Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,908 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Courtship Begins After Proposal - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Courtship Begins After Proposal (4162 Views)

Marriage proposal that Sent A Lady under the table (Photos, Video) / Pictures &Video:See The Marriage Proposal That Got A Lady Rolling On The Floor / What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Courtship Begins After Proposal by Eclairs: 12:44pm On Jul 23, 2008
Was surprised when someone told me this few days ago. Apparently before proposal what you share in a relationship is friendship and not courtship.

Can anyone throw more light on this?

Thnks
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by rampant(f): 12:47pm On Jul 23, 2008
this r d kinda threads i like ,but its a pity im on my way out,but let me add a few words sha

courtship begins right from d day d girl and d guy made up their mind to start dating each other
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by sistajay(f): 1:59pm On Jul 23, 2008
Courtships starts from the moment you decide to become a couple.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Caliente(m): 6:08pm On Jul 23, 2008
rampant:

this r d kind of threads i like ,but its a pity im on my way out,but let me add a few words sha

courtship begins right from d day d girl and d guy made up their mind to start dating each other

sista-jay:

Courtships starts from the moment you decide to become a couple.

[size=13pt]This looks similar in a different way[/size]
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Pataki: 6:19pm On Jul 23, 2008
Courtship starts when two consenting adults decide to commit themselves fully into loving one another prior to their wedding.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by MissyB1(m): 6:22pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hehehe. . . .
still waitin to read more views cool
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Pataki: 6:27pm On Jul 23, 2008
And what is yours? grin
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by rampant(f): 6:29pm On Jul 23, 2008
Caliente:

[size=13pt]This looks similar in a different way[/size]

how do u mean?
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by 74071688(m): 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2008
rampant:

this r d kind of threads i like ,but its a pity im on my way out,but let me add a few words sha

i know say na this kain thread wey u like

come u don infect me with that your disease ooo!!!

jekad NL syndrome!! grin
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by rampant(f): 6:33pm On Jul 23, 2008
Bleep-NL:

i know say na this kain thread wey u like

come u don infect me with that your disease ooo!!!

jekad Nairaland syndrome!! grin

ROTFLMSGBO grin grin grin grin DEM DON DO U AGAIN? grin grin grin na waooooo ur username too much cheesy
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 23, 2008
What does courtship really mean? I dont see much difference between pre-proposal and post-proposal periods . . . as long as you both were committed to making something out of the relationship in the first place.

IMO, dating is simply friendship between two individuals with the ultimate goal of spending the rest of their lives together.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by rubi(f): 6:45pm On Jul 23, 2008
Friendship leads to courtship and courtship leads to marriage I don't really like the word courtship because whenever  it is decleared in a relationship each party will become consious of how to behave at least not to offend the other person but when people become friends they relate to each other freely without been consious of themselves and that gives more room to study one another very well
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by debosky(m): 6:55pm On Jul 23, 2008
davidylan:

What does courtship really mean? I don't see much difference between pre-proposal and post-proposal periods . . . as long as you both were committed to making something out of the relationship in the first place.

IMO, dating is simply friendship between two individuals with the ultimate goal of spending the rest of their lives together.

You can say that as a man, but the woman doesn't think that way o! till you pop that question, she'll still be holding back psychologically or even physically just because she's not sure that you're sure.

People define things differently. I think courtship can be said to start when two people who are ready to marry start a relationship with the aim of ending in marriage.

So for example if you were boyfriend and girlfriend since you were both 16/17 and didn't really think of marriage till you were 23/24 and married at 26/27, then you were courting for only 3 years in my opinion, and not 10 years.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2008
While i agree with your position debo, i lean more to Rubi's post.

rubi:

Friendship leads to courtship and courtship leads to marriage I don't really like the word courtship because whenever it is decleared in a relationship each party will become consious of how to behave at least not to offend the other person but when people become friends they relate to each other freely without been consious of themselves and that gives more room to study one another very well

Dating IMO is simply deep, committed friendship between two individuals. The term "courtship" is one i strenously avoid as it connotes some stiff, formal period before marriage.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Tgirl4real(f): 7:21pm On Jul 23, 2008
Apparently before proposal what you share in a relationship is friendship and not courtship.

I dont get? Even after proposal, you still share frienship.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by eldee(m): 7:39pm On Jul 23, 2008
@topic
Finally, my 'I'm kind of seeing this guy' theory has been brought up cheesy
That stage is just the dating stage

Courtship is a totally different stage
Changes with the environment, here in the UK, it's sometimes the 'moving in together' stage
But there's always a spoken commitment . . . and maybe a ring
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by segzicres(m): 7:47pm On Jul 23, 2008
in nigeria it's not le that,
u have to show a girl you have what it takes to take care of her ( in guise of cash) it's just then she can think of even being your friend. kapish.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Hannibal: 7:48pm On Jul 23, 2008
eldee:

Courtship is a totally different stage
Changes with the environment, here in the UK, it's sometimes the 'moving in together' stage
But there's always a spoken commitment . . . and maybe a ring

I agree with u 100%.
However, so many gurls are ready to move in with guys as soon as the relationship hits 5 days. . . . .
U know the drill. . . . .deliberately forgetting personal effects till they eventually move in permanently.
I don't think gurls in the UK worry about courtship after proposal or pre-proposal. Anything goes on this island.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by eldee(m): 8:30pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

I agree with u 100%.
However, so many girls are ready to move in with guys as soon as the relationship hits 5 days. . . . .
You know the drill. . . . .deliberately forgetting personal effects till they eventually move in permanently.
I don't think girls in the UK worry about courtship after proposal or pre-proposal. Anything goes on this island.
Those cases are difficult ooh
Especially when they hear the question 'Your apartment or mine?', they think it's a proposal
The next day, you see them asking to use the washing machine . . .
The most annoying part is when they start cooking . . . no win situation cheesy

Thank goodness UK chics don't care bout all those things . . . An I love you call will do cheesy
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Hannibal: 8:39pm On Jul 23, 2008
eldee:

Those cases are difficult ooh
Especially when they hear the question 'Your apartment or mine?', they think it's a proposal
The next day, you see them asking to use the washing machine . . .
The most annoying part is when they start cooking . . . no win situation cheesy

Thank goodness UK chics don't care bout all those things . . . An I love you call will do cheesy

It's a very uncomfortable position. . . .

Waking up to see catapult-looking thongs everywhere in ur flat is scary!!!
Start cooking?? Hahahahahahahaha. . . . . . . .Thatz when u know an ordinary shag sometimes mean a lot to em gurlz.
Its a complete NO WIN shituation. . . . Just enjoy the ride and pray something perplexing drives her out ASAP. tongue
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Chat2MeBac(f): 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2008
Eldee and Hannibal, both y'all sharappppp, angry angry angry angry angry angry angry,

Why even bother having her over for a shag if you have intentions of courting her? Gosh! I just hope the girls here are reading and taking note jare,
That's why I have put my "personal effects" under heavy lock and key, Listening to all this rantings have made me decide to marry by the time I am 50, Atleast Me and my husband will be too old to even be thinking about courship, We will just "jump" right into it,
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Hannibal: 11:07pm On Jul 23, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Eldee and Hannibal, both y'all sharappppp, angry angry angry angry angry angry angry,

Why even bother having her over for a shag if you "don't" have intentions of courting her?
Gosh! I just hope the girls here are reading and taking note jare,
That's why I have put my "personal effects" under heavy lock and key, Listening to all this rantings have made me decide to marry by the time I am 50, Atleast Me and my husband will be too old to even be thinking about courship, We will just "jump" right into it,

Why must everything lead to courtship?? I mean, can't a man and a woman meet up and just forget abt any sorta attachment??
Putting ur "personal effects" under lock and key won't help you. . . . .U need to pull em out so Zing can chew a lil bit.
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Chat2MeBac(f): 11:13pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

Why must everything lead to courtship?? I mean, can't a man and a woman meet up and just forget about any sorta attachment??
Putting your "personal effects" under lock and key won't help you. . . . .You need to pull em out so Zing can chew a little bit.

You see, everything doesnt have to lead to that, NO NO, But let your intentions be known. If you know it's just supposed to be a friendship, NO strings attached, then be upfront. Don't lead anyone's daughter, sister, aunty, niece et al on, knowing you aren't serious,

PS, Let Zing chew them, Atleast I know his intentions meant well tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Hannibal: 11:19pm On Jul 23, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

You see, everything doesnt have to lead to that, NO NO, But let your intentions be known. If you know it's just supposed to be a friendship, NO strings attached, then be upfront. Don't lead anyone's daughter, sister, aunty, niece et al on, knowing you aren't serious,

PS, Let Zing chew them, Atleast I know his intentions meant well tongue tongue tongue tongue

Let ma intentions be known??
U expect me to walk up to a gurl and tell her i wanna shag her brains out. . . . .no strings attached?? They don't wanna hear the TRUTH!!!
The mentality is screwed. . . . .u ask em for a date and they are already hearing wedding bells and seeing confetti. cheesy grin
So why not go through the back door and nick what u want. . . . .
The methods don't have to be conventional. . . . as long as the job is done. wink wink wink wink
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Chat2MeBac(f): 11:27pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

Let ma intentions be known??
You expect me to walk up to a girl and tell her i want to shag her brains out. . . . .no strings attached?? They don't want to hear the TRUTH!!!
The mentality is screwed. . . . .u ask em for a date and they are already hearing wedding bells and seeing confetti. cheesy grin
So why not go through the back door and nick what u want. . . . .
The methods don't have to be conventional. . . . as long as the job is done. wink wink wink wink

May the good Lord help Us al, and forgive you in the process, He who knoweth the way and doeth not shall be beaten with many stripes. Thank God, in time I will have 2 sons( via IVF), and i will endeavour to ensure that they grow up to be all they can be, I will make sure they don't go around misusing and abusing pples daughters,

Yea you ask for date, and nothing is wrong with that, But it's what you tell them on the date that makes the difference, Most men will go around filling ladies heads with stories, One day shall be judgement.And we shall all reap what we have sown,
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Pataki: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2008
A friendship should not necessarily lead to courtship. It can simply just be for flings nothing more to it. cheesy
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Hannibal: 11:34pm On Jul 23, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

May the good Lord help Us al, and forgive you in the process, He who knoweth the way and doeth not shall be beaten with many stripes. Thank God, in time I will have 2 sons( via IVF), and i will endeavour to ensure that they grow up to be all they can be, I will make sure they don't go around misusing and abusing pples daughters,

Yea you ask for date, and nothing is wrong with that, But it's what you tell them on the date that makes the difference, Most men will go around filling ladies heads with stories, One day shall be judgement.And we shall all reap what we have sown . . . . .  

Is this Rev. Jesse Jackson speaking?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are u aware every step we both make is consensual from the word GO??
What makes me guilty while she is innocent??  Please. . . .preach equal right n justice.

U are having 2 sons via IVF?? Holy Moses. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The folks in Vincy must hear about this.
Is this some sorta PLAN B?
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Chat2MeBac(f): 12:27am On Jul 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Is this Rev. Jesse Jackson speaking?? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Are u aware every step we both make is consensual from the word GO??
What makes me guilty while she is innocent?? Please. . . .preach equal right n justice.

You are having 2 sons via IVF?? Holy Moses. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The folks in Vincy must hear about this.
Is this some sorta PLAN B?

Rev. Jackson ke?
You guys (pataki included) go around "phishing" as if it were going out of style. I pray my sons grow up to set examples and don' look at every dress tail or pant hem that go by tongue.

It's ok, even on my tiny islands ladies are opting for IVF, It's pregnancy, and later parenthood, without the headache, tongue, And every woman deserves to have a Plan B, After reading all the rants here, I wonder why ladies even bother opening up their precious legs,
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Hannibal: 12:31am On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Rev. Jackson ke?
You guys (pataki included) go around "phishing" as if it were going out of style. I pray my sons grow up to set examples and don' look at every dress tail or pant hem that go by tongue.

It's ok, even on my tiny islands ladies are opting for IVF, It's pregnancy, and later parenthood, without the headache, tongue, And every woman deserves to have a Plan B, After reading all the rants here, I wonder why ladies even bother opening up their precious legs,

Oestrogen is a killer. . . . . .No matter how ladies try to lock it, they still find it opening voluntarily. grin grin
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Chat2MeBac(f): 12:35am On Jul 24, 2008
Hannibal:

Oestrogen is a killer. . . . . .No matter how ladies try to lock it, they still find it opening voluntarily. grin grin

Ok then, I am asking my GYN to prescribe testosterone for me then grin grin tongue.
Thank God my legs are on permanent lock-down, ONLY Jesus can unlock them, Amen to that,
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by Hannibal: 12:37am On Jul 24, 2008
Chat2MeBac:

Ok then, I am asking my GYN to prescribe testosorone for me then grin grin tongue.
Thank God my legs are on permanent lock-down, ONLY Jesus can unlock them, Amen to that,

Testosterone for u??

Goodluck and beware of wet dreams . . . .
I will pay to see the shock on your face if u wake up with semen on your undies. grin cheesy
Re: Courtship Begins After Proposal by chika98: 12:39am On Jul 24, 2008
Actually testosterone makes you hornier. If that's a word sef (hornier I mean)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Confused: Why Did Most Girl Disvirging Their Self B4 Marriage / Why Do Guys Always Touch Their Joystick? / Pouting!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.