Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,282 members, 7,815,478 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:03 PM

ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home (20361 Views)

FG Forced ASUU To Embark On Strike / ASUU To Call Off Strike On Monday / Breaking News: ASUU To Embark On Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by omenka(m): 11:43am On Dec 02, 2013
Chidera Favour: I don't understand the stand of federal government again, what is too hard in what ASUU have said? Fg promised to be giving ASUU 220b yearly for five years and ASUU accepted it just that it must be in written form and sign by different corporation(central Bank and co.), secondly, their four months salary must be paid to them. Then if government is really serious about Nigerian student why can't they pay ASUU their four months salary and let the suposed corporation to sign the agreement? And everybody is busy pouring blame and insult on ASUU, please lets call a spade a spade. Okay even if they succeed in sacking all the lecturers and employ new ones won't they be paying them? won't they be spending in renovating schools if the need arise? Yes I am 200L student been affecting by this strike but am not siding government in this things, I don't see anything too hard in those ASUU's conditions
Thank you jare. I pitty those students taking sides with the govt. This is the most morally debased govt we've ever had in this country. What is the essence of calling off a four months old industrial action if it doesnt achieve its objective at the end? The govt hurriedly released and disbursed 30bill in erned allowances hoping 'once you put money in the greedy men's pockets, they'd go back to the classrooms'. But to their utter shock and disapointment, the strike isnt just about money in the pockets! It's about good hostels, adequate lecture rooms, well equiped labs and libraries, aestetically pleasing campuses, and the general welbeing of the universites. These are issues the govt would rather not want the average nigerian to have so they can perpertually maintain the posture of gods in our eyes and should they depart the world, their children, whom they sent abroad to acquire the best education the world can offer, could take over from where they left off leaving us with no chance of taking leadership positions. This explains why they would rather maintain status quo. Giving us the best would pose a threat to their lifestyle, cos nigerians would then be able to distinguish between good and bad. ASUU isnt making any new demands as wike, okukpe et al have been lieing to nigerians. What they ask for is that govt signs the agreement both parties reached, simple.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 11:45am On Dec 02, 2013
Chidera Favour: I don't understand the stand of federal government again, what is too hard in what ASUU have said? Fg promised to be giving ASUU 220b yearly for five years and ASUU accepted it just that it must be in written form and sign by different corporation(central Bank and co.), secondly, their four months salary must be paid to them. Then if government is really serious about Nigerian student why can't they pay ASUU their four months salary and let the suposed corporation to sign the agreement? And everybody is busy pouring blame and insult on ASUU, please lets call a spade a spade. Okay even if they succeed in sacking all the lecturers and employ new ones won't they be paying them? won't they be spending in renovating schools if the need arise? Yes I am 200L student been affecting by this strike but am not siding government in this things, I don't see anything too hard in those ASUU's conditions

Your reasoning surprised me. I would have thought you will do like other children who foolishly imagine vain things.
If any should trust Jonathan administration, ask MANITOBA, The Canadian electricity giant company that successfully sign the TCN WITH. JONATHAN ADMINISTRATION, BUT JONATHAN CANCELED THE CONTRACT IN ABOUT 4 Month without any TANGIBLE REASON. How much much more the ASUU AGREEMENT THAT IS NOT SIGN. IF THE FOREIGN INVESTORS SEE THIS THEY WILL ACTUALLY BE AFRAID, EXCEPT THE CHINESE, INDIANS, LEBANESE ETC. WHO WILL BRIBE THERE WAY THROUGH. THESE GOVERNMENT CHARACTERISTICS IS NEVER STRAIGHT FORWARD.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by meforyou1(m): 12:01pm On Dec 02, 2013
Bishop Magic:

Dont play politics with everything. These men have been compromised and they dont care a hoot about the ramifications of their strike on the polity.

Does ASUU think they are the only ones working in this country?
This generation of students has since gone to the dogs. ASUU can never try this in the 90's. Now all you have are silly brats protesting over the loss of Swaggz to their school due to renaming.
cant try what in the 90s? FUTMInnna ASUU went on strike for the whole of 1993, just for them to resume and join national ASUU strike for another one year in 1994. so, in the 1990s, i personally spent 2 years at home due to ASUU strike
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
skyluv2000: Its now am fully aware, that northerners and bokoharam are identical twins,otherwise hw cn this man called Nasir Faggea,keep children at home for over 5months,without havin a single remorse, faggea and Buhari are really materializing and practicalizing bokoharam in the education system of this nation. They only believed that western knowlegde is valueless.hw i wish the westerners will reason beyond politcal inclination,and join in the quest for reopening our institutions, to the shame of the of our enemies. God bless Nigeria!!!

You ARE EMPTY DUMTY SAT ON A WALL. YOU can talk but statements senseless.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by michealade(m): 12:15pm On Dec 02, 2013
henrinco: I am in school now.... all my lecturers are present.
mtcheew..wich college of education are u in?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 12:20pm On Dec 02, 2013
oyelude f: where is dat NANS president n wat does he av to say to this threats?

He has collected his egunje and gone to enjoy it. May be in one hotel now with a babe. Since he accused Rotimi some months ago, he had ceased from public and resort to flenjoying.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by fitzjoephilo: 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
satowind: My birthday loading jooh
Toochukwu ogugua
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by michealade(m): 12:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
Yusluv77: As from now on, here are the NEW UNIVERSITIES
LECTURES
* Nysom Wike to teach (Political Science)
* Goodluck Jonathan to teach (Zoology)
* Anyim Pius Anyim (Local Govt Studies)
* Patience Jonathan, (English/Maths)
* Ngozi Iweala (Economics)
* Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (Accounting)
* Julius Okojie(NUC), (Edu Admin/ Mgt)
* Reuben Abati (Mass Communications)
* Deizani Alison-Mudueke (Chemical Engineering/
Petroleum Studies)
* Stella Odua (Transport Studies)
* David Mark, (Military Studies)
* Labaran Maku (Public Administration)
All Students are to resume to EAGLE SQUARE ABUJA
before 4th Dec. 2013. Signed:
Fresh Air and Transformation Team.......lwfmf..
na die b all dis lecturers..dat nyesom wike thug go dey teach pol sci..na aw to dey steal ballot im go dey lecture on..im sure bouh dat
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by pembisco(m): 12:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
If u wnt to knw wen ASUU wil call off strike, visit www. you go wait taya.com
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by michealade(m): 12:23pm On Dec 02, 2013
debbleopto:

He has collected his egunje and gone to enjoy it. May be in one hotel now with a babe. Since he accused Rotimi some months ago, he had ceased from public and resort to flenjoying.
we all know he is incapable and foolish...
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 12:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
michealade: mtcheew..wich college of education are u in?

he is referring to those school affiliated to polytechnics and use secondary schools at weekends
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by lalyiva(f): 12:33pm On Dec 02, 2013
there is no such thing as something for nothing
ASUU went on strike to achieve something, they have almost achieved it,there is no reason to demand salaries when it was clearly stated
NO WORK NO PAY
let them forgo the salaries as a something they gave up to achieve their goal
if the fg pays those salaries, they would belittle themselves because a law is a law
ASUU rants bout Democracy,if they are doing things the Democratic way,let them obey the law,they are not above it.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by HARDUBUY(m): 12:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
For those that voted for Goodluck Jonathan, i hope you have all seen the harm done by you.Hence you've caused the nation more harm than Good. Gej has always been inexperience, incapable, insufficient and independable. what dividence of democracy have you achieved under his ill-fated administration. so so looting, no judgement/justice. just making the masses feel more pains from the academic sector to aviation to petroluem to power even to federal roads. lastly in the words of FELA i ask, which can government be this?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 12:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
redfly:
The various chapters have said they did NOT mention the clause in the voting process. It was added by the leadership of ASUU

Welcome son of the father of lies. You think everybody will fall to your deception. So those lecturers as experienced as they are will not understand signing. Even as student you sign agreement with students affair department, talkless of a promise of 1.1 trillion naira. I wish and I WISH YOU WILL BE DOING SUCH BUSINESSES IN LIFE WITHOUT SIGNING AGREEMENT.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by michealade(m): 12:46pm On Dec 02, 2013
debbleopto:

he is referring to those school affiliated to polytechnics and use secondary schools at weekends
Thank you for making me comprehend jorr..oshe gan(means thank you in ma language).....i for say dis one wey i dey hear say na soljaz bros j wan send enta campuses!abeg dem wan fite war?
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debbleopto: 12:47pm On Dec 02, 2013
lalyiva:
there is no such thing as something for nothing
ASUU went on strike to achieve something, they have almost achieved it,there is no reason to demand salaries when it was clearly stated
NO WORK NO PAY
let them forgo the salaries as a something they gave up to achieve their goal
if the fg pays those salaries, they would belittle themselves because a law is a law
ASUU rants bout Democracy,if they are doing things the Democratic way,let them obey the law,they are not above it.

One of THE HYPOCRITE. You addressed arrears salary. but your eyes are so blinded to the issue of agreement signing he mentioned. government agent.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by ibnakogun: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
This administration will end up with the most irresponsible government award. Deals with polytechnic lectures unfulfilled, with resident doctors voice mail, what about NEPA hanging. Assu will be very silly to call off the strike if there demands are not meet in totality. Only a nation where the minister of education worship in the shrine of hepopotamus and shepopotamus will you want to sack striking lectures when you already have a shortage of 61,000 lectures even with the status quo.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by BetterNigeria: 12:49pm On Dec 02, 2013
luvinhubby: ASUU is claiming democracy when it's national executive is grossly undemocratic.
42 out of 61 chapters voted against the strike, why continue? undecided
my dear ASUU learn from the presidency. In Gov's forum saga, the presidency proofed to us that 16 is greater than19. In Rivers state house of assenbly, 5 is greater than 27. So are suprised with ASUU? So pls dont blem them. I think leadership shld be by example not by sentiments.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Reference(m): 1:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
Idi Amin: I can now authoritatively confirm that ASUU leader is high on marijuana. How on earth does he think that an ordinary selfish body like ASUU can stop a presidential directive. GEJ should sack that 1diot from his job, let me see how he will continue as ASUU chairman when he joins ladipo market traders association. Non sense undecided

Abeg General Amin dis no be Kampala.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by debrights(m): 1:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
ASUU's warning is just to put fear in the parents. This advice is carefully coined for their own interest(selfish). They(ASUU) won't do anything to students.. after all Police men have been posted to secure students(unless ASUU wants to go violent,which I think won't happen). Am in support of re-opening the universities.

Nevertheless,this supposed lecturers called ASUU who are pushing this strike are only but a few. In a university with 100 lecturers(the strong ASUU members may just be five(5)). Majority of the lecturere are tired of this whole thing and want to go back. I called my course adviser some days back and he told me that he wants us to come back to school and so are others. Many (Lecturers) are Of the opinion that the strike be called because their executive members have over-stretched it beyond their expectatio.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by 3kay945(m): 1:10pm On Dec 02, 2013
still enjoying the FG vs ASUU show. cool
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by jameswb: 1:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
i don't understand why some one who lacks understandin administrative skill should be made minister of education how on earth does this minister expect nigerian students to learn in a conditon where the lecturer is teaching and at the door and inside the class there is an armed mobile police officer in d class that guy should be given contracts of mobiLisation not ministerial appointment he does not know what it means To be a democratic leader mr president sir please appoint technocrat not agberos God bless nigeria
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by chiwex(m): 1:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
One question we have to answer is, River state House of Assembly that had been idle for over 7 months now, are they still receiving their salaries and allowances? if they are still receiving (which I believe is right answer), what stop FG paying lecturers their four months salaries and allowances? If the FG did not pay this salary, the student will do indirectly, the issue of blocking lecturers will be raise to power 99 (Lecturers too need money for their upkeep) ie the students will made to bear all the consequences (they had been denied education, their year of graduation shifted, house rent expired, and now they want to pay lecturers).

my fellow Nigerians, is either FG have shared lecturers salaries among themselves or FG is truly broke because of mismanagement and corruption of impunity. And thats y they are afraid to sign the new agreement. Dont forget that ASUU shifted ground from N400b to N200b ( short changed the masses) and still they cannot afford it, release the one u promised and u are threatening the masses which are the end product of the N200b.

I did not see any new demand from what ASUU is asking, the said N200b is not for ASUU but for the whole society (when they the money is released, VC's and NUC not ASUU, will use it to improve facilities and environment of learning, these will in turn improve the quality of our students/graduates and in the long run, the quality students produced will improve our society (which is You and I). it pains me when some some people out of sentiment and tribes use the word 'ASUU's Demand' or 'ASUU politics'. The demand is for US for the benefit and improvement of US the society - from Sociological perspective/reasoning.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Reference(m): 1:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
oladosuphemmy: if we resume now,what will be the essence of the strike.it will mean we wasted 5 month without achieving wat will benefit all of us espescially we the student.WE NEED TO BE PATIENT NOW THAT WE ARE CLOSE TO BREATHROUGH.
THANKS.

Better look for another source of funding. This model is unsustainable not with our run-away population growth. I can't imagine why after 50 years you guys are still tied to the government's apron strings. That's why your products are of little use to the country. Because the country doesn't fund them. Create products that industry needs and industry will fund the process, the universities. Think outside the box. Afterall you are the best brains.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Reference(m): 1:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
oladosuphemmy: if we resume now,what will be the essence of the strike.it will mean we wasted 5 month without achieving wat will benefit all of us espescially we the student.WE NEED TO BE PATIENT NOW THAT WE ARE CLOSE TO BREATHROUGH.
THANKS.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by david290(m): 1:35pm On Dec 02, 2013
I don't know how to quote people but i would have ask dose dat are viewing ASUU as a saint,what ASUU have been doing with all d money dey've been collecting since d era of babangida.in d lab in my skul there are instruments dated 1990.so what have been happening 2 all d money ASUU have been collecting from then till date or is my school not a Nigerian university? Let share dis blame equally.some of our senators don't come 2 sitting or come@will yet dey get paid so also my GNS lecturer who came 2 d class 4 just 2 times in a semester get paid.If ASUU wants 2 fight 4 their right let dem do so justifiably without competiting with gov't officials because 2 me,dey're both partners in crime.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
Its time for the federal to check mate the activities of lecturers in our school, govt should pull stringent disciplinary measures against lecturers that collect bribe to pass students, molest our girls, most lecturers don't come to class yet earning fat pay....all this useless lecturers should be fished out and sacked....i hate when ASUU is agitating rather than cleansing themselves of shame meted to students.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by curtain: 2:03pm On Dec 02, 2013
No-work-no-pay, that was the agreement. New-ASUU should stop acting like touts,......... All roads leads to university campuses nation-wide on the 4th of december, nigerian students are not timid and can not be subjected to any form of threat from ASUU. if any new-ASUU member misbehaves with any student, the spirit of ALUTA shall be invoked and unleashed on such enemy of progress decisively. God bless nigerian students.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by bemagnify: 2:22pm On Dec 02, 2013
HARDUBUY: For those that voted for Goodluck Jonathan, i hope you have all seen the harm done by you.Hence you've caused the nation more harm than Good. Gej has always been inexperience, incapable, insufficient and independable. what dividence of democracy have you achieved under his ill-fated administration. so so looting, no judgement/justice. just making the masses feel more pains from the academic sector to aviation to petroluem to power even to federal roads. lastly in the words of FELA i ask, which can government be this?
rubbish
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by autchkings: 2:27pm On Dec 02, 2013
students shld knw dat FG is trying 2 make sure d whole thing dont bounced back on them (students) especially those in state universities. How many state universities 'll be able 2 pay the salaries of their lecturer if FG approve ASSU's demand, are u sure this 'll not lead to increment of school fees? So many state universities can not pay salaries of their lecturers If FG approves ASSU's demand. Don't be surprise when u start paying 350 - 400k school fee as a state university student. ASSU are fighting for their selfish interest not for ur good.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by ignis: 2:56pm On Dec 02, 2013
I can see the death of a top ASUU executive this week.

That's my dream last night.
Re: ASUU To Parents: Keep Your Children At Home by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 02, 2013
A puzzling question for me is if ASUU is such a force for good in university education, then why is it that there are NO ASUU chapters in private universities? Or are private universities better funded and equipped than the public ones?

Hypothetically speaking, if any of you owned a university, would you allow your lecturers to unionize under ASUU?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Barb" Your Hair Is Wrong. See The Right Word / Real Reasons Ladies Prefer To Live Off-Campus / UNILAG Produces First Set Of Graduates In Chinese

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.