Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:22 AM

Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow (36640 Views)

GUARDIAN Newspaper Apologises For Publishing False Pics Of Buhari's Interview / Go And Die - Oshiomole Tells A Widow! / Ondo Senator Apologises For Supporting Child-Marriage Bill (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by astronautog(m): 1:54pm On Nov 29, 2013
Re: "Go And Die" - Governor Oshiomhole Tells A Widow (Video)

Benin – Gov. Adams Oshiomhole of Edo on Friday apologised for the comments he made to a widow in Benin during an inspection tour on Mission Road, in the state capital, a fortnight ago.

Oshiomhole said that he now regretted the comments which had become the subject of discourse in the social media.

The Governor, however, noted that he made the comments in anger.

Oshiomhole’s apology was made when the leadership of the Federation of Muslim Women’s Association of Nigeria (FOMWAN), paid him a courtesy visit in Benin.

He noted that though the challenge of modern times had bestowed on the shoulders of some women and single mothers the status of bread winners of their homes, such should not be used as an accuse to flout the laws.

The Governor urged the Muslim women leaders to use their offices to propagate the essence of healthy living among children and women in the nation and the need to maintain proper sanitary conditions in their neighbourhoods.

Oshiomhole lamented that the challenge of widowhood had also exposed children to different temptations, adding that there was the need for society to be careful, to avoid unwittingly creating more problems for the nation.

He noted that money was not the best thing that guaranteed ones happiness, “but honesty and selfless service.

The Governor added that if Muslims and Christians were adequately committed to their religious doctrines, the world would be a better place.

He urged the women to propagate the message of Islam through the nooks and crannies of the nation, and to also inculcate the values of honesty in their followers.

Oshiomhole, however, assured the association of government’s support in ensuring that its present leadership made remarkable progress and also consolidated on the successes of their predecessors.

Earlier, the FOMWAN National President, Hajia Amina Omoti, urged the state government to look into the issue of the teaching of Islamic Religious Studies in public schools in the state.

Omoti also solicited for government’s moral and financial support for the effective running of the association.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/oshiomhole-apologises-comments-widow/

2 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by omanzo02: 1:58pm On Nov 29, 2013
Too late, that comment will haunt him henceforth and can be dug out online anyday, anytime and anywhere, lol.

11 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by obalolaunited(m): 2:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
Hez probably a nairalander it's too late to cry when the head is off

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by astronautog(m): 2:02pm On Nov 29, 2013
obalolaunited: Hez probably a nairalander it's too late to cry when the head is off
lol that video spread like wide fire even my grandpa phoned me and was swearing 4 oshio on the phone!!!

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by obayaya(m): 2:03pm On Nov 29, 2013
this is not an apology.. he should seek out the woman and offer sincere apologies to her.. and pay her some damages

58 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Nobody: 2:04pm On Nov 29, 2013
Surprise!!! Was expecting him to say it was PDP that
inserted that spirit into him at that moment and his
common condemnation. Lol. That was OK though for admitting he was wrong

28 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Sweetlemon(f): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2013
omanzo02:

Too late, that comment will haunt him henforth, lol.

Says who?

Do you want to tell me that you have never at any point in time said or did anything you never regretted?

The man has apologized for his uncouthness. That's fine by me.

As for those saying she wasn't hawking, I don't believe Oshiomole just decided to attack her without her having to have broken one law or the other which would have landed her in jail by now in more developed countries, widow or no widow.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by astronautog(m): 2:07pm On Nov 29, 2013
Pls let's forgive him!!!oshio go and sin no more!!!

10 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by agbameta: 2:10pm On Nov 29, 2013
This is one of the many attributes of a great and stand up leader.

14 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by MRWHINNIG: 2:14pm On Nov 29, 2013
In saner climes like the US and Canada he should have resigned honourably. I have totally lost my respect for this man.

13 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by 99100(m): 2:18pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Says who?

Do you want to tell me that you have never at any point in time said or did anything you never regretted?

As for those saying she wasn't hawking, I don't believe Oshiomole just decided to attack her without her having to have broken one law or the other which would have landed her in jail by now in more developed countries, widow or no widow.
What is this one saying?
Can't u for once call a spade by its name?
Must u defend Oshiomole even it means trauncating or upturning truth and facts?
Oshiomole f-ucked up big time and u must accept it.

24 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by JulianBond007: 2:19pm On Nov 29, 2013
He should tender a written apology letter to the woman and Edo people in general for his uncouth behaviour. Not only that,he should give the woman a monetary compensation. Next time he shouldn't talk to people any how because he's a governor.

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by JulianBond007: 2:22pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Says who?

its obvious you're a sycophant. She didn't break any law and you still insist she broke a law. Oshiomole himself didn't say she broke any law. What are you then yapping about?

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by wirinet(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2013
This is not an apology, it is more of a justification of his action. This is what oshiomole said

Oshiomhole said that he now regretted the
comments which had become the subject of
discourse in the social media.
The Governor, however, noted that he made the
comments in anger.
Can someone please show me the apology. Who did he apologize to? the woman, the benin people, the visting FOMWAN women or to Nigerians in general?

34 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Sweetlemon(f): 2:25pm On Nov 29, 2013
I'm leaving you all over-sabi people here. I have said enough.
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Cosmore9(m): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Great News! He should watch his words next time!
Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by FreeGlobe(f): 2:28pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Says who?

in foreign countries oshiomole would have resigned over this crude and barbaric statement. we reject this apology. oshiomole must invite her to the govt house or visit her or make a statement of apology. Its not as if he has programs for widows.

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Desola(f): 2:29pm On Nov 29, 2013
Stup1d midget!

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by doncaster(m): 2:30pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta: This is one of the many attributes of a great and stand up leader.

Exactly, the attributes of Good APC govs. Clap for him and tell him to go and carry his trophy at the national stadium.

12 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by JulianBond007: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon: I'm leaving you all over-sabi people here. I have said enough.
Lollz! Nairaland is full of oversabi people including you. Get your a$$ back here and finish what you started. You never jam! grin tongue

12 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by agbameta: 2:32pm On Nov 29, 2013
FreeGlobe:
in foreign countries oshiomole would have resigned over this crude and barbaric statement. we reject this apology. oshiomole must invite her to the govt house or visit her or make a statement of apology. Its not as if he has programs for widows.

You know you are better off slitting your wrist if his apology troubles your pathetic existence beyond repair..

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Swaggot00(m): 2:33pm On Nov 29, 2013
Sweetlemon:

Says who?

what is this one sayin?

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by kingbang: 2:34pm On Nov 29, 2013
agbameta: This is one of the many attributes of a great and stand up leader.

I thought you said he did nothing wrong? And now you are applauding his apology? Your mumu go tey ooo.

22 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by agbameta: 2:37pm On Nov 29, 2013
Swaggot00: what is this one sayin?

Going by the highlighted, you have reading and comprehension issues...

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by gramci: 2:52pm On Nov 29, 2013
wirinet: This is not an apology, it is more of a justification of his action. This is what oshiomole said

Can someone please show me the apology. Who did he apologize to? the woman, the benin people, the visting FOMWAN women or to Nigerians in general?

God bless you

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by gramci: 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
kingbang:

I thought you said he did nothing wrong? And now you are applauding his apology? Your mumu go tey ooo.

ignore him, I learnt he has mental issues

8 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Reptyle(m): 2:55pm On Nov 29, 2013
The widow flouted a law but the governor spoke out of turn. But he can still salvage the situation by offering a full and personal apology to the woman. This kind of faux pas to me just shows that even "their excellencies" arent so excellent afterall...

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by donphilopus: 2:57pm On Nov 29, 2013
That's what I wanted to hear! My comrade governor sir, go and sin no more! Your sins have been forgiven.

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Apologises For His Heartless Comments To A Widow by Eneze1(f): 3:00pm On Nov 29, 2013
good of him, and there's need for the wares of that woman to be returned to her

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Hausa Community Back To Business In Aba After IPOB And Army Clash. Photos / Presidency: ‘Obasanjo Shocked Over Atiku’s Emergence As PDP Flag Bearer’ / Vp Osinbajo's Surgical Procedure Successful, His Doctors Say

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.