Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,793 members, 7,810,063 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:48 PM

Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says (2808 Views)

Ex-governor Aliyu Booed And Stoned By Angry Crowd At Inauguration / Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State Loses Senate Election / IBB, Abdulsalami Reconcile Gov. Aliyu Of Niger State With Deputy Gov. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by LMAyedun(m): 2:26pm On Nov 26, 2013
The governor announced this through his spokesperson.

The Niger State Governor, Babangida Aliyu, has said that he remains a member of the ruling Peoples Democratic Party, PDP.

Mr. Aliyu stated this hours after the All Progressives Congress announced a merger with the Abubakar Baraje- faction of the PDP called ‘New PDP.’

Mr. Aliyu and six other PDP governors are members of the ‘New PDP.’

Governor Aliyu’s Chief Press Secretary, Danladi Ndayebo, in a statement said his principal was shocked “at the announcement of the merger of New PDP and APC even before a final decision was taken on the matter.”

Mr. Ndayebo said Mr. Aliyu was not present at the meeting where the merger deal was sealed between the New PDP and APC leaders as widely reported by the media.

The spokesperson said the Niger governor “insisted that talks were still ongoing with the president and would await the outcome of the negotiation before taking a final decision.”

Mr. Baraje had told journalists at the media briefing in Abuja, to announce the merger on Tuesday, that Mr. Aliyu left the merger meeting early but agreed with the decision.

With Mr. Aliyu’s announcement, the merger has 17 governors (11 APC and 6 New PDP).

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/150347-breaking-news-remain-pdp-governor-aliyu-niger-says.html

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by alexakpata: 2:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
u already a failure.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 2:31pm On Nov 26, 2013
These two Governors are only in PDP as mole. These two are being planted by APC. They are there to gather what is going on in PDP and relay information to APC. They know what they are doing. Deep down in their hearts, they are no more with PDP.

7 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by GenWOJUOLA(m): 2:32pm On Nov 26, 2013
That guy has got the brains!! Unlike my friend Rotimi, walahi Amaechi made d biggest mistake of his life!! He could have waited till january 2015 if he wanted to cause harm, now Jonathan will harm him real bad!

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 26, 2013
payless: These two Governors are only in PDP as mole. These two are being planted by APC. They are there to gather what is going on in PDP and relay information to APC. They know what they are doing. Deep down in their hearts, they are no more with PDP.

You sabi the game no be small.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by yunglykmine(m): 2:37pm On Nov 26, 2013
Aliyu is a suspect I swear...
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by jmaine: 2:38pm On Nov 26, 2013
I always knew my guy Gov Babangida Aliyu is a wise man . . . . . cheesy

Sule Lamido to also stay put . . .Wise men among the renegade lot . . . . grin

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by LMAyedun(m): 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
yunglykmine: Aliyu is a suspect I swear...
Suspect Indeed

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by gregg2: 2:41pm On Nov 26, 2013
Aliyu will be making the biggest
political mistake by joining APC

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Sunnybobo3(m): 2:43pm On Nov 26, 2013
payless: These two Governors are only in PDP as mole. These two are being planted by APC. They are there to gather what is going on in PDP and relay information to APC. They know what they are doing. Deep down in their hearts, they are no more with PDP.

Just like Rochas is a mole in APC.

Keep consoling yourself

16 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by gregg2: 2:44pm On Nov 26, 2013

And you think some of the governors joining the APC are not going there as moles?
PDP will surprise you.

16 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 26, 2013
jmaine: I always knew my guy Gov Babangida Aliyu is a wise man . . . . . cheesy

Sule Lamido to also stay put . . .Wise men among the renegade lot . . . . grin

grin grin grin grin grin

You will be very naive to really trust those guys as PDP members......Lamido and Kwankwaso are political soul-mates.

It's all high-wire politics now till elections are over.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 2:48pm On Nov 26, 2013
Exactly my thoughts! Babangida Aliyu is an intelligent man and he knows the game perfectly. He and Lamido will definitely join APC but at the right time. cool
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by jmaine: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

grin grin grin grin grin

You will be very naive to really trust those guys as PDP members......Lamido and Kwankwaso are political soul-mates.

It's all high-wire politics now till elections are over.

You did be also naive to feel they will throw all their resources and political fortune to help the APC. cheesy

The APC is just a tool they seek to use to make their threat carry needed negotiable weight.

Like you said, it's all high wired politics till 2015 . . .grin; grin

The game is still PDP . . . . . cool

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 26, 2013
Sunny_bobo:

Just like Rochas is a mole in APC.

Keep consoling yourself
No he is not! Its not his fault that he joined the progressives. While Peter Obi and others have decided to make their people gullible,Rochas has decided to choose the path of progress and transformation.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by kokoA(m): 2:56pm On Nov 26, 2013
I am sure all the northern governors will join APC before 2015..
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by yunglykmine(m): 2:58pm On Nov 26, 2013
Aliyu should be Expelled from PDP now... He is a big suspect.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 26, 2013
kokoA: I am sure all the northern governors will join APC before 2015..

Definitely not all.....but those that will stay won't be able to win Northern votes for GEJ....the same level of hatred in the SE/SS for any northern candidate will be the same for GEJ in the North.

The SS/SE shouldn't have dabble into the politics of hate and tribe......they lack the numbers to engage in such....even the Northerners that have the luxury of doing such with the advantage of the skewed population always refrain from doing such...
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by agbameta: 3:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
Alhaji Abubakar Baraje

By Chuks Okocha

The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) faction, Alhaji Abubakar Baraje Tuesday announced that the faction with seven aggrieved governors have joined the All Progressives Congress (APC).

The announcement was the outcome of the meeting that took place at the Kano state Governor's lodge in Asokoro, Abuja. The meeting was attended by the governors of Kano, Kwara, Adamawa, Niger and Rivers state.

The communique of the meeting read by Baraje reads thus: "A meeting of the leadership of APC and New PDP met this morning at the residence of Kano state Governor, Rabiu Musa Kwankwanso in Abuja.

After exhaustive deliberation the two parties agreed to merge in order to rescue our fledging democracy and the nation".
The communique was signed by the APC interim chairman, Bisi Akande and the chairman of the new PDP Kawu Abubakar Baraje.
Details to follow

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/at-last-new-pdp-officially-joins-apc/165270/
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Danhumprey: 3:06pm On Nov 26, 2013
He is not serious! He is trying to put each of his two legs in both party,waiting and watching to see which party would implode,and which one would survive,so that at the end of the day,he would switch complete allegiance to the surviving party. Somebody need to tell him there is no sitting on the fence. He is either here or there! angry
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 26, 2013
jmaine:

You did be also naive to feel they will throw all their resources and political fortune to help the APC. cheesy

The APC is just a tool they seek to use to make their threat carry needed negotiable weight.

Like you said, it's all high wired politics till 2015 . . .grin; grin

The game is still PDP . . . . . cool

The main aim now is to stop GEJ by all means in 2015...even if they have to temporarily suspend individual ambition of 2015.

This is politics bro.....GEJ can no longer guarantee their political survival...they will carry all their political resources and fortunes into APC...even if it means ending up in the Senate 2015.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by jmaine: 3:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

The main aim now is to stop GEJ by all means in 2015...even if they have to temporarily suspend individual ambition of 2015.

This is politics bro.....GEJ can no longer guarantee their political survival...they will carry all their political resources and fortunes into APC...even if it means ending up in the Senate 2015.

In one sentence,"Time Shall Tell". . . .

4 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 3:19pm On Nov 26, 2013
jmaine:

Anything to take Nigeria away from this present cluelessness to a positive direction ..am in it.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 3:20pm On Nov 26, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin Interesting!
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by jmaine: 3:25pm On Nov 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

Anything to take Nigeria away from this present cluelessness to a positive direction ..am in it.

You mean using those who contributed to the present cluelessness to achieve their lofty mirage.

Am amused the APC is strolling gently into the labyrinth of 2015 failure.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2013
jmaine:

You mean from those who contributed to the present cluelessness.

Am amused the APC is strolling gently into the labyrinth of 2015 failure.

Let me indulge you with a quote earlier from you..

jmaine:

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by jmaine: 3:29pm On Nov 26, 2013
ilugunboy:

Let me indulge you with a quote earlier from you..

I like that . . .So let the plot continue . . . .
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by kokoA(m): 3:30pm On Nov 26, 2013
These governors must have figured out that weather they remain in PDP or not, Ebele will still hunt them with all he's got. The have made a wise decision. Its better you attempt to kick him out in 2k15 than to remain in PDP awaiting the heavy weight of presidential power landing on your head.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by strangest(m): 4:05pm On Nov 26, 2013
berem: No he is not! Its not his fault that he joined the progressives. While Peter Obi and others have decided to make their people gullible,Rochas has decided to choose the path of progress and transformation.
transformation ke? Rochas has borrowed more than he can chew... PETER OBI, Anambra will always remember him for good governance

3 Likes

Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by wirinet(m): 4:13pm On Nov 26, 2013
Good and bad news.

Good news in that we at last have 2 strong parties with roughly equal strength and resources, so the idea of PDP ruling for the next 50 years has perished. We are now entering real democracy where each party can act as a true check on the other. And the two strong parties will be more nationalistic in outlook than the previous igbo, yoruba and hausa parties.

Bad news is that from today governance has officially come to a halt until 2015. The ruling PDP would get desperate and employ all its energy and resources to fight the renegade governors. GEJ would quickly try and "empower" others to quickly fill the vacuum created by the leaving governors. Empowerment in the nigerian context means appointing them into positions where they can loot enough for the battle ahead. We complain about corruption, the real corruption is just about to commence. The renegade governors on their own part would be too busy fighting for survival to do any governance. GEJ would employ all means to remove them from office, because with the resources available to governors, it would be difficult for GEJ to win their states as he did in 2011.

The battle line is drawn.
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by LMAyedun(m): 4:49pm On Nov 26, 2013
kokoA: These governors must have figured out that weather they remain in PDP or not, Ebele will still hunt them with all he's got. The have made a wise decision. Its better you attempt to kick him out in 2k15 than to remain in PDP awaiting the heavy weight of presidential power landing on your head.
Gbam!!
Re: Breaking News: I Remain In PDP, Governor Aliyu Of Niger Says by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 26, 2013
The battle for 2015 has just been declared from today. Nigerians should not expect anything again till after 2015.

Lamido cannot join APC. The other governors can do what they like.

Amaechi welcome to jail and political wilderness.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Officers Grumble As Jonathan Reappoints DSS DG Another Four Years / S-h-o-c-k-i-n-g!!! 5 Strange Fact You Never New About Muhammad Buhari / What Is Wrong With Ohanaeze Ndi Igbo???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.