Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,311 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems (17424 Views)

Why GMB May Not Get To Aso Rock Despite The Ongoing Overwhelming Victory / Presidency Directs Retention Of PHCN Workers By New Owners For 6 Months / Power: Jonathan Presents Licences, Shares Certificates To 14 New Owners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 28, 2013
What do we expect from punch newspaper, Tinubu's useless newshouse.

Gbawe when will you start using your Eko-Ile account again, or are u now ashamed of the agbameta account?

1 Like

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by TechWalker007: 11:23am On Nov 28, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOUR REFRENCE IS NOT REALLY AN ISSUE.
IT IS MORE OF EMOTIONAL WEAKNESS.
IT IS A WEAKNESS OF NOT BEING ABLE TO DISCUSS ISSUE AND RESULT TO THROWING TANTRUM.
WHETHER YOU CONCLUDE THAT I AM IN SUPPORT OR AGAINST DOES NOT MATTER AS WELL.
WHAT MATTERS IS, WE NIGERIANS SHOULD NOT EXPECT MIRACLE IN POWER SECTOR.
IT REQUIRES HAD WORK FROM GOVERNMENT.
YES I SAID GOVERNMENT.
Bros what are you saying?
I attacked those who are openly hoping power sector reform fail. And you assumed I was talking to you in your response to my post.
Now you are telling me we should not expect miracle. Shouldn't you direct that to those who said it has failed already? The same people I referred to in my first post?
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by patriotic007: 11:24am On Nov 28, 2013
Many of the people that rush here to criticise know deep inside them that privatisation is the only solution to our power problem but because the idea was carried out by their arch emeny they criticise it,.....we should stop this mentality of if am not playing then the team must lose,...we should learn to say the truth,....there are other areas where we can play politics not power,because this demon called power failure has slowed us down for many years

5 Likes

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by TechWalker007: 11:35am On Nov 28, 2013
patriotic007: Many of the people that rush here to criticise know deep inside them that privatisation is the only solution to our power problem but because the idea was carried out by their arch emeny they criticise it,.....we should stop this mentality of if am not playing then the team must lose,...we should learn to say the truth,....there are other areas where we can play politics not power,because this demon called power failure has slowed us down for many years

This is the sole reason I became anti-APC and almost became anti-west.
Because they don't like GEJ they wished, hope and take actions for Nigeria not to prosper. How much can one be wicked and self-centered?
We saw it in BH, Fuel subsidy, Aviation reforms, Power, Road, even as far as hating Super Eagles and wishing they fail in AFCON.
It's really terrible.
If not for my Yorobah colleagues and neighbors that are exceptional people, one can easily generalize that Yorobahs are all like some APC touts in NL.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Olaolufred(m): 11:38am On Nov 28, 2013
TechWalker007:
Bros what are you saying?
I attacked those who are openly hoping power sector reform fail. And you assumed I was talking to you in your response to my post.
Now you are telling me we should not expect miracle. Shouldn't you direct that to those who said it has failed already? The same people I referred to in my first post?

YOU DO NOT NEED TANTRUMS.
EXPRESS YOUR VIEW AND LEAVE OTHERS TO THEIRS.
YOU CAN ONLY DISCUSS, YOU CAN'T ENFORCE YOUR OPINION ON OTHERS.
THANKS FOR YOUR COMPANY.
IT IS A CHOICE WHETHER TO CONTINUE THROWING IT OR NOT.
I CAN NOT FORCE YOU.
AU' REVOIRE.
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Bash92(m): 11:39am On Nov 28, 2013
TechWalker007:

Because they don't like GEJ they wished, hope and take actions for Nigeria not to prosper. How much can one be wicked and self-centered?
We saw it in BH, Fuel subsidy, Aviation reforms, Power, Road, even as far as hating Super Eagles and wishing they fail in AFCON.
It's really terrible.
If not for my Igbo colleagues and neighbors that are exceptional people, one can easily generalize that Igbo are all like some APGA touts in NL.
Y u dey change my words now when that stupid guy call us Yorobah why didnt you change it to Yoruba and now i wrote Yibohh u dey change am to igbo, he is a f**k yibohh not igbo

1 Like

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by andyanders: 11:40am On Nov 28, 2013
patriotic007: Many of the people that rush here to criticise know deep inside them that privatisation is the only solution to our power problem but because the idea was carried out by their arch emeny they criticise it,.....we should stop this mentality of if am not playing then the team must lose,...we should learn to say the truth,....there are other areas where we can play politics not power,because this demon called power failure has slowed us down for many years

You should not be saying this here. Who is criticizing them? Before you go into any business, you must have done your thorough job by doing your feasibility study of the project or business you are going into.Will you tell me that they are not Nigerians to have known the state of the electricity problem this country have been in with PHCN?

If they should come now and start crying, that translates that they only came to steal from the public. Let it get to their heads that Nigerians are getting wiser everyday because with time, the likes of OBJ and their generation who knew the problem, stole $16 billion dollars meant for PHCN, passes beyond.

The new management ONLY came to milk the public. People can only pay them when they provide the electricity to us. They should make sure that all the useless pools and nothing to do with transformers should be changed before they start dreaming of making money from the public.

2 Likes

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Thomsbuky(m): 11:43am On Nov 28, 2013
taharqa: @Gbawe, SHUT UP!!! Just SHUT UP, abeg. Biko..

Why asking the guy to shut up? when you got nothing to contribute to this topic. His analysis is 100% correct. Its people like you who should kept their mouth shut as you got nothing to offer here other than insulting good write-up... @Gbawe, please keep up the good work never know kind of people that read and monitor this site.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Carsonv(m): 11:51am On Nov 28, 2013
Gbawe just stole the words from me. Touche!

Even the most insanely stupid man in nigerian can quantify the problem in the Electricity industry and some 'investors' who have supposedly done their feasibilty survey think they can just start milking.

Where are the prepaid meters? Where are the transformers? Where are the expansion of the distribution network? Where is the increased power generation? Where is the rural electrification? Where the heck is the investment? ....and already you wanna start the rip-off!

Knew it'd come to this. I just wish(basically that's all there is to it) that NERC will do their job of regulation well. Because the people that bought NEPA are only economic vultures.

My opinion has always been that the company should have been sold to the public and not to the same gang of rogues that have constantly defiled Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by TechWalker007: 11:52am On Nov 28, 2013
Bash92:
Y u dey change my words now when that stupid guy call us Yorobah why didnt you change it to Yoruba and now i wrote Yibohh u dey change am to igbo, he is a f**k yibohh not igbo

Clown grin grin
Why did you edit my post? grin
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by jjk24(m): 11:53am On Nov 28, 2013
Every one here is just assuming and stating there points nfn is a fact yet!! U can hate GEJ and u can hate d FG buh dah doesn't mean they can't make 1 right decision !! I truly bliv the privatization of the phcn is a good decision it might nt be great and might nt solve the problem entirely(there is still gonna be a monopoly this guys culd turn in2 a$$ holes in years !! No competition yet!) Buh things r bound to improve or we can only hope and pray it does improve!! Arguing here wnt solve enifin !! I think 1 of d problems of nigeria is we. Do nt add a spiritual side 2 awa doins since we aint d ones in the government and not in eni position to do enifin as regard 2 dis topic all we can do is pray and be optimistic about this !!.. argument aint gnna change enifin!! #peace
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by chucky234(m): 11:57am On Nov 28, 2013
taharqa: @Gbawe, SHUT UP!!! Just SHUT UP, abeg. Biko..
And where is this hopeless clueless deluded discombobulated preposterous chronic goon coming from, truth they say is bitter.
Deal with it and shut the fvck up, what a m0ronic darkwin duck.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by TechWalker007: 11:59am On Nov 28, 2013
Olaolufred:

YOU DO NOT NEED TANTRUMS.
EXPRESS YOUR VIEW AND LEAVE OTHERS TO THEIRS.
YOU CAN ONLY DISCUSS, YOU CAN'T ENFORCE YOUR OPINION ON OTHERS.
THANKS FOR YOUR COMPANY.
IT IS A CHOICE WHETHER TO CONTINUE THROWING IT OR NOT.
I CAN NOT FORCE YOU.
AU' REVOIRE.

Bros I hate hypocrisy with passion, but I didn't really throw tantrum as you claim.
But why are you typing in caps, it's shouting you know.
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by chamboy(m): 12:00pm On Nov 28, 2013
Dis privatisation na rubbish joo dem just distribute nigeria wealth openly to demselves bunch of thieves
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by chamboy(m): 12:03pm On Nov 28, 2013
TechWalker007:

It's really terrible.
If not for my Yorobah colleagues and neighbors that are exceptional people, one can easily generalize that Yorobahs are all like some APC touts in NL.
Ode
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by decision01: 12:07pm On Nov 28, 2013
'when you threaten to disconnect the consumers,they tell you to hurry up with the disconnection process'. i so much love the spirit.....
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by chamboy(m): 12:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
[size=18pt]Have any one asked dis questions?? Who are the owners of the new private power companies.... they are the same thieves we talk about everyday soo what do u expect. [/size]
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Lisbon007: 12:12pm On Nov 28, 2013
Human govt is a failure and you'll think the problem is 'who is in the helm of affairs'... If an Angel comes down from heaven to rule in that system,the story remains the same... The system is the problem no matter who sits there as president,the story remains the same... Thats why i will never vote for anybody but the:...(Gods Kingdom Government) humans weren't meant to rule each other... Obama is still having badtimes...

Cheers...

Frm puchong,Malaysia
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by daylae(m): 12:14pm On Nov 28, 2013
lol. we having too much scoffers here already throwing grenades; but the truth be told, any form of premature condemnation is quite irrational. The new investors in the power sector have a drovy task of revamping the long-dead power sector, expecting a swift transformation is nothing but daydreaming.
investors in telecommunication came with GSM technology, mounting their own intallations that had nothing to do with NITEL's obsolete and dellapidated ones, but we can't say the same in this case. for now,they just have to make do with the old and tired equipments,changing them is a gradual process, unless we want a total shutdown of the sector.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by andyanders: 12:16pm On Nov 28, 2013
chamboy: [size=18pt]Have any one asked dis questions?? Who are the owners of the new private power companies.... they are the same thieves we talk about everyday soo what do u expect. [/size]

Thank you my brother. Same pen robbers in government
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Crownvilla(m): 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
funshint:
Na wa 4 dis Nigerian "Pipeline syndrome". Fuel no dey...na pipeline. Light no dey...na pipeline. Food no dey...na pipeline. It is well!

Lol
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by daylae(m): 12:26pm On Nov 28, 2013
funshint:
Na wa 4 dis Nigerian "Pipeline syndrome". Fuel no dey...na pipeline. Light no dey...na pipeline. Food no dey...na pipeline. It is well!
that's what you get when every goodies seems to be inside the pipeline.
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by gogodaye(m): 12:30pm On Nov 28, 2013
This tirade is a prelude to the emergence of the next phase of the privatization process in Nigeria to wit 'asset stripping of the acquired generating & distribution entities facilities. We saw this play itself out at NITEL, AJAOKUTA Steel Complex to name just a few amongst other moribound privatized govt owned outfits.
Within Kuje metropolis, Abuja on Tuesday 26/11/13, we had and celeberated approximately five (5) hours of power supply for the paltry fifth day out of the 28 days gone in Nov 2013
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by protonz(m): 12:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
......... check out this awesome opportunity for u to make at least $300 monthly.....follow diz link to see wat u hav to do. ............ .......... http:///1bEuSc6... http:///1bEuSc6 http:///1bEuSc6. http:///1bEuSc6 http:///1bEuSc6
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Casmore: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
arrant nonsence, they no do survey before they buy them, i no wan spend a nite without light ooo.
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by naptu2: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
1) The power companies will complain because they want as much concessions/sympathy from government as possible. The telecoms companies did the same (no power for their base stations, interconnectivity problems with nitel, lack of a national fibre optic backbone, inability to implement per second billing, etc).

2) These complaints are in line with the stages of liberalisation/privatisation in Nigeria (this is the investment/high bills/difficulty stage).

3) We need to ensure that, as the market matures, distribution companies are ≠ supply companies. This will help to foster competition.

4) We also need to allow greenfield gencos, discos and supply companies.

1 Like

Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by godman01(m): 12:37pm On Nov 28, 2013
ehis010: story story..... all i want 2 see is improved power as i pay my bills.
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by Swiftboy(m): 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
theoctopus:

Hope you know you have a serious problem. You are always making a fool of yourself at your old age. Nobody needs your tears. No one expected the companies to have it easy, even for the first 2 years. You are too quick to open your mouth and spill garbage. Just shut your trap!
The problem is the new owners are complaining about the company they got a fourth-night ago which amount to a lack of direction...what we're saying is,they ought to have found the solution even before taking over the company.No king go into a battle without strategy! We expect power,they're expecting their money back almost immediately where as its service before pay! Dont worry,people will soon remove their pole and wire for alternative power soon! I just feel at least you must make input before you talk or complain about money.Two weeks ago the company made it clear that we should not expect power supply till 2016 cos they'll need to get their capital back before they start proper generation.smh
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by patienz(f): 12:41pm On Nov 28, 2013
Gbawe: They are now complaining. Only in Nigeria. Did these shallow and opportunist profiteers, with nil power sector knowledge, not do their feasibility study to see what they are getting into? Wait, I forget it was AGIPs, oligarchs and callous profit-seekers who won ' transparent bids' for conceded power Stations and utilities.

I stand vindicated. Anyone can check the archives to see I talked of the danger of how "pseudo-privatisation" may be all GEJ will deliver given the ultra-corrupt and amoral "awon boyz" government he leads that is midwifing the "privatisation" of our power sector. Everyone heard "privatisation" and the premature jubilation began. We all forget that numerous evidence, far too many to count, show that the current PDP government , just like others before it, is the sort to cynically bastardize and ruin processes by putting personal aggrandizement above everything else . This is why every institution tha should be independent in Nigeria today remains heavily compromised and unable to delivey.

What, as I argued in the past, was wrong with giving, as first line solution in a true federalism, Nigerian States the freedom to device their own electrification solution As Fashola, Amaechi and other serious Governors demanded? Instead we had Abdusalami, a soldier turned Politician, and his rapacious layman sort 'winning' bids all over the place. Not good at all. It was always going to end in tears. Nigerians, enjoy your "privatisation". You deserve it for thinking thieves could care about you when their actions show they live to fleece you. I sincerely hope the "privatisation" of the power sector works for Nigeria but excuse me for being cynical.
God bless your brain.
Re: Electricity: New Owners Complain Of ‘overwhelming’ Problems by eluquenson(m): 12:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
They thought profit will just come easily, they didn't do their feasibility study well, I pity them o tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Power Supply To Worsen In The Coming Days / Gov. Sanwo Olu And Deputy Gov. Dr Hamzat Visited Badagry Expressway. Pictures. / Kofoworola Bucknor: Tinubu Dividing Afenifere Over Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.