Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,076 members, 7,814,729 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:23 PM

NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira (5986 Views)

Lagos State's Wage Bill Is 6.5 Billion. Delta State's Wage Bill Is 7.4 Billion. / Jonathan Beats Buhari In Rivers With Over 1.4 Million Votes- PUNCH / Nnpc Paid A Whopping $1m To The Organizers Of The “townhall Meeting/debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Epiphany(m): 12:58pm On Jul 24, 2008
u-best:

You see these fools call govt sponsor this millitancy,the GMD have and Ya'dua have begin another source of problem, them should ready to restand it, based on MEND statement in 30 days time. secondly l see millitancy is the most lucrative profession now, plz I want to go back to school and I want to read millitancy, plz you can inform me which universities is offerin that course

Correct man! Your hands will never grow short.

This guy is right. Now that yar'adua and his idiot colleague (GMD) have paid (or claim to have paid) these groups, they have started another problem. Once you begin to answer terrorists, wahala don start because they will continue to milk you for all you are worth. That is why Americans (even at the expense of their president's safety) will NEVER NEGOTIATE WITH TERRORISTS. once you give in, you will continue to give in.

Again, what were the stupid house of reps doing when they were told that 1.4billion was given to some nonentities? Did they clap and say, 'well done' or did they wonder what nigeria is getting into? THEY SHOULD HAVE THROWN YAR'ADUA AND HIS IDIOTS OUT OF THE CHAMBER FOR GROSS NEGLIGENCE OF DUTY AND FOR MAKING STUPID DECISIONS.

My fellow nairalanders, i am sorry for my outburst but to be honest, these kind of headlines annoy and upset me. Some guys are struggling to eke a living in various parts of the country and the stupid govt officials are giving out money that is not theirs.

I am in no way blaming the militants o, in fact truth be said, I AM ALL FOR THEM. i have often said that if i have the means, i will buy more guns and greenade launchers for them. I will even tell them where to go and blow up, because i believe that they are fighting for something that they believe in. My arguement is with the government. WHY DID YOU GIVE THEM THAT MONEY INSTEAD OF DOING WHAT THEY HAVE ASKED FOR?
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by tonte(m): 1:19pm On Jul 24, 2008
well somebody has 2 start askin questions here',,imagine mii readin ma ass off last semester and still got stained with an "F'' and some of ma paternal et maternal brothers and he sisters are just chillin with some of the most sophisiticated weapons in d world gettin settled,,, am sure i have missed ma calling in life, that calling am sure was to b a militant!!!!! God help mii
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by 74071688(m): 1:22pm On Jul 24, 2008
tonte:

well somebody has 2 start askin questions here',,imagine mii readin ma ass off last semester and still got stained with an "F'' and some of ma paternal et maternal brothers and he sisters are just chillin with some of the most sophisiticated weapons in d world gettin settled,,, am sure i have missed ma calling in life, that calling am sure was to b a militant!!!!! God help mii

buhahahaha

some of the militants died without recieving ten kobo, some are alive and still prolly didnt recieve 100bucks

imagine if u had the above options, would u not have loved to keep soldiering on with your books?! grin
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Gbosko: 1:28pm On Jul 24, 2008
N1.4B paid to militants? Meen!! Is there really hope for this country??!! There virtually no reward for hardwork, diligence, and honesty. All the reward seems to go to Crooks, theives, politicians, and militants. Goodness Lord! Have mercy on Nigeria! embarassed
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by ukukaegbu(m): 1:36pm On Jul 24, 2008
Abeg, keep me posted whenever MEND PLC gets listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange, even if it's private placement, let me know. The company will be profitable. But participating in the running of the business? no way.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by smooooooth: 1:45pm On Jul 24, 2008
NNPC probe wan start, them don indirectly dey tell us where the money dey. god dey o.

and which govt succumbs to black mail, this is total bullshit! means we aint safe in naija o.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by smooooooth: 2:02pm On Jul 24, 2008
tonte:

most of those militants aint illiterates o. most are graduates, blive me, thats why its difficult to curb their menace. its much more difficult to stop an intelligent criminal to one who is not. thats what our country will have to deal with in the future, considering the number of graduates roaming about without jobs, so i suggest govt shld start keeping some reserves in an account to settle all the militant groups that will spring up in future 2020.

so bobo keep going to sch, so u dnt miss out on the future settlement o.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by mmonwuba(m): 2:17pm On Jul 24, 2008
ladies and gentlemen of nairaland, i have always said this time over again, never discuss Nigeria politics in the night, when u are about to sleep or ull have night mare, in the morning or ull have a bad day. The issue is that none of these guys up there care if u are a fool or not, in fact they know w are all fools. If they really pay militants 1.4 billion they would move to the carebian and have a lovely time with all the ladies there comon. The militant that recived the money is yar'adua and his people, where is the militant that collected the money, politics government and all liars and DIRTY THIEVES. If u give militants 1.4bn, they will stop militating, the would love to go and grove the money, is it fun to be a militant? To hell with these people
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by tkb417(m): 2:31pm On Jul 24, 2008
My guy
dont be decieved. These militants are very rich. they dont even collect N50million again. Can you remember when Tom Ateke was being paid monthly in PH to keep his men in check. he was paid millions monthly.

can you remember how Henry Orkar was caught? he was in Angola negotiating with the rebels on the high sea. If the deal had sailed thru, he would have entered this country with 'baaaad' riffles. all these dont go for peanuts. these criminals are multi millionaires. 1.4 billion is the kind of money they can demand for.

Tho, im not saying thats what happened in this case, but its definitely a possibility
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by otokx(m): 2:45pm On Jul 24, 2008
The militants were paid something YES but it was not N1.4billion; Oga director should declare his own share in the money.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Ibime(m): 2:48pm On Jul 24, 2008
This is an NNPC racket. Yes, they may have paid some 'protection fee' to some agboro boys to protect them, but nothing more than N100m. They chopped the remaining N1.3bn.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by nedra: 2:58pm On Jul 24, 2008
d end isnt far for nigeria
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by obyann(f): 3:29pm On Jul 24, 2008
wonders shall never end. Which way Nigeria!! shocked
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by alex406(m): 3:34pm On Jul 24, 2008
Can this be true? If yes men i need to stop attending lectures and seek for application to be a militant or terrorist in Nigeria,they are really making money.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by tkb417(m): 3:39pm On Jul 24, 2008
oya wey the reciept. make we see how much den pay truly?
orisirisi. monkey dey work, baboon dey chop.

so na wetin den dey take our money/tax do be this? buy guns and bombs for militants make den come chop the remainder? just recently, they said they are gonna remove the subsidy on petrol and other allied products!!!
so, na the plan be this? to come remove subsidy come dey share am with militants.

make all of us kukuma go buy gun dey kidnap for our streets
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Ibime(m): 3:41pm On Jul 24, 2008
Thank God MEND is exposing the corrupt underbelly of Nigeria's strategy in Niger-Delta cheesy
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by henry4uall(m): 3:42pm On Jul 24, 2008
I fear for this country. Is it not high time this govt stop for once and reflect if he has achieved any thing from the series and unending probes.  Now one of the the govt  hench men has goofed again, and for that another pipeline attack is imminent. I read from the news again that the power probe committee are also under probe. probe after probe. This govt at the end of its tenure might not have anything to show nigerians aside this fruitless and unending probes.

I dont expect anything from this govt, i think it might the worse govt ever in this country.

God save Nigerians
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by rasputinn(m): 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
Wonder,wonder,wonder,wonder,wonder
wonder,wonder,wonder,wonder
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by debosky(m): 3:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
1.4 billion? I am not surprised

Let MEND deny all they want, I am very sure they collected part of the money, maybe that was even why they called a ceasefire, but now that they've spent their share, they are ratcheting up the pressure again so they can get another pay out.

NNPC probably paid a number of different groups and communities the money in order to facilitate repair of the pipeline. They are all partners in crime.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by rasputinn(m): 3:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
MEND is claiming the actual amount paid was actually double the 1.4 billion naira
Hmmmmmmmm,what more won't we hear about the cluelessness of this administration
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by lexicon(m): 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2008
If what i just read is all true, that means militancy is now another way of making kool money in Nigeria now, i should start reharzing on how to drive a canoe for the terorism lol, shame on Nigerian security system, na small small boyz come dey shake a whole country like dis, na wah ooooo sad sad sad
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by xpensiv: 4:09pm On Jul 24, 2008
Hey can anyone link me up wit a militant, it seems thts the happenin tin nw,  at least they say if u can't beat them you join them!! grin grin
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 24, 2008
Story story!!!

Once upon a time (2001 to be precise), there was a minor crisis in the onshore terminal of one of the major oil producers in naija. Unarmed women invaded the tank farm and held operations to a standstill. After resolving part of the issues, Oil company asked some top employees (mostly nationals) to go over to the village and have a "dialogue" with the villagers. Of course they actually went to go and give them some money to pacify them. The villagers refused to look at the money, they did not even want the money, they seriously wanted to dialogue and they refused to do that unless the MD was present. The delegate came back but, guess what, the money they brought back was short by a couple of millions. Obviously some big shots took their share out of the money and left for Lagos even before the "dialogue". If they had succeeded in bribing the villagers, they would have said they spent 1.4 billion naira too.

End of story

These government officials are trying to device a new way of siphoning money and they are testing the waters with this incident. Nigerians must not allow it.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by ayomifull(f): 4:33pm On Jul 24, 2008
obyann:

Which way Nigeria!! shocked

cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by landis(m): 4:37pm On Jul 24, 2008
xpensiv:

Hey can anyone link me up wit a militant, it seems thts the happenin tin nw,  at least they say if u can't beat them you join them!! grin grin

actually, civilization has not changed. It is still survival of the fittest.

easy, get AK47 put some rasmataz boys togther, blow-up pipeline in Lagos/ibadan/ogun and claim you fighting for your people.

Godfather will come to you since they came make money on you. and you are made.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Ibime(m): 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
debosky:

Let MEND deny all they want, I am very sure they collected part of the money, maybe that was even why they called a ceasefire, but now that they've spent their share, they are ratcheting up the pressure again so they can get another pay out.

Debosky, which part of 'MEND broke the story' do you not understand? MEND emailed the press and snitched on NNPC, saying that NNPC is paying militants. Stupid journalists who think every militant is MEND asked MEND whether they were the ones paid by NNPC, which MEND denied. This is not the first time - Nigerian Government put an offer to MEND to guard the pipelines last year and MEND said they can never guard pipelines for the Nigerian Government until Nigerian Government increase the oil derivation.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by teepimpin: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
This militancy in the Niger-delta has to be addressed with urgency, its growing from mere agitation to criminality and shouldn't be treated with kid gloves. this militants should be dealt with, mere negotiation or dialogue has failed to bring a solution even if the government intends to address the problems in the area this militant "criminals" would only frustrate and hold this nation to ransom if not dealt with. The military involvement is inevitable.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by trulyopal(f): 5:18pm On Jul 24, 2008
if abacha were alive ,all these bullshit 4 no happen cool cool cool
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Ibime(m): 5:21pm On Jul 24, 2008
^^^ hehehehe. . . . for real. . . . but remember that all the frustration and steam which was building up during Abacha's period was released upon his death, that is why we are having all these problems now. This is the legacy that Abacha left for us.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Blatant: 5:45pm On Jul 24, 2008
The dogs we have in positions of authority are acting true to type
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by henry4uall(m): 6:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
Federal Govt Budget for NDDIC (Niger Delta Development , something something) in 2008, equals  100million naira

NNPC paid egunje for Niger Delta militants,  equal 1.4 billion naira shocked

Can somebody solve that simultaneous equation for me?

When i think about nigerians sometimes, i am usually tempted to think  you people come from another planet! 

Thank God I no be Nigerian
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by bilymuse: 8:22pm On Jul 24, 2008
ladies and gentlemen of nairaland, i have always said this time over again, never discuss Nigeria politics in the night, when u are about to sleep or ull have night mare

Father forgive them, for they know not what they are doing

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re-branding: N’assembly Seeks Source Of Funding / Fashola Promises Low Cost Houses / Ministers Without Remembrance Emblem Barred From FEC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.