Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,722 members, 7,820,508 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:12 PM

Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed (8020 Views)

Ojukwu Being Welcomed At A Village Hospital By Igbo Ladies / Amaechi Welcomed At Calabar Carnival In A Warm Manner / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SenatorM(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2013
I see a brighter and better Nigeria. Only if we the citizens can stand up protest, fight for our right and drive out corruption and bad government

NIGERIANS!! STAND UP AND FIGHT FOR YOUR RIGHT

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by 50calibre(m): 11:43am On Nov 27, 2013
Anybody who thinks Nigeria will ever get better, is either a fo*l or a blind optimist. Nigeria's woes are here to stay, and will only get worse with time.

Nigeria can change, but will it change? The plain answer is NO, Why? Because Nigeria was already doomed to fail right from the inception, amalgamating the North & the South, two different people, with different cultures, beliefs, ideologies, religions & reasoning, was a sure recipe for disaster, a disaster that was then solidified by the British handing over the reins of power to the northerners.

What this led to, was years of bad leadership, corruption on a very large scale, tyrannical regimes, our colonial master the British saw all these but kept mute, as far as the oil kept flowing. We are now at a point where it's now a vicious cycle corruption & incompetence, political figures from the independence era, are still hanging around the political cadre till today, paving way for their kids & puppets.

The Biafrans saw this early & tried to forge their path, but were violently suppressed by Nigeria, with aid from the " so called " champions of human rights, a crime that's unaccounted for till today.

The mind of an average Nigerian is corrupt, it's now an inborn trait, but all it going to take to change Nigeria, is one man, ( a Rawlings, a Mao, a Stalin, a hitler ) a radical with a huge sense of national pride, willing to achieve his goals by any means possible, you have to fight fire with fire, and who knows, maybe that man is ME, someday I might have the power to finally redress the vile that was transgressed upon the Biafrans, & then set Nigeria on its proper path.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by PHILINDUKWE: 11:44am On Nov 27, 2013
Pls from were una wan start nepa,road strike, school, hospital,good water abeg another topic

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by moonraker(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2013
Brb. Let me consult the oracles sad angry
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Notion(m): 11:45am On Nov 27, 2013
juman: One nigeria is the key problem.
you have an idea there, i don't think nigerians are actually one also as we always portray to be because of the tribalism everywhere you go.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Alleinad(f): 11:50am On Nov 27, 2013
I think the change has already started. it may not be so obvious for a while however in some years from now it will show. I believe this because as individuals, alot of us have maintained our integrity, we have put in our little quota to make the nation better. it may not be felt yet but as we increase in number, our cumulative efforts will show forth and evoke change. Be the change you want to see, that's our motto. join us and this nation is not far from great.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 11:51am On Nov 27, 2013
The problem with Nigeria is not Nigerians, for God sake, Nigerians are amazing people and one of the best class of people you might ever meet. We might have a bad reputation as regards internet scam, 419, this or that, and even have some bad eggs amongst us but that's natural cos as long as there's good, there'd be bad too and so far we've managed that well ( Every country has its own ).

For Nigeria to change, lotta things have to change first and sadly I see no signs of any of these things changing so I'm really scared unless these things change, Nigeria might never change.

Like they say History repeats itself. I just hope we'd learn on time before its too late. But for me I'm busy tryna create a better world for the offsprings that'd come into the world through me. I might leave Nigeria to settle outside buh then I will always come around and make every positive impact I can make cos whether we like it or not, There's no other place we'd call home and there will never be another place called Nigeria, that'd have all these tribes, cultures, language, lifestyle and all the blessings we have. Its just quite sad...I see no changes in Nigeria its been growing worse as I grow older....and according to machiavelli, " Never allow a disorder to continue in order to avoid war " lotta people in Nigeria should be murdered and not only murdered but erased cos unless these circle changes... Nigeria aint changing.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Okaka27(m): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2013
I dunno sha but .... undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by operator222(m): 11:54am On Nov 27, 2013
May be
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2013
50calibre:

The mind of an average Nigerian is corrupt, it's now an inborn trait, but all it going to take to change Nigeria, is one man, ( a Rawlings, a Mao, a Stalin, a hitler ) a radical with a huge sense of national pride, willing to achieve his goals by any means possible, you have to fight fire with fire, and who knows, maybe that man is ME, someday I might have the power to finally redress the vile that was transgressed upon the Biafrans, & then set Nigeria on its proper path.

grin
grin
grin
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by solomon111(m): 11:57am On Nov 27, 2013
Mscheww.
Country that should've been divided a long time ago.
Yes,it's true,none of the countries that will emerge will have as much potential or international clout as Nigeria as a matter of fact,but then we have no choice but to divide.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Dee60: 11:57am On Nov 27, 2013
egift: Nigeria have the capacity and human-resources to be a very great and prosperous Nation.

Our diversity and multi-ethicity is a beautification and makes us sophisticated.

But the problem we have in Nigeria is our LEADERS. They are short-sighted and very greed. They sow division among us so that we will keep fighting each other.

They think only of what to steal and then throw peanuts at us. Even when they start good projects, it is only a cover to steal more.

Until we get Leadership right, don't expect much.

I like your optimism and the optimism of other commentators here. But I think the problem goes beyond what you think.

Many of the leaders we have had, including our present leader, actually do mean well but quickly get overwhelmed when they get to power. The problem is more complex. The best leaders, when voted in, would face the same hurdles and they will soon find that being a good leader is good, but may not solve it!

In fact, I think some of these so called leaders are no longer in control!

The country needs to be re-structured into something more manageable. We do not need to break up the country but we need to create autonomies and a lean centre.

It makes no sense to expect one Police Force to manage 36 states. It makes no sense to have 36 government houses, all having huge personal security budgets. We do need 36 different houses of assembly, all trying to do the bidding of their governments. Nigeria needs 6 states and 36 LGAs.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by ajalaolanr(m): 11:58am On Nov 27, 2013
chidindufrank: Yes there is change. Under the able leadership of Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Nigeria started experiencing positive changes in all sectors. The president is committed in giving Nigerian a new look,he has displayed great leadership skills that has never been felt before in the history of the nation.If Jonathan can achieve so much within 2 1/2 years of being our leader,then there is hope that before he completes his tenure in 2019 that this country will be a force to reckon with in the world. I believe in positive change and we are seeing it manifest right now.Goodluck Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!

Nonsense right?
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by PHILINDUKWE: 11:59am On Nov 27, 2013
Plseeeees,Who can explain the full meaning of seven point agender or una don foget? and wer it originated from and how many that av been achieved do you no d worst is handing phcn over to private sector till nw i av nt witness 30mins light but with d formal phcn at least 1 to 2hr. Music activated nigeria jaga. Jagaaa poor man they suffer ...........
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Dee60: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
ajalaolanr:

Nonsense right?

Complete arrant nonsense. The regimes keep getting worse everytime and in my opinion, this is the worst yet!

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 12:03pm On Nov 27, 2013
kennypoka2:
I concur with you but it is not only our leaders alone wat abt us the youth.. how are we building nigeria ourselves.. if nigeria needs to change i tell you this it starts with us. with each and everyone of us.. tanks 4 ur view

There's a cycle involved here in such a way that it starts and ends with the masses including the youths at the same time it also starts and ends with the leaders. And although both parties have there credits and faults, buh same way the fault lies with the leaders, it lies with the masses. There's no leader anywhere unless there are followers. Its the right of the followers to tell a leader...No, we are not following you anymore. And unless we are able to speak with one voice and say No, then we shouldn't blame the leaders for anything cos we have failed as a people. Same way our fathers failed us, sadly we are beginning to fails the future Nigerian seeds.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 12:06pm On Nov 27, 2013
kennypoka2:
thanks jawe.. this is one of the most sensible contribution to this thread.. GOD bless Nigeria

We all have different definitions and meanings attached to ever word. In this case the word is " sensible ".
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 12:09pm On Nov 27, 2013
Joavid:

grin
grin
grin

Ki lo n so? < What are all dese ones saying? >
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 12:10pm On Nov 27, 2013
kennypoka2: Anytime am discussing with ma dad or mom on the crises rocking our lovely country nigeria, you see the sadness in their faces when they speak out with passion but i also notice one thing similar to both of them,at the end of their statement they each say NIGERIA will b better soon.. i want to get people's view on this. Do you see nigeria changing anytime soon?.. will we be one of the first world nations soon?.. ur views are always appreciated
Why not shut it with all these pointless questions. A country is its people not the flag or monuments. You be the change you have to be and STOP WHINING.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by SirHackeem: 12:11pm On Nov 27, 2013
chidindufrank: Yes there is change. Under the able leadership of Dr Goodluck Ebele Azikiwe Jonathan Nigeria started experiencing positive changes in all sectors. The president is committed in giving Nigerian a new look,he has displayed great leadership skills that has never been felt before in the history of the nation.If Jonathan can achieve so much within 2 1/2 years of being our leader,then there is hope that before he completes his tenure in 2019 that this country will be a force to reckon with in the world. I believe in positive change and we are seeing it manifest right now.Goodluck Nigeria!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry please what has he achieved and how come 2019 is involved in this?
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by chairman: 12:13pm On Nov 27, 2013
if anybody say goodluck administration is working i will slap that person.. what has he majorly accomplished as a leader.. if it is about the privatilization of electricity then i assure you any government would have done that.. goodluck administration has shown that corruption should be condoned and appreciated into the society.. he is very imcompetent as a president.. he is weak.. i know he will win the 2015 election cos he is the one in power so he will know what to do to remain in power.. so i still dont see this country changing anytime soon[/quote]why is it that people like you will always blame jonathan for everything? The same ppl you want to relace him did not change your nigeria when they were there. The problem with nigeria is not leadership, the problem with nig is it's makd up. Check out all the countries of the world and those with the same make up as nig are breaking up, nobody wants nig, the only thing holding nig together is oil and selfishness and we all know it, anybody who believes that nig will be good ever is living in self denialif anybody say goodluck administration is working i will slap that person.. what has he majorly accomplished as a leader.. if it is about the privatilization of electricity then i assure you any government would have done that.. goodluck administration has shown that corruption should be condoned and appreciated into the society.. he is very imcompetent as a president.. he is weak.. i know he will win the 2015 election cos he is the one in power so he will know what to do to remain in power.. so i still dont see this country changing anytime soon[/quote]why is it that people like you will always blame jonathan for everything? The same ppl you want to relace him did not change your nigeria when they were there. The problem with nigeria is not leadership, the problem with nig is it's makd up. Check out all the countries of the world and those with the same make up as nig are breaking up, nobody wants nig, the only thing holding nig together is oil and selfishness and we all know it, anybody who believes that nig will be good ever is living in self denialif anybody say goodluck administration is working i will slap that person.. what has he majorly accomplished as a leader.. if it is about the privatilization of electricity then i assure you any government would have done that.. goodluck administration has shown that corruption should be condoned and appreciated into the society.. he is very imcompetent as a president.. he is weak.. i know he will win the 2015 election cos he is the one in power so he will know what to do to remain in power.. so i still dont see this country changing anytime soon[/quote]why is it that people like you will always blame jonathan for everything? The same ppl you want to relace him did not change your nigeria when they were there. The problem with nigeria is not leadership, the problem with nig is it's makd up. Check out all the countries of the world and those with the same make up as nig are breaking up, nobody wants nig, the only thing holding nig together is oil and selfishness and we all know it, anybody who believes that nig will be good ever is living in self denial
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by chairman: 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2013
kennypoka2: if anybody say goodluck administration is working i will slap that person.. what has he majorly accomplished as a leader.. if it is about the privatilization of electricity then i assure you any government would have done that.. goodluck administration has shown that corruption should be condoned and appreciated into the society.. he is very imcompetent as a president.. he is weak.. i know he will win the 2015 election cos he is the one in power so he will know what to do to remain in power.. so i still dont see this country changing anytime soon
[color=]
kennypoka2: if anybody say goodluck administration is working i will slap that person.. what has he majorly accomplished as a leader.. if it is about the privatilization of electricity then i assure you any government would have done that.. goodluck administration has shown that corruption should be condoned and appreciated into the society.. he is very imcompetent as a president.. he is weak.. i know he will win the 2015 election cos he is the one in power so he will know what to do to remain in power.. so i still dont see this country changing anytime soon
[/color]
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by hassymo5(m): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2013
CHANGING FOR GOOD OR BAD??

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by jerrymania(m): 12:23pm On Nov 27, 2013
nigeria is a failed state. get out while you can

2 Likes

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Malakh: 12:24pm On Nov 27, 2013
When the wicked are in power the people/poor mourn... There goes your answer
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by rynie(f): 12:27pm On Nov 27, 2013
hehehehehehehehehehehehehehehehe,after being a nairaland guest for close to a year i finally get the courage to sign up as a member and i'm soooooooo happy with myself.biko like to welcome me to Nl jare grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.nigeria will never be great.get out while u still can#my2cents
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Litmus: 12:30pm On Nov 27, 2013
Can someone please tell me what people are moaning about?? Is Nigeria a first world country? No; Is Nigeria a developing Nation? Yes; How does Nigeria compare to developing Nations worldwide? Bloody well, thank you very much. Would i rather be a poor fella in any of the Black African Nations instead of poor in Nigeria? No. I've been poor in Nigeria and we got ourselves out of poverty by being industrious. I suppose if you're a small person interested in politics in Nigeria it would be frustrating because you'd get nowhere unless you had money and connections and maybe the stomach to eliminate foes. But that shouldn't be cause to to want to split the entire nation resulting in mass suffering all because of your own selfish political frustrations and needs.

Margaret Thatcher's admonishment comes to mind. What moaning Minnies! Nigerians can be. Stop flipping moaning. What's the point of being abroad in your small grotty homes warmed by paraffin heaters complaining about Nigeria. Return to Nigeria, forget about the so-called elites big house- we're not Cameroonians with their tendency to look in envy over the fence at the neighbours green garden - roll up your sleeves and work for yourselves and for the community!!!

Will Nigeria change soon to be like America?

The answer to this is more complex than you would believe because of questions such as environmental and resources availability and sustainability. There's also the growing belief in some quarters that there are right now a number of technologies and manufacturing philosophies that are going to be real game-changers. These things are set to turn the world upside down in a few decades. Already, Chinese capital, in the form of manufacturing machinery, e.g robots, that together with population,facilitated fordist productions that has seen China dominate the world
economically might become their liability as new manufacturing methods informed by the personal choices of consumers, takes off in every corner of the world.

Nigeria is a Nation with great potential that will be realised by our efforts and that of our children and grand children or destroyed by the combination of impatience, selfishness, affected-bigotry and the envy of our Neighbours in Africa and abroad through negative press, creating self-fulfilling prophesies.

However, i know that the true intention of the post is not to solicit heart-felt answers such as above but to solicit abuse, name calling and fake tribalistic rants by the "I AM NIGERIAN" brigade, those sinister people affiliated to political parties in Nigeria and to succession groups like Biafra!!

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by spacechuks(m): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2013
oga I want you to give me three changes Gej jonsin man has done.he promise fresh air after obj regime swept the treasure of naija,but he succeeded to prove himself as a thorn in nigerian flesh,he started by removing fuel subsidy,the nxt was barth resigning cos he cud cope wt the corruption when nigerians are paying more for darkness,is deplorable state of roads,is it educational sector shambles,is it high unemployment,is it SURE-P scam,is it oga at the top appointment for few nigerian graduate into fed govt parastatals without due process,is it corruption than has grown more than double despite he promise to fight corruption,his inefficiencies are nameless,he is a failure,so next time you come here and spew rubbish,God who knws the truth go punish you.
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Alleinad(f): 12:34pm On Nov 27, 2013
Change in Nigeria is you and me.

1 Like

Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by protonz(m): 12:39pm On Nov 27, 2013
.......... http:///1bEuSc6 check out this
awesome opportunity.....
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by Nobody: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2013
Annie2gud: Yeah....but we have to Embark on mass Elimination of those Old thieves.major kaduna Nzeogwu Comes to Mind.follow this practical,and see,if naija wont be a better place..

That bastard called Nzeogwu is one of the main reason Nigeria is what it is today. If he had not killed Northerners for his selfish gain,Nigeria would have grown in love and harmony... May his cursed soul rest in pieces
Re: Do You See Nigeria Changing Anytime Soon- Your View Is Welcomed by geeworld1(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2013

Under Jonathan's tenure:
1. We woke up jan 1st 2012 to celebrate the new year only to hear of "removal of fuel subsidy" ok he said the money will βѮ used 4 constructing REFINERIES....pls sum 1 shud show me a Refinery that is curreently working nw??

2. Nigeria students hav been @ home 4 over 5 months nw is still counting.....and the end of the strike is nt even @ site

3. The amount of money Nigeria borrowed under GEJ tenure is rily large, our future generation will havee to suffer the consequencies

4."PRESIDENTAL PARDON" hmmm I dnt even wanna talk abt that

.......And the list still goes on n on

Come 2015 if u like urselves dnt vote GEJ in

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Two Youngest Pilots In Nigeria / List Of World Oil Rich Countries Facing Recession Now / Wike Shocked Kalabari People And Felix Obuah, Anoints Sim Fubara

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.