Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,206 members, 7,815,201 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:57 AM

Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. (40943 Views)

Igbos In Spain Attend Their Village Meeting In Native Attires (Photo) / What Is The Pidgin Translation Of Your Native Name? / Igbo Attire And Its Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by music4me(m): 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Olasubomi......It Meanz....Wealth Sorround n And Almost Suffocates Me...
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Danhumprey: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
Adaobi12: Ok oh
So finally, your topic made Front page. How are you feeling? cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Daaluu.....
mysticgal:

odinma smiley
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by mysticgal(f): 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
Lanceslot: I thought ebubechukwu means marvelous God.

nah,its Gods glory
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by feruchii(m): 2:20pm On Nov 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

so the Idoma Creator deity is called "Owoicho" is it?

Interesting. .
dats correct

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mine is Ogene mkpi nabu.....dnt ask me d meaning...4rm ihenemetown

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Dannylux: 2:21pm On Nov 29, 2013
xynerise: Chinedu-God leads

So you be igbo? grin
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by PAGAN9JA(m): 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl: he's got a cloth wrapped around his waist, Olympic swimmers wear skimpier things and they aren't said to be n@ked. I mean grown men wearing spandex? Eew

half-naked. if that pleases you. grin

The Gods alone know what else the Roman soldiers did to the guy . . tongue
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by mysticgal(f): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
ifyDean: Daaluu.....

Gini buafa gi
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by cocoberry(f): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
I can't wait to start having Kids, will give dem some sweet, meaningful names.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Ay92(m): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
Odunharry: odunayo...Year of Joy
I'm Odunayo too.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by safarigirl(f): 2:26pm On Nov 29, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

half-naked. if that pleases you. grin

The Gods alone know what else the Roman soldiers did to the guy . . tongue
you're one funny fellow. Have your fun though
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by pet4luv2k10ioma(f): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'm an Igbo Girl my name is Chioma meaning; Good God
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
Oluwatosin meaning The Lord is worthy of praise.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ifeanyi....Ndewoo.
mysticgal:

Gini buafa gi
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
safarigirl: lol, I know the name is a bit much, but there's a story attached to it, thanks though. Everyone knows Uhuru means Freedom, so does that translate to MauMau Freedom?

Mau mau represents struggle. Uhuru means freedom. Add the two and you would get the struggle for freedom from mental slavery and perpertual servitude.

Or do you want me to break it further down by using the supreme mathematics of Clarence 13x?

I should have added allah to it. But "allah" isn't a native name, allah represents the black man and the black man is god.

That's today's mathematics. If you're a hiphop head, you should be able to discern everything I wrote up there lool.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by arabaribiti(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
am yoruba mine is arabatimigbokijikiji pls someone shd me translate for them
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Larrey(f): 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
mine is omolara: children are family
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Dannylux: 2:31pm On Nov 29, 2013
-
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by ngooka: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
My is NGOZI meaning BLESSING
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 2:35pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ok
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by zicky(m): 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Chidozie - God keep him
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 29, 2013
Nnenna- meaning (am my father‘s mother)
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by jnrbayano(m): 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Mine "Ekene ie Ekenedilichukwu" meaning "Thanks Be To God"
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by oyomii(f): 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Am itsekiri by tribe. Name's oritsejemineoyo. Means God let me have my own joy.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by xynerise: 2:42pm On Nov 29, 2013
Dannylux:

So you be igbo? grin
Before nko tongue

Where u think say I from?
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by wildchild1: 2:43pm On Nov 29, 2013
shymexx:

Mau mau represents struggle. Uhuru means freedom. Add the two and you would get the struggle for freedom from mental slavery and perpertual servitude.

Or do you want me to break it further down by using the supreme mathematics of Clarence 13x?

I should have added allah to it. But "allah" isn't a native name, allah represents the black man and the black man is god.

That's today's mathematics. If you're a hiphop head, you should be able to discern everything I wrote up there lool.
Yeah...got it grin btw i think there is something common between you and Lupe Fiasco.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Nov 29, 2013
Idiaaatu. - bumbum will be cold
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by GSKing: 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by etenyong(m): 2:45pm On Nov 29, 2013
ibibio
Ubongabasi = God's glory.
Re: Whats Your Native Name And Its Meaning. by Ichliebedich(f): 2:51pm On Nov 29, 2013
Ikhinose meaning I come at the right time

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names / How Ooni Ogunwusi Met Wuraola, His Mother's Namesake / Children Of Alaafin Of Oyo, Lamidi Olayiwola Adeyemi (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.