Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:14 AM

ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home (20358 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by jovie50: 10:25am On Dec 02, 2013
satowind: My birthday loading jooh
HAPPY BIRTHDAY IN ADVANCE!!!!!!! If this is what u want, i don give u and pls stop pasting ur pix all over nairaland.........it's becoming annoying!!!!
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Bash92(m): 10:26am On Dec 02, 2013
DonColz1: It is sad that government wants to sack us because we are asking for the resolutions. We are ready to be sacked but government should learn from the University of Ilorin experience. We are going to stay the course.”
/
What happened in Uni Ilorin?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Mickey7(m): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2013
skyluv2000: Its now am fully aware, that northerners and bokoharam are identical twins,otherwise hw cn this man called Nasir Faggea,keep children at home for over 5months,without havin a single remorse, faggea and Buhari are really materializing and practicalizing bokoharam in the education system of this nation. They only believed that western knowlegde is valueless.hw i wish the westerners will reason beyond politcal inclination,and join in the quest for reopening our institutions, to the shame of the of our enemies. God bless Nigeria!!!
plain dumb

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Mprex(f): 10:31am On Dec 02, 2013
Chidera Favour: I don't understand the stand of federal government again, what is too hard in what ASUU have said? Fg promised to be giving ASUU 220b yearly for five years and ASUU accepted it just that it must be in written form and sign by different corporation(central Bank and co.), secondly, their four months salary must be paid to them. Then if government is really serious about Nigerian student why can't they pay ASUU their four months salary and let the suposed corporation to sign the agreement? And everybody is busy pouring blame and insult on ASUU, please lets call a spade a spade. Okay even if they succeed in sacking all the lecturers and employ new ones won't they be paying them? won't they be spending in renovating schools if the need arise? Yes I am 200L student been affecting by this strike but am not siding government in this things, I don't see anything too hard in those ASUU's conditions

nyc1. Dz studentz dnt even undastnd d real situation @ hand n dy r layin blames
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by FunomBenjamin(m): 10:32am On Dec 02, 2013
10 billion for casava bread.... bt dey cant pay ASUU their salaries and sign agreement
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by halilu44: 10:33am On Dec 02, 2013
skyluv2000: Its now am fully aware, that northerners and bokoharam are identical twins,otherwise hw cn this man called Nasir Faggea,keep children at home for over 5months,without havin a single remorse, faggea and Buhari are really materializing and practicalizing bokoharam in the education system of this nation. They only believed that western knowlegde is valueless.hw i wish the westerners will reason beyond politcal inclination,and join in the quest for reopening our institutions, to the shame of the of our enemies. God bless Nigeria!!!
Think before you write. I pray for Nigeria,if we still have people in this country that think like you.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by FunomBenjamin(m): 10:34am On Dec 02, 2013
Shame on FG..... dey fink dey can play games with dis educated lecturers
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by redfly(m): 10:38am On Dec 02, 2013
Obere4u: 42 out of 61 voted for the strike to b called off, but in that 42 some members voted with a clause that the government should let AGN, CBN govo, and NLC to signed d agreement. Is it too much to ask?....
The various chapters have said they did NOT mention the clause in the voting process. It was added by the leadership of ASUU
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by 500GP: 10:41am On Dec 02, 2013
GEJ SHOULD SIGN THE AGREEMENT ON PAPER....
IF GEJ CAN SPEND ON EDUCATION WITH THE WAY HE DO SPEND ON SUPER EAGLES, NIGERIA EDUCATION WILL BE ONE OF THE BEST GLOBALLY.....
ASUU SHOULD SETTLE THIS ONCE.....
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 02, 2013
Chidera Favour: I don't understand the stand of federal government again, what is too hard in what ASUU have said? Fg promised to be giving ASUU 220b yearly for five years and ASUU accepted it just that it must be in written form and sign by different corporation(central Bank and co.), secondly, their four months salary must be paid to them. Then if government is really serious about Nigerian student why can't they pay ASUU their four months salary and let the suposed corporation to sign the agreement? And everybody is busy pouring blame and insult on ASUU, please lets call a spade a spade. Okay even if they succeed in sacking all the lecturers and employ new ones won't they be paying them? won't they be spending in renovating schools if the need arise? Yes I am 200L student been affecting by this strike but am not siding government in this things, I don't see anything too hard in those ASUU's conditions
the same four months salary that the government used in buying GOLD IPHONES?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Forwetinnah: 10:49am On Dec 02, 2013
uzeba: Iheabunike Duke Obinna
Have u seen what the nation is sliding into? All
the schools in SW have not responded yet, but
almost all the schools in SE and SS have
responded. The ones in NW and NE are yet to
open but some in NC have opened. Are u
reading meaning in what ASUU has turned into?
Political group. That is ASUU now

Ofcourse..it has always been political, I just pity the students, especially those in final year.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by 500GP: 10:50am On Dec 02, 2013
uzeba: Iheabunike Duke Obinna
Have u seen what the nation is sliding into? All
the schools in SW have not responded yet, but
almost all the schools in SE and SS have
responded. The ones in NW and NE are yet to
open but some in NC have opened. Are u
reading meaning in what ASUU has turned into?
Political group. That is ASUU now

THINK STRAIGHT...
AAUA(SW ) HAS RESUMED, ....

GET YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU COMMENT....
YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT'S GOING ON AT ALL....

TELL YOUR SON TO HONOUR THE AGREEMENT BY SIGNING THE AGREEMENT ON PAPER......
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by tonygee1(m): 10:51am On Dec 02, 2013
I guess ASUP strike will be a walk over match won by d federal gov after seeing all dis
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by henrinco(m): 10:55am On Dec 02, 2013
I am in school now.... all my lecturers are present.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by striker9(m): 10:56am On Dec 02, 2013
Students should stay at home and do nothing,while your lazy asses are demanding money for staying at home for 5months.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by nawtikid(m): 10:58am On Dec 02, 2013
nice comment tho...i'm in support of d issue of fg signing d new agreement in written form by d central bank n co...but d talk of dey being paid dia salaries 4 d moments dey didn't work, dat 1 i no go gree o...dey dn't deserve any money as per salary tinz 4 nw...dia priority shud b hw d new agreement wud b met
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 11:06am On Dec 02, 2013
dridowu: forget ds 42 to 61 issue, pdp led govt has taught us that minority supercede the majority. My wish is dat d strike shd be called off anytime afta dec 3, atleast i want to see how their empty threat of mass sack will be.

I thought Jonathan supporters said Jonathan is
Nigeria saviour. A saviour that couldn't address
common ASUU strike for five month. and they are
full of lies. Oduah's aid said the cars were bought
for her, but she denied it. Nelson wiked said FG give
seven days ultimatum, but Jonathan deny it. if they
are deceiving themselves like this how do you want
ASUU to believe them on any promise without
many parties to sign such agreement. confused
government.

I was in school when ASUU strikes for almost a year and Abacha didn't call political agents. He didn't give them bad names as it is common in this administration. We students at that time were only praying not as abusive as this generation. I am praying that NO PARENT will his/her child back to school in this December because of possibility of road accident. They will put the blame on ASUU.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by josite: 11:07am On Dec 02, 2013
Idi Amin: I can now authoritatively confirm that ASUU leader is high on marijuana. How on earth does he think that an ordinary selfish body like ASUU can stop a presidential directive. GEJ should sack that 1diot from his job, let me see how he will continue as ASUU chairman when he joins ladipo market traders association. Non sense undecided

and when all the lecturers are sacked .you will replace them with all the phd holders on nairaland .abi?

let jonathan and the governors take money out of excess crude oil account and fund the universities even if it will affect the government xmas budget
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2013
Who are the students ASUU are calling children sef? The same students Wey don dey school dey grow white hair due to incessant strike by ASUU?? undecided
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by omenka(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2013
wrench: 42 signed that the strike should be called off, fine... But conditions were laid down. Let FG fulfill does conditions. Simple. I on my own don't trust the FG.
thank you my brother! The govt always stops short of telling the whole truth, and a half-truth is a lie! They feed the public with all manner of lies and sadly most people believe them. Why not tell the public 42 chapters voted to end the strike IF the govt holds its end of the bargain? If the govt sincerely wishes to fulfill the terms of the agreement, what is so difficult in signing the document?? These are the issues the public is unaware of and i hate it ASUU isn't telling them. And to hell with the 13hrs meeting. Why should the strike be called off simply because some blockheads sat down for 13hrs with erudite intelectuals? If anything, the president and his band of cheerleaders should count themselves priviledged to be granted audience by people who obviously are above their league. Of what relevance is the length of a meeting if it bears no good results? If one were to go by their warped logic, why dont jo go sit with the leaders of boko haram, which poses an existential threat to this country, for 13hrs and have them lay down their arms?? Useless retrogresive scums.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Wbcmissionaries: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2013
visit wbcmissionarie..com

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Wbcmissionaries: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2013
visit wbcmissionaries..com
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2013
Nonsense! This strike might just end 2017 as proclaimed was said by a prophet. Am tired of all these shiit abeg.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Popsy1(m): 11:22am On Dec 02, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Dont play politics with everything. These men have been compromised and they dont care a hoot about the ramifications of their strike on the polity.

Does ASUU think they are the only ones working in this country?
This generation of students has since gone to the dogs. ASUU can never try this in the 90's. Now all you have are silly brats protesting over the loss of Swaggz to their school due to renaming.

Actually, they did try it under the military regime of IBB. FG lost den, they'll still lose nw. And d sack threats is useless as d law protects striking groups from sack I think
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 11:25am On Dec 02, 2013
Y should ASUU b paid their 4months salary?, so nigerian students should be on d loosing end, who's gonna compensate us for not graduating when due, for loosing personal stuffs to burglars to those who live off camp, for sitting at home while folks in other schools are learning,,if dats d sacrifice let dem pay, weve paid ours, even against our will,
NO B ONLY US GO LOOSE NA
ASUU is selfish
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Debroslink: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Ifyikillz:
Y should ASUU b paid their 4months salary?, so nigerian students should be on d loosing end, who's gonna compensate us for not graduating when due, for loosing personal stuffs to burglars to those who live off camp, for sitting at home while folks in other schools are learning,,if dats d sacrifice let dem pay, weve paid ours, even against our will,
NO B ONLY US GO LOOSE NA
ASUU is selfish
Y shouldn't they be paid? Afterall the FG couldn't implement the agreement they signed with ASUU since 2009. If u feel aggrieved, meet with NANS and start your own protest with the FG. Don't blame ASUU.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by gudugudumeje: 11:36am On Dec 02, 2013
Reckless! ASUU is reckless and should be ashamed of itself going by the record of indiligence and bad attitude to work common among its members ever since taking huge salary they rarely work for. NOT UNIVS THAT SHD LACK SOCIAL DISCIPLINE LIKE ASUU members are often found displaying over the years.....Further, shoddy and mediocre performances are common in many areas of their works. In fact, they have been found to be highly responsible for killing the universities and higher education systems as well as frustrating expected results of investments in higher education and research, worldwide peer-group analysis reveals.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Yusluv77(m): 11:41am On Dec 02, 2013
As from now on, here are the NEW UNIVERSITIES
LECTURES
* Nysom Wike to teach (Political Science)
* Goodluck Jonathan to teach (Zoology)
* Anyim Pius Anyim (Local Govt Studies)
* Patience Jonathan, (English/Maths)
* Ngozi Iweala (Economics)
* Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Accounting)
* Julius Okojie(NUC), (Edu Admin/ Mgt)
* Reuben Abati (Mass Communications)
* Deizani Alison-Mudueke (Chemical Engineering/
Petroleum Studies)
* Stella Odua (Transport Studies)
* David Mark, (Military Studies)
* Labaran Maku (Public Administration)
All Students are to resume to EAGLE SQUARE ABUJA
before 4th Dec. 2013. Signed:
Fresh Air and Transformation Team.......lwfmf..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word / Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed / Real Reasons Ladies Prefer To Live Off-Campus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.