Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,045 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:52 AM

Generator Fumes Kill Lovers - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Generator Fumes Kill Lovers (1598 Views)

So What If Nkem Owoh Touched My Breasts! Actress Anita Joseph Fumes / TRAGEDY: Generator Fumes Kill Newly Married Couple In Calabar / Lovers Die After Inhaling Generator Fumes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by emmatok(m): 12:59pm On Oct 04, 2010
Residents of 1, Okiki Street, Agaguro Town, Ikorodu area of Lagos have been thrown into mourning following the death of two lovers, Yemi Obote, and Sade Adeleke, suspected to have been killed by generator fumes on Saturday.

Obote, 46, a divorcee with child hailed from Edo State, while Adeleke, 32, an unmarried lady, was an indigene of Sagamu, Ogun State.

Although the police are still battling to unravel the mystery behind the sudden dead of the lovebirds, a witness, Titilayo Alaoyode, who was Adeleke’s close friend, said generator’s fume killed the late lovers.

Alaoyode told PUNCH METRO that Adeleke had on Friday asked her and another friend, identified simply as Kemi, to accompnay her to see Obote at a hotel.

She said after Obote had entertained them, he went away with Adeleke.

Alaoyode and Kemi, who lodged at the hotel, said they became apprehensive when Sade did not return to the hotel on time in the morning and decided to look for her at Obote’s residence.

She said, “When I reached there, the gate was opened and Obote’s car was parked outside. I knocked at the door but there was no response. I opened the kitchen door, the generator carbon covered my nostrils. I then thought that if I put off the generator, that may make them to ask who put off the generator. Yet nobody said anything. I then went to the door and knocked. I later peeped and saw someone’s legs.

“So, I went back and saw one man riding tricycle, ‘keke Marwa,’ and narrated to him what I saw. We called neighbours and the Baale and they came. We later called the police, who now came and forcibly opened the door. The District Police Officer is the one that opened the door and we saw both of them lying dead.”

The Baale of Ajaguro Town, Chief Sikiru Okikiade, also corroborated Alaoyode’s account of the incident.

The corpses of the deceased had been deposited at Ikorodu General Hospital.

The matter is currently at the Owotu Police Station, Ikorodu, where the witness was helping the police in their investigation as at press time.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art2010100420834
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2010
If God asks them

what killed u,

They would say its generator fumes,

Did the fumes just blank them out after they continuously kept in-haling it

or where they asleep and from there passed to the heavens

I seriously dont think the Gen killed them,maybe someone strangled them to death,
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Nobody: 3:57pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^^

Are you this dumb?
Carbon Monoxide (CO) from the exhaust pipe of the generator is a deadly gas
Enough to kill anyone sleeping because it is odourless and colourless
It eats up (reacts) with the Oxygen in the body to form CO2
some chemistry for u grin grin grin

back to post,
really, I dont understand how the friend that came in the morning can have access to switch off the gen
that means the gen was outside ('cus according to them, the door was locked)
if the gen was outside, does it mean the exhaust pipe is channeled into the room?

however,
I dont know the configuration of the house and wind direction as at that time
anything is possible

@all
KEEP GENERATORS FAR AWAR FROM YOUR ROOMS
AND MOST IMPORTANTLY. ENSURE THERE IS SUFFICIENT VENTILATION IN YOUR ROOM
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2010

Are you this dumb?
Carbon Monoxide (CO) from the exhaust pipe of the generator is a deadly gas
Enough to kill anyone sleeping because it is odourless and colourless
It eats up (reacts) with the Oxygen in the body to form CO2
some chemistry for

Sexology lecturer
I didnt do chemistry i was an arts student~ angry angry
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by emmatok(m): 4:07pm On Oct 04, 2010
Fumes dont kill in seconds there must have been a period of discomfort which they ignored probably because they  carried away with their sexual escapade.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by emmatok(m): 4:08pm On Oct 04, 2010
Fumes dont kill in seconds there must have been a period of discomfort which they ignored probably because they are  carried away with their sexual escapade.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 4:35pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^
That was precisely wat i tot before this sexology lecturer came 2 teach me more~
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Nobody: 4:44pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^^^

daft tot
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 4:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
^^

daft answer!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by abrahym(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2010
Too bad, that i said let ban use of generator in 9ja
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by MurphyG1(m): 8:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
190:

If God asks them

what killed u,

I seriously dont think the Gen killed them,maybe someone strangled them to death,

Is this ur first time of hearing that generator fumes kill?
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by MurphyG1(m): 8:36pm On Oct 04, 2010
emmatok:

Fumes dont kill in seconds there must have been a period of discomfort which they ignored probably because they  carried away with their sexual escapade.

Although the gen was outside, I believe the wind must have directed the fumes into the room and possibly they were asleep then. So the wouldnt have known untill they got choked.
CO gas is a very poisonous gas and about 0.5% of it in the blood kills!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by queeneve: 8:48pm On Oct 04, 2010
Murphy G:

Is this your first time of hearing that generator fumes kill?

He a bit slow, Pardon him,
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by MRMoneyE(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2010
190:

If God asks them

what killed u,

[size=20pt]DUMB[/size] ??
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by jumpmasta(m): 9:45pm On Oct 04, 2010
They simply died from carbon monoxide poisoning, period
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by slap1(m): 9:46pm On Oct 04, 2010
THANK GOD I DON'T HAVE A GENERATOR.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 10:11pm On Oct 04, 2010
angry angry! grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 2sexy(m): 10:28pm On Oct 04, 2010
Wow so bad!
Carbon(II)oxide is a deadly gas from incomplete combustion of the fuel in the generator. Actually, the gas was suppose to be completely burnt out to produce just carbondioxide and water, but unfortunately, due to some to the way the generators are designed and motor vehicle engines, they are often un-able to complete the combustion.

Now when this carbonmonoxide is inhaled, it mixes with the blood stream and prevent the haemoglobin ( the main function is to transport oxygen in the body to form oxyhaemoglobin) from transporting the oxygen in the body and when the carbonmonoxide becomes more than the body can bare it KILLS! because there is insufficient oxygen in the body. HOUSE BEWARE! That black smoke that you see coming out from exhaust pipe, kerosene stove and other source is what is known as carbonmonoxide( old name) Carbon(II)oxide (new name as give by the hyupac nomeclature)

Your CHEM101 LECTURER grin grin grin
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Basseti: 10:30pm On Oct 04, 2010
2sexy:

That black smoke that you see coming out from exhaust pipe, kerosene stove and other source is what is known as carbonmonoxide( old name) Carbon(II)oxide (new name as give by the hyupac nomeclature)

Your CHEM101 LECTURER grin grin grin

If U are a chem teacher, then I dont envy ur students.

CO is colorless, tasteless and odorless.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by niceone3(m): 12:05am On Oct 05, 2010
Whaooo! We've got some good chemists in d house. 2sexy almost killed it. I would also lv 2 add that d black smoke that 2sexy talked abt is not due to cabon(11)Oxide CO  but due to uncombusted cabon. D end product of combustion of any hydrocabon is ideally cabon4oxide (CO4) & water vapour. but due to semi & incomplete combustion as well as counter reduction reaction we have a more polluted output of  cabon(black), CO(Colourless), CO2(colourles) & water vapour. 2much exposure to d cabon may cause some lungs complications as well as eye related problem . However, d real killer is CO2 cos it starves d body cells usefull Oxygen needed for metabolism, namely catabolism(ie d breaking down of food substances in oder to release useful energy).
CO kills. So make sure u'r not exposed to 2much of it.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 8:43am On Oct 05, 2010
every-body welcome 2 chemistry 201

now open to page 21 of your ababio chemistry text book

today's topic is: GENERATOR FUMES!!
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by ReachRich(m): 11:32am On Oct 05, 2010
190:

every-body welcome 2 chemistry 201

now open to page 21 of your ababio chemistry text book

today's topic is: GENERATOR FUMES!!

LWKMD.Chei,i don die with laff here.
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2010
^^
Keep laffin nah ur mouth~
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 8:06pm On Jan 06, 2011
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jan 06, 2011
Why put this depressing story on here? tsk.  angry undecided cry
It's pretty sad but atleast they died together. May God rest their souls
and you arseholes laughing like this is funny, jump off of a bridge onto a
highway in front of a truck and let it drag your arses 1/4 of a mile!  angry  angry
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Dsense(m): 8:54pm On Jan 06, 2011
^^^Can';t laff this time grin grin grin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by 190: 8:58pm On Jan 06, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Why put this depressing story on here? tsk.  angry undecided cry
It's pretty sad but atleast they died together. May God rest their souls
and you arseholes laughing like this is funny, jump off of a bridge onto a
highway in front of a truck and let it drag your arses 1/4 of a mile!  angry  angry

watch your tongue miss.190
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Phate07(m): 9:00pm On Jan 06, 2011

Lol @thread and posts. grin grin
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Dsense(m): 9:11pm On Jan 06, 2011
grin grin grin . . . .Still laughing grin
Re: Generator Fumes Kill Lovers by Beync(f): 10:53pm On Jan 06, 2011
these chemistry lecturers no go kill me with grammer heregrin
dats why i dont like chemistry in secondry schl those days, too many longer grammer for one small thing

(1) (Reply)

Having That Perfect Relationship; Must Sex Be A Criteria? / CONDITIONS: Femi Kuti Gives Guys 10 Conditions To Date His Daughters / Help!she Jilted Me,now She Is Begging To Come Back

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.