Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,038 members, 7,825,287 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:49 AM

Adams Oshiomole’s Harsh Words To A Widow: A Blessing In Disguise - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adams Oshiomole’s Harsh Words To A Widow: A Blessing In Disguise (687 Views)

Crashing Oil Prices; A Blessing In Disguise For Nigeria!!!! / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Adams Oshiomole’s Harsh Words To A Widow: A Blessing In Disguise by chyzoo4u(m): 2:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
The phrase “Go and die” is undoubtedly an abusive one, but to a 28 years old widow (names withheld) on the 28th November 2013, it was totally a blessing.

Had this young widow been told in the early morning of that blessed Thursday that she will be at least half a million richer before this year runs out, she will definitely doubt it. In fact, she would’ve looked for the ‘prophet’ and unleash curses on him when Gov. Oshiomole released those harsh words to her.

It all started like every other day on a Thursday 28th day of November 2013. When the members of Edo State task force (or so I thought) along with their Governor Adams Oshiomole were seizing the goods of some petty traders (doing business against the law of the State) in the city.

A young widow was crying amidst the gathered crowd after her goods were confiscated by the State law offender’s agency. She didn’t know that she was actually withering the hard rock that harbours her precious stone with her tears. She struck the last rock to her precious stone when she begged the Governor; “please sir, I am a widow” which automatically paved way for her blessing when Oshio baba (as he is fondly called) replied her with the harsh words; “you are a widow?, go and die!” which was a bee (to the widow) that stung her for her sweet honey to come forth. This brings me to the below;

“Out of the hard rocks, came forth precious stones, and out of the bees that sting, came forth sweet honey.”

The video of the incident went viral in the internet, while the news spread through news papers, online forums (nairaland.com), blogs (Lindaikeji, kemifilani, laila etc), social networks (twitter and facebook), and online diaries. This brought criticisms to the choice of words used by Oshiomole while a few supported him. Though the Gov. later apologised for the harsh words he used on the widow. See link http://vanguardngr.com/2013/11/oshiomhole-apologises-comments-widow/

Now my concern is on the blessings that followed this event, the PDP offered the widow a whooping #250,000 see link http://naijagists.com/edo-state-pdp-to-pay-abused-widow-n250000-governor-oshiomhole-under-fire/

Presently, members of Africa’s largest online forum nairaland.com, are working on modalities to offer the widow some cash as many on the forum have shown interest with some pledging #5,000 and even in hard currency, $500. See link https://www.nairaland.com/1535382/fundraiser-oshiomoles-widow-victim-widow

From my experience as a member of this forum, whenever such an issue comes up, not less than #500,000 is been generated. But I just put it at 250,000 plus that of the PDP making it 500,000. Of course there will still be other sources of gift to this woman.

Now, let’s say by next week, this widow will be 0.5million naira richer courtesy of Gov. Oshiomole harsh words. To me, it’s just a blessing in disguise. While many are still criticizing Oshiomole, he had indirectly turned the life of that widow for good whom all these people donating huge sums to now wouldn’t have remembered had it not been that Oshiomole asked her to go and die. Don’t get me wrong, am not saying the Gov. did the right thing.

Actually there are better words to use than “go and die”, but that same harsh word has brought good fortune to this widow. And before you ask me, YES! Let me be a victim of harsh word only if it will turn my life around for better like it did for this woman. (Smiles) cheesy

Finally, I thank everyone that is contributing in one way or the other to see that this woman must not go and die (as the nairalanders put it), but that she shall have life and have it more abundantly. I would be happier if this kind gesture will be extended to many other widows living in abject poverty.

Happy Sunday and may God bless us all.

Written by Chyzoo4u
Re: Adams Oshiomole’s Harsh Words To A Widow: A Blessing In Disguise by Firefire(m): 4:37pm On Dec 01, 2013
@ Chyzoo4u,
Thank you for the write up.
Can you also let us have details of the Window for remitting the pledge on this forum?
Thank you in advance for your favorably feedback.

Shalom!
Re: Adams Oshiomole’s Harsh Words To A Widow: A Blessing In Disguise by chyzoo4u(m): 8:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
Wow! This is getting more blessings than I even expected.

"Out of the carcass, came forth sweet honey again"

Now Oshiomole has donated 2million Nigerian naira to this fortunate widow.

See link http://nairaland.com/1539705/oshiomhole-donates-n2m-go-die

Need I say more?

Surely a BLESSING in DISGUISE.

Erhh.. DJ, play me raindrops by 2face Idibia abeg

(1) (Reply)

Qatar Airways In Talks With Nigeria Over Partnership In New Carrier / 2015 Guber Election. / PDP Woos Aggrieved APC Chieftains; Shekarau, Bafarawa, Belgore Targeted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.