Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,324 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? (6829 Views)

Help! Car A/c Only Chills Mornings & Evenings / Peugeot 307 Problems! Help! Car Does Not Start When Hot! / Please Help! Car Doesn't Accelerate As It Should (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? by Anomnity: 10:56am On Dec 02, 2013
sultaan: I think buying American brand will greatly reduce your chance of being vandalized grin grin

Otherwise it's open season which means available for vandalism
American brand is about the same to the best of my knowledge except I'm missing something here.
Re: Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? by Anomnity: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2013
obitee69: Bros @ ladipo...I saw shops filled wif brainboxes of toyotas...tell me how dey got dere? Cos toyota brainboxes hardly spoils....dat small fin cost 40k bro....I had toeven beg for dem to accept dat price..as I came into d shop I asked for only brainbox but d shop attendant was askin about if I wanted to by it wif controls and side glass...
Ridiculous!! If these chaps are offering the brain box,controls & side glass together,then it sends a clear message of collaboration with the vandals or probably they're the very culprits themselves.If its in developed countried they'll be arrested & investigated.

I got a tip from my rewire technician that another way to beat these criminals is to engrave your vehicle number on those items they normally loot viz the brainbox,side controls etc.This is because they know nobody buys those items once there's number embossed on it.What do you think?
Re: Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? by Anomnity: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2013
baconline:
Google 2 way remote or 2 way pager system
Done but couldn't see any clear description of how it works or how it beats other security options.It only shows the prices & customer reviews rating it as good.Seeing its a serious predicament, you could help the house with more practical review based on your experience.Thanks
Re: Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? by Anomnity: 11:39am On Dec 02, 2013
diportivo: i am not a guru...thence i dont know what a two-way remote is..kindly pardon my naivity.but i had an aftermarket keyless entry remote installed on my nissan altima when i still had it,and if anyone should dare open the door without first unlocking with its remote,the horn will set off,and keep going...not intermittently mind you...if the burglar likes,he should bring a truckload of magnet;the whole neighborhood will wake up as soon as he pulls the handle.i myt be wrong,but if the factory alarm isnt chasing burglars,you 'could' try an aftermarket......just my thought
Sir please could you help us better cos we are not all car tech gurus.We are just learning & google is not helping us much.What exactly is aftermarket remote & how does it work.How does it differ with normal remote car alarm.
Re: Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? by Anomnity: 7:32pm On Dec 17, 2013
God alone is my witness.The two Side mirrors & roof rack of a vehicle I kept for sale got stolen last night despite the fact that the vehicle gat security alarm.Nobody wants to tell us on this forum why these criminals bypass security alarm & vandalize cars.I thought alarm is supposed to be the end of this problem.Why!! just Why!!
Re: Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Dec 17, 2013
Anomnity: God alone is my witness.The two Side mirrors & roof rack of a vehicle I kept for sale got stolen last night despite the fact that the vehicle gat security alarm.Nobody wants to tell us on this forum why these criminals bypass security alarm & vandalize cars.I thought alarm is supposed to be the end of this problem.Why!! just Why!!

If such information which entails how to bypass/defeat a vehicle security is given on a forum such as Nairaland, who knows one aspiring car vandal or thief in the making will get such information and rob/vandaize peoples car.
I will personally see to it that any such info is hidden and the giver of such info banned.

Re: Please Help!! Car Theft: Do Magnets Deactivate Car Security Alarm? by Anomnity: 8:58am On Dec 18, 2013
lomomike:

If such information which entails how to bypass/defeat a vehicle security is given on a forum such as Nairaland, who knows one aspiring car vandal or thief in the making will get such information and rob/vandaize peoples car.
I will personally see to it that any such info is hidden and the giver of such info banned.

Okay Please don't give the info of how to bypass.Rather give a practical & permanent way to defeat their wicked invention.I've mentioned this earlier when someone accused me.You men should help people escape these needless losses.I know what I went through yesterday when I got the bad news especially after spending time & money to fit in 2 security devices in the vehicle.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Difference Between Camry 03,04, And 05 / The Effects Of Naira Devaluation On Car Prices / 7 Tips To Help You Prevent A Car Theft

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.