Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,456 members, 7,770,133 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 05:08 AM

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! (83126 Views)

ECA Fund: Say The Truth, Oshiomole Tells Okonjo-Iweala / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! Mad Idea To Help The Woman! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Sermwell(m): 11:37am On Nov 28, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vw43BVPasDM

Where is the 'human face' in governance?

Woke up with strength and vigour this morning and was up to face today with all hopes and aspirations but was sad & almost started crying after watching this video.

I've been an advocate of leaders been strong at all time with will power to carry out leadership responsibilities. And that emotional leaders don't go far but certainly not this way.

In leadership and governance, there's a place for 'Human face' no matter the circumstances. Widows to the best of my knowledge are integral part of our society and if we don't apply human face when dealing with them, am afraid we are far from getting there as a people.

Two wrongs indeed can never make things right and as such, can't fathom why the Governor of Edo State, Comrade Adams A. O. will treat this widow like this and even tell her to go and die when she's struggling to provide food for her family. I think it would've been far better to make her pay a fine for her wrong doing than this humiliation.

The agony of the poor in our society......

VIDEO: Unkindest Cut Of All-Governor Adams Oshiomhole's Mean Words To A Poor Widow

This video shows Governor Adams Oshiomhole ostensibly leading officials of the state to sanitize the city of Benin, the Edo State capital. In the course of his tour of duty, he came across a widow roadside hawker.

The poor widow knelt before the imperial governor, a former labour leader, begging for her little means of livelihood to be saved. She pleaded that she's widow. But her pleas fell on the governor's deaf ear. In what could be regarded as the most unkindest cut of all, the governor said the widowed woman should "go and die"!
http://saharareporters.com/video/video-unkindest-cut-all-governor-adams-oshiomholes-mean-words-poor-widow/

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by donphilopus: 12:36pm On Nov 28, 2013
Wrong link!
Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 3:11pm On Nov 28, 2013
It is one thing to enforce the law without fear or favour but quite another to do so in a mean-spirited fashion.
As a widower himself, I hope Governor Oshiomole rues the day he uttered the words "go and die" to a hapless street hawker.

VIDEO: Unkindest Cut Of All-Governor Adams Oshiomhole's Mean Words To A Poor Widow

This video shows Governor Adams Oshiomhole ostensibly leading officials of the state to sanitize the city of Benin, the Edo State capital. In the course of his tour of duty, he came across a widow roadside hawker.

The poor widow knelt before the imperial governor, a former labour leader, begging for her little means of livelihood to be saved. She pleaded that she's widow. But her pleas fell on the governor's deaf ear. In what could be regarded as the most unkindest cut of all, the governor said the widowed woman should "go and die"!

Source

7 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
That is very bad of the Governor. He needs to apologise.

This is what you get after 14 year rule of PDP.

I haven't cried in a long time, I had tears in my eyes this morning. I was pained seeing that lady. If anyone can find me the crying widow, I have a $500 for her to launch her business again.

140 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Firefire(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2013
In as much as I abhor our peoples indiscipline and stubbornness and not heeding to warnings.

I think this video of Oshiomole ignoring the cry of the poor is detestable, callous and clear case of wickedness.

The Bible says…

“Whoso stoppeth his ears at the cry of the poor, he also shall cry himself, but shall not be heard”. Proverbs 21:13 (KJV)

63 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2013
Hmmm. I no go talk anything

2 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Nobody: 3:43pm On Nov 28, 2013
payless: That is very bad of the Governor. He needs to apologise.

I haven't cried in a long time, I had tears in my eyes this morning. I was pained seeing that lady. If anyone can find me the crying widow, I have a $500 for her to launch her business again.

Seriously PDP is responsible for this too? Smh

50 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Gbawe: 3:46pm On Nov 28, 2013
Can't believe Oshiomhole said what he did. As if his words were not shocking enough, his attitude throughout the video appeared callous, detached and cold. Disappointing to see. Oshiomhole should be ashamed of his totally insensitive and heartless conduct.

17 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by excell12go(m): 3:54pm On Nov 28, 2013
Front page fast.
Anyways, ds may not make it as it's not anti-GEJ

2 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by nduchucks: 3:56pm On Nov 28, 2013
kai Oshiomhole, haba!! This is worse than shameful. In my books, you are free to go an join PDP now, ewu.

Indeed power corrupts; and absolute power corrupts absolutely. embarassed

12 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by kokoA(m): 4:01pm On Nov 28, 2013
You don't use such words on your human being no matter what.. That was cold oshiomole.

3 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by abes(m): 4:06pm On Nov 28, 2013
Power brings insanity, that's too cold, so disappointed..

payless: That is very bad of the Governor. He needs to apologise.

That widow really need some help

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by asha80(m): 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
mehn oshiomole you have totally disappointed me.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by frankyychiji(f): 4:08pm On Nov 28, 2013
Its PDP that asked Oshiomole to be so mean and calous and use derogatory words on those that voted him into power..... Nigerians laff.

5 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by jmaine: 4:09pm On Nov 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Seriously PDP is responsible for this too? Smh

off course, Oshiomhole is a PDP member tongue

11 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by funnyx(m): 4:10pm On Nov 28, 2013
What a heartless words to say! 'go and die', I'm very disappointed in Oshiomole. What a shame!

2 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by abdurrazaq(m): 4:17pm On Nov 28, 2013
One can try to excuse the act of this man for some gimmicks like 'sacrifices for the greater good of the community' but, the approach and the choice of words by the governor is nothing short of wickedness, callousness, insensitivity and thoughtlessness to say the least. He should be ashamed of himself for uttering such words. He is not expected to say such things to anybody, let alone a widow. angry angry

15 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by don33310(m): 4:18pm On Nov 28, 2013
I am disappointed

2 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by doncaster(m): 4:22pm On Nov 28, 2013
Am sending the clip to my local newspaper here and BBC as well so that when next this guys come over to tell them how they are helping the masses they will know better.

60 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Firefire(m): 4:27pm On Nov 28, 2013
Initially I did not here where Oshiomole said "you are a widow... GO AND DIE." I can’t believe the acclaimed freedom fighter for the masses can open his mouth and alter such word. ...GO AND DIE.
Oh my God, this guy is mean.
Where is the fear of the Lord in the heart of our Leaders?
Our Leaders have lost torch of human feelings.
No wonder…:
Gen. 6:5 "And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually."
Prov. 3:7 “Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.”
Rom. 1:22 “Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,”
Jer. 17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?"

10 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by king94(m): 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Nawa ooo.Wot d governor said wasn't right.Telling a widow to go and die.smh.Dat woz a heartless statement.

1 Like

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by Mystiqme: 4:34pm On Nov 28, 2013
Haba! Na the same Oshiomole be this? Former NLC chairman wey talk say he dey fight for the masses. Words fail me.
I had tears in my eyes from that video.

14 Likes

Re: Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! by validplanet: 4:35pm On Nov 28, 2013
funnyx: What a heartless words to say! 'go and die', I'm very disappointed in Oshiomole. What a shame!

i wonder.... check hw he signs death/execution warrants for condemned criminals. what happened to mercy and pity. is he really as brutal as his face appears?

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

Malam Daura Blasts Nnamdi Kanu Over 'Jubril The Imposter' / Photos Of Sunday Igboho After His Release From Prison / Herdsmen Abandon Their Cows In Ijare, Ondo, Run For Their Lives

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.