Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,056 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home (20359 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by mvem(m): 4:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
Better Nigeria: my dear ASUU learn from the presidency. In Gov's forum saga, the presidency proofed to us that 16 is greater than19. In Rivers state house of assenbly, 5 is greater than 27. So are suprised with ASUU? So pls dont blem them. I think leadership shld be by example not by sentiments.
....61 voted for the suspension of the strike and will be called-off if 3 demands were met...which is d fracas dat is happening now
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by striker9(m): 4:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
ignis: I can see the death of a top ASUU executive this week.

That's my dream last night.
That was a nightmare.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by mvem(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
david290: I don't know how to quote people but i would have ask dose dat are viewing ASUU as a saint,what ASUU have been doing with all d money dey've been collecting since d era of babangida.in d lab in my skul there are instruments dated 1990.so what have been happening 2 all d money ASUU have been collecting from then till date or is my school not a Nigerian university? Let share dis blame equally.some of our senators don't come 2 sitting or come@will yet dey get paid so also my GNS lecturer who came 2 d class 4 just 2 times in a semester get paid.If ASUU wants 2 fight 4 their right let dem do so justifiably without competiting with gov't officials because 2 me,dey're both partners in crime.
....ASUU is not administration...if der is poor equipments in ur school blame ur administration for mismanaging funds...ASUU fight for the funds but its the administration in ur school dat buys, pays and do the infastructure work...i can see u know little...ASUU is a union, do u know what a union is, a trade union?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by mvem(m): 4:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
david290: I don't know how to quote people but i would have ask dose dat are viewing ASUU as a saint,what ASUU have been doing with all d money dey've been collecting since d era of babangida.in d lab in my skul there are instruments dated 1990.so what have been happening 2 all d money ASUU have been collecting from then till date or is my school not a Nigerian university? Let share dis blame equally.some of our senators don't come 2 sitting or come@will yet dey get paid so also my GNS lecturer who came 2 d class 4 just 2 times in a semester get paid.If ASUU wants 2 fight 4 their right let dem do so justifiably without competiting with gov't officials because 2 me,dey're both partners in crime.
....ASUU is not administration...if der is poor equipments in ur school blame ur administration for mismanaging funds...ASUU fight for the funds but its the administration in ur school dat buys, pays and do the infastructure work...i can see u know little...ASUU is a union, do u know what a union is, a trade union?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
Sacking all d lecturers won't b possible or easy, but sacking d Vc's will be very easy. Gej shud start from d vc's

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Sermwell(m): 5:02pm On Dec 02, 2013
mvem: ....ASUU is not administration...if der is poor equipments in ur school blame ur administration for mismanaging funds...ASUU fight for the funds but its the administration in ur school dat buys, pays and do the infastructure work...i can see u know little...ASUU is a union, do u know what a union is, a trade union?
this is to show that you are very myopic! If the funds they are demanding for gets embezzled or stolen by administrators tommorow, that means ASUU will still strike again to demand for another fund abi? Smh

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 5:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
curtain: No-work-no-pay, that was the agreement. New-ASUU should stop acting like touts,......... All roads leads to university campuses nation-wide on the 4th of december, nigerian students are not timid and can not be subjected to any form of threat from ASUU. if any new-ASUU member misbehaves with any student, the spirit of ALUTA shall be invoked and unleashed on such enemy of progress decisively. God bless nigerian students.

Thank you, you are speaking your mind. This is how you deal with your guidance at home by beating them if they refuse your demand. Don't worry as you do it to them so York children will do to you.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by ONYX5(m): 5:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
5points: Goood ooooh.
I was in school and i was almost rapppped!!!
Ma parents warned me not to go.
**shocked** shocked shocked shocked
. You are a fool @ 40

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Demdem(m): 6:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
Bishop Magic:

[s]Dont play politics with everything. These men have been compromised and they dont care a hoot about the ramifications of their strike on the polity.

Does ASUU think they are the only ones working in this country?
This generation of students has since gone to the dogs. ASUU can never try this in the 90's. Now all you have are silly brats protesting over the loss of Swaggz to their school due to renaming.[/s]

Crap. Jonathan is the one playing politics with the issue at stake. He keeps talking about 13hrs of meeting whereas he has no intention of fulfilling what he promised. Even the 100billion naira promised since the middle of this year, the fool still hasnt released it.

ASUU isnt compromised, they are only consistent and dumbs will mistake this for arrogance.

ASUU did more than this during the military era and they prevailed. who or what will Jonathan throw at them in a democratic setting that u think will shake off their resolve
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Demdem(m): 6:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
lalyiva:
there is no such thing as something for nothing
ASUU went on strike to achieve something, they have almost achieved it,there is no reason to demand salaries when it was clearly stated
NO WORK NO PAY

let them forgo the salaries as a something they gave up to achieve their goal
if the fg pays those salaries, they would belittle themselves because a law is a law
ASUU rants bout Democracy,if they are doing things the Democratic way,let them obey the law,they are not above it.

can u kindly refer me to the civil service rule that explicitly stated the coloured above.

Its good to assume but to think its true or reality is a big mistake.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Napoleondegreat: 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Chidera Favour: I don't understand the stand of federal government again, what is too hard in what ASUU have said? Fg promised to be giving ASUU 220b yearly for five years and ASUU accepted it just that it must be in written form and sign by different corporation(central Bank and co.), secondly, their four months salary must be paid to them. Then if government is really serious about Nigerian student why can't they pay ASUU their four months salary and let the suposed corporation to sign the agreement? And everybody is busy pouring blame and insult on ASUU, please lets call a spade a spade. Okay even if they succeed in sacking all the lecturers and employ new ones won't they be paying them? won't they be spending in renovating schools if the need arise? Yes I am 200L student been affecting by this strike but am not siding government in this things, I don't see anything too hard in those ASUU's conditions

You are a fool not a 200 level student. Fyi all of u that are currently ASUU members shall reap what u are sowing now in a near future. Bet me!

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 6:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Napoleondegreat:

You are a fool not a 200 level student. Fyi all of u that are currently ASUU members shall reap what u are sowing now in a near future. Bet me!

empty boasting. Because you want to enter 100L, that's why you are threatening?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by cannonnier(m): 7:05pm On Dec 02, 2013
this image has some tribal sentiment in it.

G.A.D to it porter.

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by ibe4real: 7:39pm On Dec 02, 2013
Hmmmm....as we wait 4 d fed govt n assu to resolve their differences and the strike to be called off let us make cool cash one way is through the internet....go to this link and u could make a lot of cash http://?r=ibe4real. Don't 4get to put ibe4real as ur referer
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Chardon90(m): 8:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
Chidera Favour: I don't understand the stand of federal government again, what is too hard in what ASUU have said? Fg promised to be giving ASUU 220b yearly for five years and ASUU accepted it just that it must be in written form and sign by different corporation(central Bank and co.), secondly, their four months salary must be paid to them. Then if government is really serious about Nigerian student why can't they pay ASUU their four months salary and let the suposed corporation to sign the agreement? And everybody is busy pouring blame and insult on ASUU, please lets call a spade a spade. Okay even if they succeed in sacking all the lecturers and employ new ones won't they be paying them? won't they be spending in renovating schools if the need arise? Yes I am 200L student been affecting by this strike but am not siding government in this things, I don't see anything too hard in those ASUU's conditions

you must be a very big fool who probably think wit his anus not his mind for posting diz trash, y wud the federal govt pay them for the for the 4months they stayed at home doing notin. Bunch of lazy old fools @#team no work no pay#

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by mvem(m): 10:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
Chardon90:

you must be a very big fool who probably think wit his anus not his mind for posting diz trash, y wud the federal govt pay them for the for the 4months they stayed at home doing notin. Bunch of lazy old fools @#team no work no pay#
.....You dont have home training...Why do you insult lecturers like this...if u hv a personal issue no bring am here...So u re pro- naija government, if u re...u dont need to come here and show hw uneducated you are...You might be in the university but you are uneducated...Have u heard non-academic students, i think u re one....Dont call people fool ....Wonder d students we re breeding in our universities, hope u aint a thug....See how u dey shout for school to open as if one white-collar job dey wait for you...certainly u might join the non-employed graduates after school u pro-naija government supporter...I am not supporting ASUU but i hate ur insultive words......
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
[quote
author=skyluv2000]Its now am fully aware, that northerners and
bokoharam are identical twins,otherwise hw cn this man called Nasir
Faggea,keep children at home for over 5months,without havin a single
remorse, faggea and Buhari are really materializing and practicalizing
bokoharam in the education system of this nation. They only believed
that western knowlegde is valueless.hw i wish the westerners will reason
beyond politcal inclination,and join in the quest for reopening our
institutions, to the shame of the of our enemies. God bless
Nigeria!!![/quote]

you are sick. Very cloudy brain

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by delerx(m): 10:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=Idi Amin]I can now authoritatively confirm that ASUU leader is high on marijuana. How on earth does he think that an ordinary selfish body like ASUU can stop a presidential directive. GEJ should sack that 1diot from his job, let me see how he will continue as ASUU chairman when he joins ladipo market traders association. Non sense undecided[/quote
Do u have a brain @all?do u still trust this govt. Am beginning to dislike nairaland Co's of pple Like u
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by olanre12(m): 10:59pm On Dec 02, 2013
Leebeedo:
You are just a f00lish f00l
you are not suppose to be in this thread..
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by curtain: 11:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
mvem: .....You dont have home training...Why do you insult lecturers like this...if u hv a personal issue no bring am here...So u re pro- naija government, if u re...u dont need to come here and show hw uneducated you are...You might be in the university but you are uneducated...Have u heard non-academic students, i think u re one....Dont call people fool ....Wonder d students we re breeding in our universities, hope u aint a thug....See how u dey shout for school to open as if one white-collar job dey wait for you...certainly u might join the non-employed graduates after school u pro-naija government supporter...I am not supporting ASUU but i hate ur insultive words......
keep hating his insults since a punk-asrs like u should have the monopoly of insult, the only explanation for ur yapping is that u ar either a pathetic errand-boy or a silly-old lecturer with his priority misplaced on nairaland.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by masciv: 1:50am On Dec 03, 2013
Idi Amin: I can now authoritatively confirm that ASUU leader is high on marijuana. How on earth does he think that an ordinary selfish body like ASUU can stop a presidential directive. GEJ should sack that 1diot from his job, let me see how he will continue as ASUU chairman when he joins ladipo market traders association. Non sense undecided

You have spoken and people have liked your comment.Feeling important, right?.But you're totally wrong. If Gej sacks him then he can sack your dad too as he would only be engaging dictatorial methods in our so claimed democratic system.Come to think of it, the ASUU members only seek the *implementation * of the 2009 agreement agreed and signed by the FG and which the FG has been cunningly avoiding to implement.So logically speaking, whose at fault?.You say ASUU's wicked and do not take into consideration the plight of the students but think of it,though the lecturers would benefit a little from the implementation of the agreement but we the students stand to gain the greater proportion of good from it.Imagine Nigerian universities ranked among the best of the best in the world because of increase in advancement both in infrastructure and technology,this is what ASUU is fighting for and I totally support this cause because the Nigerian educational system has been bastardized and is in total ruins.I implore you to give ASUU a benefit of doubt and see what they come up with. We all know that industrial action (strike) is the only language that the FG understands as observed in the case of the nlc strike.ASUU's only trying to get the FG to implement the agreement through their best possible means that's got legal and constitutional backing.ASUU does not trust the government and its promises as its been known to bailout on its promises.The shady actions of the FG has also given ASUU more reasons to doubt the authenticity of the FG's promised.Personally,I think that the FG's using delay tactics to cause enmity between ASUU and the general public with the aim of pushing the striking lecturers to work without adequate implementation of the already signed agreement. Please let's help the situation and join ASUU as one voice and support the cause that ASUU's fighting for.I know one thing for sure and its that if we don't help get the FG to implement the agreement now and the strike gets called off,there would be subsequent strikes in the nearest future because ASUU would continue to agitate for the implementation of the agreement and I'm sure the FG would keep posting them.Let's help get the FG to implement by joining ASUU but I can guarantee that if FG implements the agreement and ASUU then misuses funds, I'll turn against them violently and vehemently but until then I'll trust their decisions.

Please, I'm not supporting ASUU because of personal sentiments but I'm only supporting what's right.I'm a student like most of you are, a 200level student of Philosophy at Oba Awon University (Obafemi Awolowo University) and my dad is an electrical engineer so I've got no personal ties to ASUU or its members if that's what some of you are thinking.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by tam4zeb: 4:05am On Dec 03, 2013
if you are a post graduate student I want to ask you this question, how much is your school fees? and they involved you in the Ongoing strike.
the school increased school fees to over N100k just because they said Govt. is not funding the postgraduate schools, even the money schools collect for a year from P.G. students is up to N1billion, what have they done with that money? for all I know ASUU is just on this strike for their selfish reasons

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by blaqoracle: 4:37am On Dec 03, 2013
luvinhubby: ASUU is claiming democracy when it's national executive is grossly undemocratic.
42 out of 61 chapters voted against the strike, why continue? undecided
imagine how dull and desperate ASUU has become, referring to nigerian university students as children still under the tute lage of his or her parents.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by BossTtdiamonds(m): 4:56am On Dec 03, 2013
blaqoracle: imagine how dull and desperate ASUU has become, referring to nigerian university students as children still under the tute lage of his or her parents.
So you're old enough not to be fathered by Dr. Nasir Issa Fagge.. ?? Plus Callin' Nigerian Students Children is your reason to state that the UNION has/have become dull and desperate..... You're Pathetic..
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by BossTtdiamonds(m): 5:03am On Dec 03, 2013
Chardon90:

Yes.. then this should mean your parents should not be paid their salaries in full since they don't work on weekends.. as a matter of fact your parents should not be paid at all whenever they are on vacation, since at that period they are off duty...
You're one pathetic clown.. So you'd rather have your corrupt govt loot their salaries... If they the govt had fulfilled the supposed agreement before hand, 'lld the strike have taken place in the first place... Since you don't even go through the simple task of usin' your brains to figure the FG is the root of the problems at hand, I'd wonder how slow your brain 'lld react to academics... ASUU probably listed you as one of the cause of the industrial strike action...
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 5:37am On Dec 03, 2013
kolawaxxy: this slowpoke is here again. Why not go back to the sexuality section since that is where your likes are found?
this fagg always stalk me. Uglyy faggg
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 03, 2013
5points:
this fagg always stalk me. Uglyy faggg
guyy, you probably think I don't know whom you are. Smh. I'll just pretend as if Idon't.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ijebu School Nursing Form: How I Got Scammed / Real Reasons Ladies Prefer To Live Off-Campus / UNILAG Produces First Set Of Graduates In Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.