money is the begining of evil.. in nigeria politics is all about money.. they go dere wit the major aim of making triple of wat they spent on campaign.. GOD will help us but we have to help ourselves.. Nigeria ma fatherland.. GOD bless Nigeria

12 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Annie2gud(f): 10:00am On Nov 25, 2013
Yeah....but we have to Embark on mass Elimination of those Old thieves.major kaduna Nzeogwu Comes to Mind.follow this practical,and see,if naija wont be a better place..

3 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by egift(m): 10:16am On Nov 25, 2013
Nigeria have the capacity and human-resources to be a very great and prosperous Nation.

Our diversity and multi-ethicity is a beautification and makes us sophisticated.

But the problem we have in Nigeria is our LEADERS. They are short-sighted and very greed. They sow division among us so that we will keep fighting each other.

They think only of what to steal and then throw peanuts at us. Even when they start good projects, it is only a cover to steal more.

Until we get Leadership right, don't expect much.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 10:30am On Nov 25, 2013
egift: Nigeria have the capacity and human-resources to be a very great and prosperous Nation.

Our diversity and multi-ethicity is a beautification and makes us sophisticated.

But the problem we have in Nigeria is our LEADERS. They are short-sighted and very greed. They sow division among us so that we will keep fighting each other.

They think only of what to steal and then throw peanuts at us. Even when they start good projects, it is only a cover to steal more.

Until we get Leadership right, don't expect much.
I concur with you but it is not only our leaders alone wat abt us the youth.. how are we building nigeria ourselves.. if nigeria needs to change i tell you this it starts with us. with each and everyone of us.. tanks 4 ur view
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 10:31am On Nov 25, 2013
pls keep more coming.. i want this to make frontpage.. i need people general opinion on this
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by juman(m): 10:40am On Nov 25, 2013
One nigeria is the key problem.

3 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Annie2gud(f): 10:44am On Nov 25, 2013
There z nuttin like one Nigeria.
juman: One nigeria is the key problem.

2 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 10:53am On Nov 25, 2013
Yes there is change. Under the able leadership of Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Nigeria started experiencing positive changes in all sectors. The president is committed in giving Nigerian a new look,he has displayed great leadership skills that has never been felt before in the history of the nation.If Jonathan can achieve so much within 2 1/2 years of being our leader,then there is hope that before he completes his tenure in 2019 that this country will be a force to reckon with in the world. I believe in positive change and we are seeing it manifest right now.Goodluck Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Annie2gud(f): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2013
The lap-Dogs Are here.smh

7 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by juman(m): 11:02am On Nov 25, 2013
Annie2gud: There z nuttin like one Nigeria.

I don't understand you.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by egift(m): 11:05am On Nov 25, 2013
kennypoka2:
I concur with you but it is not only our leaders alone wat abt us the youth.. how are we building nigeria ourselves.. if nigeria needs to change i tell you this it starts with us. with each and everyone of us.. tanks 4 ur view
We Nigerians are not the real problem, our leaders are main problem. They use very crude means to protect their stealing and greed.

For instance, during elections (time for us to choose who we want), the will bribe, intimidate, rig, kill and fabricate results to install their stooge.

If you lead any struggle against them, the will simplly tag you a criminal and eliminate you.

If protest against corruption in goverment, they will tanish your image and make you a laughing stock. If you are very serious, they infiltrate, hijack or sponsor a paralle group.

Once you rise up to confront the corruption holding Nigeria, our LEADERS will throw bribe, intimidation, threats, religion or ethnicity at you.

With our present structure, all Nigeria need to be great is only one man - as President who have a Plan and the Will to do-it-right. Everyone will fall in line.

3 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by egift(m): 11:06am On Nov 25, 2013
With the right leader Nigeria will be great.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 25, 2013
ofcourse yes! i see nigeria changing positively with the privatization of power and oil sector. I see alot of jobs and infact economic boom. Remember when telecom sector was not privatized? how many of our families could boast of a phone let alone a wireless. Now we have phones and the telecom sector has created jobs. I also see nigerians in diaspora running home to look for jobs. I also see nigeria lending to other nations. To the Glory of GOD IJMN. AMEN

2 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 11:30am On Nov 25, 2013
I also see phcn and nnpc turning into the likes nitel if care is not taken. i see nupeng staffs turning to........ if care is not taken. Nupeng people should begin diversification or investment into the new system so that they dont start from the scratch. Thats my advice to them. Nigeria also needs privatization in transport system particularly rail transport system.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 11:41am On Nov 25, 2013
The country is already changing. Op quit being a dinosaur.

2 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 11:48am On Nov 25, 2013
ROSSIKE: The country is already changing. Op quit being a dinosaur.
guy tanks but dat is just ma opinion.. tanks for ur view though..
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 11:52am On Nov 25, 2013
sbaks: I also see phcn and nnpc turning into the likes nitel if care is not taken. i see nupeng staffs turning to........ if care is not taken. Nupeng people should begin diversification or investment into the new system so that they dont start from the scratch. Thats my advice to them. Nigeria also needs privatization in transport system particularly rail transport system.
if all sector is privatize then wat is the government job.. tanks 4 ur view
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 11:58am On Nov 25, 2013
sbaks: ofcourse yes! i see nigeria changing positively with the privatization of power and oil sector. I see alot of jobs and infact economic boom. Remember when telecom sector was not privatized? how many of our families could boast of a phone let alone a wireless. Now we have phones and the telecom sector has created jobs. I also see nigerians in diaspora running home to look for jobs. I also see nigeria lending to other nations. To the Glory of GOD IJMN. AMEN
you have a good view but do you think it is only privatization of all these sectors will bring the major changes in nigeria.. do you tink it is privatization that will take us to first world nation?. is it privatization that will make over 100million nigerians living in penury be catered for? do you? tanks for ur view

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 11:59am On Nov 25, 2013
more views pls
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2013
kennypoka2:
if all sector is privatize then wat is the government job.. tanks 4 ur view
the government has already failed in some sectors hence individuals have to come in. And Guess what? There is what is called nationalization should private individuals misbehave. So government still have their powers. Hasnt capitalism helped america? their government still has powers 'na abi?'
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 12:21pm On Nov 25, 2013
sbaks:
the government has already failed in some sectors hence individuals have to come in. And Guess what? There is what is called nationalization should private individuals misbehave. So government still have their powers. Hasnt capitalism helped america? their government still has powers 'na abi?'
yea, u r right but it cant work in nigeria.. this is nigeria 4 christ sake.. they do as if they follow law but they dont.. america follows the law to d code but nt in nigeria..
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 1:32pm On Nov 25, 2013
my brother! you need to work in phcn nnpc for you to know that there is massive corruption in government parastatals of which if it were to be in private companies, it wont be tolerated. They just cheat poor nigerians. i support the current government in its current privatization scheme.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 4:34pm On Nov 25, 2013
kennypoka2:
you have a good view but do you think it is only privatization of all these sectors will bring the major changes in nigeria.. do you tink it is privatization that will take us to first world nation?. is it privatization that will make over 100million nigerians living in penury be catered for? do you? tanks for ur view
yes! privatization of telecoms sector has brought wealth, businesses and even jobs to nigerians. Can you count the number of staffs telecoms have? not to talk of the programs they have sponsored, the models they have given jobs, their dealers making profit,... Do you know that 14 companies are interested in power sector? do you know the enormous jobs that will create? not to talk of oil sector 'join'
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by gerald09(m): 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
Nigeria would have change long time ago but our parent didn't fight for us, now the same is happening, I wonder what we will say to our children when dey ask "where we were when Nigeria crashed" I guess we say d samething our parent said, "let sit and pray" "while we watch dem plunder".
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kel4soft: 12:20am On Nov 26, 2013
chidindufrank: Yes there is change. Under the able leadership of Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Nigeria started experiencing positive changes in all sectors. The president is committed in giving Nigerian a new look,he has displayed great leadership skills that has never been felt before in the history of the nation.If Jonathan can achieve so much within 2 1/2 years of being our leader,then there is hope that before he completes his tenure in 2019 that this country will be a force to reckon with in the world. I believe in positive change and we are seeing it manifest right now.Goodluck Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!

Where you in this country when Yara Adua was alive? You would taken back your statement.

2 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kel4soft: 12:34am On Nov 26, 2013
This is my humble contribution.
1. Return to Fiscal Federalism.
2.Weaken Abuja powers
3. Feeding bottle government should stop.

Abuja is the problem of Nigeria, when everything is center there. What do you expect? Look at all the trouble in this country. All are linked to Abuja. Until Abuja stop feeding all the other states. Then, we will be discussing the same thing in the next ten years. If we have a system that works, even the so called corrupt Youths will composed themselves. After all, our leaders that loots money all travel abroad and behave like gentlemen. So our system is the problem. What do you expect from a country that the FG takes 52% of oil revenue and gives 36 states plus FCT 48 percents to States and LGA. Until, our systems are restructured, then we are far from seeing the country we all dream of.
National Conference is a waste time, cos my people the south-south (Rivers) in particular will want resource control, the North will vote against it. Since our GEJ said the conference must be determined by the NASS

5 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 8:15am On Nov 26, 2013
kel4soft: This is my humble contribution.
1. Return to Fiscal Federalism.
2.Weaken Abuja powers
3. Feeding bottle government should stop.

Abuja is the problem of Nigeria, when everything is center there. What do you expect? Look at all the trouble in this country. All are linked to Abuja. Until Abuja stop feeding all the other states. Then, we will be discussing the same thing in the next ten years. If we have a system that works, even the so called corrupt Youths will composed themselves. After all, our leaders that loots money all travel abroad and behave like gentlemen. So our system is the problem. What do you expect from a country that the FG takes 52% of oil revenue and gives 36 states plus FCT 48 percents to States and LGA. Until, our systems are restructured, then we are far from seeing the country we all dream of.
National Conference is a waste time, cos my people the south-south (Rivers) in particular will want resource control, the North will vote against it. Since our GEJ said the conference must be determined by the NASS
ur points are quite valid but i dont think the federal house being based in abuja is the main problem.. even it is nt located in abj, it will be located in one state so dat is nt a major problem but all ur oda points are noted..
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 8:21am On Nov 26, 2013
if anybody say goodluck administration is working i will slap that person.. what has he majorly accomplished as a leader.. if it is about the privatilization of electricity then i assure you any government would have done that.. goodluck administration has shown that corruption should be condoned and appreciated into the society.. he is very imcompetent as a president.. he is weak.. i know he will win the 2015 election cos he is the one in power so he will know what to do to remain in power.. so i still dont see this country changing anytime soon

7 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by kennypoka2(m): 8:27am On Nov 26, 2013
sbaks:
yes! privatization of telecoms sector has brought wealth, businesses and even jobs to nigerians. Can you count the number of staffs telecoms have? not to talk of the programs they have sponsored, the models they have given jobs, their dealers making profit,... Do you know that 14 companies are interested in power sector? do you know the enormous jobs that will create? not to talk of oil sector 'join'
seriously after the privatilization of electricity wat has really changed in electricity.. i still dont see any major changes ma guy.. i believe the power sector is still controlled by the federal government.. guy nothin is changing.. nigeria needs us to stand and fight for our right.. if i stand up and i dont see supporters cos majorly nigerians are scared, nothin will happen.. in overseas you see freedom fighters, human rights.. i wonder if in nigeria the human right are even working.. rubbish!!!
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 9:44am On Nov 26, 2013
kennypoka2: if anybody say goodluck administration is working i will slap that person.. what has he majorly accomplished as a leader.. if it is about the privatilization of electricity then i assure you any government would have done that.. goodluck administration has shown that corruption should be condoned and appreciated into the society.. he is very imcompetent as a president.. he is weak.. i know he will win the 2015 election cos he is the one in power so he will know what to do to remain in power.. so i still dont see this country changing anytime soon
You should have told us earlier that you opened this thread to attack the person of Mr president.Another yabaleft escapee opening a thread to abuse a man that inherited the problems caused by his people and their northern masters. Akpamu
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 10:59am On Nov 26, 2013
Nigeria is passing through what a developing Nation should pass through,therefore, this is Just a Phase in the life of Nigeria as a country !!

The Problem is basically ''Education'' (I don't mean School)..... Nigeria shall change for better when the Uneducated lots vacate and Allow those who really Understand the requirements(Not Just Certificate) of Governance to preside over our Affairs ..... But they(Uneducated Lots) won't vacate Ordinarily without a fight Nonetheless, they will soon Phase-Out !!!

This Phase woulda been left behind in History if not for Nzeogwu's coup that spared Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe and the widely perceived Ethnic Sentiment behind it ...... Till Today, there has never been ''TRUST'' and level of Ethnic Tension and Scare of Ethnic Domination has escalated ..... All these Ills threaten the development of Nigeria !!

SNC is needed in this Nation,If we want ShortCut to this phase because the present calibre of leaders know and Understand the problems but administering the panacea has always lead to further problems and they are clueless on how to go around it leading to ''If U can't beat them,U join them'' !!

The Future of Nigeria is Bright and it is gonna be few years soon.....Amen !!!

All we need are Selfless,Dedicated and strong Few Men to Put the rest-men and Negotiate with Old-Goons in Ensuring that there are New Orders and Formulas negating the Oldways and Oddways of Political,Democratic and Other Businesses in Nigeria!!!

P-Square Sings : ''The Future is Brightiye,E dey enta ma Eyehiye''!!smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Detained Blogger, Musa Azare, Released / Trump Reacts To Biafra Visit On Twitter PICS / 2023: Court Dismisses PDP's Suit Seeking Disqualification Of Tinubu, Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.