Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,184 members, 7,953,655 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother (42458 Views)

The Sound Word About Women Wearing Trousers / Does God Really Frown Against Ladies Wearing Trousers? I Need Your Opinion / Born Again Christian Women Wearing Make-up, Is It Biblical? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
udopee: @ the op,as a man on trousers, when you want to urinate in an open place, you freely do that at ease without people around seeing ur body, it is not the same case with a woman wearing trousers. If accidentally she is on a far journey and along the line the vehicle stops for people to urinate, I tell you that you will see everything cus she have to pull down the trouser to her hipline before having free assess to ease herself. What else is she hiding again. It wouldn't be like that if she is wearing a well covering long skirt bcus all she need to do is to quietly bend down and off she goes. THIS IS SIMPLE REASONING TO SHOW YOU THAT NATURE DOES NOT SUPPORT WOMEN WEARING TROUSERS OR MEN WEARING SKIRT...SHALOM!

Sorry but this argument is very illogical as to our discussion here.

Nature is not against ladies putting on skirts or trousers, our culture and idea also determines our style of dress.

Shalom!

4 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by udopee(f): 2:52pm On Dec 02, 2013
[quote author=haibe
Let her try that decency on good cooperate skirts and you will the Glory of God on her.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 2:54pm On Dec 02, 2013
udopee: [quote author=haibe
Let her try that decency on good cooperate skirts and you will the Glory of God on her.

Decent trousers are just right for ladies, shalom!

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by bizmahn: 3:00pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
You're being stylishly bias. Take your stand.
LOL... I'm sure I'll not be biased if I agree with you unreservedly.But unfortunately,I'm not writing to impress you & I sure don't write to impress people.I write to say what is the truth to the best of my knowledge as a christian & a puritan for that fact.Puritans respect & regard sinless sanctity which is the hallmark of true christrianity.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by amaralizzy40y: 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2013
@OP, if u c ur pastor on stage puttin on skirt,blouse and hair tie wht wil u say, we u tel pple dat he is lookin nice or he is putin on ladies wear. why didn't we hav skirt 4 men. The devil is moving like roaring lion seekin 4 whom he may devour.

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 3:29pm On Dec 02, 2013
amara.lizzy%40y:
@OP, if u c ur pastor on stage puttin on skirt,blouse and hair tie wht wil u say, we u tel pple dat he is lookin nice or he is putin on ladies wear. why didn't we hav skirt 4 men. The devil is moving like roaring lion seekin 4 whom he may devour.

Honestly it's going to look awkward at first because it will be the first time I am seeing a man on such but still there is no point there calling him a sinner.

In the bible age, both men and women wore robes which is synonymous with gown today, so it all depends on the cultural setting. In Scotland and seattle today, men wear kilts which is more like skirts in this part of the world and no christian over there accuse them of wearing females garment because it has been so since the beginning of their tradition and culture.

So I hope you understand now that your dressing can also depend on culture. . If a man wears skirts in nigeria, he may look awkward but if he goes to seattle, he will just look normal.

If we are to backward time to the bible age, if a man wears a gown it will be normal but now it may look awkward since our tradition hasn't adapted to that, but with time the awkwardness vanishes.

In some part of nigeria, like niger delta both male and female put on wrappers as an attire, no one sees the men there as sinners because it has been like that in their culture.

So just look at things broadly in order to avoid being a legalist.

10 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by God2man(m): 7:06pm On Dec 02, 2013
@haibe, This is confusion. I believe God is not a God of confusion, there should be a clear distinction btw men and women clothing.

Let's read the verse again Deuteronomy 22:5

" The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lor thy God"

You see, the Bible says in Genesis 1:27c " male and female created he them"
There is a clear distinction. My brother, whether we like it or not, there must be a clear distinction in the way we dress.
The question we need to ask is who standardized the clothing? Who said this clothing is for men and this one is for women.

God is a God of order, the devil is an architect of disorder.

History will always repeat itself, there is nothing new under the sun. History made us to understand that the dress of sexes from time immemorial had been violated by idol worshippers. Men wore the colored dress of women when they presented themselves before the star of venus, women also wore men's armor when presenting themselves before the star of mars.

I also learnt that before the world war, women were not wearing trousers, immediately after the world war, where many men died, women started wearing trousers like men to go to work.

Nowadays, it is a show, or demonstration of deception, a trait of the devil, for women to wear things that have been made for men, it opens doors for many abominable sins to be done, even openly without shame.

Jesus said in Matthew 5:28 "But i say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her committed adultery with her already in his heart"

it does not matter the type of clothing women put on, decent or indecent, men will continue to lust after them till tommorow.

Let there be a distinction, it will promote holiness, righteousness, humilty, and most importantly, obedient to the commandment of God.

God bless you.
God2man.

9 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 8:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
@God2man there is no confusion here, the only confusion is thinking trousers are sinful for ladies to where.

Are you trying to tell me you cannot distinguish between a male's trouser and a female's trouser? Are they the same?

Men have their trousers, so does women
Men have their shirts, so does men
Men have their shoes, so does women

So why is it that we focus only on trousers, why the cherry picking?

Is it sinful for a lady to wear a polo t-shirt which arguably was initially made for men?

Should a christian lady wear skirts during exercises or youth corper service?

God sew fig leaves to cover adam and eve, was there any distinction between them?

Now to Deuteronomy 22:5:

" The woman shall not wear that which
pertaineth unto man, neither shall a man put
on a woman's garment: for all that do so are
abomination unto the Lord thy God"

Firstly this is a law given to the nation isreal and has a significance strictly for Israel which we may not be aware of, Why? Because infact the dressings of male and female jews were very similar, they wore robes not trousers or skirts. .so it definitely means this law has an implication to israel which we are not aware of.

Secondly, that verse says a man shouldn't wear what pertains to a woman and a woman shouldn't wear a man's garment.

Now men have shirts, women also have theirs.

Therefore it is not sinful for a woman to wear shirts for women.

Also men have trousers, women also have theirs.

Therefore it is not sinful for a woman to wears trousers for women.

If you say it's sinful for a woman to wear trousers for women, then you are saying it is sinful for a lady to wear shirts for women too, in this case you would be causing a lot of havoc because most ladies against trousers approve of shirts for ladies.

Thirdly, I have been hanging on the assumption that those laws applied to us but as a christian it doesn't, the bible tells us we are not under the law.

Now we know that whatever the law says , it
says to those who are under the law, so that
every mouth may be silenced ...(Romans 3:19)

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under
the law (Galatians 5:18)

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for
ye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14).

I don't know if you are a jew but the bible tells us the law ends when we accept christ.

For Christ is the end of the law for
righteousness to everyone who believes. (Romans 10:4)

I don't know if you believe though.

Lastly just incase you still want to hang to the law, then there is one rule, NO CHERRY PICKING, if not you are a time waster trying to obey the law, you must obey all if you want to be under the law.

For whoever shall keep the whole law and shall
offend in one [point ], he has come under the
guilt of [breaking] all. (James 2:10)

So since you want to obey the laws you must obey all.

that same Deuteronomy chapter 22 uou quoted from has some other laws which you must keep, some of which are:

You shall not wear a garment of different
sorts, as of woolen and linen together. (Deuteronomy 22:11)

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one
of them comes to rescue her husband from his
assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him
by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her
hand. Show her no pity. (Deuteronomy 22:11-12)

do you obey this laws too?

11 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 8:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
haibe: @God2man there is no confusion here, the only confusion is thinking trousers are sinful for ladies to where.

Are you trying to tell me you can distinguish between a male's trouser and a female's trouser? Are they the same?

Men have their trousers, so does women
Men have their shirts, so does men
Men have their shoes, so does women

So why is it that we focus only on trousers, why the cherry picking?

Is it sinful for a lady to wear a polo t-shirt which arguably was initially made for men?

Should a christian lady wear skirts during exercises or youth corper service?

God sew fig leaves to cover adam and eve, was there any distinction between them?

Now to Deuteronomy 22:5:

" The woman shall not wear that which
pertaineth unto man, neither shall a man put
on a woman's garment: for all that do so are
abomination unto the Lord thy God"

Firstly this is a law given to the nation isreal and has a significance strictly for Israel which we may not be aware of, Why? Because infact the dressings of male and female jews were very similar, they wore robes not trousers or skirts. .so it definitely means this law has an implication to israel which we are not aware of.

Secondly, that verse says a man shouldn't wear what pertains to a woman and a woman shouldn't wear a man's garment.

Now men have shirts, women also have theirs.

Therefore it is not sinful for a woman to wear shirts for women.

Also men have trousers, women also have theirs.

Therefore it is not sinful for a woman to wears trousers for women.

If you say it's sinful for a woman to wear trousers for women, then you are saying it is sinful for a lady to wear shirts for women too, in this case you would be causing a lot of havoc because most ladies against trousers approve of shirts for ladies.

Thirdly, I have been hanging on the assumption that those laws applied to us but as a christian it doesn't, the bible tells us we are not under the law.

Now we know that whatever the law says , it
says to those who are under the law, so that
every mouth may be silenced ...(Romans 3:19)

But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under
the law (Galatians 5:18)

For sin shall not have dominion over you: for
ye are not under the law, but under grace (Romans 6:14).

I don't know if you are a jew but the bible tells us the law ends when we accept christ.

For Christ is the end of the law for
righteousness to everyone who believes. (Romans 10:4)

I don't know if you believe though.

Lastly just incase you still want to hang to the law, then there is one rule, NO CHERRY PICKING unless you are a time waster trying to obey the law, the must obey all if you want to be under the law.

For whoever shall keep the whole law and shall
offend in one [point ], he has come under the
guilt of [breaking] all. (James 2:10)

So since you want to obey the laws you must obey all.

that same Deuteronomy chapter 22 uou quoted from has some other laws which you must keep, some of which are:

You shall not wear a garment of different
sorts, as of woolen and linen together. (Deuteronomy 22:11)

11 If two men are fighting and the wife of one
of them comes to rescue her husband from his
assailant, and she reaches out and seizes him
by his private parts, 12 you shall cut off her
hand. Show her no pity. (Deuteronomy 22:11-12)

do you obey this laws too?
@ the bolded grin grin
No mind them jare, they're false prophets.
You'll see: he'll try to counter your post with an illogical notion.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
@ the bolded grin grin
No mind them jare, they're false prophets.
You'll see: he'll try to counter your post with an illogical notion.

Yes am expecting that too because it is crystal clear from the scriptures that this laws are not even meant for christians.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 9:07pm On Dec 02, 2013
U people are funny,now how did OP record or download d ful conversation into his brains nt only questions,but d way d oda person also replied,come on i don't beliv anytin likedat hapened,wer u just record every single word in ur conversation wit someone,nd also d oda of d question asked.But let me also sound dis 2 d hearin of everyone dat trousas ar 4 men nd men alone,women don't b decieved trousas ar 4 men,even from d bible men wore trousas so don't just confuse urself 2 condemnation.U might b tryin 2 logicaly twist d bible upside down,but wen u die wit trousas,den we wil see how u logicaly explain d bible in d judgement platform.Rememba d devil is wise he existed milions of years b4 u,so he knows how 2 decieve mankind,but b wise,watch nd pray nd u wil nt fall into his deceptiv schemes.God bless u

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:12pm On Dec 02, 2013
spencerwilliams: U people are funny,now how did OP record or download d ful conversation into his brains nt only questions,but d way d oda person also replied,come on i don't beliv anytin likedat hapened,wer u just record every single word in ur conversation wit some,nd also d oda of d question asked.But let me also sound dis 2 d hearin of everyone dat trousas ar 4 men nd men alone,women don't b decieved trousas ar 4 men,even from d bible men wore trousas so don't just confuse urself 2 condemnation.God bless u

I may not be 100% accurate with the words exactly but the conversation went the way it is written, some people do have sharp memories.

Any prove from the secular or scriptural world that trousers are meant for men and men alone?

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 9:16pm On Dec 02, 2013
haibe:

I may not be 100% accurate with the words exactly but the conversation went the way it is written, some people do have sharp memories.

Any prove from the secular or scriptural world that trousers are meant for men and men alone?
if i show u now wil u keep quit nd repent,cos u hv decieved a lot of people,just answer me first
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:25pm On Dec 02, 2013
spencerwilliams: if i show now wil u keep quit nd repent,cos u hv decieved a lot of people,just answer me first

Are you having a problem backing your point?

Prove to me that trousers are meant for men and men alone.

If you have no prove,then your words shouldn't be taken seriously.

Are shirts meant for men alone too?
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:28pm On Dec 02, 2013
We are waiting Spencer (it's been long I heard that name).
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
haibe:

Are you having a problem backing your point?

Prove to me that trousers are meant for men and men alone.

If you have no prove,then your words shouldn't be taken seriously.

Are shirts meant for men alone too?
u make me laugh i appreciat ur sense of reasoning,but am asking u so dat wen i show u nd u want 2 ague i can remind of wat u said,so just simply answa me yes or no,becos dis is a very controversial mata in christendom,just answa nd i wil show u in ur own bible were men put on wat we call TROUSERS.Full stop
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
spencerwilliams: u make me laugh i appreciat ur sense of reasoning,but am asking u so dat wen i show u nd u want 2 ague i can remind of wat u said,so just simply answa me yes or no,becos dis is a very controversial mata in christendom,just answa nd i wil show u in ur own bible were men put on wat we call TROUSERS.Full stop
Guy just hit nail for head na. Share your truth with us.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:34pm On Dec 02, 2013
spencerwilliams: u make me laugh i appreciat ur sense of reasoning,but am asking u so dat wen i show u nd u want 2 ague i can remind of wat u said,so just simply answa me yes or no,becos dis is a very controversial mata in christendom,just answa nd i wil show u in ur own bible were men put on wat we call TROUSERS.Full stop

It seems you have nothing to say, when you have a prove you can post it.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by Nomski0(f): 9:42pm On Dec 02, 2013
Those against women wearing trousers should click the link below.
Women didnt just wake up and decide to wear them, there were reasons, very reasonable reasons attached to their decisions.

Maybe before taking sides you should read on the history of both clothings(trousers and skirts) before quoting the Bible.

http://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_wearing_trousers_in_the_Western_world_after_1900

2 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 9:43pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
Guy just hit nail for head na. Share your truth with us.
now all doubtas about on d issue of trousas open to exodus 28:41-42 if u use king james version u will see d word linen breeches,u go 2 your dictionary nd check d meanin of d word breeches nd tell me what u see.Thank u

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by anibi9674: 9:44pm On Dec 02, 2013
haibe:

Yes am expecting that too because it is crystal clear from the scriptures that this laws are not even meant for christians.
plz wat is d law ? We r no lönger under d law bt still under Gods moral standard.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
Any body in d hous 2 prove me wrong now i still hav 2 diferent scriptures were men wore trousas,am waitin 4 d doubtas.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2013
anibi9674: plz wat is d law ? We r no lönger under d law bt still under Gods moral standard.

And what is God's moral standard for christians? Deuteronomy 22:5?? lol.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
spencerwilliams: Any body in d hous 2 prove me wrong now i still hav 2 diferent scriptures were men wore trousas,am waitin 4 d doubtas.

Guy I already knew you didn't have a prove to back up your points.

you said trousers are meant for men and men only, this is what you are to prove.

If men putting on trousers is what you want to prove, then yes maybe I will agree that breeches means trousers but maybe you should also use an electronic bible to search the word skirt in the kjv.

The bible shows that men wore skirts, tunics, robes and even linen, so no much big deal about these.

Our concern here is where does the bible say trousers are for men only or that skirts are fo women only?

Even God claimed to be on skirts:

Now when I passed by thee, and looked
upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of
love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and
covered thy unclothedness: yea, I sware unto
thee, and entered into a covenant with
thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou
becamest mine. ( Ezekiel 16-8 )

"A man shall not take his father's wife,
nor discover his father's skirt "
Deuteronomy 22:30.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 9:58pm On Dec 02, 2013
I am stil waitin 4 someon 2 defend d idea of trousas being a woman's wear am hearin d voices dat wer waitin 4 scriptures 2 b shown 2 dem b4 dey could believ,like i said der ar oda 2 diferent scriptures,wer men alone wore trousas,so my advic 4 u people who hav being decievin peopl,u beta go and tell all d women u hav told dat trousas are both 4 men nd women 2 repent or else u ALL WILL PAY 4 THOSE SOULS!!!.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by anibi9674: 10:08pm On Dec 02, 2013
spencerwilliams: now all doubtas about on d issue of trousas open to exodus 28:41-42 if u use king james version u will see d word linen breeches,u go 2 your dictionary nd check d meanin of d word breeches nd tell me what u see.Thank u
spencer God bless u nd ur generation 4 revealing d hiden things of God. Vicky hope after dis u will repent.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by vickyO(f): 10:11pm On Dec 02, 2013
anibi9674: spencer God bless u nd ur generation 4 revealing d hiden things of God. Vicky hope after dis u will repent.
REPENT? I've repented and I refuse to enter into bondage again. I've been freed and I'm free indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2013
spencerwilliams: I am stil waitin 4 someon 2 defend d idea of trousas being a woman's wear am hearin d voices dat wer waitin 4 scriptures 2 b shown 2 dem b4 dey could believ,like i said der ar oda 2 diferent scriptures,wer men alone wore trousas.

There are scriptures where men wore skirts too,does that mean skirts are meant for men only
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by haibe(m): 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2013
its sad how people stick to one law only out of the hundreds we have.. you guys are the ones who need to repent because if you want to be saved by th2e law, you must obey ALL.. If you break one you are guilty of all.

1 Like

Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2013
haibe:

Guy I already knew you didn't have a prove to back up your points.

you said trousers are meant for men and men only, this is what you are to prove.

If men putting on trousers is what you want to prove, then yes maybe I will agree that breeches means trousers but maybe you should also use an electronic bible to search the word skirt in the kjv.

The bible shows that men wore skirts, tunics, robes and even linen, so no much big deal about these.

Our concern here is where does the bible say trousers are for men only or that skirts are fo women only?

Even God claimed to be on skirts:

Now when I passed by thee, and looked
upon thee, behold, thy time was the time of
love; and I spread my skirt over thee, and
covered thy unclothedness: yea, I sware unto
thee, and entered into a covenant with
thee, saith the Lord GOD, and thou
becamest mine. ( Ezekiel 16-cool
u ar just decievin ur self,now use amplified bible if u hav nd open 2 dat same place,amplified used d word linen trunks,now go 2 ur dictionary nd find out d meanin,trunks are men's wear only,nt 4 women atall,4rom ur answa i see dat even if i show u d oda 2 places in d scripture where men wore trousas,d devil wil stil give u anoda idea 2 misinterpret it,but i know dat dat scriptur alon can make a heaven bound christian know d truth,earlier u all where just sayin show me wher men wore trousas,i know u were nt even expectin 2 see any place like dis in d bible,but now u hv seen it nd u ar stil argueing,i wount talk much wit u,but i hope 2 com across people lik u one on one so dat we wil know how to talk beta,but like i said no nid 2 argue,becos 2timothy 2:23-26 has taught me how to respond 2 people like u.God bless u
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 10:24pm On Dec 02, 2013
anibi9674: spencer God bless u nd ur generation 4 revealing d hiden things of God. Vicky hope after dis u will repent.
God bless u two 4 he has chosen u from d foundation of d world 2 believ d truth.
Re: Women Wearing Trousers: Conversation With A Brother by spencerwilliams(m): 10:31pm On Dec 02, 2013
vickyO:
REPENT? I've repented and I refuse to enter into bondage again. I've been freed and I'm free indeed.
what do u tink d bible was talkin about wen it comes 2 being free 4rom d law,i can see where ur proplem is coming from.U nid 2 know dat d law is nt abolished.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (29) (Reply)

South African Preacher Who Fed His Congregation Snakes Arrested – Reports / Why Do Churches Have Different Doctrines And Denominations? / Pastor Odumeje Shows Off N4m To Be Given To Victims Of Ochanja Market Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.