Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,073 members, 7,814,717 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira (5985 Views)

Lagos State's Wage Bill Is 6.5 Billion. Delta State's Wage Bill Is 7.4 Billion. / Jonathan Beats Buhari In Rivers With Over 1.4 Million Votes- PUNCH / Nnpc Paid A Whopping $1m To The Organizers Of The “townhall Meeting/debate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by bluehorizo(m): 8:46pm On Jul 24, 2008
Desperation by the Group Managing Director of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, NNPC, Alhaji Abubakar Yar’Adua, to prove to President Umaru Yar’Adua that he can make the refineries work was responsible for his payment of N1.4 billion to militants in the Niger Delta, P.M.News gathered this morning, even as the revelation has continued to generate reactions across the country.

The NNPC Group General Manager (Public Affairs), Dr. Livi Ajuonuma, said in a statement yesterday that his boss was quoted out of context, though he did not deny the payment which he said was made to a local company which he failed to name.

“From our knowledge, the NNPC disbursed over $25 million (N2 billion) for the scam, which was shared by the top commanders of the military Joint Task Force, senior government officials in Delta State Governor’s Office and top management staff in the NNPC.”

http://thepmnews.com/2008/07/24/why-yar%e2%80%99adua-paid-n14bn-to-militants
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Scopium: 8:54pm On Jul 24, 2008
[size=13pt]Can you imagine that CRAP. NNPC just EMBEZZLED the money and put the blame on poor Akon[/size]
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Scopium: 8:56pm On Jul 24, 2008
henry4uall:

Federal Govt Budget for NDDIC (Niger Delta Development , something something) in 2008, equals  100million naira

NNPC paid egunje for Niger Delta militants,  equal 1.4 billion naira shocked

Can somebody solve that simultaneous equation for me?

When i think about nigerians sometimes, i am usually tempted to think  you people come from another planet! 

Thank God I no be Nigerian

[size=13pt]Bros error full that equation no be small. Where are you from?[/size]
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by sokoanugwa: 9:52pm On Jul 24, 2008
Well, I believe that all this revelations are geared towards making us see that this country needs a revolution.

Our older generation has failed us indeed and they are gradually making us to violate our concience. But we must stand our ground and ensure that when it is our turn to make decision for this great nation, we shall do it right.

Our children, children children are waiting for us. Listen, Nairalites, we have a stake on how far our country will go with this insincerety from our leaders. In all that we do, lets have a +ve attitiude that very soon, when it is our turn to rule this great country, we shall do it better.

Nigeria will be great again. I believe,

Do you believ?
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by MP007(m): 3:57am On Jul 25, 2008
where is my own share undecided, >?
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by triistar86: 4:38am On Jul 25, 2008
MP007:

where is my own share undecided, >?
People wey dey Naija never see their share u wey dey America dey ask for your share.
Well if you insist on getting your share, All u need to do is to take the next available flight to Nigeria and Enter Night bus to Warri. When you reach there make you ask for Ugochukwu he would take you to the mend headquaters where they would traet very well and give you your share Plus you would have to sign some documents, Chikennah!!!! U dont even have to pay taxes. grin grin grin grin grin grin wink

NIGERIA IS THE 8TH WONDER OF THE WORLD
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by ayomifull(f): 9:02am On Jul 25, 2008
bilymuse:

Father forgive them, for they know not what they are doing

Really?
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by tkb417(m): 10:07am On Jul 25, 2008
@henry4uall
where did u get ur figures from? 100million for NDIC?
are u alright?
even the old OMPADEC didnt get 100million.

are u from Chad?

@Ibime
na u be P.R.O for MEND?
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Ibime(m): 10:18am On Jul 25, 2008
Na me o. cheesy
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by ALERTEFCC(f): 11:49am On Jul 25, 2008
WHY ALL THE NOISE?
ISNT NNPC RUN BY MILITANTS?
ISNT NIGERIA RULED BY MILITANTS?

. . . . otherwise we should have free and fair elections. . . .
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by shawn123: 12:28pm On Jul 25, 2008
AFTER CAREFULL STUDY, I CAN THEREFOR GIVE THE FULL DEFINITION OF NIGERIA, LADIES AND GENTS
NIGERIA = GIMMICKS AKA WASH WASH, GABBAGE IN GABBAGE OUT, THE MORE U SEE THE LESS U UNDERSTANG.
WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE cry
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by landis(m): 1:08pm On Jul 25, 2008
ALERT-EFCC:

WHY ALL THE NOISE?
ISNT NNPC RUN BY MILITANTS?
ISNT NIGERIA RULED BY MILITANTS?

. . . . otherwise we should have free and fair elections. . . .

well said
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by kamsik(m): 1:11pm On Jul 25, 2008
forever OBAMA '08 till ever

call me for more details

DO you want BARRACK OBAMA[size=9pt][/size] ?

Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by idupaul: 1:22pm On Jul 25, 2008
NOW WE KNOW MILITANCY IS A CONSPIRACY, THE SAME FORM OF CONSPIRACY THAT HAS KEPT US IN CONSTANT DARKNESS WITH NEPA, HMM ITS TRUE, HW CAN MILITABNCY END WHEN NNPC BOSSES AND TOP MILITANT COMMANDERS ARE CONSPIRING TO MILK THE NATION DRY, AND WAT HAPPENED TO THE ARMYS BOAST OF BEING ABLE TO ROUTE THE MILITANTS, CHIEF OF ARMY STAFF THIS THING IS NO CHILDS PLAY AGAIN OO ,IS IT TILL yAR ADUA PAYS 2 BILLION DOLLARS B4 YOU KNOW ITS WAR TIME, ABEG, NA WA OOO
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by beemex(m): 2:15pm On Jul 25, 2008
Took a peek, hurriedly read the thread, didn't know what to do, decided to quietly relocate to the toilet and weep for his dear country Nigeria embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

BABA GOD SAVE YOUR CHILDREN IN NAIJA
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Kobojunkie: 2:17pm On Jul 25, 2008
Yar adua agreed to paying of ransom to criminals to pacify them?? Does anyone else not see that ?? The article says the NNPC group was lead by Yar adua to the hearing meaning he knew and agreed to this.  shocked Now he wants to war against the same millitants?
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by beemex(m): 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2008
Kamsik if that shirt is free that's lovely. Tell us how to come get them but if not, pls take it somewhere else. I support Obama but i ain't spending a dime because of him.  grin shocked angry
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by beemex(m): 2:22pm On Jul 25, 2008
Femo2000 i beg u my brother what are the requirements for one to get admitted into this prestigious institution full of guaranteed sweet life and how long does it take to study ADVANCED MILITANCY?
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by kamsik(m): 2:29pm On Jul 25, 2008
Femo 2000, if you can kill the people that take what ever belong to you and i you can befend your generation to come, if u can carry MARK4 of AK 49 and machine gun den u are qualify. thanks \

ur's kamal
Obama 2008 Nigeria Fans

Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by keba(m): 3:19pm On Jul 25, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Yar adua agreed to paying of ransom to criminals to pacify them?? Does anyone else not see that ?? The article says the NNPC group was lead by Yar adua to the hearing meaning he knew and agreed to this. shocked Now he wants to war against the same millitants?
the Yar'adua that led the team is the GMD and not the president, just that they bear the same name.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by ezer(m): 3:44pm On Jul 25, 2008
why're u guys gettin urself worked up. i know no money was paid to MEND, its just their usual way to account for missing billions
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by ExInferis(m): 3:49pm On Jul 25, 2008
this is the end

Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by laidback(m): 4:45pm On Jul 25, 2008
[size=8pt]JESUS CHRIST! OMG!!!!!!!size]
HOW STUPID CAN NIGERIAN LEADERS GET? HOW IGNORANT! THIS IS WORSE THAN A SHAME. WHETHER OR NOT THAT MONEY WAS PAID IS TERRIBLE< BUT SECONDARY ISSUE. THAT THE MAN IN AUTHORITY COULD EVEN THNIK IT< THEN COME ON AIR AND SAY IT!!!!!

WHY DO WE HAVE SECURITY FORCES ANYMORE< WHEN WE HAVE ABLE BODIED MILITANTS?

WHY GET SUFFER SO MUCH HUMILIATION TO GET A JOB, WHEN IT CAN NEVER BE MORE LUCRATIVE THAN MILITANCY?

WHY NOT CONTINUE KIDNAPPING INNOCENT PEOPLE WHEN THOSE IN AUTHORITY ARE WILLING TO RECOGNISE MY PRESENCE BY IT AND EVEN PAY ME HANDSOMELY?

WOW!!!

LORD GOD, AT LEAST YOU KNOW YOUR CHILDREN.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Jul 25, 2008
keba:

the Yar'adua that led the team is the GMD and not the president, just that they bear the same name.

Thanks @Keba, I almost lost my mind there assuming it was the same Yar adua, I just could not imagine how the president could be involved in such.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by ExInferis(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2008
you know you are in for it when--

Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by bodsibobo(m): 11:05am On Jul 26, 2008
@keba

Are they brothers or related? i.e the president and this other Yar'adua.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by bluehorizo(m): 12:39pm On Jul 26, 2008
bodsibobo:

@keba

Are they brothers or related? i.e the president and this other Yar'adua.

Yes they are brothers.
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by uniquelove(f): 6:13pm On Jul 26, 2008
God save your children please especially the future leaders

www.campusvill.com
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by Johnnoo(m): 9:13pm On Jul 26, 2008
thats 1 of those things happening in Niger Delta.
how can there be peace.
ofcourse federal govt may have released this money.
but some bald-headed-men & their likes must have pocketed the dough.
MAY GOD HELP US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by kazeem4t(m): 7:58am On Jul 27, 2008
please when do u think we are going to get out of this
it is a serious matter
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by sage(m): 8:05am On Jul 27, 2008
Hey guyz I was just wondering

Maybe, just maybe the white men were right

We Africans are subhuman creatures, We are animals and there is no running away from that.

We cant govern ourselves and the white masters should come back and whip us like the beasts that we are
Re: NNPC Paid Militants 1.4 Billion Naira by HCH3COO: 8:09am On Jul 27, 2008
sage:

Hey guys I was just wondering

Maybe, just maybe the white men were right

We Africans are subhuman creatures, We are animals and there is no running away from that.

We can't govern ourselves and the white masters should come back and whip us like the beasts that we are
Speak for yourself please. A lot of us actually disagree with these thoughts, I'm sure. Go yessa massa to your white master if you want to.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? / This Picture Of Buhari And His Wife Has Really Made My Day. / Olawepo Hashim Explains How To Solve Nigeria's Education Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.