Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:23 AM

What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? (4470 Views)

See The Difference Between Dating A Boy And Dating A Man / Whats The Difference Between Courtship, Relationship And Dating / Ladies, Your Man Slapped You During Courtship: Will You Go On? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2015
I need mature guys and ladies to answer the question "What's the Difference Between Courtship and Dating?" to enlighten us more on nairaland let us hear your view or point on it.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 11:42am On Jan 26, 2015
I'd say they're the same thing.

Just that courtship has the highest propensity to lead to marriage.
Whilst dating is just something everyone does.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 11:54am On Jan 26, 2015
MzNelly:
I'd say they're the same thing.

Just that courtship has the highest propensity to lead to marriage.
Whilst dating is just something everyone does.

thanks for your comment, but i truly want to get some fact about courtship for how long u think both partners can courtship before getting marriage? during courtship do you think sex can come through it? also dating because as my own believe dating is just one light stand when u both go out and come back.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by IcyIcy(f): 12:09pm On Jan 26, 2015
favourmic:
I need mature guys and ladies to answer the question "What's the Difference Between Courtship and Dating?" to enlighten us more on nairaland let us hear your view or point on it.

Men and women who choose to date often have no commitment to consider marrying the other person. Maturity and readiness for marriage are not considerations in the decision to date. Instead, couples usually date with the selfish goals of having fun and enjoying romantic attachments.

In contrast, courtship is undertaken only when both parties are prepared to make a commitment to marriage. In courtship, you and your partner take the time to get to know and care for each other and develop trust. You're both more vested in your relationship because of the time and effort you've put into each other. Courtship takes more courage because you have to be authentic, open, vulnerable and live without knowing the outcome. If you choose the path of courtship, you'll become clearer on what matters most to you, what's acceptable and not acceptable to you and realize your self-worth. You'll feel cherished, cared for and respected.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jan 26, 2015
favourmic:

thanks for your comment, but i truly want to get some fact about courtship for how long u think both partners can courtship before getting marriage? during courtship do you think sex can come through it? also dating because as my own believe dating is just one light stand when u both go out and come back.

Courtship isn't really for long; say 6 months or so 'cause it precedes one's marriage.

Sex during courtship? Err...I doubt. The marriage is literally around the corner; there would be no point in that.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 12:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
MzNelly:

Sex during courtship? Err...I doubt. The marriage is literally around the corner; there would be no point in that.

That implies when marriage is not insight, sex is allowed. Thanks for d info grin
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
faceURfront:

That implies when marriage is not insight, sex is allowed. Thanks for d info grin

Don't put words into my mouth. undecided
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
MzNelly:

Don't put words into my mouth. undecided

Ah ah....calm down. I am just rationalising Wat u said na.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jan 26, 2015
faceURfront:

Ah ah....calm down. I am just rationalising Wat u said na.

Don't rationalise what I said. Infact, face your front. grin
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Mprex(f): 3:43pm On Jan 26, 2015
Dating is boyfriend and girlfriend

courtship is fiance and fiancee

2 Likes

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 4:07pm On Jan 26, 2015
One is formal,one is informal.

Courtship is formal,dating is informal..
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by ayabdul: 7:12pm On Jan 26, 2015
I believe dating is a face between meeting a person and a relationship,when not interested u end d date,while courtship is a face between d relationship and marriage
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jan 26, 2015
According to ten commandment of dating, Dating and Courtship are two methods of beginning relationship with opposite sex.

However dating comes before courtship and it's a period getting to know each other differences. Courtship advocates claim that allows two people to get to know each other in a platonic setting without pressures of physical initimacy or emotion clouding their judgment(this is an advanced level of dating).

In summary, they are the same but dating comes first before courtship and courtship dont take long before marriage.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2015
courting is meant to lead to marriage.
every youngster wants to date these days. mostly to commit fornication.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 9:51pm On Jan 26, 2015
MzNelly:

Courtship isn't really for long; say 6 months or so 'cause it precedes one's marriage.

In one word there must be no sex during courtship? but sex might occur during dating? i don't truly accept that enlight us more

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 9:54pm On Jan 26, 2015
krall:
courting is meant to lead to marriage.
every youngster wants to date these days. mostly to commit fornication.

and during courtship there must be no sex for good 6month? or 1yr?
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 9:57pm On Jan 26, 2015
wristwatch:
According to ten commandment of dating, Dating and Courtship are two methods of beginning relationship with opposite sex.

However dating comes before courtship and it's a period getting to know each other differences. Courtship advocates claim that allows two people to get to know each other in a platonic setting without pressures of physical initimacy or emotion clouding their judgment(this is an advanced level of dating).

In summary, they are the same but dating comes first before courtship and courtship dont take long before marriage.

cool answer, but what about sex? do you think without sex the courtship can work out? i mean without sex for good 6month or 1yr?
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jan 26, 2015
favourmic:

In one word there must be no sex during courtship? but sex might occur during dating? i don't truly accept that enlight us more

You're asking me to tell you whether or not to have sex in your relationship. That is up to you. Personally, I do not endorse it; either sex during dating or in courtship.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 10:21pm On Jan 26, 2015
Thank you all for your comment, but base on what i believe i see no deference in dating and courtship they are like 5&6 before we courtship we must date and dating is a part of human mating process whereby two people meet socially for companionship, beyond the level of friendship, or with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage. It can be a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by the couple, while courtship is a period during which a couple develop a romantic relationship before getting married. So can anyone explain while love affaire won't be involve?

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by GoodFaith: 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2015
Ask Goole
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 26, 2015
GoodFaith:
Ask Goole
Wicked
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by GoodFaith: 10:35pm On Jan 26, 2015
favourmic:
Thank you all for your comment, but base on what i believe i see no deference in dating and courtship they are like 5&6 before we courtship we must date and dating is a part of human mating process whereby two people meet socially for companionship, beyond the level of friendship, or with the aim of each assessing the other's suitability as a partner in an intimate relationship or marriage. It can be a form of courtship consisting of social activities done by the couple, while courtship is a period during which a couple develop a romantic relationship before getting married. So can anyone explain while love affaire won't be involve?

sorry there is a great difference between 5 and 6

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 10:39pm On Jan 26, 2015
GoodFaith:

sorry there is a great difference between 5 and 6

glad to hear from you, tell us the great difference
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Jan 30, 2015
Nothing is different except for the title.

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by marvelito: 4:52pm On Jan 30, 2015
favourmic:
dating involves both d girl nd d boy gettng to knw each oda.courtship is more advance way of dating cos it involves both families input in d relatnshp.courtshp is most sensitive cos u wil get an unbais opinion frm both families.though some family can stress u. Dating involve knwing ur date.but courtship involves knw ur date and their families proper.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by K9blunt(f): 5:14pm On Jan 30, 2015
Dating is when a couple are just having fun and are not certain or aiming to get married while courting is both dating and getting more aquainted with eachothers parents or guardians with the aim of getting married. undecided
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
favourmic:

cool answer, but what about sex? do you think without sex the courtship can work out? i mean without sex for good 6month or 1yr?

Yes it can. It takes discipline to deny sex from happening.

This discipline comes with great responsibility. The couple must be engage into something productive that sex will be their last option.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by jnrbayano(m): 8:11pm On Jan 30, 2015
If you are going out with someone on a regular basis with or without agreements, you are dating

Courtship is a period that commences just after engagement.

Dating is a subset of courtship. One can date without agreements and commitments whereas in courtship there are sure commitments.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 30, 2015
Dating involves a boy and a gal, courtship involves a woman and a man, BTW, courtship is an advance dating while one has the title of a bf or a gf, the courtship involves a fiance and a fiancee,... grin finally

1 Like

Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 12:11am On Jan 31, 2015
marvelito:
dating involves both d girl nd d boy gettng to knw each oda.courtship is more advance way of dating cos it involves both families input in d relatnshp.courtshp is most sensitive cos u wil get an unbais opinion frm both families.though some family can stress u. Dating involve knwing ur date.but courtship involves knw ur date and their families proper.

best answer so far.
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 12:12am On Jan 31, 2015
jnrbayano:
If you are going out with someone on a regular basis with or without agreements, you are dating

Courtship is a period that commences just after engagement.

Dating is a subset of courtship. One can date without agreements and commitments whereas in courtship there are sure commitments.

Hmmm cool and when there is sure commitments what will happen next? at any time?
Re: What's The Difference Between Courtship And Dating? by favourmic(m): 12:15am On Jan 31, 2015
wristwatch:

Yes it can. It takes discipline to deny sex from happening.

This discipline comes with great responsibility. The couple must be engage into something productive that sex will be their last option.

You're right dude, but this days sex be the last options? while it's the girl that demand for it this days, once u're in courtship and you both trully love each other so much, i think the feeling get crazy and before u know it you have land having sex on bed...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bizarre Things That Guys Do That Turns A Lady On. / I Have Been Wearing His Engagement Ring For Four Years. / What's That Character You Have That You Don't Want Your Children To Inherit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.