Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,453 members, 7,839,947 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - (29092 Views)

2014 Prophecy By W.f. Kumuyi Of Deeper Life / Deeper Christian Life Ministry Then, And Deeper Life Bible Church Now. / Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Ministry's Wife Dies At 57 After A Brief Illness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by TreasuredGlory: 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
At Deeper Life, all animals are equal. No matter how highly placed one is in the society, immediately you enter the church, you are equal to the least person in the church. No, preferential treatment. Go to their retreat, C.E. Os, MD of Blue-Chip companies share the same seats, hostels, bathrooms, toilets, foods etc with the least in the church. Go to their kitchens, you will be surprised to see these CEOs, MDs and so on cooking and sweating vigoriously in the kitchen. In this church, your service to God can never be monetised. God bless them and reward them with Heaven. AMEN.

17 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by egift(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Respect is earned - Pastor W.F. Kumuyi have my full respect. May God help you run this race to the end successfully.

8 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Richiy(f): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
Some people no longer have respect for God, if you don't know wat to say, please dont say anything.
Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
I thank God for Pastor Kumuyi. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Mannastoress: 3:39pm On Nov 28, 2013
The only man of God that preach about salvation and holiness, the rest na prosperity dem dey preach daily

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by wellmax(m): 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
God bless this man of God. An Apostle indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by sureteeboy(m): 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
That man is a rare blessing. Can't just forget when the man explored everything about divorce. It makes you wonder if that place he reads is actually in the bible and you havn't been seeing it.

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by obyrich(m): 3:47pm On Nov 28, 2013
One thing I like about this is his sincerity. If it were these new generation fraudsters, they would claim the holy spirit revealed the name of the church to them even when the name is ' Operation fire for fire'.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by vislabraye(m): 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
Very sober and conservative. He is a gentle, yet effective preacher.
One thing I realised is that he didn't really ( I may be wrong ) mentor pastors to be like him. Unlike Redeem, many pastors are bred and tutored into great ministers. We see the likes of pastor Eskor Mfon, Tony Rapu, Kalajaiye and the likes.
But I can say that pst. Kumuyi is one of the greatest preachers and miracle workers of our time.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Nobody: 3:48pm On Nov 28, 2013
The man sounds simple but all adult deeper lifers I knew while growing up were wicked and unnecessarily strict.
They shd learn from him
Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by cyril10(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
A very true man of God, everything about him is God first, he fears and obey God first before any other person. God bless you sir.

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by vislabraye(m): 3:49pm On Nov 28, 2013
sureteeboy: That man is a rare blessing. Can't just forget when the man explored everything about divorce. It makes you wonder if that place he reads is actually in the bible and you havn't been seeing it.

Lol.
Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Danhumprey: 3:52pm On Nov 28, 2013
Bossforeva: And where is this Scripture found in the bible?
Maybe in the Koran. grin
Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by AnE1(f): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2013
This is totally uncalled 4 honestly
Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Nobody: 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Sunbellar: Why The Church Is Called Deeper Life PLUS The Real Meaning Of My Name & Why I Changed It – Pastor W.F
Kumuyi

The founder and the General Overseer of Deeper Life Bible Church, Dr W.F Kumuyi in an interview with Elife talks about his
Christian Faith, why his church was named Deeper Life and the real meaning of his name.
Pastor Kumuyi narrated why he changed his original name Ikumuyiwa meaning “death brought this” to Kumuyi.

Excerpts:

African names have meanings. What does Kumuyi mean?

The full name is Ikumuyiwa, which means ‘death brought this”. After I became a Christian, I realised it was the death of Christ that
has brought us salvation, and also the redemption and reconciliation we have with God. So, for me, the name, Ikumuyiwa, is very
significant – death has brought something good. The death of Christ has brought us the grace and goodness of God, and the
relationship we have now with the Lord.

How many siblings do you have?

I have two siblings – a sister who is three years younger than I am, and a brother who is far much younge, 18 or 19 years younger
than I am. Both of them are in Nigeria . My sister lives in Ondo State . A born-again Christian, she attends Deeper Life. My brother
lives in Osun State, and he is also in the Church. Both of them are following the Lord.

You left the Anglican Church for the Apostolic Church. What made you switch?

I was teaching in Mayflower School, my alma mater. I completed my secondary school education in 1961, and started teaching
mathematics at Mayflower in 1962. It was there that I was introduced to the Apostolic Faith, not Apostolic Church, and really heard
about the change that Christ could make to our lives when we turned from our sins and believed in him and how he died for us on
the cross of Calvary. It was there that I had the salvation experience and things really turned up for me.

You became a born-again Christian at the age of 23, on 5th April 1964. Do you still remember what happened?

Yes, a preacher was preaching a simple message, and because I had become almost like a moralist in the sense that I protected my
name and personality, when that preacher preached, I saw that it was not just our actions that made us unacceptable to God, even
our wrong thoughts and wrong plans or planning our lives as if God didn’t exist, also made us unacceptable. I then realised that I
needed God. And when the preacher made an altar call, he pointedly said if “anybody needed Christ to fill the void in their lives, such
people should come forward”, I felt drawn to what he was saying. I went forward, knelt down and prayed.
In fact, it was such an important day for me that I still remember it to this day, even where I knelt, how it all happened, and the
peace and joy that came to my heart, that now I was reconciled with God through Jesus Christ. It was very definite.

Was it in Lagos ?

No, it was in Ijebu-Ode in Ogun State , about one-and-a half hours drive from Lagos.

Why did you call it Deeper Life?

Actually it came from the people. When they received the articles, they came to the Bible studies and said: “We’ve been Christians
before, but this one is deeper than what we used to know.” So they used the name Deeper Life. We also knew that we were leading
them to deeper relations with God; that is how those articles became Deeper Christian Life Articles. Then as we continued with the
Bible studies, the group became known as the Deeper Christian Life Ministry. And when it became a Church in 1983, we called it the
Deeper Life Bible Church.

Are you saying the name, Deeper Life, didn’t come from you?

Well, yes and no. We called the articles we sent out “Deeper Life Articles”. The people themselves were saying those articles were
deepening their Christian lives. So the name came from both sides.

Culled from amenbovillage

Mr Ikumuyi,

I understand you command the respect of ignorant Christians by saying the death of Jesus brought you salvation. I am very sure you weren't a witness to the story that was written approximately 400 years after the alleged Jesus was executed for his crime. How dare you bear false witness and claimed it actually happened?

You look like a nice guy to me but i am afraid,you are deluded. You have successfully misled a lot of black people further into mental slavery, a lot of people have been useless to the society as a result of your constant brainwash week in week out.

I hope karma catches up with you very soon.

EX bleeping MEMBER
Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Kei144(m): 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
frosbel: People follow your only leader who is Jesus.

Holiness is not in outward dressing or conformance , it is about inner purity from a heart of love.

Don't mind what you hear people say about Deeper Life. The truth is that if you cannot humble yourself outwardly, I strongly doubt if you can inwardly. The most humble and reliable (in character) Christians are found in Deeper Life Bible Church. I am not a member now; but that was where I began my life as a born-again Christian.

5 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Swiftboy(m): 4:02pm On Nov 28, 2013
Tot me Holiness and that healing the sick is simple as ABC! Kudos baba!

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Orikinla(m): 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
I spent my long school holidays in one of the Deeper Life classes in 1978 and later joined the church in 1988 and got baptized on December 1, 1990. And then ministered on buses, streets and house to house in Lagos for 11 years. And I thank God for knowing a true man of God like Pastor and Prophet William Folorunso Kumuyi.

4 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by GoodcasHMan: 4:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
A God Gift for our generation, how I wish Nigerians can harken to the deepened teaching. You are bless Papa

2 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Samcathe: 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Most strength IJN
Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Ify72(f): 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
GOD BLESS PASTOR WILLIAMS FOLORUNSHO KUMUYI (AMEN!)

3 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by ugotuf(m): 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
I love this man of GOD very much.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by cupidon(m): 4:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
God bless u sir......more greese to your elbow, i'l forever respect u. Long Live the body of Christ!

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
ifeness:

Mr Ikumuyi,

I understand you command the respect of ignorant Christians by saying the death of Jesus brought you salvation. I am very sure you weren't a witness to the story that was written approximately 400 years after the alleged Jesus was executed for his crime. How dare you bear false witness and claimed it actually happened?

You look like a nice guy to me but i am afraid,you are deluded. You have successfully misled a lot of black people further into mental slavery, a lot of people have been useless to the society as a result of your constant brainwash week in week out.

EX bleeping MEMBER

soon,
ifeness:

Mr Ikumuyi,

EX bleeping MEMBER

soon, i mean this season, God's mercy will locate you and save your soul, you will perish in Jesus name. if yo like reurn to call e names,i dont answer for stupid names, the blood of Jesus nail them on th cross, as a child of Hisi benefit. come to Jesus, He is not willing you perish. today is your day.

4 Likes

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by cupidon(m): 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
Kei144:

Don't mind what you hear people say about Deeper Life. The truth is that if you cannot humble yourself outwardly, I strongly doubt if you can inwardly. The most humble and reliable (in character) Christians are found in Deeper Life Bible Church. I am not a member now; but that was where I began my life as a born-again Christian.
yes oo

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by kevinkod(m): 4:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
ngozievergreen: The man sounds simple but all adult deeper lifers I knew while growing up were wicked and unnecessarily strict.
They shd learn from him

Maybe u mean d few u met, but not all of them. All I can say is dat they are very disciplinarians who believe in obeying rules and regulations no matter hw hard and difficult they ar which make many like u to term them wicked.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by DRPYGRU: 4:15pm On Nov 28, 2013
There are very few REAL churches left in Nigeria today and Deeper life is amongst the rare remnant.

Go to Deeperlife, they will ground you in the word and they mean business.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by flexymole: 4:20pm On Nov 28, 2013
I was born and brought up in this ministery, and this i have learnt still keeps me were i am today, u have been an example to the world.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by Emat: 4:21pm On Nov 28, 2013
thank God am a lifer,i pray dat God shd cont 2 bless ur ministry.

1 Like

Re: Kumuyi - Why The Church Is Called Deeper Christian Life Ministry - by naijaaone(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
yorke1: Do they still stick to their doctrine of not watching television in this 21th century
did u just ask dis question in d 21 first century? Don't u think heaven is worth sacrificing tv for.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Mrs Kumuyi's Last Moments -- By Aides / Share Your Evidence Based Juju Experiences Here / Is It Good For A Muslim Lady To Marry A Christian

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.