Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,111 members, 7,814,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Standby Generator - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Standby Generator (3143 Views)

He Disturbs Me With Generator Because I Said No To Him / Please Ladies Can U Put On A Big Generator Without A Key / Generator Fumes Kill Lovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Standby Generator by DeepZone: 6:33pm On Jul 21, 2008
Some women keep guys behind the scene just in case their main boyfriend comes short of marriage anytime AKA sudden death. Will you justify that move as a woman especially when the said woman is not necessarily sleeping with those guys but just keeping them at bay in case. Will that fall into the category of cheating?

As a man, if you find out you are her 2nd or 3rd best, what do you do? work harder to move yourself up the cadre and win her over or walk away like a coward?
Re: Standby Generator by Nobody: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2008
That is insensitive now embarassed

Can you imagine, basically he will just be a 'spare part' incase the original toy gets broken, stick to one man and one man alone
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 6:40pm On Jul 21, 2008
That is insensitive now Embarrassed

Can you imagine, basically he will just be a 'spare part' incase the original toy gets broken, stick to one man and one man alone

You think guys don't do that? They've been doing it from time immemorial and again, what if the man you sticked to like evo stick turn around to walk away, wouldn't your stand by gen be useful then? I don't blame chics for keeping stand by gen in case PHCN take lightooo as long as you don't sleep with them.
Re: Standby Generator by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jul 21, 2008
DeepZone:

You think guys don't do that? They've been doing it from time immemorial and again, what if the man you sticked to like evo stick turn around to walk away, wouldn't your stand by gen be useful then? I don't blame chics for keeping stand by gen in case PHCN take lightooo as long as you don't sleep with them.
I'm sure not all guys do it, besides, just because some people do it does not mean you must follow, that is my own opinion, i wouldn't do it, i would prefer to stick to one person, if that does not work out, there are plenty more guys where he came from smiley
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 6:46pm On Jul 21, 2008
I'm sure not all guys do it, besides, just because some people do it does not mean you must follow, that is my own opinion, i wouldn't do it, i would prefer to stick to one person, if that does not work out, there are plenty more guys where he came from
make hay while the sun shines.
Re: Standby Generator by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jul 21, 2008
DeepZone:

make hay while the sun shines.
hehehe cheesy
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 6:57pm On Jul 21, 2008
hehehe
Yesooooo and remember to catch them young and rich.
Re: Standby Generator by zeal500: 7:01pm On Jul 21, 2008
poster since you know it all why post? embarassed lipsrsealed
if you ask me , having more than one person means that you can never give out all your love.
Again their is the question of trust
if u poster find out that you are a contingency plan, will you ever be comfortable.
You cannot serve two masters at a time. Here you will never work hard to improve your r/ship and when one party alone does this, know that it will have a limit one day and you might just loose your best
so i suggest that before you enter into a r/ship be sure that that is exactly what you want and then give it your best short.
cos whatsoever you sow that you will reap. Hence if you think it is about having toy around you better have a re-think cos you will just make a silly mistake.
Re: Standby Generator by Pataki: 7:08pm On Jul 21, 2008
Funmi! grin cheesy grin

DeepZone:

Some women keep guys behind the scene just in case their main boyfriend comes short of marriage anytime AKA sudden death. Will you justify that move as a woman especially when the said woman is not necessarily sleeping with those guys but just keeping them at bay in case. Will that fall into the category of cheating?

As a man, if you find out you are her 2nd or 3rd best, what do you do? work harder to move yourself up the cadre and win her over or walk away like a coward?
Walking away does not imply a cowardly act. And who tells you a guy does not have back-up plans?
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:09pm On Jul 21, 2008
if u poster find out that you are a contingency plan, will you ever be comfortable.
No, I'll not!!

You cannot serve two masters at a time. Here you will never work hard to improve your r/ship and when one party alone does this, know that it will have a limit one day and you might just loose your best

Guys has been keeping several stand by gens and it worked out really well for them.

so i suggest that before you enter into a r/ship be sure that that is exactly what you want and then give it your best short.
A standBy gen will not make me(am not marriage crazy unless it's Celestine Babayaro) not to give my main relationship my best shot.

because whatsoever you sow that you will reap. Hence if you think it is about having toy around you better have a re-think because you will just make a silly mistake.

Are Nigerian politicians reaping from what they sowed?
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:11pm On Jul 21, 2008

Walking away does not imply a cowardly act. And who tells you a guy does not have back-up plans?

I know guys have a very huge ego that only a mac truck can demolish. They'd rather stay there and shoot it out than walk away.

Thank you for confirming that y'all keep stand By gen's.
Re: Standby Generator by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 21, 2008
A man who is secure in his relationship doesnt need a standby.
Re: Standby Generator by Pataki: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
DeepZone:

I know guys have a very huge ego that only a mac truck can demolish. They'd rather stay there and shoot it out than walk away.

Thank you for confirming that y'all keep stand By gen's.
Oh please spare me!

Which reasonable guy stays as the 2nd or 3rd guy substitute and expects to shoot it out. They mus be a living thrash.
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:15pm On Jul 21, 2008
A man who is secure in his relationship doesnt need a standby
True because most times, they call the shots(as in marriage) but these days, chics can pull on them and they are re~adopting the culture.
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:18pm On Jul 21, 2008
Which reasonable guy stays as the 2nd or 3rd guy substitute and expects to shoot it out. They mus be a living thrash.

Are you denying this one again? I hope you know that when I said, shoot it out, I don't literally mean with a gun.
Re: Standby Generator by Pataki: 7:21pm On Jul 21, 2008
DeepZone:

Are you denying this one again? I hope you know that when I said, shoot it out, I don't literally mean with a gun.
I understand the context of shooting it out as you are trying to imply. Can you now address my statement?
Re: Standby Generator by eldee(m): 7:24pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

A man who is secure in his relationship doesnt need a standby.
I think it depends on what phase of the relationship they are
You can't start seeing sumone for two months and say you're not chatting up this other lady that attracts you

That's crosses the line towards stupidity

@DeepZone
Any guy that accepts to be 2nd choice is just totally stupid
Re: Standby Generator by zeal500: 7:25pm On Jul 21, 2008
l/g
pls ignore this poster cos he/she knows it all and just want TO MAKE the page(s)
Re: Standby Generator by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jul 21, 2008
eldee:

I think it depends on what phase of the relationship they are
You can't start seeing sumone for two months and say you're not chatting up this other lady that attracts you

That's crosses the line towards stupidity

Better stupid than a cheat. Once i cross the "yes" line with you i expect every other competitor to be history.
Re: Standby Generator by Pataki: 7:29pm On Jul 21, 2008
eldee:

@DeepZone
Succinctly stated.
Re: Standby Generator by onyinye2(f): 7:31pm On Jul 21, 2008
@post

dont really feel the need for a stand by guy or a sideline. it just doesnt seem right to me. If im in a relationship i am going to be in that relationship. by having stand by guy it just makes it harder to fully commit to my relationship. it shows that you have no confidence that the relationship will work out so might as well keep my options open.
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:33pm On Jul 21, 2008

@DeepZone

You guys should know that this has to do with emotion and it's not like getting a job. A guy can be in love with a woman so much that he will agree to be her 3rd best. It happens and lets not just pretend we live in a perfect world because we are online. Don't guys kill each other for one woman again? What is responsible for that?

Again, I quote Dylan, "Better be stupid than a cheat".
Re: Standby Generator by Pataki: 7:37pm On Jul 21, 2008
DeepZone:

You guys should know that this has to do with emotion and it's not like getting a job. A guy can be in love with a woman so much that he will agree to be her 3rd best. It happens and lets not just pretend we live in a perfect world because we are online. Don't guys kill each other for one woman again? What is responsible for that?
Abject stupidity.
Re: Standby Generator by eldee(m): 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2008
davidylan:

Better stupid than a cheat. Once i cross the "yes" line with you i expect every other competitor to be history.
It's not even courtship yet, women call it the 'I'm kinda seeing this guy' stage
That's just like a taster stage . . . there's no guarantee at that stage

davidylan:

It's not even courtship yet, women call it the 'I'm kinda seeing this guy' stage

@DeepZone
Because he's in love doesn't mean he's not stupid

And when they fight for the woman, that's got more to do with a show of masculinity than the love
And it's the next level of stupidity, as Pataki rightly said
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:40pm On Jul 21, 2008
Abject stupidity.

So, what is your style? Do you subscribe to keeping standby generators or do you play it one at a time irrespective of what may happen in the long run?
Re: Standby Generator by onyinye2(f): 7:43pm On Jul 21, 2008
eldee:

It's not even courtship yet, women call it the 'I'm kind of seeing this guy' stage

oh watever eldee. men do the same thing to right. but yal just be saying "oh she is just a friend."
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:44pm On Jul 21, 2008
@DeepZone
Because he's in love doesn't mean he's not stupid

And when they fight for the woman, that's got more to do with a show of masculinity than the love
And it's the next level of stupidity, as Pataki rightly said

Love and religion can make you do stupid things, abi? Thats why a very intelligent, suave and well educated man that can pass for a genius will fall stupidly for a woman even when people around him are shouting "you are just silly" in his ears.

Where is your brother, Hannibal?
Re: Standby Generator by Pataki: 7:46pm On Jul 21, 2008
DeepZone:

So, what is your style? Do you subscribe to keeping standby generators or do you play it one at a time irrespective of what may happen in the long run?
Why you buvvered about my style? I subscribe to a guy using his head and not been driven by his stupid emotions. wink
Re: Standby Generator by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jul 21, 2008
eldee:

It's not even courtship yet, women call it the 'I'm kind of seeing this guy' stage

I must concede we are obviously not talking on the same wavelength. I've been single for one purpose . . . i see no reason for the "taster" stage. Once i'm into something its serious business.
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:50pm On Jul 21, 2008
I must concede we are obviously not talking on the same wavelength. I've been single for one purpose . . . i see no reason for the "taster" stage. Once i'm into something its serious business.

Roflmao; welcome to the new age movement. tongue tongue tongue
Re: Standby Generator by eldee(m): 7:51pm On Jul 21, 2008
DeepZone:

Love and religion can make you do stupid things, abi? Thats why a very intelligent, suave and well educated man that can pass for a genius will fall stupidly for a woman even when people around him are shouting "you are just silly" in his ears.
Love stupity . . . it is still stupidity

DeepZone:

Where is your brother, Hannibal?
Am I my brother's keeper? cheesy cheesy

onyinye2:

oh watever eldee. men do the same thing to right. but yal just be saying "oh she is just a friend."
Nah . . . that stage is different
That's escape from this stalker stage
Re: Standby Generator by DeepZone: 7:52pm On Jul 21, 2008
Why you buvvered about my style? I subscribe to a guy using his head and not been driven by his stupid emotions.

Are you even sure you are not being stupid in your present relationship? Everybody is prone to emotional stupidity and there is no known antidote for it. You've been warned. Women are way smarter than men.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Funniest Pick-up Lines You Ever Heard Or Said / Dont Be Overcaring To A Girl, It Hurts :( / Reasons Not To Live Together Before Marriage.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.